PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Comedy Half-time show

Gainax Boy
02-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi all!

I was the Shinji that did Cosplay Comedy during the looooooong waiting period for the Judges after Masquerade (along with my friends Jack, Agahim, Dr. Weird and the others)

I was just wondering what you guys all thought of the Comedy Show?

Any Comments or suggestions, Praises or Rants you guys have?

I know all of us worked hard on our routines and it'd be nice to know if our efforts paid off or what we could possibly do to improve (or improv, your choice ^^)

So what'd you guys think?

Sonsko-chan
02-01-2006, 10:49 PM
It was HILARIOUS!!!=D

I love how you gave Shinji a lisp!xD

I would somehow announce it louder...I missed a lot of yours, because I didn't know it was a halftime show and was busy talking...-.-;;

Earthbounder
02-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Shinji.../ KURO!

Great stuff man, I loved the Kuro outfit. Hope to see you next year at ALA, as well as a few this year (Fanime, AX, etc.)

I'm working on Smoker for next con, so just be warned that Kuro and all other pirates will be hunted!

Anyways, back on topic. The comedy show was definately a highlight of ALA for me. Best were definately you, Sparrow and Agahnim. And Dr. Weird as the announcer, perfect choice. For next year I'd be interested in seeing a improv (Hey, you said it first XD) among the comedians after all of them finish their routines.

Kurai_811
02-01-2006, 11:07 PM
haha! u where awsome, Gainax Boy! u got Shinji's character down real good! and u almost sounded like his real VA too! XD :bigtu:

those too guys that tryed playing video games, (DDR, Mario, i dont kno the others ^^') without the video games where really funny too! *laughs* ^___^

LadyAmaryllis
02-02-2006, 01:29 AM
I really liked all of the acts! And to tell you the truth, when they were like "Stand Up Comedy!", I was thinking "oh boy, this is going to be a looooong halftime." But to my surprise, I really really enjoyed all of you! More next year plz! XD

Karisu-sama
02-02-2006, 02:45 AM
I wanted to see the half-time show, but I had to be stuck off in a little room going through my judging papers and making tough decisions.... ;_;

Unfortunately, I suspect I'll be doing this at ALA again, and again... argh!! Someone- video, please!!

Sparkle Pipsi
02-02-2006, 10:07 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by the half-time show... normally I'm only mildly amused by amateur anime con stand-up, but this one had me rolling xD! Gainax's Shinji was fabulous, of course, and the two guys with the DDR sequence almost made me pee my pants... "YOUR DANCING IS GIVING ME CANCER!!!" I swear that DDR announcer can be evil sometimes, and it would not surprise me at all to hear it say those things to me while I was dancing... xD. And I loved all the other acts too... you guys all did a really awesome job~!

And we all love Jarod even though his cold got him down <3

Simmaria
02-04-2006, 03:28 AM
both jim and captain jacks was a lot of improv. which confuses me since they actually wrote out more material then i did. oh well. i had hoped to make a few of the old school gamers laugh with my stinging truth on the current state of games.

Sagara-san
02-14-2006, 03:46 AM
The comedy show was definately a highlight of ALA for me. Best were definately you, Sparrow and Agahnim. And Dr. Weird as the announcer, perfect choice. For next year I'd be interested in seeing a improv (Hey, you said it first XD) among the comedians after all of them finish their routines.
Thanks a bunch! Before I was planning to watch but the one who created the comedy show along with the others who would perform on stage asked me to do the opening of the show and I agreed. So there I was using my mighty voice to start it and while Gainax Boy did his routine I asked to intro each comedian and the creator agreed. She told me I forgot to put on my mask during one intro but I dont think the audience cared too much about it.

Funny thing I realize is my Dr. Wierd has ALA colors so I was sort-of an unofficial mascot of ALA and next time, if they have me, I will announce the next Cosplay Comedy Show.

DJ Zephyr
02-15-2006, 12:33 AM
I talked to you on the last day, I was the kid with the huge green backpack...
I asked you "Did you come up with the jokes beforehand?" Yo said, "No, all out of my ass!" XD XD XD

I loved you Agahnim, and jack sparrow...

KuramaChan
02-22-2006, 05:11 PM
You guys were awesome. I think Shinji and Jack Sparrow were my favorites. I somehow managed to miss the DDR thing though (grawr!). I just wish you guys could have done an encore. Half-time was a long time...

Pullip
02-23-2006, 01:31 AM
*Cough* Sorry, I missed the entire thing. >_> I did catch the very end of Jarod's act, though. Quite a few people were laughing, so I assume he was good. But, I know Jarod, so I know he's funny. :P

Sagara-san
02-23-2006, 11:50 PM
You guys were awesome. I think Shinji and Jack Sparrow were my favorites. I somehow managed to miss the DDR thing though (grawr!). I just wish you guys could have done an encore. Half-time was a long time...
Perhaps the next time this can happen we will have more people to do stand up but thanks for the compliments and hope to see y'all next ALA.