PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden cosplay!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ArchFaith
01-13-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm sure there must be an older Suikoden thread, but here....a brand new one for all your Suiko needs!!

I find this lack of Suikoden cosplay disturbing, actually. I'm hard at work on my first Suikoden outfit, which will be Sierra from SII. Anybody else working on outfit or made an outfit already?

Danzikumaru
01-13-2006, 02:34 PM

The Gear Project has a few in mind:

Watari and Ayame - Suikoden III
Kinnison and Shiro - Suikoden II
Tir and Gremio - Suikoden I
Luc and Yuber - Suikoden III

youjik33
01-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Wooo! I almost created this very thread myself last night but held off for some reason. I'm angling to cosplay as the very first Suikoden hero, Tir McDohl... hopefully for ACen, if I can learn to sew in time, haha. I'm trying to talk my friend into being Ted. ^_^*

The world definitely needs more Suikoden cosplayers. There are so many characters and so many of them have cool outfits...

Ironekilz
01-14-2006, 09:19 PM
I agree, the world DOES need more Suikoden cosplay. I would love to cosplay Thomas from III, though I've been pretty busy lately and have a couple other cosplays lined up, so don't know when I'll get around to doing that.

Imari-chan
01-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Suikoden! I love the outfits in there. I'm doing several from every series. (x.x) and going to host the Fanime gathering for Suikoden this year hehe. Not sure who I am going to finish first. But I hope to do some of it soon. :D

Sami
01-15-2006, 04:16 PM
I've done WAAAY too much Suikoden cosplay! You can see everything in my gallery; I have a Camus, Nanami, Queen, Culgan, McDohl, and Lilly... I -think- that's all.

I think thus far, even though I HATED it at first and thought it was a gigantic piece of crap, that Camus is my favourite Suikoden costume I've done. I'd like to redo some pieces of it, but I'm proud of it.

This year I'd really like to make Millie's outfit, she's so adorable!

And yes, the world NEEDS more Suikoden cosplay!! :D

youjik33
01-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Oh, I saw your pics in the gallery... I LOVE your Queen. She's kickass anyway. <3

Asha-Morgan
01-16-2006, 04:32 AM
I have made lots of Suikoden costumes:
(mine) Riou, Jowy, Sasarai, Yuber, [making Hero IV, the Flame Champion and Camus]
(Commissions) Luc, Sarah, Albert.

In the Australian Cons, you say "Suikoden" and people answer "Say what?" or "What is that?" It's generally not very well known over here. And if there is a Suikoden Skit, it doesn't really hold the audiences attention because they have no idea what we are on about.

I agree, We do need more Suikoden cosplay!

Mekou
01-16-2006, 05:15 AM
I've done Jillia, Nanami and Tomo from SII and McDohl from SI. =) And there's sooooo many more I wanna do! And remake the ones I have done since they kinda sucked. =(

I actually have many people IN LOVE with the designs from SV! So eventually we may make a group cosplay of it. :3

Go SuikoCosplay!

youjik33
01-16-2006, 10:23 AM
V has a distinctly more Asian flair than the previous ones... it's looking very pretty.

I'd also love to see someone do Andarc from Tactics/Rhapsodia... I love Andarc, heh.

Danzikumaru
01-16-2006, 12:20 PM
V has a distinctly more Asian flair than the previous ones... it's looking very pretty.

I'd also love to see someone do Andarc from Tactics/Rhapsodia... I love Andarc, heh.

It's also looking like what happened with the character designs in Suiokden III.... a term I like to use for it is "detail vomit" and "the Hyung Tae Kim effect".Which is why I loved the return to considerably simpler designs in Suikoden IV.

Don't worry about recognition of Suikoden in Australia...it's just as ignored over here. Gaming nerds will recognize it....hardly anyone else will. Suikoden I and II are considered rather valuable collection items amongst RPG fans...just check out some of the prices these games are going for on Ebay.

For our group, The Gear Project, our Suikoden Ninja group is going to be an extremely ambitious project...especially considering that amongst everyone who's volunteered thus far, Evil Kimba and I took on some of the most difficult costumes in the game series (Ayame and Watari). We will try and have all of the ninja up to Suiko III...and will design a new, more Suiko III like outfit for the older characters (particularly Kage, whom was originally scripted to make several guest apperences in Suiko III, but was scrapped and replaced with Mike...who might very well BE Kage)

youjik33
01-16-2006, 06:33 PM
I can't imagine Mike being a ninja, though he's certainly some kind of spy or something. (Also freakin' adorable. One of those cosplays you wouldn't be able to do unless you were in a group, or no one would no you were cosplaying ^_^*)

Danzikumaru
01-16-2006, 06:47 PM
I can't imagine Mike being a ninja, though he's certainly some kind of spy or something. (Also freakin' adorable. One of those cosplays you wouldn't be able to do unless you were in a group, or no one would no you were cosplaying ^_^*)

Well, the only real evidence to Mike being Kage is the fact that he is seen "conversing with figures dressed in all black in an unfamiliar voice, as well as Ayame and Watari recognizing him. Of course, there are several OTHER theories as to who Mike may be, but that's my favorite...as it would be awesome.

Some of my favorite suikoden speculations...

-Rikimaru is in fact Richard Silverburg, Odessa and Mathiu's supposedly missing younger brother.
-Duke, of the 13th Border Division, is the son of Kruetz
-Queen is the exiled Jillia Blight
-Sheena is the ex-husband Apple mentioned
-Sierra is Nash's "missus"
-Jowy was originally a Wisemail, that he and Theresa were both fathered by Alec and that Rosa (Jowy's mother) was the mother Theresa lost.

These theories and more (some serious, others silly) can be found at Suikox.com

youjik33
01-16-2006, 08:20 PM
If Mike is Kage, he'd be fairly old, though. I mean, Kage was the leader of the ninja clan in the first Suikoden, which took place about 18 years before III -- he'd have to at LEAST be in his 40s in III, and Mike just plain doesn't look that old.

We're getting off subject, so in an effort to get back to cosplay: anyone have any advice on how to do McDohl's shoes? They're black with a curly toe, sort of Arabian-looking, I guess. I've looked online a bit and haven't seen anything like it to buy, so I think I'm probably going to have to make them... (or make a cover for an existing pair of shoes, anyway.)

Danzikumaru
01-16-2006, 09:21 PM
If Mike is Kage, he'd be fairly old, though. I mean, Kage was the leader of the ninja clan in the first Suikoden, which took place about 18 years before III -- he'd have to at LEAST be in his 40s in III, and Mike just plain doesn't look that old.

We're getting off subject, so in an effort to get back to cosplay: anyone have any advice on how to do McDohl's shoes? They're black with a curly toe, sort of Arabian-looking, I guess. I've looked online a bit and haven't seen anything like it to buy, so I think I'm probably going to have to make them... (or make a cover for an existing pair of shoes, anyway.)

Actually, Kage was not the leader of Rokakku...he wasn't even associated with them. Kage led his own troop of ninja during the High East Rebellion in aid of the former Highland. He was betrayed by Watari, and thought to disappear afterward, as well as the other members of his troop. Mike's age is listed as unknown, but that he claims to be in his 30s.

To answer your shoe question, plastic canvas shaped in the point you're going for and then covered with cloth should work if you can't find someone that sells them. This will require a lot of hot glue, though...

izitnick
01-16-2006, 11:04 PM
AWESOME! Suikoden cosplay! I would probably do up a Tir costume if I was going to do one from the series. Luca Blight's armor is pretty cool though.

Just a warning: you will see a Solid Snake go into TOTAL fanboy mode if I see any of you guys at A-Cen :)

youjik33
01-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey, I'm just feeling good that people will actually recognize me! I'm surprised at the number of Tirs (or potential Tirs). Now if only I could convince my friend to be Ted with me...

Madmage Luc
01-18-2006, 06:08 AM
Since Suikoden is my favorite series ever , I would very much like to see more Suikosplaying internationally. ^^

It'll be interesting to see when the Rapsodia and V characters start appearing, I hope it happens soon.

I planned to do the Prince of Falena at one stage but scrapped him because I thought that I looked a bit to old to cosplay him. :D heehee

My first Suikosplay will be Luc from III (Thanks to Asha you rock!!! ^^).

Other Characters I'd love to do are Tir Mcdohl (Suikoden I&II),
Flik (Suikoden I&II), Luca Blight (Suikoden II *but that'll never happen ....... damn armour*), Geddoe (Suikoden III), Troy (Suikoden 4), Sigurd (Suikoden 4), Kyril (Rapsodia) and George Prime (Suikoden 5 *Royal Guard uniform*).

But since I decided to only cosplay 2 characters a year (not just Suikoden) I doubt I'd do anything else in 2006.

youjik33
01-18-2006, 12:58 PM
I'd love to see Viktor and Flik cosplays, heh. I could POSSIBLY pull off Flik but I really think you have to be a large man to be Viktor ^_^*

Danzikumaru
01-18-2006, 01:07 PM

Erg....looking at the characters in Suikoden V and I think King must really like making cosplayers angry....DETAIL VOMIT EVERYWHERE!!!!

But hot damn do I want to do Georg's costume...

Asha-Morgan
01-18-2006, 11:03 PM
My first Suikosplay will be Luc from III (Thanks to Asha you rock!!! ^^).

Other Characters I'd love to do are Tir Mcdohl (Suikoden I&II),
Flik (Suikoden I&II), Luca Blight (Suikoden II *but that'll never happen ....... damn armour*), Geddoe (Suikoden III), Troy (Suikoden 4), Sigurd (Suikoden 4), Kyril (Rapsodia) and George Prime (Suikoden 5 *Royal Guard uniform*).

No worries! Luc's coat is nice *pets it* uh...yeah...*silence in the room*

Tir: Coolies, Gremino here! Which will be strange cause I soo much shorter than you! ><;;
Flik: Damn you! II Flik is mine!! lol
Geddoe: hmmm, excellent! The Flame Champion here! and Wyatt will be there with us!

anyways...*goes back to petting Luc's coat-more silence and a cricket chirps*

youjik33
01-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Today I bought my red fabric and got it all pinned and cut out. Too tired to start any actual sewing, but if I'm especially lucky I'll get it done by the end of the week. Woo!

youjik33
01-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I may have to make my own pants. I really didn't want to have to, but yellow pants are apparently harder to come by than I anticipated. ^_^* Oh well... I already have pattern, and pants don't seem THAT hard.

youjik33
01-25-2006, 12:46 PM
(Yes, I realize I just keep bumping the thread when I probably should just edit my old posts... if it's really bugging anyone, I'll stop.)

Does anyone have any pics of Snowe's "noble" outfit (the green coat) from IV? I have this vague desire to try to do that solely for ACen's formal dance thing. It'll probably be too complicated for me (not to mention pricey), but I'd like to at least get a good look at the costume. Supposedly it's floating around the ocean near Illuya but I haven't netted it yet ^_^*

Asha-Morgan
01-25-2006, 09:26 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/b359/Asha-Morgan/Cosplay%20reference%20images/?action=view&current=suik4048.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b359/Asha-Morgan/Cosplay%20reference%20images/?action=view&current=suik4_016.jpg

they are two screens I have of snowe's green coat.

youjik33
01-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks! I found it in-game too so I can see the character art pic. It isn't quite as complicated as I initially thought, but still definitely way beyond my skill level. (I'm having a hell of a time with Tir's stupid collar >.< The first one frustrated me so much I ended up just cutting it into tiny tiny bits to relieve my stress.)

