PDA

View Full Version : 06 cosplay.com meetup?

Usako Haneino
01-19-2006, 08:54 PM
i was wondering if we should have a meet up at anizona i picked my c.com name for my badge anyway. anyone interested?

Eurobeat King
01-19-2006, 11:25 PM
We can try to form one this year, and I'll check with Admin if he wants to help organize a cosplay.com member gathering at Anizona. Usually if I'm attending a con, if I'm not too busy I'll put one together. :) But mainly if I don't attend a convention (and neither does he), people need to contact Admin first to get permission to form a c.com gathering.

Plenty of time to go, so I'll keep you posted.

Usako Haneino
01-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Thx i'd love to meet the guys on the forum they've been very helpful ^_^

SohjiroX
01-21-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm up for it, I never miss.....well almost never miss a C.C gathering.

Chibi Ice Wolf
01-23-2006, 05:36 PM
I'd be up for this too! ^^ I won't have my username on my badge though...it'll say "NyuNyu" which is my username on the AniZona board. So many people called me that last year I just decided to put it on my badge and give up on my real name. ;P

Usako Haneino
01-31-2006, 01:16 PM
we still have to get premission from admin and fihure out a day and time when nothing major is going on lol.

Eurobeat King
01-31-2006, 05:50 PM
we still have to get permission from admin and figure out a day and time when nothing major is going on lol.

I'm most likely going to go to Anizona, and if so then I usually run the cosplay.com gathering. Sometimes admin may be too busy to coordinate the gathering, so I'm the one who will organize everyone together. The only time you would need permission from admin is a con that NEITHER one of us attend.

Most likely the day for the cosplay.com member gathering would be Saturday, April 15th. The time & location will be determined later..

Usako Haneino
01-31-2006, 07:14 PM
yeay i'm working on my first cosplays for anizona so i can't wait to meet every one and see how my skills match up ^_^

Assassins Inc.
01-31-2006, 07:56 PM
[Post deleted for private reasons.]

Admin
01-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Lots of C.com people will be going to AniZona, including myself. I'll post some info later. :)

Shiya Wind
02-01-2006, 03:06 PM
awesome, I'd love to go. ^^

Usako Haneino
02-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Lots of C.com people will be going to AniZona, including myself. I'll post some info later. :)

wow that means i'll finally be able to see the person behind the crying teady bear (admin avi) lol

SohjiroX
02-02-2006, 10:38 PM
I probly wont have my name either on my badge, probly just Sohji on it and be wearing Shuuei for it from BLEACH. But yeah I"m in for this.

Princesssailorm
02-03-2006, 12:01 AM
im definitly going where do you want to meet up?

Usako Haneino
02-03-2006, 01:23 AM
how about that balcony outside the dealers room/ artist alley? where they held the LARP last year.

SohjiroX
02-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Sounds good but what if there are alot of us, then it'll be a bit hard for photo's. Maybe near the pool?

Usako Haneino
02-04-2006, 10:18 PM
that works too ^_^

Eurobeat King
02-05-2006, 01:22 AM
I personally like the balcony overlooking the majority of the hotel. The lighting is good, and it's big enough to have a gathering there. Plus also it's easy to assemble cosplayers w/o having them to go too far (it's really close to the dealers' room.)

natsukoarts
02-06-2006, 03:08 AM
just let me know where i need to be and when,
i'll either be my c.com name or my writer "pen name"

Usako Haneino
02-09-2006, 01:02 AM
now we have to settle ona day and time ^_^

Eurobeat King
02-09-2006, 02:03 AM
now we have to settle ona day and time ^_^

Most likely it'll be on Saturday, in the afternoon. Usually 1, 2, or 3pm. The BIG cosplay groups like Naruto, Bleach, FMA, or Final Fantasy take place around that time, so i don't want it to conflict. It's still early since those gatherings haven't formed yet, so we'll see. But Saturday is probably the best day to have the c.com gathering.

Princesssailorm
02-09-2006, 02:05 PM
that sounds good saturday works best for me i still need tuxedo mask sailor venus prince dimound sailor luna chibi usa mercury darkaury the genrals queen beryel mars and jupiter reply asap!

