PDA

View Full Version : Anime Vegas?

Pages : [1] 2

Curucar
01-22-2006, 01:41 PM
I've been interested in going to this con for several years now, and started thinking about finally going this year. So I check the cons date list here and find that it's not listed; they've disabled everything on their homepage as well. Does anybody know if it'll be happening 2006?

Natchan
01-23-2006, 01:42 AM
As far as I know it will be held, they just don't know when yet! It was soooo sucessful last year that I couldn't see them not continuing it! You really should go by the way, its super fun! :japan:

jinnai
01-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Planning is underway already. Stay Tuned!

dark_mousy
01-24-2006, 11:50 PM
It's growing, and pretty fast! The first year was pretty small, but last year it was so much bigger! You should definatly go. It was great.

The reason nothing is posted is nothing is probably finalized (as stated before, it was so successful it would be hard to believe they didn't do it this year too). Anime Expo is like, I believe the largest convention in the world, but it tkaes them forever to start posting things on the website aside from the dates. Like right now, there is nothing, and the convention is in July. don't stress, things will be posted soon.

jinnai
01-25-2006, 04:55 AM
The fandom is growing in Las Vegas. Almost every weekend, there is some anime-related event for the local anime fans to go to...wether it's going to Chibi Club anime trivia/cosplay at the mall (20+ people attend) or attending anime vegas' anime screenings (100-200 people attend), and J-Team's meetups (20+ people attend).

Funny, being an anime fan has made me more social in LV...hehe.

Sir_Integra
02-17-2006, 05:47 AM
The convention is Sep. 2-4 They have the site fixed I beleive...and I am so going again...went last year and debued my Integra and got back some good feed back....this years will be better how ever...new wig and new suite...possiblly two ;) So look for me as I'm sure I will look for you all...

Katie-chan
02-18-2006, 01:51 PM
I went last year and so plan to go again this year. I'll be wearing more of my cosplay costume this year. I was tired and didn't want to wear anye but my last min Edward one.

Sorahana
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
I might be going *gasp*. Wow....if I do end up going, going to be my first West Coast-ish con XD.

wingzero1919
04-22-2006, 08:50 PM
I will be attending this year & this will be my first West Coast con as well.

OoTLink
04-25-2006, 08:39 PM
I gotta go to this one this time around lol. I keep saying that, but this time if I don't go, well, I won't be in Vegas, and that means I still won't be in college.

This is gonna be weird :) Still looking forward to this con (or one of the vegas cons, once I'm there to stay)

Sir_Integra
05-01-2006, 09:59 AM
WOOT! More people...And Wingzero I'm so gonna look for you!

wingzero1919
05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
WOOT! More people...And Wingzero I'm so gonna look for you!

Awesome! I will have to look for you too ^_^

nuclear banana
05-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Oh, that's comforting. I'm new to anime cons and cosplaying, but I'll be moving to Henderson, NV in a couple weeks, so I was disapointed when I checked the list of conventions and there weren't any listed that would be very close to me. So anyway, I'll probably be there, unless I end up totally poor or swamped with school or something.

Northern
05-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Gah! I cant go, AGAIN. It conflicts with CNAnime :bigcry: I really wanted to go this year too, So dissapointed.

Sir_Integra
06-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Dude...i will probably go....but my ex roomie wants me to go to the one up in Portland which is at the same time! I don't think I'll have the money to go and personally I'd rather go to the one in Vegas...I can go see her later....

jinnai
06-03-2006, 04:16 AM
This is Anime Vegas....Las Vegas as in... Las Vegas,NV....not Las Vegas,NM.

Located 5 min from Fremont Street Experience and 15 min driving distance from the Vegas Strip...

Anime Vegas - the real reason you came to Vegas! LOL

dark_mousy
07-12-2006, 04:44 AM
This thread is so inactive. Uhm.... Topic topic topic.. What's everone cosplaying? xDD;

Natchan
07-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Woohoo! I'm totally going, and I'm bringin a whole bus loadof people! I'm so totally excited, I'm going to be in an Ouran Highschool Host Club (Haruhi) group, and Hellsing (Sir Integra)! Yay!

dark_mousy
07-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Where is the busload coming from? :3

Natchan
07-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Where is the busload coming from? :3
Our bus load is coming from St.George Utah! just a couple hours north! Its just a handfull of kids from the local Anime Club that I run!

Puppettron2000
07-20-2006, 10:46 PM
I'll prolly go, ... by myself.. :lost:

Yeah.. none of my geek friends can come out to Las Vegas :untrust: (arseholes are just gonna play counter strike or something)

I'll be the terrible terrible man-dejiko so if you see me say hi!:geek:

Excalibir25
07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
SO far i'm planning on going, a friend and myself.. so.. ^_^

SO far i'm planning as going as Pre-Bankai Ichigo, and a original cosplay of a shinigami. but thigns can change.. ^_^

wingzero1919
07-25-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm pretty sure I am still going, & the cosplays I will be bringing are : Kouga (Inuyasha), Kiba (Naruto), & #66 Barry the Chopper (FMA)

Natchan
07-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Are there any other Hellsing cosplayers going day 2 that would like to make a gathering?! Because we're going to have an Alucard, Integra, Walter (Old & young possibly), Seras (Blue & Blood), and Heinkl.

We would love to meet and get photots with other hellsing cosplayers!

I_Schrodinger
07-26-2006, 04:36 AM
I'm totally excited to go!!! It's going to be my first con! ^_^

Sirhc
07-26-2006, 04:09 PM
look foward to seeing everyone there.

on a note, if you are planning on attending, Saturday appears to be when a "square enix" gathering will take place. it was final fantasy, though since kingdom hearts people will be there i thought it best if any square game show up. KH, KH2, Grandia series, and of course anything FF related.

in theory also, on sunday for anime vegas i will finally have my second cosplay finished.

of course thats all theoritical.

Demenita
07-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey guy's I'm going with a smal group to AV and we will be going as Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and eather Final Fantasy:Advent Children or Naruto. Eny one want to join our small group???

dark_mousy
07-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Am I the only one this isn't a first for? xD; AWWWEEE COSPLAY N00BS HOW CUTE. >:3

Ok ok, but yeah, how long has everyone else been going to cons/cosplaying?

I haven't been for too long, although it feels like it has been. I've been cosplaying since '03. So far I've gone to a grand total of 7, and after next week it'll be 8. Yes~ total carnage. I love conventions. They make my life complete. <3 Can't wait til next year, 18 means I can go to that many more cons.

Oh man, I sound like a total dweeb. =D alas my dorkism makes me happy.

dark_mousy
07-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Ooh also. Not sure who will see this on such short notice!

What: Animevegas 2006 Live action Commercial
shooting.

When: Saturday 7/29 starting at 11 AM in the
lecture room at the Spring Valley Library. (4280
South Jones Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89103) then we
will change some venues so those with their own
transportation are encouraged. We hope to wrap the
final shot by 7PM, but if you cant stay all day
that's ok.

Why: We're doing something different and shooting
our own live action commercial for this year's
convention. Tomorrow.

Bring you best costume with you tomorrow to the
library and we'll debrief you on the plan for the
day. If you want to participate and don't have a
costume come on out because we can use you too! We
need costumed and just regular clothed people for
the commercial.

There are no lines to remember, so it should be
really easy and you can show your friends the
commercial you are in. Our last shot of the day
will be at Alternate Reality Comics on Maryland
Parkway by UNLV, so people with their own
transportation would really come in handy.. but if
you can get to the library and don't mind walking
over to nearby park for shooting and have to split
after that you can still be in the piece.

Once again.. we are looking for people in and out
of costume, so you EGL, Jrock and Visual Kei-ers
are included as well. Bring your props! Wear your
anime merchandise! JUST COME HELP US OUT!

Sorry for such short notice, but this is guerilla
filmmaking at it's finest! If you need more info
about this check out the front page of LVO or the
thread in the forums or feel free to shoot an
email to emailotron@lasvegasotaku.org.

See You tomorrow!(hopefully)
-Ganguro

Is anyone going? I'd like to but I might not have time tomorrow. Ugh. Still, thinking about trying to skip out on plans I had and go.