...and how on earth is his sword attached??

cyankirby
01-26-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm working on Fubar for sometime this year... And I even dragged my friend into cosplaying Hugo. :) However, I haven't even finished Suikoden 3. *hits self* Good to know things about the character you're cosplaying and stuff... I only know a few of the characters so far... :(

Danzikumaru
01-26-2006, 04:34 AM
Thanks! I found it in-game too so I can see the character art pic. It isn't quite as complicated as I initially thought, but still definitely way beyond my skill level. (I'm having a hell of a time with Tir's stupid collar >.< The first one frustrated me so much I ended up just cutting it into tiny tiny bits to relieve my stress.)

...and how on earth is his sword attached??

the magic of clipping pixels. Odds are, if you make it, you'll have to make your own scabbard belt. I really wanted to get some pictures of Snowe's pirate outfit, but I could never freaking get it in the game, even after countless hours of fishing...

youjik33
01-26-2006, 06:10 PM
What I did is, fill your boat parties with characters with high luck. Add some lucky rings if you have them/can afford them. Warp to Iluya, get on your ship, throw the net out, hit "depart", and just sit there. Go do something else. (Work on sewing something! That's what I did, heh.) After about 10 minutes, go check your net. It should be full. If you didn't get the outfit yet, just repeat the process.

(The noble outfit is near the Nest of Pirates, and the pirate outfit near Iluya. The knight outfit is near Razril, I think, but I haven't gotten it yet because it's less interesting than the other two.)

Anyway, I THINK I have Tir's collar fixed. I had to fake it because that piece of the pattern was missing >.< (I borrowed the pattern from a friend, and wouldn't you know the one piece I needed most is the one that's completely gone?)

folkeye
01-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I have Sarah, and Sasarai from Suikoden 3 that were made for me. A friend had Luc done for her. I didn't see any except one Yuber at Anime-Expo last year. Getting in on a photoshoot would have been fun. I have some pictures in my gallery of the costumes :D

Andrea
01-28-2006, 12:45 PM
I've already made Gremio and Viktor for myself, and (portions of - some of it was store-bought) Tir and Flik for a friend to wear alongside those two. ;) We didn't have wigs back then, though... so I'm thinking I'm going to redo Gremio, at the very least. Also want to do Leknaat sometime. (WTF, me cosplay a female character? Leknaat's just that cool.) Possibly Geddoe too, though I'd be a rather short Geddoe.

(And yes, I was a very short, scrawny Viktor. But I *adore* Viktor, and he's one of my favorite characters to RP - and my RP characters get cosplay privs no matter how much I don't look like them. :D)

youjik33
01-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Heh. I'd cosplay as Lino from IV if I wouldn't look completely ridiculous. XD Because Lino just rocks.

youjik33
02-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Today I was at Target and stumbled across some really good shoes for my Tir costume. They have littl black bows on them that I can easily remove... I'm gonna attempt to cover them with fabric and fashion the pointy toes, but if that fails the shoes are already close enough that they'll do the way they are.

ArchFaith
02-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Yay, I love finding ready made items that look like props ^_^

Speaking of which, I posted a pic of my 90% done Sierra outfit in my gallery. I hope it looks good!

Madmage Luc
02-06-2006, 03:25 AM
Can't wait to see your Tir youjik33 sounds like it's coming along nicely. I plan to cosplay him as well (there are so many Tir cosplays, oh well I guess I'll be the first Austrailan to do it ^^).

Your Sierra rocks ArchFaith ^^ she was definitely one of my favorites from 2.

My Luc is nearly complete I just need the mask, wig, and boots. You have no idea how hard it is to find boots like his locally or find stores who'd import them from the U.S. It becoming a major pain. ><

Anyway I've been posting pics of Luc and Sarah (Albert's coming soon) for my first Suikoden cosplay gallery. I hope you'll like them ^_^

ArchFaith
02-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Yay, whoo-hoo for Australian Suikoden cosplayers!!

Jingster
02-13-2006, 03:52 AM
EEEeeee, i am so happy that there are more suikoden cosplayers there!
I have only done two suiko cos so far. The first one was Nanami and the second one was Sana (from card stories). For AX, i hope to get another version of sana done because a friend of mine agreed on cosplaying flame champion. I will be making Aila and hopefully Jacques for Anime Evolution.

I was wondering, who else is going to AX this year?

ChiByakko
02-14-2006, 10:38 PM
I've made a number of Suikoden Costumes. I've done a Hero #1, Hero#2, Highland Jowy (badly done though), Millie and Bonaparte, Viki #4, Schtoltenheim Reinbach III, Pirate Snowe... and I think that's all I've got finished.
I have a nearly done Leelin, that's just waiting for a serger to sew the bodysuit and gloves together... *sigh* I need a better machine. And I'm currently working on A suikoden V costume. There will undoubtedly be more added to the list. I love cosplaying as Suikoden characters!

Asha-Morgan
02-15-2006, 02:55 AM
Thats a cool selection of suikoden costumes.

Madmage Luc has coned me into cosplaying Hero V so I shall be doing him next year at the Australian Suiko-Kon. ^^

Madmage Luc
02-15-2006, 04:13 AM
ChiByakko: AWESOME !!! Millie was cool and the Bonaparte plushie was crazy!!! ^^ Your Viki 's great, so was Tir and Schtoltenheim Reinbach III was really cool (good to see a different character being cosplayed than your usual main heros and villians).^^

Asha-Morgan: Excellent Gizel has a victim XD lol

BTW I've created a space for him in my gallery.
Since I'm not in a rush to finish him , I'll have him made bit by bit each month.

Asha-Morgan
02-15-2006, 05:21 AM
*mutters something*

Not unless....

anywho, I have started making The Flame Champion's staff, So Madmage Luc, you had better start making Geddoe!!!

Lady Neese
02-20-2006, 05:51 PM
At the moment I only have one suikoden cosplay it's Lo Fong from Suikoden IV.

I'm working on getting Kika from IV/Tactics and Seneca from Tactics.

Ones I'd love to have would be Adya, Jilla, and Leona (although I've had doubts if anyone would recognize who I was suppose to be) from Suikoden II.

Asha-Morgan
02-21-2006, 04:44 AM
OMG after much...uh...stuff (an ulcer mainly >_>) SASARAI IS COMPLETE!! woohoo!
"I'm thirsty Dios!" *drinks tea*
heh my cockatiel George has been renamed Dominguez Jr heh

but yes, I'll be wearing Sasarai to AICon this Sunday, so i'll post some pictures of him after I get back home (omg going on a plane to a con o.0)

Now to start on Hero V...*sweat drop*
MadMage Luc, you had better come to mini animania as gizel!

--
Oh Kika is cool!:bigtu: goodluck

youjik33
02-22-2006, 04:55 PM
My Tir cosplay is coming along veeery slowly XD I suck at sewing so much, and so much of it is totally off-the-cuff because I don't really know what I'm doing. Hopefully it won't be too obvious once it's finished, heh. The top is actually mostly done -- I've done all the hardest parts anyway. Now it's a lot of tedious sewing of trim and such. I have to make the pants still, and I have the fabric for the headband but need thread.

Asha-Morgan
03-02-2006, 05:20 AM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=622562

My Sasarai Costume. One of the top three in the "most accurate" section in the AICon Cosplay Comp.

Kairi_Heartless
03-05-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm going to do a Suikoden cosplay at bookfair Leipzig in about two weeks together with a friend. We just didn't decide which costumes to wear ^^

1. Me as TirMcDohl and my friend as Kasumi - both SuikoII version
OR
2. Me as Hero IV (I was told his official name is Cyan... anyone who know his official name for sure????) and my friend as Snowe - both in their child version from Suikoden Tactics / Rhapsodia ^o^ They're soooo cute as children *___*

I want to do the second - not even because I have to sew the costumes for both of us and I don't meet my friend the next two weeks >_< It's only because I have so much to do for my other costumes and the children outfits are just easier to sew ^^;;;
I asked my friend which costumes we should do, but I didn't get an answer yet -_-

What do you think we should do?

This is the best pic I could find of Cyan and Snowe from SuikoTactics - Cyan with the brown shorts and Snowe with the green shorts ^^
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/Kairi_Heartless/ChibiCyanChibiSnowe.jpg

Jingster
03-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Actually, Hero4's real name is like Lazlo or something similar to that XD;;...I have not played suiko 4 yet but he was really cute in Rhapsodia! (and actually had a voice, i think). However, i will pick Tir and Kasumi since they are adorble together!

Kairi_Heartless
03-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks...
Hm... weird... I've asked for his name in a Suikoden IV community and someone posted the answer he / she got from Konami...
-> http://community.livejournal.com/suikodeniv/5733.html

Jingster
03-06-2006, 02:00 PM
On suikosource.com , his name is known as Lazlo. They got the name from the novel :)
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5240&highlight=hero++name

Kairi_Heartless
03-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Ah, I see... Thank you ^^ I didn't know that there is a novel to Suiko IV *___*
But isn't it weird that Konami said his name is Cyan and in the novel his name is Lazlo??? O_o
Maybe it's like that: The name he was given when he was born is Cyan, but when he was adopted by the vingerhuts he got the name Lazlo... Could be possible, or not?

Jingster
03-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I am not sure actually, i haven't played suiko 4 before so i am not sure of the hero's background. However, it has always been a tradition to go with what the novel says since it is produced by konami =) so more or less it is the official name unless konami says so. If they did change his name, i would wonder why he wants to change his name from Cyan to Lazlo when he got adopoted. Lazlo isn't a very, uh, suikoden name. If they did change, the novel will mention it too.
The name Riou/Tir came from the novels too.
PS: there was a outburst of laughter on the fourms when people found out his name too XD;;

ArchFaith
03-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Haha...Lazlo. So we have Tir, Riou, and Lazlo. The Flame Champion doesn't have a name, but I guess he doesn't particularly need one since FC is his official title...

Does the hero from Suikoden V have a name yet? You know, the prince of Falena?

Kairi_Heartless
03-06-2006, 04:30 PM
I've send you a PM - maybe we shouldn't discuss this here, don't you think so ? ^^;;

@ArchFaith:
As far as I know he has no name yet...

Jingster
03-06-2006, 05:06 PM
FC doesn't need a name because he was in the manga instead of novel. (and plus the fact that he is dead so there isn't really a need.........)
Official names are published along with the novel :) so Prince doesn't have a name yet.

Anyways! to make this cosplay once more...
I'll be going to AX this year and cosplaying Sana's wedding outfit with my friend as Flamey. For a commission, i'll be making Aila for a friend for Anime Evolution 2006. In the near future, a friend of mine is hoping to cosplay miakis and lyon (purple outfit) while i plan to cos lyon (guard) and prince (red outfit).

Lady Ava
03-06-2006, 05:13 PM
I got into Suikoden last year and decided that I really wanted to cosplay from it because the series gets no love. T_T

Ambrosia gave me her Elza costume, which is in the process of being fixed up and a new cloak is being made. I'm also planning on Albert and Luc for two friends of mine and the Casear for me. (he gets no love at all T_T)

Kairi_Heartless
03-06-2006, 05:35 PM
We've decided to make the easier costumes - Lazlo (XD) and Snowe as children... If I've got time left I'll try Tir and Ted from the first game... Otherwise we're going to cosplay Lazlo and Snowe in their Suiko IV outfits as well this year and we still have to do our Suiko III cosplay (together with another friend) as Luc, Sara and Albert... I just hope we'll be able to sew all those costumes this year (better said - I hope I'll be able to... *sigh*)
And since I know my friend very well I'm pretty sure we finde some characters in Suiko V we want to cosplay as well *drop*

ArchFaith
03-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Yay, more Suiko-love ^_^

So far I've only done Sierra from Suikoden II, and I'm not sure if I want to do any more. But if I do, I would want to make either Grasslands Chris or Aila from Suikoden III. Or maybe even Sarah, who knows?

