PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for Anbu Itachi costume

chibi_kitsune
01-12-2006, 03:56 PM
I want to make it but i'm not sure were to start. If anybody ever made that costume, how did you? Want patterns you used? What fabrics? Were to get the shoes and how to make the mask and arm things? ect...anything would be a big help. Just need to get started. Thanks

Danzikumaru
01-12-2006, 03:58 PM

It would seem the only thing that makes Itachi's ANBU uniform unique is his scarf...and I've seen many different interpretations of that...

chibi_kitsune
01-12-2006, 04:02 PM

It would seem the only thing that makes Itachi's ANBU uniform unique is his scarf...and I've seen many different interpretations of that...

Mmmm...o.k., but do you anything else, like how to make it. My problem with my costumes is I always have trouble getting started ( been sewing for a few years and mostly teach myself. I never made a full pattern without some help)

Danzikumaru
01-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Mmmm...o.k., but do you anything else, like how to make it. My problem with my costumes is I always have trouble getting started ( been sewing for a few years and mostly teach myself. I never made a full pattern without some help)

Well, having never made the ANBU uniform myself, I'm not much of an authority on the subject. But I have indeed bared witness to several different methopds of creation...

PBC pipe arm guards
modified wooden ninjato
modified over-alls pattern for the chest piece

I'm sorry I'm not much more help than that, though.

chibi_kitsune
01-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Well, having never made the ANBU uniform myself, I'm not much of an authority on the subject. But I have indeed bared witness to several different methopds of creation...

PBC pipe arm guards
modified wooden ninjato
modified over-alls pattern for the chest piece

I'm sorry I'm not much more help than that, though.

I was thinks of altering over alls or jumpers (since that's what it looks like) and get a turdle neck with the sleves to go under it. The rest i'm not sure about.

chibi_kitsune
01-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Oh I just found a few places that sells props and accesseries for a good deal in case anyone is interested.

www.japanimation.com and www.Kikumarubeam.com

Now Just need to find ways for the rest of the outfit. Does anybody know how to make the shoes or places that would sell them?

chibi_kitsune
01-13-2006, 04:37 AM
Does anybody know how I can make the shoes or where I can find some like that?

DarkenedWings
01-13-2006, 10:10 PM
*waves.*

I've cosplayed ANBU Itachi. Technically, you don't need to have scarf for him, either, I don't think that's an official thing. The decorated ANBU are more of a fan-created idea.

Start with the stuff under the vest. You'll need plain black pants, and a black sleeveless shirt. I've seen Itachi two ways... the official way in the manga is to make a black Uchiha shirt with the large collar and wear that under the vest. The way I cosplay him, I use what all the other ANBU wear... a black, sleeveless turtleneck.

ANBU always have black sleeves. Again, two ways I've seen... one is where they're like long gloves that go up just below their shoulders where the tattoo is. The other is again, what I do, two separate pieces... the arm bands are one, the gloves are separate. Simple enough to make. I bought my gloves.

The vest is up to interpretation. It needs to be kind of a muted color. Not plain white, but either a very light grey or a very light tan. You can look for patterns to modify, or, like me, you can just wing it. (That's not usually advised, though, so find a vest pattern or something if you can.) Try to use a thick fabric and line it with something so it doesn't look like just a regular vest, make it look more like the armor they're supposed to have.

My armbands are made from a craft foam base and covered with cut up, make-your-own-stencil plastic from WalMart, then painted the same color as my vest. They stay on my arms with elastic bands. Cheap, easy to make.

My ANBU Itachi is decorated with all sorts of scarves and such, but that's up to you to do.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Cora
01-14-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm actually working on ANBU Kakashi at the moment, and I'm almost finished with my arm guards - I made them out of Wonderflex because I wanted to make the ANBU Mask that Kakashi has out of wonderflex too...so I just bought extra, but as DarkenedWings said, there's cheaper ways to go about the arm bands ^^;;

For my vest, it's actually a darker grey, and I made my own pattern. At some point in time when I get my cosplay website up, I'll explain how I made the pattern for the vest and the undershirt. My sleeveless black shirt had to go up to cover my face, so I made it out of two layers of stretchy black "lining." But again I made my own pattern, so I can't really help you there. It actually wasn't that difficult per se, but I've worked with patterns a lot. Though it did take me a couple tries to get it to fit right, so I was really glad I made a muslin mock-up of my first pattern and didn't waste any expensive fabric, as it was actually way too small ^^;

I found a great ebay store that sells long gloves, though they're intended to be "opera gloves" and are made for women, so they might be too small for a guy, but for a girl it'd work well. I got mine a week or so ago and they're really nice quality, very pretty:

Angels Bridal (http://stores.ebay.com/ANGELS-BRIDAL-SHOP_BRIDAL-SATIN-OPERA-GLOVES_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQsclZ0QQtZkm)

They also have a lot of different colors...so if anyone needs really long gloves... ^^;;

I have yet to post my costume-in-progress pictures, hopefully I can have them up later today or tomorrow. I also have to dig out the sandals that I'm going to use for the shoes...I know there's a tutorial somewhere around here about making Naruto shoes but those are different from the ANBU shoes. *check the props forum anyway, it might help get you started ^^;* When I start working on those I'll post pictures in my gallery.

chibi_kitsune
01-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh, the scarf is not need, I only say it on fan art or others costume but not in offical pictures? Alright thanks for the tips guys.

Cora
01-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm not quite sure where the scarf thing came from. In one of the movies you see ANBU Kakashi with a scarf, but he was in the Snow Country (where it's COLD), so that made sense. I don't think it came from that but...*shrug* I've never seen any official pictures with scarves, just doujin or fanart. So no, the scarf isn't necessary.

chibi_kitsune
01-15-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm not quite sure where the scarf thing came from. In one of the movies you see ANBU Kakashi with a scarf, but he was in the Snow Country (where it's COLD), so that made sense. I don't think it came from that but...*shrug* I've never seen any official pictures with scarves, just doujin or fanart. So no, the scarf isn't necessary.

Same here so I wasn't going to make it cause I didn't see it in offical pictures.

Michi
01-15-2006, 05:05 PM
chibi_kitsune, it's one thing to double post, but it's another to triple post and also repeat the same thing you said in an earlier post. x_x; You said "Does anybody know how to make the shoes or places that would sell them?" and then added another post with "Does anybody know how I can make the shoes or where I can find some like that?" which is basically the same thing re-worded. Please just be patient for people to respond to your threads instead of spamming them with the same stuff. =/

chibi_kitsune
01-15-2006, 05:15 PM
chibi_kitsune, it's one thing to double post, but it's another to triple post and also repeat the same thing you said in an earlier post. x_x; You said "Does anybody know how to make the shoes or places that would sell them?" and then added another post with "Does anybody know how I can make the shoes or where I can find some like that?" which is basically the same thing re-worded. Please just be patient for people to respond to your threads instead of spamming them with the same stuff. =/

Sorry, i'll try to keep that in mind next time.