Ganguro
07-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey guys and gals.. this is Ganguro the Gaming Director for AnimeVegas as well as Las Vegas Otaku Founder and President.
Sorry for such short notice, but we had some suden plan changes that require us to act NOW versus our original plans..
Ahhh..working on a shoestring budget at a moment's notice is fun!

Once again.. we are looking for people in and out of costume, So if your costume is too complicated to wear out tomorrow, no worries.. JUST COME HELP US OUT!
Once again.. sorry for the short notice..and if you have more questions feel free check out http://www.lasvegasotaku.org for details. You can also contact me directly by emailing emailotron@lasvegasotaku.org.

P.s. Thanks Mousy!

White Mushroom
07-28-2006, 11:11 PM
I'll try to make it!!!!!!! Hmmm what outfit should i do though, eboshi or my skullkid?

dark_mousy
07-29-2006, 01:01 AM
Hey guys and gals.. this is Ganguro the Gaming Director for AnimeVegas as well as Las Vegas Otaku Founder and President.
Sorry for such short notice, but we had some suden plan changes that require us to act NOW versus our original plans..
Ahhh..working on a shoestring budget at a moment's notice is fun!

Once again.. we are looking for people in and out of costume, So if your costume is too complicated to wear out tomorrow, no worries.. JUST COME HELP US OUT!
Once again.. sorry for the short notice..and if you have more questions feel free check out http://www.lasvegasotaku.org for details. You can also contact me directly by emailing emailotron@lasvegasotaku.org.

P.s. Thanks Mousy!

No prob! Sorry I beat you to it! <3 I didn't see anything here though, figured I'd spread the word. I'll try to make it, btw. ^_^; If not, hope there is a good outcome, goodluck. <3

I am curious though, are you guys going to do this again and make a commercial next year? I really want to go! But not sure if I can make it. :3

Ganguro
07-29-2006, 01:22 AM
It's a little early to say if we're shooting commercials for next year.. we have to get this one in the can first!

White mushroom..wear whatever is the most comfortable and easiest to transport. we're going to need the bulk of people for an inside and outside shot so i'd keep that in mind when making a selection.

See you guys in a couple of hours!

dark_mousy
07-29-2006, 01:39 AM
xDD Yeah that's true. -hand smack head-

Ganguro
07-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone who came out.. we have a rough cut of the commercial done already. Since we are submitting multiple commercials to the cable comany this week there isnt as much as a rush to get this one on air as we thought. We should have it finished up wednesday, with the 30 second spot airing on TV and the frfriggin 3 minute long magnum opus spot on the internet. Myspace, cosworx, here, youtube, aimevegas.com, lasvegasotaku.org, livejournal, etc..etc...

So thanks again for coming out and helping us in our time of need!

Natchan
07-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Am I the only one this isn't a first for? xD; AWWWEEE COSPLAY N00BS HOW CUTE. >:3

Ok ok, but yeah, how long has everyone else been going to cons/cosplaying?

I haven't been for too long, although it feels like it has been. I've been cosplaying since '03. So far I've gone to a grand total of 7, and after next week it'll be 8. Yes~ total carnage. I love conventions. They make my life complete. <3 Can't wait til next year, 18 means I can go to that many more cons.

Oh man, I sound like a total dweeb. =D alas my dorkism makes me happy.

Well this certainly isn't my first con, infact its my 6th! I've been going to Anime Vegas since year 1! And cosplaying in general since 2000!

Oh man I wished I could have come to the commercial shooting, but I had a crazy weekend! Oh well, three cheers for those of you who made it!

Ganguro
07-31-2006, 11:05 PM
We have the rough cut of the live commercial done, but in a suprise to everyone.. we've got the first animated spot up online already. Feel free to crosspost it EVERYWHERE..and let me know what you guys think!

Animevegas 2006 Animated Spot (http://www.youtube.com/v/1YV43nVutVg)

Seeya in September!

Natchan
08-02-2006, 08:09 PM
This is in a month, and I'm itching to see who else is coming!

dark_mousy
08-03-2006, 02:57 AM
I wanted to go so bad! Dx that was the only day I lacked a car too because it was in the shop so I couldn't get there. T^T So sad.

Anyways, can't wait to see it.

Earthbounder
08-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I just now noticed that the AV section was in other x_X; Oh well, I guess it doesn't get it's only precious little spot on the main page, makes me sad.

Still, I'll be attending AV this year bringing along my Smoker costume, possibly Hughes, and also 2 new ones of Akira from DDR and Kakashi from Naruto.

Hopefully I'll get the opprotunity to meet you all there at some point during the con n_n!

Ganguro
08-04-2006, 07:13 PM
The second commercial is up now!

This is the "on air" edit of the live action commercial that will play on TV all this month. A longer version will be on Animevegas.com next week, and the "super cracked out edit" will be on lasvegasotaku.org in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll show some behind the scenes and bloopers at the con!

Click here for great justice! (http://www.youtube.com/v/BXIx_MnoUak)

Remember....CROSSPOST IT EVERYWHERE, Help spread the word!

Special thanks to Alternate Reality Comics and Cosworx for their time and materials!

AnimeJ
08-07-2006, 05:13 AM
I am so going! xD I mean, i was even in the commercial...not to mention the whole staff thing...see you guys there.

PS. Visit the screening room!

AnimeJ
08-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Today, Kouta Hirano, creator of Hellsing, was announced as a Guest of Honor for Anime Vegas 2006. ^____^ Thought you'd like to know~!

jinnai
08-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Artists Higuchi Makiko, Miami, Samurai Delicatessen, Stephanie Yanez and hidden artist DJ Jinnai (me) will be there.

BlueMew
08-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Due to recent developments, I'm headed to Anime Vegas. I'm bringing my Archbishop Enrico Maxwell and Fem!Rico. *grin*

Ganguro
08-09-2006, 10:38 PM
yeeeah.. official press releases will go out tomorrow.. but the unofficial one goes a little something like this...
*ahem*

Direct From Japan we have two Very special guests Kouta Hirano the creator of Helsing, and also Hideyuki Kurata creator of Read or Die! We are very excited to have these esteemed guests to our event and encourage you to take this opportunity to meet them in such an intimate setting. There are no conventions in the U.S. that offer such close interaction with it's guests, so be sure to pre-register ASAP!

In addition to our esteemed Guests of Honor we have the following voice actors and stateside talent: Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, Johnny Yong Bosch, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Quiton Flynn, Sandy Fox, Jerry Jewell, Jonathan Klein, Lex Lang, Dominique Martinez, Rich McNanna, Mike McFarland, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Jeff Nimoy, Jennifer Sekiguchi, Michael Sinterniklaas, Sonny Strait, recording artist Stephanie Yanez and Jim "Gozer" Yee!

In addition to our regular panels, guest signings, cosplay competition and masquerade, we are trying something different with the inclusion of live musical performances by several japanese bands and musicians.

With help from Japanfiles.com we have several performances lined up throughout the weekend. You'll be hearing from Makiko Higuchi, Miami, and Samurai Delicatessen. Also don't miss the dance hosted by our very own DJ Jinnai at the end of the first day of the convention!

Our dealer's room is packed with dealers offering unique opportunities for you to empty your wallets, in addition to hosting our Ghibli movie poster exhibition. We've also expanded our Artist's Alley to showcase more local and regional talent than ever before!

We have a lot planned to keep our attendees happy and we look forward to another great year of memories made at ANIMEVEGAS!

Natchan
08-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Oh, I'm excited... Kouta Hirano... need I say more!?

Sir_Integra
08-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Saw him at Otakon....will see him again in Vegas! YAY! And trying to orginize a Hellsing fan panel....so...this should be fun indeed!

Sir_Integra
08-10-2006, 03:46 AM
Oh....and will we have enough people for a "Hellsing Photo Shoot"?

Usachan
08-10-2006, 10:47 AM
I wish I could...I saw on the guest list that Kouta, Hirano was
going to be there and I have tons of Hellsing questions to ask
him. I met Johnny Yong Bosch and he's a ton of fun and loves
to spill out 'old' Power Ranger days, but don't forget to ask him
to morph, he might just do it in a way you won't ever forget. ^_~

Hellsing Agent
08-10-2006, 11:36 AM

Count me in; still deciding if the coffin is coming, but I'm thinking yes. Just have to get my hub Danny, luggage and myself in the car 1st!

Shout-out to Hellsing cosplayers for Vegas: Who's there?

