PDA

View Full Version : anyone else play .hack for the PS2?

JoeBoeing
02-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Greetings,

I got my .hack game for the PS2 topday and am loving it. The dub has to be the best game dub yet and the game is addicting.

Balmung is way cool and Blackrose is a hottie!

I'm just wondering who else picked this game up?

FRom,
Joe

KaineMaxwell
02-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Seen the strategy guides for it today, no sign the game itself.

Cassandra
02-12-2003, 07:49 PM
My husband is playing it right now. It seems pretty cool so far. We watched the 45-minute OAV and that was awesome. He just started playing the game about a half hour ago or so.

Dark Vision
02-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Can't seem to find a copy yet, must be at some game stop somewhere. Well I'm definetly gonna play it soon I hope.

<== to console his dire need to play he buys several dot hack sign soundtracks, so he put on the costume and pretend he's in the game.

Shadra D
02-12-2003, 08:56 PM
It's a wonderful game.

Odd note, did you know the American VA for Kite was the person who was Penny in the Inspector Gadget cartoon? n.n

Celine
02-12-2003, 09:15 PM
I played about an hour or so of the demo copy. I thought that the game was very, very strange. Then again, I'm not very familiar with how real MMORPGs work. The game-within-a-game concept is intriguing, and I'll probably rent the full version of the game later to try it some more. I was sort of frustrated at how long it took me to level up.

Kite has the most adorable expressions ever... ^_^

I got quite tired of the dub, honestly. I was happy that you can skip through the text without listening to any voices. Sometimes, I'm not in the mood to listen to giant monologues about how controls work or whatnot.

Kairikins
02-12-2003, 09:38 PM
I havent seen any sign of the game yet but I have been veery interested in playing it when I can get mah lil hands on that game XD

KaineMaxwell
02-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Should be noted that .hack/infection takes place some time after the events of .hack/Sign.

Sakura
02-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Aw I'm so jealous of those of you who have it. I won't be getting it for awhile cuz I need to save up for the con season T_T

marsie
02-13-2003, 11:58 AM
I am buying it today...I'll post a report about my feelings as soon as i can!

How is the OAV? Is there a TV series.

*doesn't know much about it*

Cassandra
02-13-2003, 12:00 PM
The OAV is pretty good. From what I understand, it's a side story to the series. Yes, there is a TV series and it's playing on Cartoon Network on Saturdays at 3PM. It's called .hack//SIGN. (There's more .hack stuff but I'm not sure what order it goes in.)

BannSidhe
02-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by marsie
I am buying it today...I'll post a report about my feelings as soon as i can!

How is the OAV? Is there a TV series.

*doesn't know much about it*

My feelings: So far the graphics are great. Its reminding me of an upgraded Dark Cloud...my biggest beef is the crap Camera.

Having to move it around myself...and then not being able to attack what isn't directly shown by the camera...ugh

Shego
04-22-2006, 10:42 PM
I got Parts 1-3 and There is some new .hack games for the PS2 one is .Hack//GU and the other is an online MMORPG!!!

Quantum9
04-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow. More Thread Necro O_O

Yokosho
04-22-2006, 11:55 PM
How do you beat the Wavemaster w/the Crimson Wand. I had Inf. HP (In Battle) GameShark code turned on and he killed me w/one blow. Also Dot Hack G.U vol.1/p.1 Resurrection comes out later in this year of 2006. Could someone reply ASAP? I'm currently at Lvl. 26......

Yokosho
04-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Will this actually work?
BOSS: SKEITH
For those that want to extract revenge for Orca, here's your chance. Skeith is the final boss for this edition of .hack. He has several attacks: exectution, darkness, judgment, and data drain. All of these attacks do loads of damage and can kill you in one blow. Kite should act as the healer and everytime his allies are hit, he should heal them. However, to save potions, use resurrect if your allies are less than 100 HP. Command your allies to hack at Skeith. When skeith uses data drain on one of your characters, you become a baby and you can't do anything except be squashed on. No, just kidding again. Any player who is data drained will receive all the possible handicaps in the game. Keep an eye out for the right moment to data drain.

After Skeith is drained, you'll obtain Virus Core F. Have your buddies hack and slash at him while still you heal them and this guy will be toast. Just because you killed Skeith, this isn't the end of this installment of .hack. You'll have another dungeon to face and another round of goblin tag. Or does this glitch actually work though?
Invincibility
Description: sell all you items and equipment, (everything that you can sell in your inventory) get your dada drain viral infection up to 99% and talk to your grunty three times, sell all the items in your storage a the 0 server and and buy lath blades and beat parasite dragon only using this item and you parties skills (but don't use data drain or drain arc) and when you start you game over you'll have invincibility. Submitted by Josef Zubkoski

Michi
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
...Wow. It would've been perfectly fine to just start a new .hack thread instead of bringing one up from three years ago. ^_^;

Yokosho
04-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Sorry about that.... Also why are these these so hard to beat:

Delta Detestable Golden Gate
This round of tag is actually the hardest one. You must have some speed charms to chase Martina and that's not the worse part--Martina can cast Rig Saem, the self regenerating HP skill.

The best strategy is to use Swirling Dark or Staccato and use Mage's Sould to kill her. After you grab her Imp's Pin from her, equip all the Goblin Series of armor to summon a goblin to attack nearby enemies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delta Hideous Someone's Giant
This boss will actually make you use more items than Skeith. Make sure you have 99 of the same items again when you fought Skeith. The enemies, even though a couple levels lower than yours, can still kill you easily. The Mu Guardians can attack you with their skills that hit you multiple times, dealing at about 50-60 damage each. Mystery Rocks can revive each other until you puke twice. Red Scissors are the easiest enemies to kill.

Start the dungeon's B1 by heading east after the big room. Head north and follow the path until you start heading south. Keep going until you reach B2. Head straight for the boss and be prepared to fight.

BOSS: Parasite Dragon
This boss does not need to be data drained in order for it to die. However, it does drain your resurrects because of the amount of damage it deals.

At level 30, this boss can kill you twice before you hit the ground. Tag the magic portal and have Kite order the Attack command. This fool has magic resistance and can confuse you and your allies. Once your allies start attacking it, be very far from the dragon. As soon as your allies fall, resurrect them. Make sure that you do not get close enough to be confused or else you're screwed. Just keep your distance, keep reviving your allies and you should be able to data drain it for the best Twin Blade weapon in the game, the Hyakkidouran.

And that's it! You beat the game. Stay tuned for the guide to the next edition of .hack, right here on IGN Guides.