PDA

View Full Version : Flying High Yuna

Yuna
02-12-2003, 05:43 PM
I've been really depressed lately,so, while listening to Ayu, I was inspired.

I used the picture of Ayu on the CD of her "Fly High" single as a reference picture. I'm very happy with it. And, even though covered by the dress, I thought leaving in the legs gave it a little more *something* then just erasing them, so I didn't. If you don't like it, oh well, it's not your picture.

http://images.deviantart.com/large/indyart/games/Flying_High_Yuna.jpg

Mizuho
02-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Ohhh. The concept is quite pretty-- I like it!

I like the way you drew the hands. They lay very naturally.

My one critique is that the legs look a little too small for her body, but other than that, it looks very good. :)

Sakaki
02-14-2003, 12:48 PM
(Who works while at work? Not Sakaki! At least, not here.)

This reminds me of that one part in FFX ... I loved that part ... "Ha. HA! Take that, Seymour! Booyaka!" Ok, now that I've gotten that out of my system ...

Do you consider this a finished piece?

You may have already made the decision not to include them, but the drawing could be made even spiffier if you included some shadows, or possibly alternated the thickness of your lines in some areas. Adding texture to the hair could help give more of a sensation of falling, as well as visually bringing it apart from the pale skin and white dress.

Her hips look a bit strange to me ... can't quite pin down why. ^_^;

'tis good that you like this piece, particularly since it came out in times of depression. I have found that if one is not satisfied with something one has done, it just makes the negative emotions worse.

jade_dragon
02-18-2003, 10:55 PM
i think its a sweet drawing ,and cheer up nessa life has its ups and downs things are bound to go up again ^_^

Yuna
02-19-2003, 01:52 AM
Mizuho~ The proportions on the wedding dress always make the legs look short. The top cut in the front of the dress starts mid-theigh not at crotch. You have to invision it that way.

Sakaki~ The same thing with the hips apply (that and I had a shitty picture of Ayu to go off of; see attached x_x) But yes, I have shaded it since then, but you see, I have to take my artwork on a digital camera, not a scanner, so I can't capture shading and texture well, so I tend not to waste my time on that unless I want to use it as sample artwork. *shrugs* It was a really random drawing.

jade_dragon~ Thanks. Unfortunatly, my Summoner Yuna costume was stolen from me, so I think it's going to be some times until I get over the loss. That costume ment more to me then any other I own, so it was a huge hurt. But no worries! Aeris is like obsessed with Yuna and she's determined to help me remake it, and I need help because I think I would drive myself crazy if I tryed to make a loved costume over again x_x

Bell-chan
02-19-2003, 02:15 AM
I like the expression on her face... I think it's soothing (- -)Originally posted by Yuna
jade_dragon~ Thanks. Unfortunatly, my Summoner Yuna costume was stolen from me, so I think it's going to be some times until I get over the loss. That costume ment more to me then any other I own, so it was a huge hurt. But no worries! Aeris is like obsessed with Yuna and she's determined to help me remake it, and I need help because I think I would drive myself crazy if I tryed to make a loved costume over again x_x [/B] That's awful! Why would someone want to steal a costume? I hope you do just as well on the remake ^_^ Shame on whoever took it. >_<

jade_dragon
02-19-2003, 02:27 AM
how awful that person should be hunted down and have a large plaque crazyguled to their head saying theif .
so sorry for your loss

Arisa
02-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Wai~~! Ayu RULES! ^_^ Awesome job!

Yuna
02-23-2003, 02:58 PM
thanks! X3

Ayu rocks my socks.

P-chan
02-24-2003, 02:49 AM
I am a Ayu mania. she is great.