Amy B.

Natchan
08-10-2006, 12:36 PM

Yes this what I wanted to hear! I've got 7 Hellsing cosplayers depending on the day! I'm in, yes deffinately count me in!

Sir_Integra
08-10-2006, 04:08 PM
sweet.....ok then....There will be a Hellsing Photo Shoot....Hellsing Agent....Since Vegas is also in your back yard, any idea for a place to have it? Theres a niffty grave yeard just down the street from the con.

(I should know because I had my crew get off the city bus to early and we had to walk the rest of the way....*blush*)

HelenaInvictus
08-10-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm plotting attendance, but that will depend on if I get Labor Day off amongst other things. MOOHAHA.

This is going to be awesome, though I must say, sadly, Vlad will not be in attendance, look for him at Ohayocon instead!

Assassins Inc.
08-10-2006, 04:33 PM
[Post deleted for private reasons.]

Natchan
08-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Yay look at the Hellsing people coming! I'm soooooo excited that I get to meet all you great people now!

BlueMew
08-10-2006, 07:04 PM
I think there will be enough of us for a Hellsing photoshoot. *gleam*

Already bought my plane tix and registered.... and this will be only my second trip out west ever... *nervous*

Assassins Inc.
08-10-2006, 07:27 PM

BlueMew
08-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Well, for me, it's kind of funny.... I sat behind my computer screen talking all high and mighty about "oh, plane travel is FUN" to Sir_Integra to get her to come out to Otakon... and now that the tables have turned and I'm headed out to Vegas.... I'm dreading a 4 hour flight and lugging costumes in a suitcase. LOL.

(because it's not like work has NEVER sent me on an 8 or so hour flight to Frankfurt. Or Amsterdam. Or Prague. Or on a plane immediately after a terrorist incident... argh)

Assassins Inc.
08-10-2006, 07:35 PM

HelenaInvictus
08-10-2006, 07:48 PM
You can bring water on board. You just have to buy it from the stores past the security check points.

BlueMew
08-10-2006, 08:00 PM
It's more of the OMG VEGAS factor than the OMG PLANE factor.

Because I flew in September 2001. Both before and after 9/11. So that doesn't scare me.

Natchan
08-10-2006, 08:04 PM
It'll be great! No sweat right? It couldn't possibly be any different from any where else big you've been. Maybe alittle brighter at night, and more ways to loose money but other than that, not really. :)

HelenaInvictus
08-10-2006, 08:29 PM
I figure it's safer after something like this than before.

missrelena
08-10-2006, 08:32 PM
I totally agree. People are more likely to travel safely immediately after a scare like this. The tighter restrictions are a pain, but it's better than blowing up. Think of all the anime coolness you'd miss being dead. (And as much as we might wish, reconstituting yourself like Alucard does is not an option in most cases)

I'm so glad natchan and I can just drive! Yay! (I'll be the Heinkle in her group)

BlueMew
08-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Actually, I blame Sir_Integra for my paranoia.

;_;

BlueMew
08-10-2006, 08:34 PM
And woo! Representin' Iscariot!

missrelena
08-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Yay for Iscariot! Wish we didn't all die! :Spoiler, just highlight it, sorry.: Glad I won't be the only one there! Hooray!

Natchan
08-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Yay Missrelena joinin the Hellsing side of cosplay! Welcome to the group! Heh your avatar must feel a little out of sorts on this page!

missrelena
08-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Yay Missrelena joinin the Hellsing side of cosplay! Welcome to the group! Heh your avatar must feel a little out of sorts on this page!
Yeah, well . . . I'm working on it. I'm sewing all YOUR costumes currently. Maybe after I get all that finished I can change my avatar to something a little more cool.

Natchan
08-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah well I made my Integra... mostly! And you didn't make my ugly sweater! So there, HA!

missrelena
08-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah well I made my Integra... mostly! And you didn't make my ugly sweater! So there, HA!
Keep that up and I won't sew your awsome white trenchcoat. So there!

Natchan
08-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Quite you! Thats not nice, you know I can't make that coat by myself!

missrelena
08-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Okay, I the spirit of the Hellsing gathering and photo shoot at Anime Vegas, I forgive you and will still make your coat.

Assassins Inc.
08-10-2006, 09:02 PM

BlueMew
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
So when do we want to do this photoshoot? After Otakon's craziness, might I suggest whatever day is NOT the Hirano panel?

HelenaInvictus
08-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Word

Hellsing Agent
08-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Hellsing Agent....Since Vegas is also in your back yard, any idea for a place to have it? Theres a niffty grave yeard just down the street from the con.

(I should know because I had my crew get off the city bus to early and we had to walk the rest of the way....*blush*)

Your Vegas location skills surpass my own; sorry if I misled but I consider anything I can drive to in 5-6 hours (from Los Angeles) to be almost my backyard! Last time I was there was in March but spent most of my time at a convention for work.

As long as we can still do signings/panels re: Hirano-sensei & Hellsing, I'll follow your lead. Amy B.

dark_mousy
08-10-2006, 11:58 PM
yeeeah.. official press releases will go out tomorrow.. but the unofficial one goes a little something like this...
*ahem*

Direct From Japan we have two Very special guests Kouta Hirano the creator of Helsing, and also Hideyuki Kurata creator of Read or Die! We are very excited to have these esteemed guests to our event and encourage you to take this opportunity to meet them in such an intimate setting. There are no conventions in the U.S. that offer such close interaction with it's guests, so be sure to pre-register ASAP!

In addition to our esteemed Guests of Honor we have the following voice actors and stateside talent: Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, Johnny Yong Bosch, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Quiton Flynn, Sandy Fox, Jerry Jewell, Jonathan Klein, Lex Lang, Dominique Martinez, Rich McNanna, Mike McFarland, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Jeff Nimoy, Jennifer Sekiguchi, Michael Sinterniklaas, Sonny Strait, recording artist Stephanie Yanez and Jim "Gozer" Yee!

In addition to our regular panels, guest signings, cosplay competition and masquerade, we are trying something different with the inclusion of live musical performances by several japanese bands and musicians.

With help from Japanfiles.com we have several performances lined up throughout the weekend. You'll be hearing from Makiko Higuchi, Miami, and Samurai Delicatessen. Also don't miss the dance hosted by our very own DJ Jinnai at the end of the first day of the convention!

Our dealer's room is packed with dealers offering unique opportunities for you to empty your wallets, in addition to hosting our Ghibli movie poster exhibition. We've also expanded our Artist's Alley to showcase more local and regional talent than ever before!

We have a lot planned to keep our attendees happy and we look forward to another great year of memories made at ANIMEVEGAS!

!!!! I am SO impressed with the guest lineup this year. Wow. GREAT JOB RICH AND AV STAFF. O_O;

Sir_Integra
08-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Ok....choices then...the grave yard....A spiffy casino (which we can discuss if that pleases everyone), or the convention.

Now me being the way I am and a HUGE perfectionist...I want something good...and the convention just doesn't cut it. The Venician is nice....Excalaber has a nice "Knight" theme which would probably play up nicely....Or total randomness because I love the place, The Luxor...lol. OR...Mandalay Bay is classy as well....I'll have to think more on casino locations....assuming everyone would be able to make it...

The Grave Yard was nice from what I remember...I'd honestly like to do that near night fall, but seeing as how camera's are peices of shit and can't do what my mind wishes them to do....during the day would have to suffice if that was the popular vote. Hmm...and I'm thinking, since Hirano stalked us all at Otakon, that does give a perk to the Convention center....perhaps theres good places there....

I live an hour away which is why planning for this has beenleft up to me...but Mish is doing room...so THANK YOU! *huggles* People will have to sit on the floor and it's close enough that once I can get a full count of bodies...we might still be able to get a second room for them if we must.

*still in uber plan mode*

Ganguro
08-11-2006, 02:06 AM
hey guys and gals.. you know we have a block of rooms at the Sahara hotel at discounted rates.. Check the con page for details on how to secure said rates, but that will definately help out considering it's a holiday weekend.
URL: http://www.animevegas.com

Oh, and I'm not sure sure that you cantake pictures in costume inside the casinos w/o raising the ever watchful eye of security..but hell.. it's worth a try.
Mandalay bay, Venitian and Desert Passage at the alladin/Planet Hollywood might work well for various Helsing themed shots.