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Most likely it'll be on Saturday, in the afternoon. Usually 1, 2, or 3pm. The BIG cosplay groups like Naruto, Bleach, FMA, or Final Fantasy take place around that time, so i don't want it to conflict. It's still early since those gatherings haven't formed yet, so we'll see. But Saturday is probably the best day to have the c.com gathering.

No clue yet on the others, but I think one of the biggest this year is going to be Advent Children and that's gonna be on Friday...so that one's out of the way. Early Saturday, eh? I'll probably be in lolita garb. =3 Saturday probably is best, probably the biggest day for cosplay too.

Usako Haneino
02-10-2006, 03:29 PM
saturday is a definate day for me ^_^

Princesssailorm
02-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Yaynesss!!! i can't wait!!!

Eurobeat King
02-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Due to work-related issues, as of now it looks like I will not be able to attend Anizona this year. :lost: It saddens me because I was looking forward to returning to the convention, as I had a lot of fun last year, took some great pictures, loved the hotel and its great areas for photoshoots, as well as meeting new people and seeing familiar faces.

Admin & Adella will be returning, so please look for them and Admin should be taking pictures that weekend. As for the cosplay.com gathering, it's now up to him if he wishes to gather everyone for the photoshoot, so please wait for his reply on this matter.

My apologies again to those who were looking forward to seeing me (again or for the first time) at AniZona, and I do hope everyone has a lot of fun. It's not 100% for certain that I won't make it, but right now it's pretty doubtful. If anything comes up between now and April, I shall keep you posted.

Usako Haneino
02-23-2006, 07:05 PM
alrighty. admin please let us have this meetup *puppy dog eyes*

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Aww that's too bad you can't make it Eurobeat. ;.; I know a lot of us were looking foward to your photos and everything!

Kairi G
02-25-2006, 10:42 PM
If I go, I will definately be doing the masq. It would really be the only reason I would go. I will be in Phoenix that week anyways, and so I figure I might try and squeeze some cosplay in as well. :D Currently I am thinking of something from Magna Carta, do you think that would be allowed, officially its Korean, but It has been allowed at a lot of other masquerades...

ChukkuCheese
02-26-2006, 10:22 PM
hey i just started today but i saw the AniZona meeting for this years AniZona and i just had to check i will be going as Uchiha Itachi from Naruto but thats if i finish it hopefully i will and hopefully im not to young to be in the c.c group also i hope to be friends with you all one day

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-26-2006, 10:49 PM
If I go, I will definately be doing the masq. It would really be the only reason I would go. I will be in Phoenix that week anyways, and so I figure I might try and squeeze some cosplay in as well. :D Currently I am thinking of something from Magna Carta, do you think that would be allowed, officially its Korean, but It has been allowed at a lot of other masquerades...

I wanna say yes but I'm not sure. You should e-mail the cosplay coordinator/director person (anizonacosplay@gmail.com) to find out.

Purgatory
02-28-2006, 01:57 AM
Ill be there If im not to busy. Though my Badge name will Be " Nanaki "

Usako Haneino
03-03-2006, 01:14 PM
registered yesterday my badge is usako Haneino like on here ^_^ i'll be Usagi.

SohjiroX
03-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Darn I was hoping to say hi again at anizona Eurobeat King, oh well. I'm still up for this and I hope to meet everyone there. Yeah as for Friday I'm in the AC group for that day, I still need to figure out the time and where my group is meeting up so I can walk over to the gathering with them. In anycase I'll be there in my Cosplay nick name.

Rage
03-05-2006, 02:32 AM
I'll be there ^_^ what day? I'm needing to write me a schedule already ^^;

Usako Haneino
03-06-2006, 03:55 PM
we decided on sometime saturday. we still need to figure out a time but anizona hasn't put up much of a schedual yet.

ninjakitty
03-09-2006, 02:35 AM
the sheduale will be filling in as the weeks go by. I can say that for sure. I will say thought can some one please let us (Anizona ) know what is going on is cosplay.com coming offically or unofficalyy. I mean we have no problem either way just more a curiousity at this point. Meow ninjakitty out

Usako Haneino
03-09-2006, 05:01 PM
*glomps ninjakitty* i didn't know you were on c.com. as far as i'm aware its still just an unofficial gathering but admin still has to put his two cents in so i don't know for sure.
Tanya

Admin
03-14-2006, 03:04 PM
We will have an official time/date set in the next day or two so that we can give it to the AniZona staff. Most likely we will be doing the group shot on Saturday afternoon.

