PDA

View Full Version : World Cosplay Summit - Curious

ainead
02-02-2006, 10:01 AM
I went this evening to vote on the Canadian Cosplay Competition. I thought it was great to have something like that organised - maybe I'll get around to doing it myself for Australia sometime.

I noticed that it was mentioned that the World Cosplay Summit doesn't recognise Canada and I became really curious about a number of things.

1) Why doesn't the WCS recognise Canada - or any country for that matter?
2) What countries are recognised and which are not?

It's not really important but I'd love to have my curiousity answered. :)

More power to the Canandians for creating their own fun anyway! Hope to see it and vote again next year!

TribalButterfly
02-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Wow. Now that you mention it, WHY DOESN't the WCS recognise Canada???
That's kinda rude. N we have some WICKED Cosplayers here! :)

Anybody have any insite on this?

And, thanx ainead for the kind words! :)

Michi
02-02-2006, 05:43 PM
They only had USA, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, China, and Japan. That isn't even a very big spectrum, and USA was only added last year I believe.

It's not a very serious cosplay costume contest, so I really wouldn't worry too much about it. They treated it more like a beauty contest in costume, from what I heard. But I don't want to say too much because there's already been heated debate about it here.

I'm afraid this thread is going to stir up drama, so I'm just going to close it now. We've already had a thread about "Why isn't Canada recognized at WCS?" before. Maybe you can search for it.