Madmage Luc
03-07-2006, 04:38 AM
I got Suikoden Tactics last week and I've been playing it like crazy. ^^

There is a few characters I would love to cosplay from it ..... mainly Iskas .. why I cannot say ........

Kairi Heartless: I have more pics of Child Lazlo and Snowe, if you need some more pics I'll send you the link.

Kairi_Heartless
03-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Kairi Heartless: I have more pics of Child Lazlo and Snowe, if you need some more pics I'll send you the link.

Oh, that would be great *___*
Thank you ^^

Madmage Luc
03-08-2006, 02:47 AM
Oh, that would be great *___*
Thank you ^^

^^ No probs I sent you the link by PM

Kairi_Heartless
03-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Ok, they look like some instant cosplay costumes, but here they are:
Lazlo and Snowe as children from Suikoden Tactics / Rhapsodia

http://forums.cosplay.com/private.php?s=&pp=&folderid=0

javits
03-26-2006, 10:52 AM
I've cosplayed Tir McDohl and a mostly-finished Flame Champion in the past. I'm veeeery tempted to cosplay *someone* from 5 this year (not sure who I'll be until I finish the game, though), and I'm planning on Caesar Silverberg for next year (a friend of mine is going to be Albert, too, as long as I make the coat for him).

youjik33
03-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Man, V has some really awesome (and complicated) costumes. Though the Prince's first outfit (the orange one) wouldn't be too hard -- not nearly as hard as the black... thing... he wears later on, heh.

I would love to see someone do Lyon too. She's one of my favorite characters so far, which I never would have expected going in. The cute little girl sidekick is genuinely awesome? Who would've guessed?

By the way, is there any official word on when this game takes place? It must be sometime before the first Suikoden, I imagine, since for one Georg looks WAY younger than he does in II and they also vaguely mention Morgan once.

Danzikumaru
03-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Man, V has some really awesome (and complicated) costumes. Though the Prince's first outfit (the orange one) wouldn't be too hard -- not nearly as hard as the black... thing... he wears later on, heh.

I would love to see someone do Lyon too. She's one of my favorite characters so far, which I never would have expected going in. The cute little girl sidekick is genuinely awesome? Who would've guessed?

By the way, is there any official word on when this game takes place? It must be sometime before the first Suikoden, I imagine, since for one Georg looks WAY younger than he does in II and they also vaguely mention Morgan once.

It has to be before Suikoden I, heck, it's before the Succesion War. Georg is going to have a rather severe impact on the plot of V, and those who know Georg's character know exactly what I'm talking about.

As far as the costumes are concerned.......ow.....detail vomit...It's like Suiko III all over again but WORSE...which isn't to say it doesn't look awesome, but making actuall costumes from them will be challenging to say the least.

ChiByakko
03-26-2006, 09:14 PM
I wore my Suikoden V Saiariis (spelling? I'm playing the JPN version...) for Anime Detour, though I didn't like the shoes I made or the stocking, so I had to wear an incomplete costume. (I'll be fixing it and completing it in the next week.) I'll post pictures once it's truly finished, provided the weather is warm enough that I can take pics in natural outdoor light without freezing in that little tiny dress. :P

It was an interesting outfit to wear at a con. It wasn't uncomfortable, but I have to say, it was much more risqe than I usually wear. Still, It's so pretty! I love the suikoden V costumes. Detail is fun, even if it is time consuming. I embroidered about 10 yards of trim for that dress, aside from the hand painting of the fabric and the bodice beading. I wanted to scrap the costume when I was sewing it, but this week, I'll be gazing at that dress/kimono/thing and glowing all the time. Whee!

youjik33
03-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Saiariis? I'm assuming that's Sialeeds... the prince's aunt? Her outfit is crazy to the point of complete impractability, heh, but I like it.

javits
03-28-2006, 12:24 PM
I've heard it's 6 years before the first game.

ChiByakko
04-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Saiariis? I'm assuming that's Sialeeds... the prince's aunt? Her outfit is crazy to the point of complete impractability, heh, but I like it.

Yeah, now that I've seen the US release, I did mean Sialeeds. (I really hate that spelling, not that I know how I would spell it anyway, but I was guessing Saiareese or Saiarise or something.) But I loved her outfit for lord knows what reason. I usually don't go for the scantily clad chick costumes. But hers was so nifty! Then, I love her character too. So, that's the costume I chose. But it sure was/is a pain in the butt to make.

I'm working on another Suikoden costume (for someone else: an exchange costume) which while overdone, will be awesome fun when I finish it. If anyone's made a Sarah costume, and wants to offer advice on how the overshirt thing works, I'd love to hear it. I haven't worked out how exactly it ties in back...
I have about a week to pull it all together, so I'm saving the top layer for last. I can do it! Really I can. :P

youjik33
04-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I really don't think there's such thing as an "overdone" Suikoden costume. There are some that are done more than others, but I've never seen more than a handful of Suikoden cosplayers at any given con...

ChiByakko
04-08-2006, 12:02 AM
I really don't think there's such thing as an "overdone" Suikoden costume. There are some that are done more than others, but I've never seen more than a handful of Suikoden cosplayers at any given con...

Very true. No Suikoden costume is overdone. But I tend to most enjoy cosplaying things almost never done before. So, if I've seen the costume a few times in person, I think of it as 'overdone' for me. (Though it may not be that common at all.) I always hope my costumes will be super-unique, so I either have to find obscure/rare characters, or I have to make the costume different some other way.
It's part of the cosplay insanity bug. And the plentiful characters of suikoden have supported it oh so well. ^_^

Nyoko
04-12-2006, 09:02 AM
I have lots of suikoden costumes I wanna do, but I wanna do the Prince's orange/red/black spandexy outfit from 5 most now that I started to play the game, I think Im going to start on that after otakon this year! Sorry im rather exsited that Im finally doing a suikoden costume, been wanting to do one for ever now, lol :D

youjik33
04-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Oh man, Euram Barows replaced Noble Snowe as my dream Suikoden cosplay. I doubt I'll ever be able to do either ^_^* Noble Snowe would definitely be easier though. (Euram is my favorite character. I obviously have questionable taste ^_^*)

Jingster
04-12-2006, 11:58 PM
OMG *lol*! youjik33 you are my hero for cosplaying him. it is just too awesome XDDD
I wish someone will just cosplay Gizel. He is so amazingly sexilicious.

Chibyakko i can't wait to see your sialeeds. She is my favourite character in the game :)!!!

ah---- nex month, my friend and i will be cosplaying Lyon and Prince's civilian outfit. I hope i do well! :)

youjik33
04-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Ah... I'm not actually GOING to cosplay Euram... I just really want to. He's way beyond my skill level. (I could barely manage Tir, heh.)

ChiByakko
04-18-2006, 11:19 PM
youjik33, you should cosplay Euram! I adore him too! (If you have questionable taste, at least you aren't alone, huh? ^_^) I so very much want to see someone cosplay him. It's a difficult costume, but not hair-pullingly bad. It would be easy to find a pattern to go off of. You never know what you can do 'til you try! ^_~

As I play this, the list of costumes I want to make just keeps growing.
I'd love to do the Prince's crazy detailed black and red outfit. I'd also like to make Josephine. Add on to that list the casual Sialeeds, Zerase, Lucretia, and Hasuwar... and perhaps Remifa, since I do so like pink. Right now Josephine and Lucretia are winning in the ranking, but that could change.
Whoever did the character designs for this game, has divine status in my mind. I don't think I've seen so many costumes I liked in ages.

youjik33
04-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Gah, the Tir pants ended up being too small... now I'm not sure I'll have him done for ACen >.<

Uthardar
04-22-2006, 10:27 PM
I think, I should put fLick on my cosplay list :)

Houdinimachine
05-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Hmm... Let's say I got this crazy idea to do Georg Prime from Suikoden V... but in his Falenan Knight outfit instead of his incognito one.

Now, as someone who has barely gone past the level of sewing buttons on, is this outfit as crazy impossible as it looks? I mean, I'm totally psyching myself out here just thinking about it. I am literally afraid to think of the logistics of making all those beautiful folds of clothing mesh into one outfit. Is this beyond my level as a beginner? Should I just go as Zweig next year and hope at least the Suikoden people know who I am? Heh.

Just mainly wanting to know if I'm getting all worked up over something that's easier than it looks.

Madmage Luc
05-26-2006, 06:40 AM
I just finished my second Suikoden cosplay (I didn't really do anything but buy a vest and a plastic gun which I cut in half :P).

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=689483

Honestly he doesn't look that impressive but the fact that he is Nash's nemesis in the Suikogaiden games that made me want to do him. ^^

He does have a really cool Black Gunblade that makes him stand out a bit more ....... I haven't decided yet if I want to make it.

Asha-Morgan
05-26-2006, 07:07 AM
Zaj!!! Grr I'm going to have to kill you when I finish Nash!!!

How dare you kill my parents!!!! And You had better not hurt Julie, etcetera etcetera...

Coolies. I'll have to get cracking on Nash then! ^^

--
ZOMFG!! I'm making the BEST character out of Suikoden V...tis a secret though. ^_~

Houdinimachine
05-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Zaj!!! Grr I'm going to have to kill you when I finish Nash!!!

How dare you kill my parents!!!! And You had better not hurt Julie, etcetera etcetera...

Coolies. I'll have to get cracking on Nash then! ^^

--
ZOMFG!! I'm making the BEST character out of Suikoden V...tis a secret though. ^_~

Zweig isn't a secret. :P

ArchFaith
05-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Whooo, Zaj....

This weekend at Anime Boston I met up with a couple of Suikoden cosplayers (three to be exact, hehe...) We were a small group, but we made for a nice little group. It seemed that there were other Suikoden cosplayers around, but they didn't really know about the shoot...

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=691135

Wahhh I want a Nash to accompany me!

Celine
05-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Ok, when are people planning on having Suikoden V costumes done? I totally fell in love with this game recently (surprising considering how much I despised IV) and the designs are fantastic. I've seen like 1 or maybe 2 cosplayers so far. This makes me sad since FF12 had cosplayers the week it was announced, and Suikoden V has been out for a while now. I hope this just means everybody is working on stuff to debut at the big summer cons!! I want to make costumes for almost every character I've encountered in-game, which means I'm working on none at all. It's too hard to make decisions about which one to do. xD I am working on a Milich costume for either AX or Animefest, but that's old Suikoden. sigh.

Houdinimachine
05-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Well, I'm still deciding between Georg and Zweig, but no one seems able to answer my question about Georg's Falenan Knight garments...

Asha-Morgan
05-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Well I'm working on a couple atm such as
the Prince (Both his orange outfit and his "hugo" like outfit--However I do want to make his other outfits(especially the end costume<-wont say cause I may spoil it for someone)...all of them even the ones that did not end up in the game since they are so nice!)

Georg (In his incognito outfit...This is a commission for a friend)

and my secret cosplay from Suikoden V for myself and my friend. But I'll give you a hint on who mine is, if you guess please don't tell anyone okay?

Hint: He is frilly ^^

But anywho I would like to make Killey! He is cool!

