PDA

View Full Version : Can any Long islanders or NYers driving down help me out?

Mibuzen
02-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone. I need a very simple favor. One of my props is too big for my bags plus it would be an inconvenience to strap it to my bags on the outside or keep it as carry-on luggage so I am requesting that someone who is driving to the convention from Long Island or New York pick up my bokken and bring it to the convention. I know there is a weapons policy but it's an integral part of one of my costumes and I will keep it mostly hidden. I will buy a personalized badge from Robert DeJesus for anyone willing to do this for me. I know it's alot to ask so I will understand if noone wants to do it. Thanks. Later.

Giant Alucard
02-13-2003, 09:01 AM
If no one is able to help you Mibu, I may be able to lend you my boken for most of the con. I may wear my Saitou Hajime costume but the Jacket I had mad was destroyed , and i had to buy this corny long sleeve shirt (thats not even large enough), to take it's place, which it does very poorly. If i do dress up as him, it will be for a short time only most likly, and i'll just end up leaving the thing lying up in my room. So I could just lend it to you fo rthe time that I am not using it, Thats saying if it first passes the security. But i must warn you that this bokken is bigger than most since it had to match my costume and apperance, so My friend found one that did just that. It's about 4 ft. long and I believe over an inch thick, a plus it's a little heavy, you'll have to get use to it if you borrow it, since for me it was simple to wave it around with one hand with ease. So let me know what you think and what costume your using it for. Im or PM me before the con if you can. If not, Look for a giant tan guy at the con and that should be me.

Mibuzen
02-17-2003, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the offer. Did you have a good time at the con? I did UNTIL THE LAST DAY! Also my bokken has no tsuba and is taped up red. I couldn't do that to yours. I appreciate the gesture though I am just finding out about the post. Later.