PDA

View Full Version : Naruto:Kakashi ^^;

~Kunoichi~Baka~
01-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Does anybody know how exactly people sew Kakashi's mask? I'm kinda having trouble with it >_>;...Also any ideas on how to get Kakashi's hair? o_o;...I can't do my own hair cuz it's long (meaning i'm a gurl xD)...Any tutorials and advice T_T?? Thanks a bunch!

Valgaav_Xellos
01-25-2006, 05:01 PM
well you should be able to find his mask on ebay quite easily... you may even find a few wigs for him on there too if you search around thoroughly. i bought my mask from ebay since making it kinda stumped me too, and as for the wig, i did something different since i did an SnJ Kakashi ^-^;

Cora
01-25-2006, 05:12 PM
I sewed the mask for my ANBU costume as part of the black undershirt. Basically I had a front piece of the shirt and the back piece...and it was made out of two layers of stretchy lining. At first I tried cutting the fabric in the contour that it appears on his face, but found that just a flat contour worked well enough for it too. Think of it as a kind of tight turtle-neck (turdleneck? whatever). That could be a way you go about it if you don't want to sew - you could find a navy blue turtle neck and then gather it in the back so that it's tight across your face and will stay in place. Pin the fabric together where you have excess, flip it inside out and sew the two sides together where you have pinned down the neck. You might have to experiment with the back to get it to lie flat.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show what I did....I haven't taken pictures of my under shirt and vest, and it's a little hard to explain anyhow. But hopefully that gave you an idea ^^; It's actually not that hard, just make a few sketches.

As for the hair...I'm doing a wig XD I haven't bought it yet because I don't need it until AnimeDetour at the end of March.

~Kunoichi~Baka~
01-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh yeah...I forgot...I can't buy stuff from ebay anymore >_<;...somebody hacked into my sister's account and she discontinues using ebay. Do you guys heard of http://www.deviouswigs.com/animestyling.htm ?...They make custom wigs...not sure they're good though...have anybody bought from there?

Greg
01-26-2006, 01:27 PM
I just got my Kakashi shoes from Hong Kong (Waaay late) and they're way too small. Now I gotta resell them and hope I can get a bigger pair in before Megacon.

I made my mask out of a cut up black shirt (I was pretty emo back in high school, so I have a surplus of black clothing), I just cut out a square piece with really long straps at the top, I wrap them around in back and tie them in the front of my neck, it seems to work pretty well. A lighter or thinner fabric would work better, though.

TwiliteSea
01-26-2006, 07:21 PM
I made mine a bit differently than other people have done. I'm really not fond of how the pulled-over-nose-turtleneck looks, and I wanted my nose and chin to be seen in a profile shot.
I made my own pattern for the mask (note that I'm horrible at explaining things). Basically, I took a scrap piece of stretchy fabric and pinned the top part accordingly to a wighead (that had a definate nose and chin). I then pinned the bottom part of that piece to just below the chin, following the jawline. Cut that as a separate piece (this would cover the mouth and nose) and then pinned the rest of the fabric under the chin and around the wighead's neck, for the neck portion.
I used those two pieces as a pattern and then cut out the same pieces with navy/or whatever color stretchy fabric. I sewed the two together, and left the back of the neck open. I installed a short zipper and 2 snaps on the back of the neck, to close it.
It still smushes my nose a bit, but at least my chin has an outline to it ^^;

Greg
01-26-2006, 08:39 PM
I made mine a bit differently than other people have done. I'm really not fond of how the pulled-over-nose-turtleneck looks, and I wanted my nose and chin to be seen in a profile shot.
I made my own pattern for the mask (note that I'm horrible at explaining things). Basically, I took a scrap piece of stretchy fabric and pinned the top part accordingly to a wighead (that had a definate nose and chin). I then pinned the bottom part of that piece to just below the chin, following the jawline. Cut that as a separate piece (this would cover the mouth and nose) and then pinned the rest of the fabric under the chin and around the wighead's neck, for the neck portion.
I used those two pieces as a pattern and then cut out the same pieces with navy/or whatever color stretchy fabric. I sewed the two together, and left the back of the neck open. I installed a short zipper and 2 snaps on the back of the neck, to close it.
It still smushes my nose a bit, but at least my chin has an outline to it ^^;

That's much better than my first idea, which involved dark face paint.

Cora
01-26-2006, 09:52 PM
yeah, my undershirt is similar to that with respect to the chin/nose profile. The mouth isn't really defined, but as I had to make the mask small enough so that it would mostly stay on my face by itself, I pulled it back pretty tight, so it squishes my nose a bit too, but you can define my chin from my neck and nose.