Houdinimachine// Georg in his Queens Knight outfit looks hard! However it can be done. *looks at picture*
hmm, his pants have the similar sort of design of Sora (KH2) but not as poofy.
for the golden bit at the front, you may get away with using the dark material as the base to applique the gold criss-crossy things and satin stitching them in perhaps a darker color so that one can see the lines that cross over the other pieces.
The waistband looks relativly simple.
The white under garment I would make as a kimono. just change it in a few places.
The coat looks interesting, but I think their could be wasy on making it easier to make.
umm, I'll study the picture a bit more and draft up some practice patterns to see how to make it. I'll get back to you! (geh sorry, I suck at explaining things) That is if you want my help.
I'll say this, Zweig looks a lot more easier than Georg. And if you do end up as Zweig next year, you may run into Killey or Lorelai (or both) ^^ <-Well depending what con you go to!

Houdinimachine
06-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions, Asha. At least now I know how to think about approaching it later on when I have more experience in cosplaying. I think I'll stick with Zweig for now. I like him more anyway. He's such a smart ass.

CapsuleCorp
06-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Damn...I borrowed IV from a friend and have wasted four days playing it. I think I'm hooked. Some lovely and not terribly complicated costumes, none of which I can recall seeing at cons at all. Has anyone here keeping an eye on this thread done Hero yet? I was trying not to become enamored of his outfit but staring at him for almost 30 hours has made that next to impossible.

Asha-Morgan
06-04-2006, 11:23 PM
oh oh oh i'm in the middle of making Lazlo! (Hero IV) yAy! lawl I'm also making Troy...I'll post pictures when I'm done (which will be soonish)
and ooo Brandeau would be awesome to cosplay!

lawl so many characters, so little time to cosplay them all! :P

EDIT//
BTW Houdinimachine, I should have those pattern sketches/ idea's by the end of the week.
(Lawl I'll finish them at College XD Like I did with Red XIII XD)

CapsuleCorp
06-05-2006, 09:10 PM
ooo gotta see that. :) Yeah, besides Hero, I was eagerly eyeballing Troy, Sigurd, and a couple more of the pretty boys (god there are so many). But I think a guy would make a better Troy than me, so when you do it, I wanna see pics. :D

Issu
06-14-2006, 02:02 AM
I was debating before on a V cosplay, but I think I'll be taking on Lucretia a little on the later. (doesn't think that'll be during summer cons since she's got enough to worry about ><) And I'll say Lucretia sou I'm not tempted to rethink and switch to another charater a little later... :untrust:

Kurimono
06-15-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm really hoping to do the prince from V if I can. Main issue is which one of his outfits will I do. I like to do the one he wears on the game cover, but that would be a hard one that I'm sure is beyond my skills. I may consider getting a commission if I can find one. Presuming I'm able to go thru with it, I like to have it for either Kumori 06(in Portland Oregon) and/or for Sakura 07.

Nyoko
06-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Asha-Morgan: Ok Im kinda wanna know about these other outfits. If you have pictures send me a link in PM please!
I only know of three and those are the ingame ones. But oh consept art that never made it intregging!! :crest:

Celine: there a lots of people working on V costumes and the several that Im working on will be done for a con in Aug. so I'll be done soon.
If I can ever move past the prince that is... I've been slacking, I did do the Rebel outfit and got that done but I've been slacking much on the orange one. I Should be done if I gan get myself to get the last details on it done...
Im working on as well Jeane, Kyle, Roy, Viki, Lyon wig, and one other that my friend has yet to deside. ~.~ And for the Fall I start Ernest :bigcry: I think that will be all for V costumes... for now. If I ever get tempted, who knows.

CapsuleCorp: ah cool! I have some stuff that I wanna do for IV (besides the fact that it was not one of my fav. Suikoden games but I like some characters) But eather way its not going to be any time soon thats for sure.
Anyway welcome to the fandom! :bigtu: it will consume your life :cheers:

Lady
06-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Celine - we have a pretty respectable Suikoden V group forming for Otakon this year. Please come join us! We'd love to have you!

Houdini - the Queen's Knights have some gorgeous but craaaazy intricate costumes! It probably depends on how long you're willing to spend working on it if you can do it or not.

How is it that I completely missed this entire thread until just now? Gah!

CapsuleCorp
06-16-2006, 10:16 PM
AAAAHHH! Nyoko! Oh no! :D I don't need another fandom to consume my life, YGO has already done that nicely.

But yes. I'm a sucker. I borrowed the game from my friend and am now playing through it a second time, and I think I talked myself into Hero IV. Probably because I could tell just by looking at it exactly how to do it with relative ease. We'll start there - all the other pretty boys can wait.

Though...if anyone has screencaptures or art pics of Snowe's pirate outfit, I have a fellow cosplayer I want to show it to, to maybe convince her to join me. ;)

Nyoko
06-18-2006, 09:41 PM
C.C: cool I'll look around, see what I can find.
Ya I know what you mean Suikoden was my love long before I got into YGO, and now they all consume my soul! (and wow)
If you like 4 You will die when you play the other ones, 4 is childs play compared to the other games.

Im actully kinda wondering whats everyones order of the games from fav to lest fav. I had a conversation about it with my friend and now Im just kinda wondering what others think.
Mine goes II, V,I, III, IV.
I own tactics I just never played it... lol

thefinal
06-20-2006, 03:02 PM
^^;; Hopefully for my convention in Sept. I can cosplay as Syaries/Sialeeds & I'm also making my friend his Prince cosplay ><;; I just hope we picked out all the right colors...-sigh-

RaDragon76
06-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I was thinking of cosplaying Sarah from Suikoden 3 although Khene is trying to get me to cosplay Queen instead since she wants to cosplay Jaques (Sp?) I like the art from all the games actually but some of the costumes are probably a little to difficult for me to make at this point.

CapsuleCorp
06-20-2006, 09:32 PM
WAHAHAHAHA you guys have been sucked in too. We're all goners.

It's not the sewing that worries me, about Suikoden costumes in general. I'm quite confident in my abilities, even with detailed coats and designs like some of the characters khene and I have been showing each other (Jaques is COOL...I love that coat!). For once, my early background in medieval costume pieces is going to come in handy. It's the armor and weapons that will test my patience and skill. I'm pondering Sigurd, but he has that huge shoulder-armor thing held on with leather straps, and everyone with weapons has intricate sword scabbards and baldrics and stuff. The costumes would honestly look their best and most authentic if the armor and accessories were actually made of leather and other authentic materials rather than foam or fabric or substitutes. Which, for some warrior characters, is quite the daunting thought.

thefinal
06-20-2006, 10:37 PM
It's the armor and weapons that will test my patience and skill. I'm pondering Sigurd, but he has that huge shoulder-armor thing held on with leather straps, and everyone with weapons has intricate sword scabbards and baldrics and stuff. The costumes would honestly look their best and most authentic if the armor and accessories were actually made of leather and other authentic materials rather than foam or fabric or substitutes. Which, for some warrior characters, is quite the daunting thought.

OOO, good luck with Sigurd armor! I'd love to see the progress if you decide to take pictures!!! :)

Asha-Morgan
06-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Houdinimachine//
Sorry, I haven't got these sketches up yet *no scanner atm* I'll get them soon though. Sorry again.

CapsuleCorp//
Heh I'll get some pictures up A.S.A.P then. (Except I have no wig for Troy yet!)

Kurimono//
The Prince's outfit can be found on ebay (just look up suikoden cosplay)

Nyoko//
Lawl, your doing as many Suikoden Costumes as I am at the moment (I'm making: Nash(x2), Tir, Augustine, Hero IV, Prince of Felena(x4), Gizel, Helmut and my secret cosplay from V). I can't wait to see how all your costumes turn out! ^^ [I'll get those pictures to you soon]

Anyway welcome to the fandom! it will consume your life Oh does it ever! I could make Suikoden costumes for the rest of my life XD

Im actully kinda wondering whats everyones order of the games from fav to lest fav. I had a conversation about it with my friend and now Im just kinda wondering what others think. hmm, I would say mine is: V, II, III, I, IV, Tactics (wont put Card Stories or Gaiden in there since I do not know what is really going on *cant read/speak japanese*)

thefinal//
oo Sialeeds! that will be wonderful! I can't wait to see it complete! (YaY I managed to get my friend to cosplay Sialeeds when I cosplay Gizel! woohoo)

RaDragon76//
Sarah and Queen are both cool! Whichever you pick, I'm sure it would be great!

The costumes would honestly look their best and most authentic if the armor and accessories were actually made of leather and other authentic materials rather than foam or fabric or substitutes.True. That they would. Perhaps for the armor, if one cannot shape leather perhaps make the armor out of something else, then cover it with leather etcetera.

But I hope Sigurd goes well for you!

khenemetset
06-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah I've fallen prey to the game as well. Curses on the swag I got at OMG!con with the pretty mini artbook and soundtrack from V. Such pretty costumes but I don't make costumes for something I've not played....yet. So I went back and started with III since I can't get anything before that around here and yeah all the pretty costumes make me happy. Not to mention pretty boys. :D

And mmmmmm Jaques is just awesome. I love the coat and the colors. And the big crossbow helps too, lol, though I don't see myself making that prop (it also makes me wonder where he keeps it hidden) Other choices are Luc and maybe Hugo from III. Though Hugo would be an involved project.

RaDragon76
06-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah. Curses on the beautiful artbook we won there. Now they've created a monster. I suppose they'd better watch out next year, huh. I think I'll cosplay Sarah though since it might be easier and she has a cool staff. I love cosplaying magic user types.

CapsuleCorp
06-21-2006, 08:23 PM
...I'll want to see that artbook, you know. :)

Thanks everyone, for the encouragement. Dammit, you're making me do Sigurd AND Hero. Oh well. I needed something to do. :D I'll post progress pics when i do get around to Sigurd, yes. I usually do go overboard showing off progress on weird things, as my gallery will attest. But Hero first. I want the Twin Fang, baby. Red blades and all.

Asha-Morgan: pfft, wig. *waves hand* who cares, I want to see the costume! :) I'm sure you'll get a nice one eventually, before wearing it out and about.

Houdinimachine
06-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Don't hurry, Asha. I appreciate the effort, but it'll be a loooong time before I feel confident enough to sew something like that. ;)

As far as Suikoden games, I'd say I, V, II, III, Tactics, IV.

I have a soft spot for Gremio. I'm going to cosplay him one of these days.

RaDragon76
06-22-2006, 03:05 PM
...I'll want to see that artbook, you know. :)

Of course you can see it whenever we get together next. It has some nice pictures in it. Or maybe Khene can scan it and send them to you. :) I'm sure she would be glad to do that. Well, now I have to add one more costume to my list for next year. That will make a total of 6 possible new costumes for next year and maybe two upgrades if I get to them.

Peachy Momo
06-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Anyone cosplaying as Aila or anyone from the Karaya Village? I would love to see more cosplays of that!! <333333

khenemetset
06-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Yup CapsuleCorp, I'll let you see the artbook either when we get together next or if you want me to scan it for you so you can see it sooner. Whichever works for you.

Peachy Momo: I love the costumes from Karaya Village. I happen to have a thing for Hugo's outfit. There's just something cool about their clothing. :D

Jujubeans
06-27-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm going to be making the Royal Entourage of Suikoden V for FanimeCon 2007:

Arshtat Falenas
Ferid Egan
Georg Prime
Galleon

Splendiferous! I think a friend is accompanying us as Sialeeds if she can.

Jingster
06-28-2006, 12:11 AM
jujubeans--- omegoah, you guys will be AWESOME. I love the royal family!!

Jujubeans
06-28-2006, 01:42 AM
^_^ When I was playing GS5, I fell in love with the Queens Knights uniforms. I was planning to go as like... Miakis (I despise Alenia for obvious reasons), so yeah.

