PDA

View Full Version : Anime Idol Official rules and Sign Up info

Morrissey
02-12-2003, 08:30 AM
I'm here to present the rules of Anime Idol. They are subject to change.

Anime Idol will be held Thursday July 3rd. (Tentative)
It will not be going against any other major event.

E-MAIL YOUR NAME, AGE AND WHAT CATEGORY YOU WANT TO PARTICPATE IN TO ranma72@yahoo.com. DO NOT SEND THEM NOW, THEY WILL BE IGNORED.

RULES

1. Must be 18. No exceptions.
2. You can sign up for only 1 category. (gives everyone a chance)
3. Voice acting contestants will have 1 minute to act out a scene from any anime in ENGLISH. (After all this is for dub voice acting job.) Finalists will have up to 5 minutes to act out any scene they wish.
4. Singing contestants will have 1 minute to sing ANY song (Anime or other) they want, preferably in English (as for the reason stated above). Finalists will be able to sing a complete song for the judges.
5. Cosplay is allowed but it will not factor into the judging.
6. The first 30 contestants to sign up for each category (60 total)
are in. There will be a back up list. DO NOT send in your applications until after APRIL 1st. Any applications sent before hand will be ignored.
7. No foul language is allowed.
8. Winners are NOT guarenteed a voice acting or singing job but only a tryout with the major anime company(TBA).

Notes

1. Like the show it's based on, you MAY be made fun of. That is part of the show. You will only be judged on your vocal talents and the comments will not include anything else but be based on your acting/singing. If you singing or voice acting is really horrible then watch out.
2. Finalists will recieve various prizes such as dvd's, t-shirts etc. Winners will recieve the tryout AND a pass to AX2004.

Frequently Asked Questions?

1. CAN I BE "SIMON"?
No. We already have the judges selected. Two of them will be in the anime industry while one will be a fan. Now stop asking.

2. CAN I PARTICIPATE IN BOTH ANIME IDOL AND THE KARAOKE CONTEST?
Yes. They will be at different times and you can enter both.

3. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY TRYOUT?
The winner(s) will be given a tryout with a major anime company (TBA) to be a voice actor or singer. It is up to them whether to hire you or not. Consider it your foot in the door.

4. CAN I SING A BRITANEY SPEARS SONG?
Sure. Any song that showcases your vocal talents is acceptable.

5. WHAT ANIME COMPANY IS SPONSERING THIS?
Ha! Sorry, can't tell you who but I can tell you they are a MAJOR anime company. We'll let you know soon enough.

6. HOW COME THERE IS NO INFO ON THE OFFICIAL WEBPAGE?
It will be updated, give it time.

7. I'M 17, BUT I WILL BE 18 BY EXPO, CAN I PARTICIPATE?
Yes. As long as you're 18 by July 3rd.

8. I HATE DUBS, CAN I PARTICIPATE IN JAPANESE?
Uh, the tryouts are for the English dubs so it would not make any sense to sing or act in Japanese. I guess you can but don't expect to win.

9. WHAT DO YOU MEAN ACT OUT A SCENE?
Choose a scene from an anime and act it out. You will have the opportunity to have someone act out the scene with you. Only YOU will be auditioning though.

10. HOW MANY STAND BYES WILL YOU HAVE?
We'll have up to 15 people for each category on standby. More than likely at least some of them will get a chance.

11. I'M SENSITIVE, WILL YOU GUYS BE MEAN?
Not if you're good. We're here to take the best. If you're not then the judges will let you know.

I'll post up more question and answers when I get them from you guys. Any questions fell free to e-mail me at the above address or aim me at ragingbigsexy. Good luck.

ANIME IDOL is a RAGE event in association with Group 42 productions.

Joe Woo Interactive Events Manager

RoseDuelist
02-12-2003, 07:43 PM
**read the first rule and gives up** Dangit.. *walks off all sad like*

^_^;;

Mink
02-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Question:

Um it looks like Im in a completly different time zone then you.....if I send it to you at midnite April 1st, california time, that means the east coast has had hours to send in there aps before me. Any suggestions? (Sorry I dont want to cause problems for you but I think it is a good question)

Secondly, do we bring you the anime scene we are going to use? Like on DVD or VHS or something? Or will that be taken care of once you find out who the 60 people are?

I would have emailed these to you but I thought they might be questions everyone wants to know! Thanks a bunch!

JoeBoeing
02-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Greetings,

Thanks for posting the questiongs Mink... I was wondering the same thing and was going to post that as well.

I look foward to the answers.

FRom,
Joe

Morrissey
02-16-2003, 09:53 PM
I'll take into account the time zones. I don't expect to fill up that quickly. As for the dvd/vhs issue, we'll have complete details soon.

peaseblossom
02-17-2003, 03:36 PM
Hey Moz, if you can get me a punk band, I'll sing! hee hee.

*chu*:p

Rey-Rey
02-18-2003, 01:16 AM
LIKE A VIRGIN! HEE!
TOUCHED FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!!

Mink
02-18-2003, 01:20 AM
Thanks Mos but I just wanted to be safe because I am uber uber excited about it (yeah Im a geek....but I could be a geek with a audition for some awsome anime company!!!geee!!!!!!!)