Also, if you have your own transportation.. for 5 bucks you guys could go up to Redrock and take pictures there..the view is beautiful!

OoTLink
08-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Zeeky boogy doog.

I'm in Vegas now (woohoo) but prolly won't be here for AV ( I WISH! )

Oh well, the good thing is there's mini cons in between... er.. right? :D yay!

Sir_Integra
08-11-2006, 03:40 AM
The costumes aren't anything over the top enough to raise many questions....and if they have a problem...we'll explain. No one will be armed so they shouldn't complain. lol

Assassins Inc.
08-11-2006, 09:36 AM

HelenaInvictus
08-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Photo shoots and Hirano are what this convention is all about. MOOhaha

BlueMew
08-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Well, how many costumes are you all bringing (Hellsing-ers?)

HelenaInvictus
08-11-2006, 11:23 AM
2 for me. Girlycard is a no since the wig won't fit under my hair.

I think Mitts wants to come to AV.

BlueMew
08-11-2006, 11:28 AM
2 for me. Girlycard is a no since the wig won't fit under my hair.

I think Mitts wants to come to AV.

So I've seen in his LJ.

That would seriously pwn to have Hirano, Mitts, and ROD-Man at the con.

Assassins Inc.
08-11-2006, 11:59 AM

Natchan
08-11-2006, 12:02 PM
The Grave Yard was nice from what I remember...I'd honestly like to do that near night fall, but seeing as how camera's are peices of shit and can't do what my mind wishes them to do....during the day would have to suffice if that was the popular vote. Hmm...and I'm thinking, since Hirano stalked us all at Otakon, that does give a perk to the Convention center....perhaps theres good places there....

*still in uber plan mode*

Well my group, being as they are I think would vote mostly for the convention center. Once most of us are at our destination we like to stay the whole day. But I've been to the convention center before, and If I remember correctly there are some fine places for a photo shoot. I remember that the main hall near the theater on the other side of the building was usually empty and pretty nice. But there are a few locations there that we can look at, not to mention that Hirano will be in that building, what would happen if he suddenly found us and wanted to be in our photo shoot!? That would be awsome! (dreaming but awsome!)

Thats my imput for the moment!

Sir_Integra
08-11-2006, 01:17 PM
There are places in the Excalaber that aren't bright and cheery and they've remodled the Treasure island....THe Ballagio would be interesting....The Ventician would also be a good spot.

And if we did the convention, if they would allow, the theater rat in me would find it interesting for Hellsing "Stage rats". From what I remember, there theater is pretty nice and it's big......

Assassins Inc.
08-11-2006, 01:43 PM

Sirhc
08-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Sir Integra, did you guys decide on a time/day for your gathering (sorry if i missed it, but i couldn't find where it was located in this thread.)

on the AnimeVegas forums, there is also talk of:
bleach
Naruto
Square Enix (saturday)
DDR

for cosplay gatherings (there are a couple others listed, but the 4 above seem to have some interest). and i wouldn't want anyone to miss out seeing you guys in costume or if they wanted to participate in multiple cosplay photoshoots. its a small con so there is no reason that everyone who is interested in cosplay couldn't attend and get photos of every cosplay gathering.

the only one that i could find a fairly certian date for was the Square Enix which looks to be on saturday, though no time is set yet. (i will go nag some people to see if any of these are still going on and what is really going to happen)

if anyone here is on the AV forums and you know who is putting togeather the cosplay gatherings and there is a time and date decided then please post.

i don't believe there is anyone who is coordinating the cosplay officially, but since its a small con i'm sure we can all easily work togeather.

less than 1 month away, look foward to seeing everyone there.

p.s. assassins's inc. i wouldn't be entirely sad if you brough along your reno and elena cosplay just for fun ;) though i will have to say that your black fungus/white mushroom costumes are probably one of my favorite (got to see it at anizona) the square enix gathering is set for saturday after all.

as a note: i believe the masquerade is sunday, so if that makes a difference.

Assassins Inc.
08-11-2006, 01:50 PM

Natchan
08-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Natchan-- we could always do a shoot at the con and a scenic photo shoot later for those that want to venture outside the convention center.

-Jacqueline

Assassins Inc.- Well thats a great idea, why didn't I think of that. I might be able to join, for the scenic ones, but I'm the driver for a couple of the days. The first day I'm stuck on a bus with my club, so if we did it on day one, then I'm stuck at the convention center! Day 2 I'm a little careful about because I'm competing in the Masqurade, but day 3 I'm really stretchy about!

BlueMew- I'm bringing my one currently only Integra w/ white trench coat! But depending on the day I have an Alucard, Young and Old Walter, Series and Blood Seras, and a Heinkle coming with me!

missrelena
08-11-2006, 02:46 PM
The Belagio (sp?) casino has a botanical atrium that has millions of live flowers in it, and they couldn't care less who takes pictures in there. (I know because I've done it.) I know the flowers aren't exactly gothic or anything, but there is also a grand staircase in there, as well as marble banches and mosaics. It's also open 24/7. Just a suggestion for an easy-to-find photo shoot location.

Natchan
08-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Yes, that sounds like a great scenic location! The question I have is what day are we all thinking about, because Monday is the best day for my car load! Anytime on that day even, no problems! Anyone else think that'd be a great day? I mean the only thing I'd really want to attend that day is closing ceremonies. :)

Oh yeah slightly off subjet but if Hellsing have time to check out my Wlater thread I'd greatly appreciate it!http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=89802

Tenshi
08-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Hmm. . .Not checking these boards as often as I used to do has made me completely miss this thread ^^;;.

Anyways, I'm one of the cosplay directors for the con. (And have been since the start! Whoo!) Just so you know, the photo area will be returning, but it will be upstairs in room 203 instead of in the dealer's room. Right now we're leaning towards black as the background color this year, but if any of you have a better idea I'd love to hear it.

There will be a cosplay panel on Saturday hosted by myself and my co-director, Robbie. I have not set an agenda for it yet, so once again let me know your thoughts! I'm willing to talk about anything as long as it isn't wig styling or armor (my weak points ^^;; ). I REALLY like to talk about fabric painting, but do you think that's too specialized a topic?

As for the Masquerade. . .once again, we have the theatre! Bring out your best and brightest acts and costumes. Signups will take place all day Saturday in room 203, and the Masquerade will be on Sunday night. When you sign up, be prepared with your recordings, because there will only be one mike available on stage. More rules and information can be found on the main Anime Vegas page.

If you have any other questions or concerns, you can post here, PM me, or email me at avcosplay@interstellar-beams.net . I look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!

BlueMew
08-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Assassins- nice to meet you. :) Yep, I'm staying with Mish, since Mish is made of pwnage.

As to the time of the photoshoot, I don't think we've actually picked a time for the Hellsing shoot. It's more or less going to NOT coincide with Hirano's panel.

Hellsing Agent
08-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Until the Con Schedule is posted, deciding ahead on photo time will remain tricky, but go for it and we can hopefully all remain in-touch if a shift is necessary.

I'm liking the Bellagio idea; there is a faux-banyon tree in the atrium that looks kind of creepy & swampy.

Danny and I are at the Best Western across from the Con, so local to things this time (unlike my being housed miles away for Otakon!). Also will have our car.

Thinking out loud: I wonder if Hirano-sensei chose Vegas because it's a more intimate event after the run-around at Otakon? (plus it IS Vegas/Sin City!)

Amy B.

(Costumes for me: Alucard w/coffin, perhaps also w/PJ's? :rolleyes: )

BlueMew
08-12-2006, 10:12 AM
AV is an odd con for him to go to, but he IS promoting the OVA.... so yeah.

Let's just be thankful he's in the US twice in a year. :)

Natchan
08-13-2006, 02:12 AM
[QUOTE=Tenshi]

There will be a cosplay panel on Saturday hosted by myself and my co-director, Robbie. I have not set an agenda for it yet, so once again let me know your thoughts! I'm willing to talk about anything as long as it isn't wig styling or armor (my weak points ^^;; ). I REALLY like to talk about fabric painting, but do you think that's too specialized a topic?

I think fabric painting would be a great topic, but I am wondering, how are you with shoes? I know a ton of people who have the hardest time with shoes!

