PDA

View Full Version : Suggetions on making a Akamaru Fursuit from Naruto

Koisnake
01-14-2006, 02:16 PM
On April 1, there is going to be an Anime Convention where I live, and Im going as Akamaru from Naruto. I need suggestions on making him. I know the materials you have to buy already. Im wondering, since Akamaru has hes eyes closed, is any suggestions so that I can be able to see good enough in the fursuit.

Also, maybe the averge cost of making a fursuit. Ill be delighted if you can answer my questions.

Rip Van Winkle
01-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Depends on where you get your materials at. I noticed here in Austin, TX, that Walmart fur prices were at least double what they were at the local Hancock's. Look into that at least before you buy anything. (Hancock's was $7.99/yd as opposed to $15.99/yd at Walmart, and the quality was better too.)

As for the eyes...most fursuit costume or masks themselves usually only have small curved slits to see through. Leave the eyelid-lines open to see through rather than putting black felt there or whatever you would've done to make it look like the eyes were closed. No one will really be able to see into the mask head through slits like that because it's dark on the inside, so use that to your advantage.

Koisnake
01-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Oh ya, thats a good idea. Thank you so much for the advice, I really appreciate it.