PDA

View Full Version : Rent-a-Friend?

Quarla
01-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Okay, maybe not renting but how about barrowing? Here's the deal, I'm going to Anime LA on Friday. That's the only day I can make it since I have work on Sat & Sun from 11:30am-7pm. *sulks* Anyway, almost everyone I've talked to isn't going Friday, they're only going Sat or Sun and so that means I'm most likely going to be ending up wandering the con all alone. ;_; I thought this might be a good opportunity to meet some new people and make more friends. Anyone going to be around Friday and not mind a little Kenshin tagging along? I might be with my b/f but honestly I don't see a big reason for him to go since he's not gunna buy anything and he doesn't have a costume, so that's why I figured I'll most likely end up going stag (ehe). I'd rather not just wander the con completely alone. So how about it? Anyone up for the task? XD

Gainax Boy
01-21-2006, 10:43 PM
I'll be your buddy if you'd like ^__^

Just flag me down and holler (I don't think I'm that hard to miss) ^^

I'll be wandering in and out of the hotel area (plus two panels) throughout the day on Friday.

Armless Wookiee
01-22-2006, 01:44 AM
you could hang out with me and some friends i will most likely be cosplaying as Chouji. just say hi or whatever to me.

FlowerOfThCourt
01-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Just call me out if you see me! Unless you would feel weird being around my family, (They are weird FYI! XD) but I'll be glad to a least talk to ya! :)

Quarla
01-23-2006, 02:06 AM
Might be easier to spot me than for me to spot all of you. If you see a short Kenshin with naturally dark red hair.. that'd be me. I should have pictures of me in the actual costume tomorrow so you'll know exactly what I'm going to look like in costume and what not. So any of you feel free to go 'Ooh! Kenshin! *yoink!*' and run off with me.. unless there's a guy with me not in costume.. then just come up and say hi. ;_; No stealing then. :/ (I know, no fun!)

Earthbounder
01-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Well if it ends up that your B/F doesn't show, feel free to hang out with me for a bit. It's my first con, so meeting people is a pretty high priority for me.

I'll be dressed as Hughes from FMA Friday and early Saturday, then as L from Death Note for the rest of the time.

I'll keep an eye out for ya though.

Reno_kun
01-23-2006, 04:24 AM
me and Starlet_flower will be there all 3 days
so if you see us feel free to come and chat with us for a bit ^^ I'll be dress as Lupin of Friday, I'm not hard to miss! ^^

Hazel Chaz
01-23-2006, 04:53 AM
Okay, maybe not renting but how about barrowing? Here's the deal, I'm going to Anime LA on Friday. That's the only day I can make it since I have work on Sat & Sun from 11:30am-7pm. *sulks* Anyway, almost everyone I've talked to isn't going Friday, they're only going Sat or Sun and so that means I'm most likely going to be ending up wandering the con all alone. ;_;
But you'll be back Saturday after work, right?

EccentricShinob
01-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Sure, im always up for new friends! Just look for my sword, it usualy has a few people following anyway ^_^

Quarla
01-23-2006, 11:24 AM
me and Starlet_flower will be there all 3 days
so if you see us feel free to come and chat with us for a bit ^^ I'll be dress as Lupin of Friday, I'm not hard to miss! ^^

Hmm. Yah, Lupin isn't too hard to spot and I wouldn't imagine a ton of people would be cosplaying as him either. I'll keep an eye out!

But you'll be back Saturday after work, right?

Sadly no. ;_; I live 65 miles away and I don't think I could get away with driving back and forth more than once since my job is out where I live. :/ Maybe next year? Darn arcade which consumes my weekends!

Sure, im always up for new friends! Just look for my sword, it usualy has a few people following anyway ^_^

Okay yah.. I should be able to spot that sword a mile away. XD I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled!

Thanks everyone! I hope I can make some new friends this week!

Reno_kun
01-23-2006, 11:56 AM
glad to help, also that my hair will eith be hidden into my jacket or cut short and into a tail. but yea just look for Lupin with the red jackey, might be walking around witha female squall

inuashley
01-23-2006, 09:58 PM
You can join me and my group of Bleach and Naruto cosplayers^^ I will be dressed as Hitsugaya(Bleach) on Friday and Sunday,and Sakura(Naruto) on Saturday.

Randomshagz
01-24-2006, 02:15 PM
you got myspace?

myspace.com/randomshagz

Jinyo
01-24-2006, 03:20 PM
You've met me before, at E3!
I will be there all three days with my friends. Jaina Solo is a big Kenshin head, and will probably talk your scar off about it! We'll be at the Fruits Basket gathering, then I'll probably be at the Bleach gathering and dressed as Ishida for the rest of the day.

Quarla
01-25-2006, 02:41 AM
You've met me before, at E3!
I will be there all three days with my friends. Jaina Solo is a big Kenshin head, and will probably talk your scar off about it! We'll be at the Fruits Basket gathering, then I'll probably be at the Bleach gathering and dressed as Ishida for the rest of the day.