I'm totally excited for the Masquarade again this year! I had so much fun working with you last year. (I was in the Fruits Basket group, I was Kagura)
We'll see you at the con!

Sir_Integra
08-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Perhaps we can just walk the strip and take random shots! lol...Or wait til a closer time and gather and post.

If they allow a Hellsing fan panel we can all discuse it then, which I'm working on as we speak.

Tenshi
08-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Natchan, I've done a lot of weird things with shoes, so I think I could go over that :).

Your skit last year was so cute! Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!

Ganguro
08-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey guys.. I'm working on updating the website this weekend since we have a bunch of new info to add and weren't 100 percent sure about our GOH's until recently. Anyway.. more features and info should be on the site by the End of the day today..and then I'll go back and clean up things that don't work (hopefully this wont take long) and add new info as it develops this week.

The site redesign is more of an infrastructure thing, but there is no time like the present to make it easier to find important info, right?

Sir_Integra
08-14-2006, 01:43 AM
I'd love to do a skit....

Natchan
08-14-2006, 02:55 AM
I know my group is planning on doing one! I think it'd be great to see more Hellsingers with skits!

Sir_Integra
08-14-2006, 06:00 AM
OH! And Assasin's Ink, I SO want pictures with the two of you! Integra, Seras, and Pip pimping it out.....lol....

And who knows...I doubt I will have a Heinkel by then, but who knows....I might luck out and finish it by then. But....again....doubt it.

HelenaInvictus
08-14-2006, 09:40 AM
I don't think I'd want to put together a skit for a convention that Hirano is going to be at. Rehearsals and all. . that's why we ended up not doing one for Otakon.

Though Ohayocon and next Otakon are definately on :P

Sir_Integra
08-14-2006, 10:02 AM
If I'm to be in said skits....send me scrips or what ever ahead of tim. Blocking will be a snap to get when I arrive. Ha ha ha ha ha (is getting sick of LOL...teehee)

HelenaInvictus
08-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Their not for sure, but I'll make a special filter on my flist on lj for people in the skits to view the scripts.

Also, we have a little something special planned for Thursday night if you get in then and if you're up to doing Heinkel. I'll fill you in on MSN, but it's going to be ORIGINAL and the first of it's kind. MOOhaha

Assassins Inc.
08-14-2006, 01:18 PM

BlueMew
08-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Qua? Skits? Good call IWF... no skit at AV. We wouldn't have most of the Flying Circus there anyway.

And really, what good is a skit without Vlad-tipping?

Natchan
08-14-2006, 01:24 PM
As far as I have experienced, the masquarade really didn't take up that much of my day last year. We had a small meeting and costume judging for about an hour, then a short rehersal and hour before the masq. I'm really hoping that it will not get in the way of my Hirano experience. Because if it did I'm afraid I might consider not competing this year. Oh well we'll seee when the schedule is finally posted!

BlueMew
08-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Because I'm too lazy to read through the first 7 pages, do we have a tentative list of Hellsing cosplayers and who they're dressing as?

Namely, do we have an Anderson?

HelenaInvictus
08-14-2006, 01:44 PM
I just figure since I'm coming to AV solely to see Hirano, there's no point in doing something that would take time away from it. Besides, to echo Mew, most of the Circus will not be in attendance. Thus no Vlad tipping.

He complained Baltimore was hot. . we should have tipped him into the harbor MOOhaha. <3 And yes, I hope there is an Anderson. I want shots of sword vs bayonets.

Tenshi
08-14-2006, 02:02 PM
If you really want to do both the Masquerade and the Hirano stuff, talk to me at the con and we'll try to work something out. We worked around some of the participants' scheduling conflicts last year, and I'm sure we can do it again :). But I totally understand your thoughts. I went through the same thing last year at Anizona with Amano ^^.

Natchan
08-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah normally I wouldn't want to do anything at a Con with Hirano presant but my group and I have been planning on our skit all year. I don't think they would appreciate it if I suddenly said "I don't want to be in the skit", being as I'm the focused character they might not take very nicely to that. Besides I would feel like a real jerk if I did that to my group. So I'll be preforming the skit as planned, and just cross my fingers that it doesn't get in the way of anything! Or I just might shoot myself!

Well as far as I have seen, there are no Andersons lined up, but hopefully they just havent' said anything and will be there anyway!

Tenshi your amazing! If anything comes up I'll deffinately be talking to you!

missrelena
08-14-2006, 02:34 PM
You bet your long blonde wig we'd be ticked, natchan. . . but at the same time, I would totally understand. He is the creator of your favorite manga of all time after all. We'll just hope that Tenshi (who is a goddess) can work out a schedule that will let us do the panels and etc as well as the masquerade. Here's a big prayer for that! :angel:

Natchan
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
*Cringe* I was afraid you'd say that. But hopefully the masq. and Hirano won't colllide at all!

MiSa0_mAkiMacHi
08-14-2006, 02:55 PM
:) I'm so happy! I finally get to go to Anime Vegas this year after years of wanting to! So yeah. just wanted to share. Haha. ^^;

So I shall see most of you there!

Sir_Integra
08-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Well...you know what...if it doesn't, not to put pressure or anything, if they have a Hellsing skit posted, he'd probably watch. lol

Natchan
08-14-2006, 08:17 PM
That would be awsome if Mr.Hirano came to watch the skits. A little intimidating, but awsome!

BlueMew
08-14-2006, 09:04 PM
He came to the fanpanel at Otakon..... (and not many people recognized him, which was hilarious)

HelenaInvictus
08-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Yup. AND to top it all off, we couldn't tell if he was one of two people so we were like WTFFFFFF.

Sir_Integra
08-15-2006, 12:55 AM
he was everywhere the Mass of hellsing fans were. lol...We don't have to stalk him....he stalks us. Which just goes to show just how humbled he must be from his success.....

Natchan
08-15-2006, 01:14 AM
Oh my goodness, I would love to be just hangin out in the hall, and then all of a sudden theres Mr.Hirano. That would be soooo cool! I can't wait I'm getting all hyper and excited about it! I have got to be the most hyper Integra in the world... oh well!

Sir_Integra
08-15-2006, 04:36 AM
If I can....I so want a picture of him lighting my cigarrett. LOL....hilarious!

HelenaInvictus
08-15-2006, 09:59 AM
That would be an awesome pose. LOL I'm sure he would do it, too, he seems really agreeable with his fans.

I really wish he would cosplay Major. Now -that- would be awesome. And we could dress up like the Integra-bunnies from that pervy doujin and glomp him.

BlueMew
08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
....Integra....bunnies.....

If you're seriously going to do that as a group, what is the costume? Srsly. I could pull off a passable Integra.

HelenaInvictus
08-15-2006, 12:15 PM
You would like it.

Basically it's a playboy bunny outfit.

Sir_Integra
08-15-2006, 12:20 PM
TeeHee! OMG...That would be Hilarious! We'd have every Alucard in the building spazing out! lol

BlueMew
08-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Except I don't have pretty legs. Therefore, gonna have to say no. ;_;

HelenaInvictus
08-15-2006, 12:32 PM
We'd have to beat them off with sticks, but then, what else is new ^_~

I think it would be great. Especially if we could get Hirano to pose with us.

dark_mousy
08-15-2006, 02:09 PM
xD Wow. This fourm is really kickin' now. Either way, I'm excited about Hirano. And he really has opened up the doors for Anime Vegas. Getting such a big name in only it's third year!! AV suprises me more and more every year! They're definatly getting AV out there and talked about.

/end my random comments

Natchan
08-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Yes draw the crowds to Anime Vegas, let it be known that small cons still have a kick to them!

BlueMew
08-15-2006, 03:35 PM
xD Wow. This fourm is really kickin' now. Either way, I'm excited about Hirano. And he really has opened up the doors for Anime Vegas. Getting such a big name in only it's third year!! AV suprises me more and more every year! They're definatly getting AV out there and talked about.

/end my random comments

Well, for me at least, I was trying to figure out a good excuse to head to Vegas anyway. :)

HelenaInvictus
08-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I hope there is time for shopping!

missrelena
08-15-2006, 04:31 PM
It's Vegas! There's always time for shopping. . . even if it's at 2am. I've been to AV every year (all 2 of them) and it gets bigger and better each year! I'm so happy that people from all over the country are coming this year! I hope they get the scedule of events and panels up soon.