Anyone notice that Ferid and Galleon have fuzzy ankles? x3

Koumori
06-28-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm making Hazuki (V) for myself. Possibly Luserina too, because I have this thing about pretty pretty princesses.

Jujubeans
06-28-2006, 09:23 PM
:3 Wai Luserina! Her smile is so cute. ^_^

I was skimming through the other pages of this thread... and according to the Suikoden Academy (http://www.theirstar.com/), the Princes' first name is Faroosh in GS5... or some similarity to that. Some on the SS forums have also confirmed this.

Peachy Momo
06-30-2006, 10:57 PM
khenemetset: Yeah! I love the colors and the designs they wear! =) Hugo's outfit is very cool and he's such a cutie! <3

Hyura
07-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I'll be cosplaying the prince from Suikoden V this year. He has such a gentle face and being compared to the other heroes (though it's not difficult to understand -why- the heroes always look so serious).

Haha, it's the first costume I'm making by hand, so it may not turn out so well--but I like the way it's coming along so far. I'm doing the orange outfit he wears at the begining of the game because I like that one more (and not to mention, it seemed a hell of a lot easier to make from scratch). I also bought a wig.
The biggest problem I'm having with the outfit itself is finding reference for it. I've looked all over the internet and asked around a bit but so far I've only found two small, and quite blurry pieces of artwork with the prince in that outfit--one of which is just a concept sketch.
I also have no idea how I'm going to make the design on the cover of his tunic-thing or find or make shoes like his. And I have absolutely no idea how I would go about making the armor around his belly and even less so, his weapon. I'll probably have leave out such details because I'm absolutely clueless (new to making costumes).

If this cosplay turns out alright, I can think of several other Suikoden characters I'd love to cosplay as well. x3

Nyoko
07-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Hyura: Youcan paint it on or embroder or cut it out in fabric and sew it on.
I took the painting rute on mine.
They sell shoes in his style, you would just have to cover it in fabric and also for the middle peace, its almost like a leather corset type thing in my opinion, so I did it by getting fossshape and cutting it in the shape covering it in leather and ironing it to the shape, Idea?
I do have some good pictures but there on my thumbdrive that I have to find, I'll send them to you.

Asha-Morgan: Ya Im trying to get all thouse done for people for otakon. The Prince is the only one Im makeing for myself, lol
Oh and thanks I would really love to see those pictures! ^^

Juju: eww no way!! thats worse then Lazlo for the hero of IV.... Im hoping for so form of missinformation...

Hyura
07-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Hmm... I kind of like the sound of cutting the fabric in the design and then adding it to the costume. I could probably do that more easily than anything else. The fabric I'm using is satin polyester so I really have no idea how it would even take paint (and I probably won't risk it). I'm not quite sure what you're saying about the corset, but maybe if I do some research I could figure it out. It's not an -extremely- important thing to me though. I want to be as accurate as possible, but I also have a budget I have to worry about, and from what I've heard the materials for making any kind of armor can get expensive.

Thanks for the advice, Nyoko. x3 I really like the sound of that cosplay list. Ernst + Jack = <33

Nyoko
07-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Hmm... I kind of like the sound of cutting the fabric in the design and then adding it to the costume. I could probably do that more easily than anything else. The fabric I'm using is satin polyester so I really have no idea how it would even take paint (and I probably won't risk it). I'm not quite sure what you're saying about the corset, but maybe if I do some research I could figure it out. It's not an -extremely- important thing to me though. I want to be as accurate as possible, but I also have a budget I have to worry about, and from what I've heard the materials for making any kind of armor can get expensive.

Thanks for the advice, Nyoko. x3 I really like the sound of that cosplay list. Ernst + Jack = <33

Lol thanks

As for the corset thing I actully have a picture in my gallery of the start of my prince costume.
I guess kinda think of it like an underbust corset almost... I don't really know how to explain it well.....
But the foshape is like that backing that you would put in somthing to stiffen it only it gets hard when heat is applyed, you can get it on the cosworx store for not that much.

Hyura
07-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Oh wow! Your costume is coming along wonderfully. It looks a lot like his outfit. Hm, and Cosworx seems to be out of stock at the moment but I'll check again in the future. I haven't heard much about WF or the other stuff, but it does sound like something I should look into.

By the way, I was under the impression that none of the heroes have official names because the game creators/writers never gave them any, and in Japan they are often called names that mean "nameless hero". I believe they call Tir/Hero 1 "Bocchan".
Just because some website says Hero IV's name should be Lazlo (very unromantic... but considering the family he was adopted into, not surprising if it turns out to be true), does that mean you have to accept that? And I'm assuming the source of the "official" hero naming comes from an american website...? If that is the case, then I personally wouldn't say it's official. I just named "Hero IV" Tomomi because it was my preference to do so, and whenever I see him or talk about him that's the name I use (either that or "Hero IV").

As far as the prince goes, I think anybody could come up with a more suitable name than "Faroosh" or what have you.

CapsuleCorp
07-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I know, I don't plan to ever refer to myself as Lazlo when I finish Hero IV - just "Hero" is fine (I even named him Hiro in my current game :D ). SIGH. What a dumb name. Whatever.

methinks this weekend when I'm in Minneapolis I'm going to go leather shopping crazy, since I have to go there to buy suede for a customer. If they have any brown leather at all I'm going for it, for Sigurd's sake. Even though I won't be starting him for a good while.

Nyoko
07-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Oh wow! Your costume is coming along wonderfully. It looks a lot like his outfit. Hm, and Cosworx seems to be out of stock at the moment but I'll check again in the future. I haven't heard much about WF or the other stuff, but it does sound like something I should look into.

By the way, I was under the impression that none of the heroes have official names because the game creators/writers never gave them any, and in Japan they are often called names that mean "nameless hero". I believe they call Tir/Hero 1 "Bocchan".
Just because some website says Hero IV's name should be Lazlo (very unromantic... but considering the family he was adopted into, not surprising if it turns out to be true), does that mean you have to accept that? And I'm assuming the source of the "official" hero naming comes from an american website...? If that is the case, then I personally wouldn't say it's official. I just named "Hero IV" Tomomi because it was my preference to do so, and whenever I see him or talk about him that's the name I use (either that or "Hero IV").

As far as the prince goes, I think anybody could come up with a more suitable name than "Faroosh" or what have you.

thanks for the comment on my costume, but ya I really like that fosshape stuff, I have yet to play with the WF but I will ~.^

Ya and I don't believe that there really "official", But I could be wrong. I heard that the princeV name was actully just a demo name (that was mostlikely misstranslated) though I asumed that they always used Hero or Konami for there names in game demos at shows :confused:

thefinal
07-03-2006, 10:39 PM
hyura

hope this helps!

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot135yc.jpg

I have back views too if you need them :)

Jujubeans
07-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Juju: eww no way!! thats worse then Lazlo for the hero of IV.... Im hoping for so form of missinformation...

Well unfortunately it might be. xD It's such a funny name to say aloud....

FAROUSH!

Even better in GS5 when your hero is a musician... o_o power to the harpists! lol

Hyura
07-04-2006, 02:22 PM
thefinal: What!? He only has a slit/opening on one sleeve? I would have added that to both sleeves. >__< Thanks for posting that before I made a mistake!

Nyoko
07-04-2006, 04:03 PM
hyura

heres a back pic. its good for seeing how the back "corset" thingy is put togeather.

unfortunatly the one I had that showed his shoes and everything is on my thumbdrive that my dad took with him to NC... ><
I'll have to ask him about getting that back... lol it had a REALLY good picture on it....

thefinal
07-04-2006, 07:15 PM
hyura - if you need more pics, let me know, I have a ton actually. lol. my friend is doing the other attire, so originally I didn't know and got a lot of ref. images for the orange attire

Nilot
07-04-2006, 10:42 PM
A great cosplay would be Lucretia (SP) from V, shes gotta be my favorite of them all.. that and Shigure :X

Issu
07-05-2006, 02:47 AM
A great cosplay would be Lucretia (SP) from V, shes gotta be my favorite of them all.. that and Shigure :X
(made a post a couple pages back about trying out Lucretia)
xDD Already on that~ *agrees* She really is awesome.
I'm not going to get around to working on her hard-core yet since I've got a short while before Otakon and other costumes to finish, but I've been already looking at cloth...
...And fiddling with her fan~ :D
I've got a million feathers and nothing to do with them. D: Sou, I'm only greatful they're finally going use instead of floating around my room.

Nyoko
07-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Oh I love feathers floting around rooms!! I had some doing that a wille back! untill my dog ate them ~.~

Anyway I agree Lucretia is so cool, I was almost tempted to make it at one point
But yay! Issu your doing it!! ^^ thats cool. I wanna see that fan man!

khenemetset
07-06-2006, 02:10 PM
khenemetset: Yeah! I love the colors and the designs they wear! =) Hugo's outfit is very cool and he's such a cutie! <3

I know! I love the colors as well and there's just something about their outfits as a whole. Maybe it's the design of them. Yeah, I can see myself making one of them just to have one. I'm weird. :D

Someone mentioned Lucretia. I think she has a neat costume. I've not played that game yet but I plan too...I'd love to do that costume...and I'd love to see anyone else do it too since someone mentioned it. The fan. I love the fan.

Question: Does anyone have a back view of Jacques outfit? All I have is a full front body shot and I need to know what the back looks like as well. Also, can anyone give me any ideas on how to make his cross bow that he carries (though it only ever appears on his back when they're all fighting)

RaDragon76
07-07-2006, 10:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any back views or three quarter shots of Queen? The only reference I have for her is a full frontal view. Thankfully my Sara reference is a three quarter shot that shows enough of the front and back to see how the costume looks.

Evil Kimba
07-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Ergh, Luc's coat is frustrating me...

His coat, for reference. (http://c-uncut.com/media/s3-luc.jpg)

I can't find any suitable patterns or anything for it, really. :/ I was wondering if anyone had done his Suikoden III costume and could give me some advice. Thanks.

Gothic_Catboy
07-09-2006, 04:23 AM
After looking through the costumes through the games... I have a few I'd like to do... though time and complexity sure hinders things. Going as Kyle would be fun, simply to ask like an ass and hit on girls all the time and then be dragged away and berated by other Queen's Knights afterwards. Snowe would also be a good one, albeit easy for some of his outfits. Kirakis from the first one would be easy, plus the ability to go elf it up.

And did the Nay-Kobolds from IV kinda scare anyone else?

Jujubeans
07-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah.... Giant walking cats are always scary. If anyone wathces Monty Python, you share my pain.

Catboy, just pick a costume that's comfortable. I'm sure everyone will like it.

Gothic_Catboy
07-09-2006, 05:02 PM
You've seen the Queen's Knight uniforms, haven't you? I'd have to take a look at clothing and wigs before I'd make a decision... The new outfits are on the same level of complexity as Soul Caliburs.

Jujubeans
07-09-2006, 06:13 PM
http://novaslash.free.fr/galeries/picture.php?cat=34&image_id=3959

Senor Kyle.

For the rest of people who want free Suikoden artworks from ALL the games, click here:

http://novaslash.free.fr/galeries/category.php

Gothic_Catboy
07-10-2006, 01:13 PM
So much for the simplier times of costuming... like when people had to actually make them for TV and such... Star Trek didn't even try.

CapsuleCorp
07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
You know, it really says something when a catboy is freaked out by Nekobolds. :D

Man, all the talk about the complexity of V makes me happy I'm sticking with IV for now. It's not that the costumes aren't complex, but I'd like to not have to deal with detail vomit for a while. :)

Jujubeans
07-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Man, I just finished playing through GS5 for the second time... only to find out I didn't get the better ending. x_x CRAPPOLA! But that's good! I get more reference pictures for Arshtat and company.