Oooh, did you really? While I was baking in my yoshi costume? XD That was so much fun though. I just wish I got to float around E3 a bit more but it was so big and one day sooo wasn't enough. I look forward to saying hi again and I have been hoping to meet up with Jaina and what not being she's a fellow Kenshin cosplayer.

Friendly Suggestion: "Rent-a-Friend" while a cute idea, gives people the impression that your friendship is a comodity to be bought. This is a horrible concept. It's not demand and supply, after all. You should think about that in the future when you title your threads. ^_^

Woah woah.. that came off as a tad harsh. I'm a playful person, I make jokes. That was a joke if you didn't notice by the actual content of my post where I talked about making new friends and there was absolutely nothing about purchasing my friendship or anyone elses in any way. I've never heard of anyone actually renting friendship before and I'm not sure how to take your reply. I'll admit to be quite taken back by it though. No one else voiced any sort of apal at the title though seeing as how it was just a silly little title meant to catch people's attention and get them to read my plight. If no one had replied I would have bounced around and bugged people at the con regardless but at least this way I might have a few who are keeping an eye out for me and I /might/ be able to form some more cosplay buddies. After all... isn't that what cons and expos are for? Dressing up and making new friends? Sorry if my silly title offened you in any way but I don't think I'd go back and change it if I had the opertunity. If you knew me, you'd understand.

Jinyo
01-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Oooh, did you really? While I was baking in my yoshi costume? XD That was so much fun though. I just wish I got to float around E3 a bit more but it was so big and one day sooo wasn't enough. I look forward to saying hi again and I have been hoping to meet up with Jaina and what not being she's a fellow Kenshin cosplayer.
Actually it was at the after-party, the one with the swimming pool with all those balls in it. I was Sub-Zero and you were Novice (I think?)
I have pics from it (http://www.jinyo.net/album/), click the "E3/Ziff-Davis" logo at the right.

Quarla
01-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Actually it was at the after-party, the one with the swimming pool with all those balls in it. I was Sub-Zero and you were Novice (I think?)
I have pics from it (http://www.jinyo.net/album/), click the "E3/Ziff-Davis" logo at the right.

Oooh. The Sub-Zero! I remember you. XD You were cool. And guess you didn't get to see me bake. Just got to see me wander in my Super Novice. That was an interesting nerd party I have to say. Definitely say hi to me on Friday if you spot me!

Quarla
01-25-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry that sounded harsh. It as never my intention at all. I'm sure, if I knew you, I'd know the difference.

The thing is, when you're on a forum like Cosplay.com, you get a lot of Emo kids who want attention and use said tactics like that to grab people's attention. Upon reading your post, I saw this wasn't the case with you. But others who are tired of dealing with Emo people may get turned off by the title and not even bother. I really only wanted to help. Sorry if I came off mean. I'd like be your friend.

Hmm.. That's okay. Just was kinda surprising is all to get that sorta reply. o.o;; I know the whole 'emo kid' tactic.. but that's not what I was pulling. Just kinda a shout out to see if anyone wanted to meet someone new. I'm no kid.. I may look like a little 16 year old--my pictures make me look like I'm 12 or something when I'm really 23 *sobs*-- but I'm not. XD No worries. If you see me, say hi. And you'll see I'm just a silly person like that.

Firestar
01-27-2006, 03:02 AM
too bad you werent going saturday.
im pretty much gunna be in the same boat as you for saturday.
i know basically no one who's going.
unless one of the two people that might be going end up getting a ride.

stefaniecat
01-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Better late response than never, right?

If you find the Black Mage and White Mage couple wandering about today... that's my boyfriend and myself. You're welcome to come and hang with us as well.

Reno_kun
01-30-2006, 03:05 AM
I was super nice meeting you, and I hope to see you again one day, feel free to Pm me or IM me on aim ^^

Sonsko-chan
02-01-2006, 12:58 AM
I met a bunch of you. And at Quarla, I was the reheaded girl with her brother on Friday.

Christophe
02-01-2006, 02:10 AM
It was great seeing you again, as short as it was! ::hug:: I hope you had a great time at the con. Friday was one of the better days (Saturday was too crowded, Sunday was kinda dead). Hope you can make it to E3 again this year for more DDR fun :D

Daosh R
02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
It was cool hanging with you! It was so much fun going to In'n out in costume and seeing all the stares! O_O

Sonsko-chan
02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
It was cool hanging with you! It was so much fun going to In'n out in costume and seeing all the stares! O_O
That would've been fun...I had my mom bring me In N Out..Which one did you go to? Was it..uhh...off Sherman Way?

Daosh R
02-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Mmm..we had to drive quite a way to get there,I think it was there though. >_o??

Sonsko-chan
02-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Hee. How'd you find out about ze In N Out?

Daosh R
02-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Well some of our friends wanted to go so my friend Kanru and I just went along. ^^;

Sonsko-chan
02-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Ah...okay.=]

'Cause we told some cosplayers where it was when they asked..
My mom brought some! Squiee!