Natchan
08-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Yeah a schedule of panels and events would make planning everything, including photo shoots a whole heck of a lot easier! But i can imagine its hard to plan one of these things, with last minute guests and all!

HelenaInvictus
08-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Hmm. Maybe shopping on the day we come in early. *ponders*

BlueMew
08-15-2006, 06:33 PM
....or be a dork and just GO a day earlier....

Natchan
08-15-2006, 06:53 PM
O.o thats a grand Idea, thats what I do when I'm going places anyway!

HelenaInvictus
08-15-2006, 07:06 PM
I'd miss two days of class then, instead of one and I can't do that.

Natchan
08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Oh I see, that wouldn't be good. I guess that throws the day early out the window!

missrelena
08-15-2006, 07:56 PM
I have the same problem, only with work. My boss would kill me if I took that much time off. This Heinkle really would be dead. Oh well, less shopping in Vegas means I have more money to spend in the dealers room.

BlueMew
08-15-2006, 08:10 PM
I love being my own boss..... vacations when I want them.... as much $ coming in as I feel like working for.... very good stuff.

Sir_Integra
08-15-2006, 08:27 PM
*growls and tackles Mew* I don't care what my work says....if they want me to remain happy and able to work...cons return SOME of my sanity...I insist on going.

HelenaInvictus
08-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I've taken more time off of my VISTA job than I have actually been there. And I get paid no matter what. Seriously, Americorps is the way to go.

And perhaps we should go shopping on the day we get there, Brandi has said she would take us to the Fashion Show mall. <3 And the dealer's room never has anything I want *pout* they need to get the Nipplegra and Seras statue and Bondage Young Walter and Hans.

Sir_Integra
08-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Theres only one statue of Integra I want....Mish knows what it is....all others....no....oh...wait...that new Alucard bust is nifty...the Walter one too....

HelenaInvictus
08-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Heh, yup. I got might right after we got back from Otakon. It's all shiny and unpainted ;_;

All I need now is that one assembled, painted and Alucard in his throne to sit next to her. But the Nipplegra statue is just hot so I must have that. And another Alu to balance it out, damnit. This hobby gets expensive LOL

BlueMew
08-15-2006, 09:43 PM
LOL. You collecters are weird.....

HelenaInvictus
08-15-2006, 09:58 PM
. . . we dress up as anime characters and you think collecting things is weird? LOL

CountMetal
08-15-2006, 11:20 PM
I would love to go but I doubt I will have money and time. If I did go I will cosplay as Kensou from King of Fighters, Sasuke Uchiha, Naota from FLCL, or Luffy from One Piece

Sir_Integra
08-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey Mish....anyway you could hook me up with it? And perhaps let me in on where the hell you get all this stuff? LOL...

HelenaInvictus
08-16-2006, 12:21 AM
First, you need an account at shoppingmalljapan. It will act as a proxy for buying things on yahoo japan, as those things usually only ship in Japan. Then, just search yjapan, find a statue and bid on it. Everything is in yen, of course, but paypal converts it.

Taylor found me mine <3 he is pure love.

I'm not sure on when the new ones come out or where they will be sold at *sigh* So I'm waiting for him to search and procure them for me, but when I find out, I'll let you know ^_^

Hellsing Agent
08-16-2006, 03:24 AM
First, you need an account at shoppingmalljapan. It will act as a proxy for buying things on yahoo japan, as those things usually only ship in Japan. Then, just search yjapan, find a statue and bid on it. Everything is in yen, of course, but paypal converts it. ^_^

Thanks greatly for the tip!

The horde of Helling stuff grows onward at our house as well... My hub Danny sometimes heaves a sigh over it but lets me continue collecting (he's the sweeeeetest!:) )

The latest wave of statuary to come home is the Seras statue in yellow. It was a special S.D. Comic Con exclusive in July. I've been on the hunt for Alucard reading in the tall chair & have seen two different ones so far, but none yet within my grasp.

Cool stuff a-go-go! :dance:

Amy B.

HelenaInvictus
08-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Two Alucard in the chair variants? Innnnteresting. My dad always tries to find me Hellsing kitsch when he goes to Japan, but so far nothing along the lines of what I actually want has appeared.

But yes, yjapan and ebayjapan are awesome for finding Hellsing stuff on, you just have to make sure to use the proxy. I believe you can even pay through the proxy.

BlueMew
08-16-2006, 09:59 AM
. . . we dress up as anime characters and you think collecting things is weird? LOL

Yes. Because without swag, the normals don't realize the hobby.

HelenaInvictus
08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Until they ask, "And what do you do for fun?"

And the rest of your friends just sort of grimace or laugh as you launch into your explination of cosplay. This is how I know anime is more mainstream than most people let on, as soon as I say it, most normals are like "ZOMG I like -insert random anime here-."

BlueMew
08-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Not in the horse world, dear. Not in the horse world.

I'll just talk about bloodlines and the stock market for them. Those are the more interesting topics in that world.

Assassins Inc.
08-16-2006, 12:44 PM

HelenaInvictus
08-16-2006, 01:04 PM
LOL it's Integral sitting down with her shirt open and nippage showing while Seras leans over her leering. I was like FTW fanservice!

Natchan
08-16-2006, 01:21 PM
yeah I saw that one... online that is... it was deffinatley a unique Integral! O.o

Sir_Integra
08-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I will probably avoid it.

And people I deal with know I'm weird and usually stear away from asking any sort of explination.....lol. But they all know about my habit.

missrelena
08-16-2006, 08:00 PM
I just enjoy the funny looks I receive when people invite me to events and I have to say. . . "Sorry, not tonight. I have to sew." It's great!

Natchan
08-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Oh I know, I love telling people that I have to go home and create a Hellhound puppy, or that i have to take time out of my social life to build props! Its super fun!

HelenaInvictus
08-16-2006, 09:35 PM
LOL most people usually want to know all about it once I tell them about it. A few even ended up going to a convention and dressing up with me in closet cosplay.

I've gotten a few people thinking it was geeky, but I also pointed out they watch WWF. That kind of levels the playing feild.

Ikuy
08-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh! Oh! I'm gonna be there! : D
I'll be cosplaying chapter 27 Amane Misa from Death Note, and (if it doesn't get all conflicty with stuff) anime Seras Victoria. I can't wait to see Kouta Hirano or the swarms of Hellsingers~! <3

(Oh, and this cosplayer be from Saint George, Utah, too. ;3)

Sir_Integra
08-17-2006, 03:31 AM
St. George?! Sweet! I live in mesquite! lol...

This shall be too fun. I swear us cosplayers are VERY thin in this area....it sucks!

missrelena
08-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Mesquite! That's only 45 minutes away from natchan and I! Who knew a cool cosplayer lived so close?! You should come to our anime club meetings sometime! That would rock!

Natchan
08-17-2006, 01:16 PM
St. George?! Sweet! I live in mesquite! lol...

This shall be too fun. I swear us cosplayers are VERY thin in this area....it sucks!

Wow that rediculously close, thats awsome! Its nice to know that there are some awsome sweet cosplayers in this general area. Because there really isn't that many in our area!

dark_mousy
08-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Well, for me at least, I was trying to figure out a good excuse to head to Vegas anyway. :)

xDD Well that sounds like a damn good reason to come down here to me!

BlueMew
08-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Teehee. More or less had to justify a trip to visit people with something. *sweatdrop*

Sir_Integra
08-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Yes...because I'm just not cool enough on my own. *smirk* lol...

And as for anime meetings....people will probably have to come get me...I don't own a car so travel is difficult unless I can find a ride. lol

Hellsing Agent
08-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Yes...because I'm just not cool enough on my own. *smirk* lol...

And as for anime meetings....people will probably have to come get me...I don't own a car so travel is difficult unless I can find a ride. lol

I personally recommend a motorcycle. I can see it now.... Integra on a Bike! HaHa! The Hell's Angels must allow you to pass or face your mighty sword! :walkoff:

Amy B.

Sir_Integra
08-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Hell's Angels? LOL....Thats great....I can see it now....Sturgis and Integra on a Harley next to a guy named Scar with a beard down to his naval and a leather jacket and calls her Susie.....

BlueMew
08-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Hmm.... so has anything new come up for Anime Vegas?