For a tip, I record the movie (ala VHS) scenes to save for later when I draw up patterns. Am I the only one who does this? x3

Gothic_Catboy
07-11-2006, 04:20 AM
IV really didn't have anything going on for the main characters... They were just knights from a place that didn't really give much to the Island Nations... honestly, the most complex outfit in that game... Would either be Viki's dress, Kika's outfit... Lilin's bodysuit or Snowe's armour.

And now for V, you're royalty... meaning... they've got money to throw around on clothing.

I dunno, I think it'd be impossible to make Jeane's outfit look decent without any type of random slippage occurring... that is without taping yourself into the outfit.

Anyways... I'm looking through pics at the moment.

After looking through some... Killey looks badass... and if I had boobs, I'd go as Urda. Hot elf there.

Yeu
07-11-2006, 04:32 AM
I really don't think Suikoden V cosplays are that hard... then again, I'm saying this right after almost dying from a Trinity Blood cosplay.

Gothic_Catboy
07-11-2006, 04:41 AM
You have to have a high-pain tolerance to do any detailing that has lots of things on it if you're the casual cosplay or the one who cosplays in secrecy.

Houdinimachine
07-11-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm having a hard enough time just coming up with Zweig's outfit. I can't imagine trying to do all the symbols on the royal family. Hell, if I do any nobility, I'd probably do Gizel just because his regular outfit looks easy enough to replicate.

Jujubeans
07-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Gizel? :D Yay for Gizel cosplay! His later uniform is quite the awesome as well.

Nyoko
07-11-2006, 09:19 PM
actully Jeane's outfit from V is not to hard to keep on if you know a few tricks. lol found that out having to make it for a friend for otakon and all we worked it out well. we are still going to inlist the help of dubble backed tape just in case. lol dubbled backed tape and skaters tights.

I think one of the few of Vs costumes that would be hard is Sialeeds... the detail kills me just looking at it...

Jujubeans
07-12-2006, 12:11 AM
Sialeeds outfit makes my head hurt.

And.. omfg you're making Ernst? Probably human Ernst, right? Good luck on that one. Just take a Kyo Sohma outfit and paint spots on him LOL.

Jingster
07-12-2006, 01:01 AM
T---T!!! good luck to everyone who are making suikoden costume! I had my fair share of suikoden cosplay for AX-- I will be at rest for awhile (well, for myself anyways... *looks at her euram commission*).

However, i am planning to cosplay Sialeeds for Sakura Con 2007 so i was wondering if anyone has a nice screenshot for her back? I tried taking a photo of my TV but haha--- that didn't come out too well ^^; (now that my PS2 left me, i am not able to go back ;_;...)

jujubeans-- thank you for the link!!!

Jujubeans
07-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Oh you're welcome. ^_^ I snatched it from a GS forum. I hope it helps. You might do good to find videos on youtube. Their unexpected shots of her are pretty good if you can find them.

Issu
07-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Here's an idea of what it looks like right now sou far, Nyoko. I built the fan and started working around it:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=760393

Since I'm making it front and back I've managed to put on just about every feather that was floating around my room already and I'm only half way through! Dx Luckily? though since the top feathers are long anyway I'm just looking to buy some nice long feathers to finish the feathering off. oo-

Its fun to touch x3 Sou soft~

Aleze
07-12-2006, 07:49 PM
hyura

heres a back pic. its good for seeing how the back "corset" thingy is put togeather.

His corset and sheaths for the first outfit are the same as in his final outfit so you can just look at the artwork. The only difference is the size, but the corset seems to change size all the time anyway. I actually used images of the corset in the first outfit for reference when putting together my cosplay of his final outfit.

Nyoko
07-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Aleze:
Ya, I noticed that as well, lol its odd. lol

Izzu:
*.* OMG it looks so fuzzy! ^^

Jujubeans
lol, ya its some time away befor I start Ernst, and ya its human Ernst. its going to be an fall/winter project for sure, I wanna work with Real leather and all kinds of fun stuff for it. costly. :)

Jujubeans
07-12-2006, 09:52 PM
^_^ Ah well good luck. Is it yours or a commission? I'm real curious about this now even though you may not have a plan started for skin. How would you do his skin?

Nyoko
07-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Its for me. lol

Im going to do a bodysute type deal and airbrush it.

Jujubeans
07-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Nifty. ^_^ I'll have to keep a look out for your gallery.

Nyoko
07-16-2006, 11:16 PM
ya I think I should be starting it around oct. because I'm going for getting it done for AUSA. It would be really cool if I could get a Norma to go. finding someone who is shorter then me, will be hard, lol ^^

RaDragon76
07-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Nyoko- I'll have to find you at AUSA and get a pic of it. Sounds really cool.

My plans for Sara and Queen are progressing well but I'm not planning on starting them until December since they'll both be for next year. I'm only in the very early planning stages.

+Gogo+
07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm planning on starting a cosplay group for Suikoden II, trying to gather all 108 stars for a con sometime in late 2007. Anyone up for it?

Hix and Tengaar are already taken. XD

Kairi_Heartless
07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm planning on starting a cosplay group for Suikoden II, trying to gather all 108 stars for a con sometime in late 2007. Anyone up for it?

Hix and Tengaar are already taken. XD

Wow, sounds great... I wish I could join you *sigh* Maybe I should start such a group here as well ^.~
And I really hope you'll find all 108 stars *___* *want to see pics then*

Jujubeans
07-18-2006, 05:46 PM
:] I was planning to do like... Leona if I had a nice body if I were to do one of the stars.

HotaruGFC
07-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Sweet!! I LOVE suikoden and I'm working on my first suikoden cosplay. Which is Lorelai's outfit from V. I needed something quick and easy and that I could wear to school without too much hassle. I have a very very long list of suikoden characters I would love to cosplay, mostly from V right now, but that because I just finished playing it.

Love to the Suikocosplayers!!!

javits
07-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Does anyone have a screenshot of the back of Roy's outfit? I've looked all over for one, and I won't have access to the game again for a couple months... >_<

Lady Neese
07-19-2006, 01:36 PM
I've always wanted to do an Adya costume from 2 but have never gotten around to it. Which con were you planning on doing this at.

+Gogo+
07-19-2006, 08:33 PM
I've always wanted to do an Adya costume from 2 but have never gotten around to it. Which con were you planning on doing this at.

I haven't really decided yet, I figure it'd be something big, like expo or otakon, something most people could go to or at least save up for (which would be the case if it were to be at expo).

Houdinimachine
07-19-2006, 08:42 PM
No offense, man, but getting all 108 would be so ridiculously hard. Especially, since II has some stars that are gigantic animals.

CapsuleCorp
07-19-2006, 09:50 PM
And isn't II ridiculously hard to find? As in, fewer of us who've been around the cosplay block have a chance of even finding it to play much less take characters from?

(s'why I'm sticking with IV...it may not be everybody else's favorite but I love it, and it's probably slightly familiar to most gamers)

It would be nice, as I see it, to at least get a 4-person party from any one game together. Particularly characters you'd likely party up, e.g. Hero and Snowe and Kika and...dunno, maybe Hervey or something. Or Ted. Or Jeane. :D

Nyoko
07-20-2006, 12:44 AM
ya but its nice when a group from II is spoted a rare treat for those who have been fans when the games came out and own copys (though I wish now that I had another copy for keepsake for how much there selling for!) But ya that is true that getting all the stars from one game would indead be an impossable feet.. but like C.C said partys are easyer to get, more-so amung the newer games in the bunch.

RaDragon76
07-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Parties are easier to get. Khene and I are planning on doing Jaques and Queen from Three who are part of the same party in the game as well as Luc and Sara from another party.

CapsuleCorp
07-20-2006, 10:24 PM
And I may get Hero, Snowe, and Kika, or eventually Kika and Sigurd. Makes for one happy little fangirl.

Aleze
07-21-2006, 06:20 PM
It is impossible to get 108. But if you shoot for 108, maybe you'll get 10 or 15 and that would be really great. If you decide to hold the big suikoden II gathering at the Anime Expo, then I'll make a costume and go. I'll also probably be able to coerce, I mean, recruit two others.

I also encourage everyone else to support this idea as much as they can. This really could be big if everyone simply did what they could.

thefinal
07-21-2006, 10:34 PM
I hate to be of bother, but I'm still trying to work on my Sialeeds/Syaries cosplay...does anyone have some up close images of her side, for the artwork, the sleeves she wears and the legging? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! :)

Gothic_Catboy
07-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Human Ernst looks easy to do... and everybody loves a catboy.

Jujubeans
07-23-2006, 02:53 AM
xP Hou get to wear leather, always a plus for catboys.

Lady Neese
07-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Despite my better judgement to start on a new costume I've decided to make a Lyon costume. The only thing thats going to be a pain is the armor, I've never made armor before. I was thinking of taking the fun foam stuff and spray painting it. I don't know if anyone has tried this yet or how it'll work. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I don't know if they have any real good Sialeeds costume pics but most of the refference pictures I have for Lyon I got at:
http://www.everyeye.it/ps2/galleria.asp?indice=0&n_galleria=0&keyword=suikoden5

http://novaslash.free.fr/pages/img_galerie/wall_suiko5/wall3_suiko5.jpg ~this is the best upper shot of Sialeeds that I could find.

wonderpenny
07-23-2006, 06:28 PM
I have a few from Suikoden 4 I have thought about making before. ^_^ but I have not completed the game yet. ^_^

Nyoko
07-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Ernst is rather easy, and everyone does love a catboy, both resons Im doing it. I really needed a costume I was not blowing over $100 on ^^;;

that foam tends to not hold paint well, spraypaint that is, not sure about other paints.
um you could try some of that wonderflex or something that cosworks sells...

CapsuleCorp
07-23-2006, 09:13 PM
wonderpenny - ooo which ones? No worries, I haven't finished the game either - I'm deliberately dragging it out because I don't want the fun to end. I'm just levelling up my characters and having fun with all the sidetracking things like the comment box, the confessional, the mini games, and sparring to get Hero and Snowe levelled up to omgI'mgonnakickyourass levels. :D

LadyNeese - got any direct links to a pic of Lyon? I can try to critique her armor and give some ideas.

thefinal
07-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Lady Neese - Thank you so much :) Guess I'll still have to see if I can hunt down those sleeves and the legging ><;; I've tried to get sketches while playing the game...but I'm always more interested in playing than trying to get details :)

Also, here's some links on "armor making" that have been helpful to me ^^;;

http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html

http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html

Hope this helps some. If you need pics of Lyon, let me know, and I'll see what I can find ^__~

ArchFaith
07-24-2006, 03:50 AM
Wow...Sialeeds? Lyon?

Good luck guys! I just started playing Suikoden V, so I can participate in any Suiko V oriented discussions...

My dream costume would definitely be Arshtat ^.^

thefinal
07-24-2006, 09:11 AM
ArchFaith - Look up Arshtat in the search engine for costumes! You could probably get some tips from her (username: Lady), she's done an amazing job so far! ^^;;

Jujubeans
07-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Lady's done some good work. ^_^ I'm also doing Arshtat as well, but I'm also trying to recruit my friends to go as her loyal entourage.

ArchFaith
07-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Heehee, yes, I've seen Lady's Arshtat progress...she's organizing the Suikoden photoshoot for Otakon.

