PDA

View Full Version : Sevotharte from Angel Sanctuary

Uriel_Sama
07-30-2002, 05:40 PM
Hello to everyone here, especially Rosiel!

Well, I'm planning on doing Sevotharte from Angel Sanctuary, among other things, next year. But I'm runing into some problems.

Well, I can manage the overall costume just fine, but it's the crown and the shoulder plates that confound me.

Any ideas?

Uriel-Sama

Garuda_Aiacos
09-29-2002, 10:59 AM
I had done a simple Sevothtarte recently.

For the Shoulder Pads, I recommand you use Sintra to make it (that's my planned IF I can get Sintra in the first place here >_< ). From what my costuming friend told me on how she did her Slave Leia (http://www.azeem2000.com/slaveleia/bra.shtml), what you can do is to form some kind of paper version of it first. Cut, tear and paste the paper until it kinda form the shape you want on your shoulder. Then flatten it and cut out roughly the shape obtained on the Sintra. Put the Sintra into hot water as recommanded and quickly form it on your shoulder.

If want to be more safer, before you flaten the paper version of the shoulder pads, use it to make a clay or plaster mould (negative mould?) and after you had soften the Sintra in Hot water, you can pull it over the harden Clay/Plaster Mould; something like doing Vacuumforming.

The other alternative is paper marche, plastic shoulder pads or something that got the shape required.

For the Headdress, you may want to use Sintra again or make it out of Aluminium Sheets.

For me, due to limited time and materials, I made the shoulder pads out of thin crafting sponge and silver fabrics while the headdress cut out of aluminium sheet and wrap with "crushed" aluminium sheet. It turned out okay but way, way below my standards. >_< I'll get back to it after my next Costume (mostly to redo the Shoulder Pads and Headdress)

Just curious, what color will you be using for the veil?

Ayaka
09-29-2002, 11:11 AM
FYI, for everybody - like me - who went ACK WHERE DO I GET THIS STUFF -

http://www.solarbotics.net/starting/200207_sintra/200207_sintra.html

Thank you for posting about it, Uriel, and thanks to Serifita, cause you guys just helped me a bunch with a costume I thought was going to be impossible. XD

Garuda_Aiacos
09-30-2002, 11:15 PM
It's nice to hear more people interested in doing Sevi-sama cause his costume is not too difficult. IMHO ^_^ When I first started out reserching on this costume, I only found 3 pictures of cosplayers who had done it. >_< Took me some time to decide on what color to use for the Veil too.

Well, at least there are 3+ people doing it before me and more to come from now on. ^_^ For my current AS one, I only found 2 and one of them is way too inaccurate while the others choose to use a different coloration for the costume.

Uriel_Sama
11-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Ahh, sorry it's taken me so very long to reply, I've been busy.

For the veil, I'm using a sheer green fabric, which really does look quite beautiful.

Thank you for the suggestions for the armor, it's coming in handy, really.

Garuda_Aiacos
11-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Just make sure it's not too sheer! ;)

Green seems to be the color of choice for many Sevi-sama cosplayers, me included. I thought I saw that shade of green between Sevi-sama's fingers in one of the drawings (from the Art Book if I'm not mistaken).

But sometimes I do wonder why some cosplayers used royal blue color for the veil instead. If grey, I can understand that it's based on the OVA but blue? :confused:

Kaitou_voler
02-01-2008, 05:41 AM
Jeej...this is an very old threat.. but it was the only right one I could find :P I`m looking for good reference pictures from Sevotharte, but I can't find them:S Does somebody has good reference pictures????

The Hag
02-01-2008, 07:28 AM
It probably would have been o.k. to start a new thread. ^_^ My usual way of getting reference pictures is to screencap from the anime using VLC (a free media player). You might also try asking this in the anime/manga forum.