HelenaInvictus
08-19-2006, 01:14 AM
No news is good news? I got nothing.

BlueMew
08-19-2006, 01:54 AM
LOL. I just don't want to have the thread go back a few pages.

Also, going to put the Archbishop up for sale after AV. Need something prettier. LOL.

Sir_Integra
08-19-2006, 03:47 AM
Lol....No one has gotten back to me on a Hellsing fan panel....but Oh well....We'll just group together I'm sure....lol

BlueMew
08-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Too bad. AV doesn't know what it's missing without Mish on a Fanpanel.

Sir_Integra
08-19-2006, 09:47 AM
dare I even ask?

HelenaInvictus
08-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Okay, would anyone be interested in staying a day late on AV? As in leaving on the 5th instead of the 4th? Plane tickets just jumped up again and I find it would be hella better for me to stay until the 5th, so if anyone else would like the extra night, let me know.

I'm the proverbial actress, I know how to entertain. . . . and every time there is a lull in conversation I tend to start talking about PORN. Or Snakes on a Zepplin.

BlueMew
08-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Weird. It was less expensive for me to go a day early. So your plan doesn't work for me Mish.

HelenaInvictus
08-19-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm hoping some of the driving folks might want to stay, I figured you wouldn't since you already bought your tickets. Though I may not stay now that my parents are going to contribue =)

Sir_Integra
08-20-2006, 06:06 AM
AHHH! Two weeks left! One pay check....thank GOD the room his going to be hella cheap compared to what I paid for Otakon...lol...still have to reg too....grrrr

HelenaInvictus
08-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah this room is going to be nothing compared to the Otakon room. But then, that room was hella sweet. Oh, how many people are we at for the room, currently?

Natchan
08-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Woohoo! Two weeks, I'm getting so excited! This is going to be great!

Sir_Integra
08-21-2006, 12:27 AM
I will say post up a gathering on....saterday?

BlueMew
08-21-2006, 03:35 AM
I think we're still waiting for that ever-elusive con schedule.....

Sir_Integra
08-21-2006, 04:06 AM
grrr....I'm impatient damn it......lol.....no....bored....thats it....I'm bored....lol

BlueMew
08-21-2006, 04:23 AM
And I'm hungry. But you don't see ME complaining about things I can't fix.

Oh, wait. I can fix hungry.

And I can't WAIT for AV. You really don't realize how excited I am.

HelenaInvictus
08-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Damnit, Mew, now I'm hungry.

I want streudal. >.>;

BlueMew
08-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Baklava is much better than strudel.

*goes back to working on a massive eBay post to have $$$ for AV*

HelenaInvictus
08-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Ew. Baklava is gross. My parents always get that, which is good, because then I don't eat dessert.

Then again, at the moment, I am craving lemon cookies. *plots*

Natchan
08-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Man why are we talking about food, I just started myshift and luch isn't for another 3 1/2 hours! *stomach growl* Gah! I can't wait for AV.... or lunch for that matter!

Sir_Integra
08-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Food? Again even at home I take it where I can get it when I'm hungry.....

And I'm soooooooooooooooo excited...Muhahaha....

missrelena
08-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Me too! I looked at my calendar today and thought "In less than two weeks I'm going to be someplace far happier than at work!" Hooray! (Guess that means I need to sew faster!)

Natchan
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Woohoo! Won't be at work! Won't be at work! I love getting paid to go to cons, it makes me happy!

HelenaInvictus
08-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Mmmm plate full of brownies for lunch. Hot pockets biscuits for dinner. . and then I have to eat healthy for the rest of my life LOL

BlueMew
08-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Or just keep drinking that RedBull. LOL.

Ganguro
08-21-2006, 10:37 PM
I know.. i know.....I'm staff and I want to see it as much as the rest of you :) but the schedule IS coming soon. I Promise!

More internal changes meant it was still getting tweaked as of Sunday afternoon, but it goes to the printer this week and will be online hopefully tomorrow. Expect the big events to be outlined on the site and the full schedule to be downloadable as a PDF.

The Gaming stuff is up though.

Natchan
08-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Gah its driving me mad! I can't wait, I'm gonna start pulling my hair out! Hey that might make it easier to get my wig on!

Sir_Integra
08-22-2006, 02:46 AM
Gah its driving me mad! I can't wait, I'm gonna start pulling my hair out! Hey that might make it easier to get my wig on!

LOL...I cut all my hair off. >< But....makes it easier to just wig it yes. Anything dark haired that I may do I can just leave bangs out and blend and it will be like my own hair so...YAY!

Natchan
08-22-2006, 01:03 PM
LOL...I cut all my hair off. >< But....makes it easier to just wig it yes. Anything dark haired that I may do I can just leave bangs out and blend and it will be like my own hair so...YAY!

I keep thinking about that, and have seriously considered it, but I look terrible with short hair! At least right now I do, I'm working on it. Ah it would be soooo easy to keep it under the wig if it were short, oh well I can dream!

BlueMew
08-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Yay! You'll let us know ASAP the schedule is posted, right?

Natchan- do NOT cut your hair. I don't care what other girls say, they all secretly regret it after the fact. Most just won't admit to it.

Granted, it doesn't have to be as long as say, I keep mine, but the Dutch Boy look doesn't work well for anyone. And shorter only works well with the proper facial structure, and not having met you, I can't comment on if you would or wouldn't look good with it.

Or you could have my problem. Birthmark bald spots and a poodle-puff when it's short.

Natchan
08-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Yay! You'll let us know ASAP the schedule is posted, right?

Natchan- do NOT cut your hair. I don't care what other girls say, they all secretly regret it after the fact. Most just won't admit to it.

Granted, it doesn't have to be as long as say, I keep mine, but the Dutch Boy look doesn't work well for anyone. And shorter only works well with the proper facial structure, and not having met you, I can't comment on if you would or wouldn't look good with it.

Or you could have my problem. Birthmark bald spots and a poodle-puff when it's short.

Um okay! Thanks for caring! Thats a vote for not cutting it! And you're right (without even meeting me well done) My facial structure does not work with short hair! Infact as nice as it would be, just to get wings on over it, I'm actually aiming for Manga Integra length hair! :eek:

I had poodle puff years ago when it was short! It sucked!

Geez I wish they'd post the schedule already, we're down to 11 Days!

HelenaInvictus
08-22-2006, 04:58 PM
LOL I laugh when people tell me they are cutting their hair short. Very few people can wear it that way and look cuter than if they had long hair (Sars comes to mind, she's just so damn. . CUTE).

But if you intend to grow it long, remember to get it cut every 6 weeks or else your length will be mostly damaged and split ends.

Natchan
08-22-2006, 05:03 PM
LOL I laugh when people tell me they are cutting their hair short. Very few people can wear it that way and look cuter than if they had long hair (Sars comes to mind, she's just so damn. . CUTE).

But if you intend to grow it long, remember to get it cut every 6 weeks or else your length will be mostly damaged and split ends.

Every six weeks, right. *takes notes* This is good stuff! Have I ever told you by the way how much I love your hair!? Because I do, its perfect Integra hair... curse you!

HelenaInvictus
08-22-2006, 06:44 PM
XD thanks ^_^

Sir_Integra
08-22-2006, 08:12 PM

Well...I look good with long and short hair. And I wish I would have known about the six week thing or else I wouldn't have gotten so fed up with mine as long as it was. I was sitting on it! lol...but my hair also grows fast and A change was needed.

My mind changes faster then my hair can keep up. lol...it royally sucks!

HelenaInvictus
08-22-2006, 09:42 PM
LOL I don't consider your hair that short, it was shoulder length, right?

BlueMew
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Her hair is short. Shoulder length can still pull off the poodle fuzz on too many people, therefore it's short.

And if I'm correct, it's shorter in the back than the front? But I don't remember.

Hellsing Agent
08-23-2006, 12:35 AM
I get mine cut every 6 months, though some don't call 3-4 inches off the bottom of down-the-back hair a cut. I go approx. every 6 weeks to my guy to get my bangs trimmed, as he doesn't charge for it and he's fun to chat with.

Major news for me: just got delivery on the coolest sewing machine EVER!:love:

(We need emoticons of a various stages of heads sewing! - Excited, tired, piles of fabric everywhere, etc!)