I don't think I'm at that level yet, though...I just graduated from hand-sewing to machine sewing!

thefinal
07-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Jujubeans - OO, do post pictures once you've completed your costume, I really can't wait to see some Suikoden V cosplayers ^^;;

ArchFaith - I feel ya there, however, I think I need to learn how to hand sew again ><;; I haven't hand sewn since I was young and I just recently started to use a machine again

thefinal
07-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Another silly request, anyone have a detailed pic of Sialeeds' weapon...I have quite a few images, but any additional images would be greatly appreciated :D

RaDragon76
07-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Despite my better judgement to start on a new costume I've decided to make a Lyon costume. The only thing thats going to be a pain is the armor, I've never made armor before. I was thinking of taking the fun foam stuff and spray painting it. I don't know if anyone has tried this yet or how it'll work. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I don't know if they have any real good Sialeeds costume pics but most of the refference pictures I have for Lyon I got at:
http://www.everyeye.it/ps2/galleria.asp?indice=0&n_galleria=0&keyword=suikoden5

http://novaslash.free.fr/pages/img_galerie/wall_suiko5/wall3_suiko5.jpg ~this is the best upper shot of Sialeeds that I could find.

If you go the fun foam way I would recommend acrylic paints to paint it as foam absorbs spray paint and can rub off very easily onto other parts of your costume or your skin. I've done both and acrylic paint turns out looking better and more realistic. A friend of mine made braclets using foamies and metalic acrylic paint and they look like they are made of metal.

Imari-chan
07-25-2006, 04:05 PM
I can't wait to cosplay from Suikoden V. I have several coming soon, like crossplaying Belcoot, Roy, Gizel and some others in consideration. :3 As well as cosplaying... Hazuki, Sagiri, Cathri. Ah, not sure when I'll get done since I am working on a few previous series too right now. But Gizel and Hazuki is in progress currently. :3 I am posting progress once I get more than 75% done. I can't wait to see you all's Suikoden cosplay~ :D

Mithrigil
07-25-2006, 11:30 PM
My Gremio costume is done and will be debuted at Otakon. The future shall see Sialeeds, Isabel, Bernadette, or Alenia. I wouldn't have to wig myself for Bernadette, which would be a refreshing change--my hair does that naturally if I go without washing it for a day.

Cjiadon
07-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I would LOVE to crossplay the Prince or Roy from my but thier costumes are very open in the back and my breasts are a C cup. Unless I think of the ultimate boob binding method (ideas are welcome), I think I'm going to go for one of the Prince's other outfits, or Lyon's incognito outfit.

Speaking of which, anyone know where I can get good shots of her costume?

Jujubeans
07-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Which costume? There might be a few screenshots here of her outfits.:

RaDragon76
07-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Personally, I can't wait to get started on my Sukoden 3 costumes either but they are still only in the early planning stages at the moment. Plus I'll need to learn to make pants, which I'm dreading.

Cjiadon
07-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Which costume? There might be a few screenshots here of her outfits.:

I'm probably going to do the oufit she wears when the group is trying to blend in a bit. Thanks for linking me to that site. I like it a lot. ^_^

Jujubeans
07-26-2006, 10:16 PM
I found it on the SS forums. ^_^ It's quite the uber reference because it has ALL of the GS games. :] Have fun sewing!

Cjiadon
07-26-2006, 10:20 PM
SS Forums?

Jujubeans
07-26-2006, 10:25 PM
http://www.suikosource.com :: Suikosource

Lady Neese
07-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't have a good picture of Lyons armor unfortunatly. Thanks for the links thefinal! Thanks for the tip on painting the armor RaDragon76!

Ohhh another Lyon!!! ^.^ I love that outfit. This is the only picture I could find of it!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/RobinKayenta/w_suikoden5_1.jpg

I can't wait to see you make it!

Hazuki will be very cool!!!
Go for Alenia!!! Ok thats just cause I like her outfit the best. Bernedette would be awesome too. I hear you on not having to wear a wig.

HotaruGFC
07-26-2006, 11:30 PM
My SV Lorelai costume is coming along great, unfortunately, I don't think I'll have all of the accessories ready before the convention. I took pics in the clothing today, but accidentally deleated all of them before I transfered them to the computer...

Looking forward to working on Queen's Knight Georg for my husband (and maybe Gizel... ) and perhaps a Sialeeds, or Miakis for myself. I'm definitely going to be doing Lucretia next year!

ArchFaith
07-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Lady Neese: Oooh, I just love the old school feeling of that illustration, especially the Prince's "Tir" outfit.

thefinal
07-27-2006, 09:23 PM
I think now that I've played Suikoden V a bit more, I'm really liking Lun even though she's whiney and has a cocky personality...

Hopefully for my convention coming up in a month I can cosplay her since I got a bit behind on my Syaries/Sialeeds cosplay...

So is anyone going to debut any Suikoden cosplays soon?

CapsuleCorp
07-27-2006, 09:49 PM
I don't think I'm going to get mine done to debut anytime soon. I'm not even going to a con except EigaCon this fall, but I'm on staff, so debuting any cosplay there would be extremely anticlimactic. I may finish in time, depending on if I can get Snowe to cooperate with me. :)

Lady Neese
07-27-2006, 10:02 PM
NDK in October will be the first con for my Seneca costume and hopefully I'll have my Lyon costume done too.

HotaruGFC
07-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Mechacon in Lafayette, LA will see the first appearance of my Lorelai costume. And I'm going to try for a Logg and Lun costume for Anime South, if I can go to that convention. If not for the con, then I'll have them done for Mardi Gras.

thefinal
07-28-2006, 08:09 AM
HotaruGFC - Since you're doing Lorelai, I have a question, was the headband hard to make? I've tried to make a headband before so I could do a Sailor Moon cosplay...but man...they sure were difficult to make ~,~;; I still need to go work on that headband...

Mithrigil
07-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Gaah, all these people gearing up for Sialeeds is dissuading me from doing it....I hope she doesn't become the Suikoden equivalent of X-2 Rikku. ::sighs::

Nonetheless, I would love to get together a Godwin Posse in the future, maybe for Otakon 2007, since a lot of Suikoden fans go to that. Before I open an official thread, anyone up for it? I could do Alenia for that, or crossplay Zahak.

Nyoko
07-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Mithrigil: hum Its to early to say but if Im not dead set on doing anything I wouldn't mind, sounds fun!
If I did I'd maybe do Dolph I don't know or whoever... lol

And actully Otakon next weekend Im debut in Prince, thats soon lol

RaDragon76
07-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Unfortunantly, I won't be debuting Queen or Sara until sometime next year and I'm not really sure what con I'm planning to debute either of them at right now. There hasn't been any decision made about what cons Khene and I are going to next year yet. (We tried lots of cons we hadn't been to before this year and we're still trying to decide which ones we might want to attend again.) I already have a few costumes still to make for AnimeFEST, Archon and AUSA so I don't really have time/money for any more this year.

Imari-chan
07-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Mithrigil> If I do go to Otakon next year, My Gizel costume would be done already... I just have to see. Of course if you need a Gizel. XD

Hmm, I will be trying to get a group at some Cali cons also... Just have to see if anyone is interested on this side of USA. (x.x)

Cjiadon
07-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I'd be interested in doing Lyon at Anime Expo next year.

thefinal
07-28-2006, 07:17 PM
One more question, so I'm thinking I can get Lun done in time for my next convention...anyone have any suggestions on the headwrap? Also, what kind of fabric should I use? I keep thinking I can find some white wrap...like what people use when they have sprained ankles, wrists and what not...then dye them to the colors I need? I'm stuck on ideas...-sigh-

Lady Neese
07-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Gaah, all these people gearing up for Sialeeds is dissuading me from doing it....I hope she doesn't become the Suikoden equivalent of X-2 Rikku. ::sighs::

Nonetheless, I would love to get together a Godwin Posse in the future, maybe for Otakon 2007, since a lot of Suikoden fans go to that. Before I open an official thread, anyone up for it? I could do Alenia for that, or crossplay Zahak.

NOOOOOOO! Sialeeds is good. Besides I think Jilla Blight already holds that position. She does have a nice costume though.

youjik33
07-29-2006, 12:36 AM
If I were to cosplay as anyone from V it would most likely be Euram XD Though my lack of skill might prevent it, I think a lot of the detail on his cloak thing could be faked with fabric paint.

I don't really think I could afford it at the moment anyway though, since I'd want to use some nice fabric. Euram wouldn't be caught dead in cheap cotton = )

Mithrigil
07-29-2006, 10:13 AM
NOOOOOOO! Sialeeds is good. Besides I think Jilla Blight already holds that position. She does have a nice costume though.

I actually thought of Jilia as more the Suikoden X-Yuna--a way to show off elegant costuming skills without putting your tits and ass on display.

I just got my binding yesterday for the Gremio costume, and am pleasantly surprised with the masculinization of it all. My height makes me good to crossplay but I haven't been able to downsize the 34-Cs until now. But since this flattening shirt works so well, I'm less resolved in the Alenia-Sialeeds-or-Bernadette decision and more open to SPOILER Gizel or Zahak. Graah...but these binding shirks really work. "Underworks."

thefinal
07-29-2006, 05:44 PM
I got quite a few supplies to start on my Lun costume today...but I realized something when I left...I forgot to buy matching thread for the fabric ><;; silly me! At least I can start working on the carrying case on her back and spray paint some things :D

How is everyone else coming along with their cosplays?

CapsuleCorp
07-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Spent most of my day trying to piece together Hero IV's jacket. You know, with all the jean-jacket-style superfluous seams? Which brings me to a question, for those who have played IV whether you like it or not and know Hero's costume...

All of the *art* shows that along those seams on the front and back of his jacket, there is gold trim. But in the game itself, you only see the trim running around the collar and around the bottom of the jacket - the other lines on the front and back are just seams. I don't know which direction to go with it. I have enough fabric to put trim on all of the seams, but my anal need to be accurate can't decide whether the art is more accurate, or the game is. And believe me, I've been staring at Hero's cute little butt as he runs around for 40-some hours, I know those back seams are just seams. :) What does everyone else usually go with when working on Suikoden costumes - the art, or game screencaps? Which takes precedence?

thefinal
07-30-2006, 11:14 AM
CapsuleCorp - I think it's all about your own personal preference, but for me (personally), I prefer game screencaps. Even though some of the artwork and screenshots from the game are both "official", I just feel as if the game is more accurate on what you'd really see in real life from afar -shrugs- I think whatever you decide will be fine :)

javits
07-30-2006, 11:54 AM
CapsuleCorp> for what it's worth, the Hero4 figurine shows the lines (as a very pale gold). But whether you go with the artwork or in-game version is really up to you: either is technically correct. :D

CapsuleCorp
07-30-2006, 09:18 PM
*GASP* He's so cute! I want him!!

anyway. Heheh. Yeah, I know either way is correct, I suppose it really only comes down to whether or not I want the pain in my ass that will be trimming every one of those seams. But considering that most of the art and the figurine show the trim, I could always explain away the screencaps as being too small to show that level of detail. It's not true, but it's a nice excuse. :) At the moment I'm leaning towards not trimming them, because I'm lazy, but my attention to detail may win that battle when I'm actually seated in front of the sewing machine.

Thanks guys. Love the figurine, javits, now I have to be on the lookout for one!

RaDragon76
08-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Sara's in the very early planning stages at the moment and I did look around at possible fabric while I was out getting some other fabric for some other costumes I'm doing later this year but so far I've not gotten very far with it. I have some ideas that I'm working out in my head though.