Usako Haneino
03-14-2006, 07:29 PM
horray ^_^ i think i'll be the only usagi in a staff shirt lol
can't wait to meet everyone ^_^

Admin
03-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Let's shoot for 3pm on Saturday and I will run it past AniZona to make sure it doesn't conflict with any other main events. If so we'll either move it back or forward one hour. The only real place to do this would be on the balcony.

Usako Haneino
03-16-2006, 02:25 AM
i'm up for it assuming i'm not working the veiwing rooms

Krishna
03-16-2006, 01:23 PM
How exciting! :D You'll definately see me there!

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
3pm... That should be right after my craftsmanship judging...so I'll be there in my Princess Garnet costume, hopefully!

ciracira
03-17-2006, 11:01 AM
I hope I can be there! I'm in the karaoke contest again this year, and last year it ran super-late... o.o

I was thinking about entering the masquerade this year, too. I know I can't beat you, Maia, but at least I can take a judge's award, right? ^_~

Rogue Marvel
03-17-2006, 11:28 AM

There should not be a problem with that. Sure its Korean but it still part of our cosplay culture.

I don't think there will be in issue. If Kyo has an issue tell her RM said she didn't think it was a big deal.

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Now that I look at the new judging times... I'll be probably be wearing Dark Sailor Mercury at 3:00 instead o.O Oh the confusion!

Yeah you should enter the masquerade Cira it's fun ^^

SohjiroX
03-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Sounds good to me I have no clue what I'll be wearing though.

Eurobeat King
03-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Let's shoot for 3pm on Saturday and I will run it past AniZona to make sure it doesn't conflict with any other main events. If so we'll either move it back or forward one hour. The only real place to do this would be on the balcony.

It looks like I'll be there helping you out with the gathering, K. hehehe Tonight, out of impulse, or just not wanting to wait for AnimeCentral (May 5-7) to be my next convention, I bought airline tickets to go to Anizona!! :sunny:

So I shall be there Friday morning before 9:00am, and on Sunday I'll be leaving around 2-2:30pm. (a little better than leaving at noon on Sunday last year and missing out on taking pics the last day.. :blubber: well, not this year!) :skidude2:

Not sure if I'll be bringing any costumes, but we'll see.. ;) See you all in 2.5 weeks!

L.A.Stewart
03-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Yay EBK! Glad you decided to come back to sunny AZ^^ I look forward to meeting you!

Rage
03-29-2006, 01:40 AM
w00t!! there's been some rejoicing on the AniZona forums since you decided to come!

shirogami520
03-29-2006, 03:13 AM
x3 Haha thanks for letting me know that you are coming Eurobeat King! =D I am glad your impulse-ness worked! x3

Oh wow I posted something. *0*;;;

Princesssailorm
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
yea me too this is going to be an awsome meetup!

Eurobeat King
03-30-2006, 02:39 AM
x3 Haha thanks for letting me know that you are coming Eurobeat King! =D I am glad your impulse-ness worked! x3

Yeah, those impulses can come back to bite me in the :p later, but it'll be worth going to since I'm sure it'll be a fun convention for the 2nd year. And I hope to utilize some of the parts of the hotel for pictures.. we'll see. :)

I booked my room at the La Quinta Inn right next door, it's a little cheaper and has FREE high-speed internet & breakfast! :sunny: Since I have my new camera and will stock up on batteries, I won't need to go back to my room until it's time to sleep.. :)

2 weeks to go! See you all soon!

SohjiroX
03-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Great I cant wait to see you Al! Heheh I know I'm going to have a fun time at the gathering now.

Princesssailorm
03-31-2006, 08:53 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeenessssssssss i cant wait! 2 weeks!

natsukoarts
04-02-2006, 01:48 AM
anyone know where this place is exactly - sense of direction totally bites

Eurobeat King
04-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Yay EBK! Glad you decided to come back to sunny AZ^^ I look forward to meeting you!

