PDA

View Full Version : Dance version of *insert character here*

Brio
01-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Some costumes just are not dance friendly...like oh say, Kyuubi(Naruto)

others just wouldn't be caught dead at dances (Sesshoumaru)

Who out there has made a specific dance/rave version of another character? I'm in the process of putting together 2 versions of Kyuubi and both are almost finished *yay!*

ChibiTifa05
01-29-2006, 12:15 AM
I made a raver version of Anko for Katsucon this year. I can't wait to wear it! ^^

SasamiChan
01-29-2006, 12:21 AM
I haven't done it myself, but I saw an adorable dance version of Summoner Yuna. She made the flowing sleeves into arm warmers, and shortened the skirt into a mini. It was adorable=3

Brio
01-29-2006, 12:21 AM
cool. Anko totally rocks

Tohma
01-29-2006, 12:48 AM
At Otakon for the last two years I went as Raver Sasuke. Then a whole group of us had Raver Naruto outfits last year for Katsucon. I was Sasuke, and we had Naruto, Gaara, and Shikamaru. I also went as raver Ginji from Getbackers...actually my ban-chan and I called ourselves Getbacker Ninjas because we were a bit of a cross between Getbackers and naruto. My friend has also done a raver Edward from Full metal Alchemist. I think it just makes the rave a little more fun ^_^

livengood
01-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Even though I haven't made it, one that crossed my mind right off the bat was Miwako from Paradise Kiss. She looks like so the character that could be an easy rave outfit. *_*

Pazuzu
01-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Hmm, I helped my friend Ikira along with her Kyuubi costume, which would probably count as a Rave outfit the way it was made (tube top, skirt, armwarmers, etc.) Her tails were unstuffed so she could move in them easily.

Miss Tea
01-29-2006, 04:20 PM
I haven't done it myself, but I saw an adorable dance version of Summoner Yuna. She made the flowing sleeves into arm warmers, and shortened the skirt into a mini. It was adorable=3
!!! this is what im planning to do! any chance you have pics of this? ^^ im currently working on the mini - i just need some purple dye.

i've seen a handful of Raver Naruto characters floating around. ^^

Danzikumaru
01-29-2006, 04:43 PM

I've been attempting to find a good way to make a Rave-variant of Ky Kiske. My previous attempts have proved to be failures...they grow to hot to quickly...

We did, on accident, make a rave version of Sol Badguy

SasamiChan
01-29-2006, 04:55 PM
!!! this is what im planning to do! any chance you have pics of this? ^^ im currently working on the mini - i just need some purple dye.

i've seen a handful of Raver Naruto characters floating around. ^^

Awww, no I don't T.T I don't even remember what site it was on xX;; I wish I could find it again!

phantomthief
01-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Danzikumaru- Same here >.< Attempts at a Ky raver have so far proved... not so great. It's like Ky was designed to be so "Holy" that you CAN'T turn him into a raver XD Hm... More sketches...

I guess my miniskirt Mustang can kind of be considered a Rave-ish cosplay ^.^ We tried to hook LED lights inside my brother's automail arm but we couldn't make it function without sacrificing mobility. Meh.

~Ari-chan

CapsuleCorp
01-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Alas, I'm guilty of this. I gave Hiei a dance outfit by fabric-painting the kanji for "youkai" on the front of a blank tank top. Silver glitter paint, no less. Fortunately, Yami Yugi had an outfit that already worked for dancing, and Alastair, well, he's just a dancing slut once he takes off his coat. I try not to think of these kinds of versions, but I have a feeling I may try to find something modern for Wolfram to wear. That military uniform just doesn't go well in a room of hot, sweaty dancers.

RaDragon76
01-29-2006, 09:17 PM
LOL CapsuleCorp! I'm also guilty of this. I have a raver version of Ryou Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh that I wear whenever Khene wears her raver Yugi version. I also have some thoughts on an improved second raver version for him for use whenever Khene does rave version Thief King Bakura.

Eleryth
01-29-2006, 10:01 PM
The Pinky:Cos versions of Rei and Asuka would be perfect for dances. I've made one for a con, but I foresee it becoming late-nite con PJs. We did come up with a Raver Shinji to match the Raver Pinky dolls, though. ^-^ We searched and searched for a raver Shinji, but we didn't see one before and continue to refuse to believe we might have been the first. :P

GreenFire
01-30-2006, 12:09 AM
I've made dance versions of two of my cosplays. I designed a dance costume for Kaiba, so it would have a sleeveless shirt instead of a turtleneck. I messed around with the blue straps on his arms as well, and even made him a little cape (which I don't use anymore) to replace his giant coat.
I also made a dance version of Kurama. I found a promoshot of him wearing a black sleevless outfit and made that specifically for dances.

NiceGai44
01-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Look at my Avatar its my Raver Gai Sensei! Got Glow in the dark leg warmers!

yamibakura03
01-30-2006, 02:23 PM
The Pinky:Cos versions of Rei and Asuka would be perfect for dances. I've made one for a con, but I foresee it becoming late-nite con PJs. We did come up with a Raver Shinji to match the Raver Pinky dolls, though. ^-^ We searched and searched for a raver Shinji, but we didn't see one before and continue to refuse to believe we might have been the first. :P

soo cool evangelion. i dress my bro as shiji he look so cute. the rave costume i would of done was probably kakashi, at chibcon. i had my kunais and started to dance in techno music.

i want to do a Rave rabi from D-gray man. >/////<

LanceBardock
01-30-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm thinkin of makin a rave version of the Bleach Shinigami costume, since swords are rather cumbersome when dancnig, the top will be sleeveless, the sleeves will be arm warmers that drape just a little, and the hakama will just be baggy pants and since i'll prolly end up doing Ichigo, i'll just buy a Zangetsu necklace...it'd be great if i could mold the glowsticks into the zanpakuto though....