PDA

View Full Version : how many of you have reserved your rooms yet?

MikigamiTokiya
02-11-2003, 09:19 PM
I just got mine tonight so I was curious as to how many people have allready gone and done it @_@

Kia
02-12-2003, 09:26 AM
... um...no... I'm lazy, and completely unorganized... I think I need a good kick in the pants to get anything done ^_^ If Arieth's still going to AN and is going to room with me then I only need 2 more people and then I'll book the sucker ^_^

Sakura
02-12-2003, 02:04 PM
some of my friends and I reserved them back in August... *_* I know the site didn't say the dates back then, but we got a flier at Otakon that said the new dates so we wanted to be ahead of the rest of the people. The rest of our group got theirs in September because they were slow with getting the money together.

Yuna-X2
02-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Oh, I definatly do not have mine booked yet.

Scoti
02-12-2003, 03:56 PM
I still need time to figure out who's going n' stuff I don't book till end of March or early April

Mage
02-12-2003, 07:50 PM
I have NO idea what I'm doing about a room...

This year, I really want to stay in the hotel because it's a hell of a lot more convenient than going back/forth each night, even if I can get a ride. I hate having to drag my father out that late in order to pick me up....I can deal with the lack of sleep, but I feel terrible putting him through that as well...

I definitely can't afford to stay alone, though, so I need to figure out what I'm going to do...

if I stay in the hotel, I can bring as many costumes as I want too because it'll be easier to handle maintenance and storage issues. ^__^ esp. for costumes only for photoshoots and such...Okay, as many as I want is ridiculous, considering I don't have any anywhere near to being finished! But you get the idea...lol

In short, I currently don't know where I will be staying. o_o; So of course I haven't booked anything yet. o_o;;;

MikigamiTokiya
02-12-2003, 07:55 PM
one of these years i'll just bring our camper and hang in the parking lot XD better yet, not sleep @ all and watch anime for however many hours the con is open lol

nyamiko_chan
02-17-2003, 04:11 PM
hee...i'm in the same boat as you whitemage....i don't even know if i can afford the room.

Ya..i'll be the Chii with the many bags of merch. hanging off me!!

LOL!! T-T poor me....I'd share a room if i can get the money..how much would i have to put in to share a room with 4 peeps??

Sullenshady
02-19-2003, 02:38 PM
I was thinking about staying at my uncle's house in the Beaches. Then I looked at a map of Toronto and realized how insane that would be. So I'm stuck waiting to see how many of my friends are going/where they're planning to stay. Anyone know how quickly the convention hotel rooms get booked up?

Kia
02-19-2003, 08:21 PM
I would love to offer anyone without a room somewhere to crash, but as it is I still don't even know what's going on with my own room planning thingy... as it is there's now a possibility that I might not be able to attend the con... :: sigh ::

Hikaruchan
02-20-2003, 10:45 AM
Due to a recent guest announcement I am considering coming - but I would really like to hear how they are going to handle Midorikawa appearances and signing before make final decision. Depending on if I like what they say, I then may be scrambling for a room.

Kia
03-04-2003, 06:41 AM
For all those who have booked their rooms already, what kind of cost/pricing are we looking at here? It would be nice to have some idea of how much money I'm going to owe my mom off of her credit card ^_^

Sullenshady
03-04-2003, 09:44 AM
This is all stuff I got off of the official website:

"The following rooms are available for convention attendees:

Economy: $98/night, queen sized bed, shower
Standard: $109/night, two double beds, full bath
Premium: $119/night, two double beds, full bath, couch and writing desk
Deluxe: $129/night, two double beds, full bath, couch, writing desk, extras (fruit basket, etc.)
Full Suite: $250/night

To reserve a room, call the hotel directly at (416) 675-1500. Please clearly state you are attending Anime North in order to receive the convention room rate. A credit card number is required to confirm the reservation. If you do not have a credit card available, a money order for the full amount may be used.

Please note that there are only a limited number of rooms available at the convention rate. You are advised to make your reservation before the last week of April."

coscrew
03-04-2003, 10:12 AM
curses.... my visa application was declined. =*(

i'll never ever own a credit card... must find better job...

mmm... Econ looks very nice right now...

don't plan of bringing much with us other than costumes and food i think..

poo.. i wanted to brong my ps, but there's not gonna be anyone staying with us, so why bother...

please tell me someone else is bringing a ps or ps2 that's modded so i can bring my binder of games and have a top shop duel.....

Takuma-san
03-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Do remember those prices listed are *double* occupancy rates, it's somewhere around $10 per head for extra people.

I've book the room, but no one's planning to pay me back anytime soon. ;_;

ducky_feet
03-07-2003, 12:52 PM
I have two other people going with me, but we're staying in Toronto for a week (to see the sights), so I don't know how that's going to work with the hotel and all.

Tamer Brad
03-10-2003, 02:46 AM
I'm 14, and I doubt my mom would approve of staying in a hotel with my girlfriend and strange net people :P