Thank you! I look forward to meeting you too! If I bring my school-uniform Shinji costume, we can take pics together as Shinji & Asuka! :)

natsukoarts: Here's a picture of the balcony where we'll be having the gathering. It's pretty easy to find since it's right outside and overlooks almost all of the hotel:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=303077

Chinese_shounen
04-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Whaaahaha, yay Eurobeat~!

EEEEEE, we're at the countdown now~! Only about 2 weeks left to go. I have so much to do still. xD xD

I'm think of entering my Sub-Zero lolita in the Masq. Yep.

I'm not sure if I can make the met up though. D:

R.Cutie
04-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah for EBK coming! I enjoyed the gathering at ALA so am looking forward to this one ^_^ My sis and I will be there wearing our CCS costumes! See everyone there!!!!

anime6550
04-05-2006, 04:13 PM
As my first anime convention in my first official Cosplay costume, I think it would be awesome to be in a c.com group!!! Being as its my first time, I am not entered in ANYTHING so I'll just be walking around with a sword taller then me (last time I checked is was 6'3"). I can't wait...

Princesssailorm
04-05-2006, 11:52 PM
WEEE! TWO WEEKS TILL ALL THE FUN AND CRAZiness begins!

Eurobeat King
04-07-2006, 02:41 PM
A week from now I'll be there, taking lots of pictures! If it was like last year when I got there around noon and there were already a lot of cosplayers walking about, I know I'll have my hands full with getting pictures! :thumbsup:

I look forward to meeting everyone who I haven't before, either on Friday or Saturday for the cosplay.com gathering! :)

See you all in one week!

Chibi Ice Wolf
04-08-2006, 01:30 AM
The schedule (http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=712) is up. Two panels at that time... I'm not attending either (sorry Hide and whoever's hosting the VA panel! XD). I'll definitely be there in my Darkury costume if all goes as planned!

Usako Haneino
04-12-2006, 03:35 AM
alrighty i'll see everyone at 3pm on saturday and if anyone wants to find me before then i'll be in the anime or live action veiwing rooms on my late night shift....my job ... i get to watch anime overnight and card underage ppls lol. wish i could get a real job doing that.

natsukoarts
04-12-2006, 03:43 AM
dude, i am SO gonna get lost trying to find this place... my sense of direction sucks so hard... where is "west" again?

Chibi Ice Wolf
04-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Aww I'm sad. ;.; Yaya's panel is during this gathering, and goes onto when I'll be getting ready for the masquerade. T.T Nuu!

Eurobeat King
04-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Aww I'm sad. ;.; Yaya's panel is during this gathering, and goes onto when I'll be getting ready for the masquerade. T.T Nuu!

Should we move the gathering to an earlier time then? I'll talk to Admin and see if he doesn't mind moving it up, since I know he wouldn't want it to conflict with Yaya's panel, and Yaya would want a lot of cosplayers attending her panel. :) And, I'd like to be at her panel as well.

So hopefully Admin will read this and perhaps we can move the gathering earlier to maybe.. 2:00PM?? Any time is good for me, so how does everyone else think about having the cosplay.com gathering earlier??

anime6550
04-12-2006, 05:09 PM
The earlier the better. 2:00 is fine! But it doesn't really matter all that much for me...2-3 whatever!

Chibi Ice Wolf
04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
But but...Katie Bair's workshop. ;.; I wanna go to these panels too much and I already have to miss half of both of them, so I think I'll just skip the C.com gathering. =( Saturday is really busy.

Gainax Boy
04-12-2006, 06:13 PM
If I'm anywhere in the hotel at the time.. I'm sure someone will grab me and direct me to the gathering ^_^

*cough cough hint hint*

Hazel Chaz
04-12-2006, 06:41 PM
If I'm anywhere in the hotel at the time.. I'm sure someone will grab me and direct me to the gathering ^_^
What, are you trying to be subtle about asking the time and place of the gathering? Didn't they already say it's on Saturday?

