PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay/anime groups/clubs around Hampton Roads?

SailorKagome
02-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Just curious, but I was wondering if there are any cosplaying/anime groups/clubs/gatherings around the Hampton Roads area? I'd really like to be able to meet and hang out with other cosplayers and such outside of cons, and so I was wondering.

(And if I'm posting this in the wrong area, sorry!)

Jiffy

o0wraith0o
02-03-2006, 07:31 AM
where exactly is hampton roads? is it in north virginia? southwest? east coast?

dollssoulkirie
02-04-2006, 03:04 AM
There's a few school clubs around the area... but the one that I know of the most is the Chesapeake Anime Club (http://www.chesapeakeanime.com), ran by a friend of mine named Justin.

Many members of that club meet up for little cosplay related photoshoots or just hang out together at a friends house or meet for a movie/dinner. *misses hanging out with them*

Also, I like meeting new friends and love introducing them to my friends. :D My friend Cat would like to start a cosplay group, but I'm not too sure on the details there. XD;;

SailorKagome
02-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Hampton Roads.....is in.... Virginia? XD Um, I guess it's the general Hampton, Newport News, Poq, Yorktown, etc area.

dollssoulkirie- I'm homeschooled (actually, now I go to TNCC, but I just turned 17, so I'm *technically* still high school age :D), so I don't think I'd be allowed to join any school club, but it'd be cool if I could. ^_^

However, I'm close to Cheasapeake, so maybe I could join that club. :D

And, cosplay club? Sounds fun. :D If she needs any help, and isn't too far away, I would gladly join and assist in what way I can.

AND XD, I <333 meeting new friends also, and intoducing them to my friends, too. ^_^

RevGirl
02-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Dude I'm from the Hampton Roads area XD. Unfortuantely I go to college in another state, so can't help you. But hi there!

SailorKagome
02-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Dude I'm from the Hampton Roads area XD. Unfortuantely I go to college in another state, so can't help you. But hi there!

Hi! :DD

Well, looks like you come back to VA for cons, so maybe I'll see you at one. :D My going to AMA is *finally* finalized, so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there~

RevGirl
02-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Are you going to katsucon?

SailorKagome
02-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Are you going to katsucon?

I wish :_: I have no time or money. It's so sad.

But, well, maybe if I order my Sakura wig (like, right now o_o Ten days til, and I really don't want my hair to be kool-aid color for two months again), scrape together some money, and fix my costume, I might be able to manage a day or two. I might even be able to get Wendy to come with, and be Rin again. :D Stupid college spd class be darned. XD

Hmm..... *ponders* *_* I really want to go. I guess we'll see. But if I somehow manage to make it, I'll definately post it here.

RevGirl
02-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Even I am having trouble getting there from where I am now. Costumes still need finishing too. Out of curiosity, ever been to Nekocon? I've always wanted to go since it's near where I live, but I'm in college at the time >_<

SailorKagome
02-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Even I am having trouble getting there from where I am now. Costumes still need finishing too. Out of curiosity, ever been to Nekocon? I've always wanted to go since it's near where I live, but I'm in college at the time >_<

I actually went to Nekocon 8 in November. :D They just moved it to the new Convention Center by Coliseum, so it's just 5-10 minutes away from my house. It was pretty good, but hopefully it wil be a lot better this year once they've gotten settled.

And any chance of me going to Katsucon just died. :_: My brother got strep, and now all of us are sick.

RevGirl
02-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Sorry you won't be at katsu and I'll like never be at Nekocon XD. Get well soon!

SailorKagome
02-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Sorry you won't be at katsu and I'll like never be at Nekocon XD. Get well soon!

Yay, I'm not sick anymore, but my bf and drama teacher are. XD I guess that's what happenes when they breathe my air.

Anyway, I'm considering starting a Hamton Roads Anime Club. It was actually my *mom's* idea. XD However, I'll will be in attendance at CAC, too. :D

RevGirl
03-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Oooooo an anime club! That would be awesome!

SailorKagome
03-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Oooooo an anime club! That would be awesome!

:D

I have an idea of what to do, but I hope to get a better idea and plan once I've been to CAC.

And I guess this gives me another reason to finally get my site up. XD

myaku_
03-13-2006, 08:29 PM
When I saw "CAC" I thought you meant "Contemporary Art Centre" and I was like "omgzzzz yes." Then I was like "uh, duh, Chesapeake Anime Club."

Uh, yeah, I don't really go to any anime clubs per se, but I know CAC is pretty popular. I live in Virginia Beach.

SailorKagome
03-14-2006, 07:26 AM
When I saw "CAC" I thought you meant "Contemporary Art Centre" and I was like "omgzzzz yes." Then I was like "uh, duh, Chesapeake Anime Club."

Uh, yeah, I don't really go to any anime clubs per se, but I know CAC is pretty popular. I live in Virginia Beach.

Art Centre? Ooo, where? *artist*

And, actually, I have decided to start the anime/cosplay club I was talking about. :D Myself, theonlyangel77, and my best friend are working on it. Even got a website in the works! We'll hopefully be advertizing at AMA.

But, yes. I will be going to CAC meetings and such... Even got some other friends to join. The CAC was pretty happy about that, because they said they barely even had 50 members anymore. :_:

Tyleet
04-15-2006, 05:33 AM
Ohhhh you're only 5-10 minutes away from the Hampton Roads Convention Center? Same here lol and my dad works at TNCC for the motorcycle safety course ^.^