PDA

View Full Version : Kimono wearing demo

SailorMo
02-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Hey all,

Thought I'd give you a heads-up...

My kimono panel is slated for Sunday, from 10am to Noon.

If you'd like to learn how to wear kimono properly (and not like a bathrobe), please come! ^_^

For the most part, however, it will be just women's kimono, unless I can wrangle a friend of mine to bring his! (Or mebbe someone can volunteer??) I can introduce Yukata and "regular" kimono with a drum bow.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to dress in kimono myself, because I'm still recovering from a broken wrist-- no strength in that hand (still not allowed to lift anything either!) and still working on getting full movement back. Gomen. ::bows::

See you at the con!

Mibuzen
02-12-2003, 09:30 AM
I'm bringing my kimono. Could you possibly teach me before hand and then if you need help with the panel I could help?

SailorMo
02-12-2003, 11:00 AM
No prob... when did you want to do this? (Mind you, I'll need one of my books handy for the men's stuff.... n.n

arisuchan
02-12-2003, 11:17 AM
what a really good idea!! I wish i could come but I have cosplay obligations. Maybe i sneak in the back for a few minutes. O_o

would you be discussing the construction of kimonos at all??

SailorMo
02-12-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by arisuchan
would you be discussing the construction of kimonos at all??

erm... no.. that would be a workshop all in its own! ^_^ But I do intend to put up a section on that on my kimono website..

Mibuzen
02-12-2003, 03:12 PM
How about sometime thursday or friday night?

Emeralda
02-12-2003, 03:56 PM
*breaks free from Mo* I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *then crumples as she's tazed and dragged back and put into a kimono*

Sciguy
02-12-2003, 07:04 PM
I'll be there with my yukata if you need me. I have no idea how to tie/wear it properly, so I'll need the hands-on experience, lol

SailorMo
02-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Mibuzen
How about sometime thursday or friday night?

Thursday's no good. I'll either be sewing or comatose! n.n

Hrmmm... friday.... after opening ceremonies would probably be the best time... given run to dealer's room n all...

SailorMo
02-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Sciguy
I'll be there with my yukata if you need me. I have no idea how to tie/wear it properly, so I'll need the hands-on experience, lol

no prob.. I hope you have an obi??? I have no men's stuff...

Giant Alucard
02-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Even though i dont have a Kimono I still think I may want to drop by and meet your panel. I hope to have a Mens Kimono Made for me by my next con, And I would apprciate knowing how to put it on. I accually thought You put it on like a bath robe before i went to my Japanesse class..........I felt very out of place, even though I'm always out of place due to my height.

Giant Alucard
02-13-2003, 09:05 AM
The mens ones are called obi's...........
oh sorry bout that. Cant seem to remember that for some reason.lol.