If I get a table, I'll be at my table; stop and say hi. Otherwise stop by our room Saturday night...

Eurobeat King
04-12-2006, 07:35 PM
So 3:00pm is bad, and now 2:00pm is bad, since we want to be fair to Katie Blair too. (she'll want cosplayers there also) How about 1:00PM?? I don't want to have it too early (anything before noon) so how about 1:00pm? Again I'll check with Admin since he originally said 3:00pm but it's his call really on what time he wants to have it. Doesn't make too much a difference to me..

natsukoarts
04-12-2006, 08:32 PM
As long as it is not at like 8am in the morning, I so will NOT be awake! and ya know what, i'm sorry but sanzo is bringing the shoureji -no compromise, so sue me...

anime6550
04-12-2006, 09:52 PM
1:00 seems great...hope we get this solid before tomorrow at 4:00 when we leave for Pheonix...

Chibi Ice Wolf
04-13-2006, 12:24 AM
1 is still during Katie's panel XD (it's from 1-3) but I dunno, whatever you guys want cause I'm busy all day. x.x

Krishna
04-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Hmmmm... the only two panel I want to go to.. doesn't work with c.com gathering... *sigh* how about 12 if anyone doesn't need to eat!!

vyrax778
04-13-2006, 03:55 AM
im pretty wide open. 12 would work for me. hell pretty much anytime

L.A.Stewart
04-13-2006, 04:39 AM
I vote for twelve, if possible.

Eurobeat King
04-13-2006, 01:21 PM
OK, we'll shoot for 12:00pm NOON for the cosplay.com gathering. :) Regardless if Admin can make it there, I'll be there to help organize everyone together around then (or wait a little bit for others to show up until, say 12:15pm) and do the big-group photoshoot. Sounds good?

See you tomorrow/Saturday!

R.Cutie
04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Any time is fine for me...just needed to know for carpooling purposes! So I'll plan on Noon to meet up with everyone! Can't wait to meet you all <3s Hope you're feeling better EBK!

Eurobeat King
04-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks for your concern! :) It looks like I'm still going to be under the weather during the con, but that won't prevent me from doing my job. ;) If anyone wants to give me any non-drowsy cold medicine, I always appreciate donations, and in this case.. allergy-medication. ;)

Admin
04-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I won't be there until about 1:30pm on Sat so if we can keep it at 2pm that'd be best for me. Otherwise, just go ahead w/ noon and I'll grab pics of everyone later in the day.

Eurobeat King
04-13-2006, 10:11 PM
I won't be there until about 1:30pm on Sat so if we can keep it at 2pm that'd be best for me. Otherwise, just go ahead w/ noon and I'll grab pics of everyone later in the day.

So 2:00pm it is then. See you all there whoever can make it at that time. :)

Princesssailorm
04-15-2006, 09:17 PM
it was so much funing posing for pictures with you guys! i hope i can go next year! im in the hotel lobby waiting for my rents if anyone wants to hangout please do im extremly bored!

Tenucha
04-17-2006, 02:21 AM
AWW!! I didn't see this topic before the day!! ><;
Darn it!! I was off somwhere else! Well... there's Expo and next year!

Usako Haneino
04-17-2006, 04:56 PM
:_: i missied it couse i didn't check the forum after the con started (i was veiwing room staff so it started on the 13 for me) but ebk did get a few pics of me. i feel so bad since i started the thread....i was at scary movie 4 at 2 saturday with my BF :bigcry:

natsukoarts
04-18-2006, 12:20 AM
i missed it too, stuck at the dojo. so wanted to go. EBK's pictures look wonderful... next time, I hope

Tenucha
04-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Which Dojo? The Shin Kendo thing or another?

I wish my Shaolin Staff class met mor ethen once a week ><;

natsukoarts
04-23-2006, 01:02 AM
kendo.
Aikido ki.

Tenucha
04-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Ahh.
I was taking AikiSho Ryu off of Ho Shin Ryu up in northern AZ.
That class also had a Judo instructor so we were learning alot of Judo as well.
I was starting to pick up the sai and then I moved down here.

Now I got the mother of all weapons: the staff!

xcascax
05-04-2006, 04:28 PM
I missed it!