CapsuleCorp- I'm sure either way would be fine. I'm going to be using art images of Sara from 3 because I want to be able to see the detail on her outfit and to see how it all fits together. I can see that better on an art image then a screencap.

folkeye
08-01-2006, 04:17 PM
You can see what kinds of materials that were used for our Suikoden costumes. I think some of my favorite material was what I chose for Luc's (from Suikoden 3) jacket. It was done in some very fine cordoroy (pardon the spelling). Sasarai was heavy polyester, and Sarah was done with some heavy cotton/canvas type feel materials (the shirt was kept light).

Check my gallery under Anime Expo or the Suikoden 3 Folder for some pictures of Luc, Sarah, and Sasarai.

CapsuleCorp
08-01-2006, 09:56 PM
It is really all in the fabrics. Hero's jacket and shorts are going to be black twill, but the undershirt I'll have to do in poly interlock knit to get it form-fitting enough. Spandex, no - too shiny. Interlock is matte. Now, when it comes to Snowe's pirate outfit...there is going to be leather involved. :) The friend who's been conned into wearing it is fine with me making it for her because I'm going all out on detail - the finest china twill for the vest with leather accents, real leather bracers and boot spats, and probably linen for the shirt. Just like a real pirate, arr!

Can't wait to do Sigurd so I can play with even more leather for his shoulder gard, his shirt cuffs, and his bracers.

Very cool photos, folkeye! Looks like you had a great photoshoot.

folkeye
08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Here's a link to some more pictures of the characters at the Suikoden Shoot at Anime Expo 06. Some great stuff in there. You can see detail on most of the costumes. http://www.ohsnap.limitbreak.ca/thumbnails.php?album=29

thefinal
08-02-2006, 09:14 PM
folkeye - wooooow...awesome pics!!! Do you know what kind of fabric Hero V used? Especially the gold trim ><;; wow...i'm jealous! Everyone did such an awesome job on their cosplays!!!

khenemetset
08-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey folkeye do you happen to have any front and back images of Luc. I only have front images of him and I guess since I already have his pants made thanks to another costume I might as well start really gathering more images for reference.

RaDragon76
08-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm glad my Sara image is a three quarter shot so I can see enough of front and back to work out how things look. As soon as I finish some of the other things I need for the last three cons I'm going to I'll probably be starting on that one first. Sadly my cosplay budget for this year is almost gone.

folkeye
08-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Hey folkeye do you happen to have any front and back images of Luc. I only have front images of him and I guess since I already have his pants made thanks to another costume I might as well start really gathering more images for reference.

I do have a picture of the back of our costumes (Luc & Sasarai)....

http://www.deviantart.com/view/15679984/

Screen Grab from the game (Upper half of Luc)
http://www.deviantart.com/view/14757056/

Back of Luc (Costume)
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=379990

Aleze
08-03-2006, 07:43 PM
folkeye - wooooow...awesome pics!!! Do you know what kind of fabric Hero V used? Especially the gold trim ><;; wow...i'm jealous! Everyone did such an awesome job on their cosplays!!!

For the gold trim I used shower curtain material and plastic clothesline spray painted with rustoleum.

thefinal
08-03-2006, 09:50 PM
aleze - wow...that's so incredibly amazing! Definately a cheaper method than pvc! My friend is wanting to do Prince/Hero V and I'm helping him with making it, but man, I'll tell you, that scarf has been a pain in my butt ><;;

Lady Neese
08-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Well I just got a photo taken and put up of my Seneca costume. http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=788274The only things I don't have for it yet are the arm gaurds and a crossbow. But I don't think I'm going to make a crossbow anyway.

Nyoko
08-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Im back from otakon, just trying to find good pictures of my prince cosplay, now to start ernst!!! ^^

ArchFaith
08-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Hey guys, I just got back from Otakon! Here's one picture from our fantastic photoshoot!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=793257

Definitely a step-up from Anime Boston, where we had a grand total of four Suikoden cosplayers ^_^

Mithrigil
08-08-2006, 08:37 AM
ArchFaith, you rock.

So...how 'bout that Godwin posse? Next year, Otakon? Nice way to round out the season?

...or, betterstill, why don't we try and get 108 Suikoden cosplyers--from any Suikoden, whether they are S o'Ds or not--even if we have to forcibly dress up our friends?

smzeldarules
08-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Hehe I've really only played Suikoden V, which is flipping amazing.

Woaaahhh 108 Suikoden cosplayers?! o_o

Nyoko
08-08-2006, 11:26 AM
ArchFaith, you rock.

So...how 'bout that Godwin posse? Next year, Otakon? Nice way to round out the season?

...or, betterstill, why don't we try and get 108 Suikoden cosplyers--from any Suikoden, whether they are S o'Ds or not--even if we have to forcibly dress up our friends?

oh I like the sound of that! lol I'd forcefully dress up my friends lol!
but the Godwin posse would be easier, lol.

Mithrigil
08-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Who says we can't do both? ::grins:: Methinks I shall start a next-year-in-Baltimore thread...or two...

In fact, getting a Godwin posse will just take a huge chunk out of the 108.

Gizel (Me)
Dolph
Childerich
Sialeeds
Alenia
Zahak
Galleon
Marscal
Miakis
Lymsleia
Dilber
Luger
Jeane (counts for her brief stint?)

That's thirteen right there. ::snerk:: And if we get Guisu and Sparda...

EDIT: Thread started. Let the Recruiting begin! (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=89579)

CapsuleCorp
08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
HAHAHAHA well, I'm not going to say anything, because it's a long time till next summer and I have a sad feeling I'm going to be picking up V and playing it at some point in the intervening months. Be that fall, winter, or spring. And I will be addicted and I will cosplay and it will hurt. :)

Must go look at photos now. I'm sloooowwly becoming more familiar with Suikoden costumes (outside of 4) and how much potential there is for some amazing cosplay, with or without a group or party.

Nyoko
08-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Who says we can't do both? ::grins:: Methinks I shall start a next-year-in-Baltimore thread...or two...

In fact, getting a Godwin posse will just take a huge chunk out of the 108.

Gizel (Me)
Dolph
Childerich
Sialeeds
Alenia
Zahak
Galleon
Marscal
Miakis
Lymsleia
Dilber
Luger
Jeane (counts for her brief stint?)

That's thirteen right there. ::snerk:: And if we get Guisu and Sparda...

EDIT: Thread started. Let the Recruiting begin! (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=89579)

true. true... lol and I have a friend talking of doing Sialeeds, but I'll have to talk to her about it.
and well say Jeane counts if Miakis and Galleon count, lol though Jeane was rolling with the Godwin possie for a shorter time then them, lol

lol C.C is part of that my falt in anyway? lol

Mithrigil
08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
::giggles:: "Rollin' with the Godwin posse".

Ooh, now THAT's a crack costume idea. Pimp Gizel, Thug Childerich, Dolph...in very short shorts... ::snickers::

And an even worse one. Godwin/Barrows ala West Side Story. ::snap snap::

Nyoko
08-09-2006, 11:42 AM
oh man that... oh man...

Mithrigil
08-09-2006, 12:28 PM
...I smell a Masqerade skit. ::starts writing::

Nyoko
08-09-2006, 05:16 PM
...I smell a Masqerade skit. ::starts writing:...:
:mfg:
...Oh man... :cheers:
things for next year just got really crazy... lol and for some reson, I feel as though its my fault... lol

CapsuleCorp
08-09-2006, 09:04 PM
HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! That's hilarious!

...yes, Nyoko, I think some of it is definitely your fault. :) Hey, maybe by the time I've played the game, they'll have the full character art up on suikosource like all the other games. Then I can collect more pretty boys and decide which one to cosplay...

no no no no no. Hero IV first. Really. Hero. I'm doing it. I have the fabric. I swear!

Nyoko
08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! That's hilarious!

...yes, Nyoko, I think some of it is definitely your fault. :) Hey, maybe by the time I've played the game, they'll have the full character art up on suikosource like all the other games. Then I can collect more pretty boys and decide which one to cosplay...

no no no no no. Hero IV first. Really. Hero. I'm doing it. I have the fabric. I swear!

lol they might, im kinda wondering whats taking them so long...
and you so have to finish heroIV soon Im getting antsy to see it and you have not started it yet!

CapsuleCorp
08-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Well, I have the jacket drafted. Does that count? Not cut out of the black fabric or sewn together, but it's drafted. That was the main step I needed to get out of the way so I could start. NOW I just have to find myself some free time!

Lady Phoenix
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
oh I certainly will cosplay someone from the suikoden series, and perhaps soon. I'm considering it for my 2008 convention actually ^_^ I'm trying to narrow it down from a few choices:

Yumi (suikoden III)
Sarah (suikoden III)
Tengaar (suikoden II)

I had been searching around online and was really suprised to see that there aren't that many suikoden cosplays really. It was a disappointment.

RaDragon76
08-18-2006, 01:30 PM
I think there will be more Suikoden cosplay in the next year. All of the people in the group I'm with are planning to do Suikoden cosplay at conventions next year. (I'm planning on cosplaying Sarah from three myself.)

Issu
08-21-2006, 01:27 AM
*snickers at the Skit plots*
Oh, the drama~ What I wouldn't give to see a pimp Gizel... xD
I don't think she counts as Godwin posse since she's an ex-Godwin, but I'll definately have Lucretia done by next Otakon at the very least :)

@Phoenix: Aa, I really love Tengaar~ Though if you choose Yumi and get a bow like Yuiri's, do tell me how you go about getting one. I've been having a little trouble finding one myself.

Gothic_Catboy
08-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Suikoden 3 does have some quality outfits, though the Kayaran clans outfits look like they vomit detail.

Either that or they wear heavy armour... damn.

folkeye
08-23-2006, 04:25 PM
With so many Suikoden's there such a variety of character costumes to choose from but the games lack in popularity so they get overlooked unfortunately.

Mithrigil
08-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Indeed. So many exquisite designs, many of which are realistically wearable. If only people would stop turning to Tetsuya Nomura for all their girlish fantasies I mean cosplay needs....

Jujubeans
08-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm glad the games aren't that popular for cosplay. It gives us a chance to group up into our own personal space before the game gets incredibly big. It would however be harder for others to catch up to the series because we are approaching our sixth game soon and that's another 108 stars on top of 108 and 108 and so on.

folkeye
08-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Indeed. So many exquisite designs, many of which are realistically wearable. If only people would stop turning to Tetsuya Nomura for all their girlish fantasies I mean cosplay needs....

Hey I love Mr. Nomura (well some of the costume designs at least) :toothy: BUUUUUUUT my first Cosplay was Sasarai from Suikoden 3, followed by Sarah before doing a FF character. I have yet to retire the Suikoden characters either.

Mithrigil
08-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Hey I love Mr. Nomura (well some of the costume designs at least) :toothy: BUUUUUUUT my first Cosplay was Sasarai from Suikoden 3, followed by Sarah before doing a FF character. I have yet to retire the Suikoden characters either.

Ha, sorry, never meant to insult the people who like him, just the man himself. Pointless asymmetry and his obsession with belts...I prefer oddball designs that are functional or cultural is all.

CapsuleCorp
08-23-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm really surprised people haven't turned to Suikoden for better costume designs. I haven't even played 3 but Nyoko helped me build a pic-harem of the pretty boys and wow - I'm so enamored of all their costumes! They're gorgeous and just complex enough to make an experienced costumer like me interested, and much more functional, wearable, and comfortable than half the FF costumes you see (plate armor notwithstanding).

To say nothing of 5. Once I finally force myself to stop pining after Snowe and just finish 4, already, I'll go pick up 5 and fall in love with those designs, too. The art I've seen is drool-worthy.