Sir_Integra
08-23-2006, 12:42 AM
yeah...my hair is shorter in the back and it slants down. Not quite to my shoulders tho. just under chin lenth. It grows about an inch every three or so weeks....thats freaking fast.

And I need to get me a sewing machine because I have many idea's for costumes I'd like to start on.

Hellsing Agent
08-23-2006, 10:49 AM
And I need to get me a sewing machine because I have many idea's for costumes I'd like to start on.

A good quality basic machine costs $150-250 new. Sewing repair places often have trade-ins that are good for cheaper.

HelenaInvictus
08-23-2006, 12:35 PM
LOL I hear you on the freakishly fast hair growth. I have to go nearly every month to get my highlights touched up XD

Then again, I use this shampoo that they give cancer patients to promote hair growth, I think it works wonders.

Natchan
08-23-2006, 02:49 PM
10 DAYS! Woohoo! Yipee!

... can you tell I'm a little excited!

BlueMew
08-23-2006, 07:38 PM
LOL I hear you on the freakishly fast hair growth. I have to go nearly every month to get my highlights touched up XD

Then again, I use this shampoo that they give cancer patients to promote hair growth, I think it works wonders.

Please tell me the name of that one. :) I could use it to regrow my blond.

And gah! I can't wait! So close!

Sir_Integra
08-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Indeed...

HelenaInvictus
08-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Eqyss. It's a horse shampoo, actually, but they give it to cancer patients because of the amazing results.

Aaaand, it's all natural.

BlueMew
08-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Oh. Pff. Cowboy Magic is better.

Here I was hoping for something new & exciting. -_-

HelenaInvictus
08-23-2006, 10:14 PM
LOL Eqyss worked better for me. Much longer and much stronger than any of the others.

Hellsing Agent
08-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Interesting... us quilting folk use horse shampoo to clean quilts without damaging the natural fibers.

While all excited re: Anime' Vegas, also getting stirred up for my motorcycle rider test tomorrow! Hoping to impress the DMV with my (supposed) prowess riding on two wheels.

Sir_Integra
08-24-2006, 02:21 AM
Good luck with that....I'm still fighting for two of the days off....tho...fortunatly there is a guy that if I bat my eyes at and promise a good beating to, might just work for me. ^.^

The advantages of being female....Muhahahaha!

*does happy dance*

Natchan
08-24-2006, 02:54 AM
Yes, use that female advantage! Go! I'd hate for you not to get the days off you want! :) 9 DAYS! WOOHOO!

Tenshi
08-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Please visit the official Anime Vegas boards at www.lasvegasotaku.org if you have a cosplay gathering! I am making a Cosplay Groups sign that will be posted at the entrace to the convention area.

Also, if you just want to chit-chat with other Anime Vegas attendees, you are more than welcome to do that at Las Vegas Otaku :).

Natchan
08-25-2006, 11:41 AM
8 Days! (short and pointless I know but I've been counting down the days for a while and we're sooooo close!)

BlueMew
08-25-2006, 02:30 PM
6 for me! (Going a day or so early because I'm cheap like that. LOL)

I can't believe I said yes to this con without planning for it months in advance. XD

wingzero1919
08-25-2006, 02:52 PM
It's getting close & I can't wait. this will be my 1st time at AV. I'm leaving Monday night....I'm driving from Ohio, it's going to be a long trip, but it will be worth it.

BlueMew
08-25-2006, 03:32 PM
It's getting close & I can't wait. this will be my 1st time at AV. I'm leaving Monday night....I'm driving from Ohio, it's going to be a long trip, but it will be worth it.

You're driving..... from Ohio.....

Holy crap.

You're dedicated.

(Me, I'm flying from Ohio. I couldn't do that many days in a car without killing someone afterwards)

Natchan
08-25-2006, 03:46 PM

WOW! O.o go you, thats the kind of detication I like to see, man good luck on your trip!

BlueMew
08-25-2006, 07:10 PM
*squeals* I got my AV pre-reg card in the mail today. *gleambot*

Now, I gotta pack. And do my homework before I leave. *sigh*

missrelena
08-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Wow! Ohio. . . that's a hecka-long drive! Makes me grateful I live only a couple of hours away. I can't wait to see everyone there! Hooray!

Sir_Integra
08-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Wow...no kidding...You so have to look me up for a picture Wingzero! I will bludgon you if you don't! Lol

wingzero1919
08-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Wow...no kidding...You so have to look me up for a picture Wingzero! I will bludgon you if you don't! Lol

Most definitely! I will keep an eye out for you. Yeah the drive is going to be killer.

Hellsing Agent
08-26-2006, 03:24 AM

ROADTRIP!!!!! :skidude2:

Wingzero - don't know if you have a laptop, but keep us posted on your amazing journey if you can! Be happy to make your acquaintance in Vegas!

By comparison, Danny and I are only taking a little motor-on down the road. The FNTM CZR (Phantom Cruiser) will bear us across the desert in style.

Amy B.

BlueMew
08-26-2006, 08:32 AM
As stupid as this sounds, I'm excited to see the desert.

wingzero1919
08-26-2006, 12:44 PM
ROADTRIP!!!!! :skidude2:

Wingzero - don't know if you have a laptop, but keep us posted on your amazing journey if you can! Be happy to make your acquaintance in Vegas!

By comparison, Danny and I are only taking a little motor-on down the road. The FNTM CZR (Phantom Cruiser) will bear us across the desert in style.

Amy B.

YAY for road trips...lol It will be interesting to say the least, it will put my patience & sanity to the test. I'll try my best to post while on the road. Can't wait to meet you all there.

HelenaInvictus
08-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Gaaaah. I just got my test schedule today and depending on if I can argue my professor into a makeup test, I may have to skip out on AV >.< I will know on Monday after I talk to her.

And tell her that I will be attending a funeral. . or something.

BlueMew
08-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Ack! No! *cling* You were the driving force to get me out there. ;_;

Sir_Integra
08-27-2006, 02:00 AM
>< Ack.....pressuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee! I can handle it....I can....*whimpers*....I will....damn it. *hand slaps table* It will be done. *nod*

LOL...God help me!

Natchan
08-27-2006, 06:08 PM
6 Days! Woohooo!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet you all.... and MR.Hirano!

Assassins Inc.
08-27-2006, 08:44 PM

Hellsing Agent
08-28-2006, 01:57 AM
IWF - Here's hoping your powers of persuasion are firing on all cylinders with your prof. I'll be rooting for ya!

>< Ack.....pressuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee! I can handle it....I can....*whimpers*....I will....damn it. *hand slaps table* It will be done. *nod* LOL...God help me!

Sir Integra: Let me know if I can help out in any way.... Any word on an "official" Hellsing Fan Panel? Or even an unofficial, "meet at the end of the hall" or Room Party one?

Amy B.

Sir_Integra
08-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Ooo...room party...tho, not our room. lol...it will probably be too small. But a certain location may be nice, because no word on a fan panel.

And it's more of rooming situation at the moment thats being a pain. lol. Not to mention a friend at work felt it a good idea to inform me to be extra careful because she had a dream I got into a car accedent and died. >< not the thing to tell someone with a horrid fear of death. So my driver has been informed to be "extra" careful driving. lol...

Natchan
08-28-2006, 12:31 PM
And it's more of rooming situation at the moment thats being a pain. lol. Not to mention a friend at work felt it a good idea to inform me to be extra careful because she had a dream I got into a car accedent and died. >< not the thing to tell someone with a horrid fear of death. So my driver has been informed to be "extra" careful driving. lol...

O.o man that would suck! I'm sure you'll be fine, the convention gods wouldn't let that happen to you on your way to a SUPER fun weekend! GOOD LUCK! 5 DAYS!

Oh yeah and have you guys seen the screening shcedule yet!? Not only are they showing volume 1 of Ultimate (already seen of course) but they're also showing VOLUME 2! OMG I'm sooooo excited!

missrelena
08-28-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm possibly going to be shot for suggesting this, but how about a get-together after the Hellsing Ultimate (vols. 1 & 2) screenings on Saturday night? If nothing else, we could find a restaurant that is still open and get a bite to drink -- I mean eat -- together. How does that sound?

Natchan
08-28-2006, 02:43 PM
O.o that sounds like great fun! Nice slip there by the way (drink- eat) hahaha! I'm cool for that, we should totally do that!