PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem?

w00tmonger
01-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Im thinking up cosplays for 2007 and fire emblem path of radiance came to mind. Im thinking of something that would be to difficult to make (No Palidins)
but i also one something I can do on a budget and not poor a whole load into ( im selling this years cosplay for just over $110Canadian).

Here are a couple things to keep in mind;

Im about 6foot 3
Im Male ( no crossplays)
not a huge amount of facial hair (I wish i could do mordacci but no...)
I dont want to have to get hair extensions or grow my hair for a damn long time (eg. no ryson)

thanks for any help u guys can offer. Ill post pictures of characters If anyone needs'em but ill leave it for now.

*edit* now that Ive looked its hard to find pics of characters. If you can find a picture of your person. please do.

w00tmonger
01-17-2006, 09:54 PM
oh yah i noticed the fire emblem thread. but im more or less just asking a couple questions so I didnt think i had to move it

DarkenedWings
01-17-2006, 09:58 PM
If you're looking to not pour a whole load into it, I would not suggest Soren. To do a decent cosplay of him, you'd need a lot of materials, and when you look closely he's got an insane amount of detail in his costume.

Perhaps someone like Janaff (pic (http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/feartwork/FE9-9/janaff.png)) iif you can find wings, or Ranulf would be good. (I apologize, I can't find a pic of him... he's the laguz with blue hair and the brown vest.)

And you could pull off Mordecai, you'd probably just have some trouble finding a fake beard that was light blue. ^^;

A lot of the bird laguz have fairly simple cosplays. (The hawk king and the crow king, for example.) The trouble is, you'd want wings to go with those, so people could recognize you more easily.

From what you've said, though, I'd say go with someone like Ranulf. He's a fairly easy cosplay, he's cute, and he's a kitty.

Eriol
01-17-2006, 10:06 PM
EDIT: feplanet.net used to have images, but the whole site is non-operational.

If you beat Fire Emblem on the Gamecube, you can access all the playable characters' artwork in the gallery. You can always try to ask around for a completed save file.

Maybe Boyd is within your means?

w00tmonger
01-17-2006, 11:59 PM
hmm yes... i lick the sound of ranulf. soren would work perfectly for me xpt for my lack of hair and wanting a wig. Ill delve into this farther. in the meantime, suggestions are still welcome.

mordoccai would be freeking sweet but I dont really have the build for him.
wings might be a pain, and possibly very costly.
what material would u suggest for fabric for soren
boyd would be spiffy. strap/shoulder pad suggestions
how easy would be zihark? (the swordmaster/myrmodon you get in the port place)

Its still a toss-up whether i do a fire emblem character or cid highwind

DarkenedWings
01-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Soren would need a lot of silky fabric that flowed easily. It would be difficult to work with, but worth it if you could spend the time getting it cooperate with you.

Zihark doesn't look too difficult. I'll have to go back and look at my completed game to see who else is fairly simple...

haruna
01-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Scroll to the bottom: Muarim isn't too difficult-looking:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gfej/cha04/index.html
Blue poet shirt, white sash, dark green simple pants and a white bandanna.
I think Simplicity has a bunch of beginner friendly patterns for all of the items you'd need.

Serria
01-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Are you willing to get a wig at all? Lots of the Fire Emblem characters will be difficult if you don't want one.... or you could dye your hair, I guess. It depends on how long it is.

I think Ranulf would be a great cosplay. I also think Boyd would be relatively easy. You could try Ike but you'd -definitely- need blue hair. lol

Soren doesn't look to me like it'd be too difficult to do, and you wouldn't have to worry about swords or axes... but he has long black hair. So again, wig.

w00tmonger
01-18-2006, 04:19 PM
wigs might be abit iffy for me as I might lose it. Using my real hair would be nice but im blond so dye might get in the way for a couple days (no worries).

Hair length isnt much of an issue for the characters Id like to do. but yah for a lot of them it is a pain

Ranulf's sounding like a very good plan. but its still a toss up between him and cid highwind for 2007. I need opinions!

Eriol
01-18-2006, 05:07 PM
You should post to the "Who Do I Look Like?" thread and present images of Ranulf, Cid HighWind, and yourself. Let the audience give you its opinion.

The thread is here:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=64833

w00tmonger
01-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Theres a thread like that??????
wow

anyhow its not so much an issue of looking like as it is who I would rather do

Eriol
01-18-2006, 09:42 PM
If this is Cid Highwind from FF7, you'll more likely find the materials necessary to make that cosplay. Much of his outfit is based on actual clothes, so you would not need to make many modifcations.

w00tmonger
01-18-2006, 10:19 PM
If cid probably advent children. He's an easier make, I actually like him a bit better. and theres a small group of people I know going as the turks and such.

Finding the right shaped goggles for modification is hell

Again it comes down to what i decide later on. Its way to early to make it definitive.