PDA

View Full Version : Aphordite? *giggles insanely*

Sillabub
02-15-2003, 10:12 PM
After watching about 1,000,000 (well, that's a bit too much...) movies on the Trojan War in English class, I found myself reading The Iliad by Homer. I always liked the goddess Aphrodite, and finally decided to attempt to cosplay as her.

I don't think you really see Aphrodite in the Trojan War movies, since there really isn't much there on Athena/Hera/Aphrodite/Eris...so I'm gonna have to wing it!

The top of the costume a strapless, short shirt made of traslucent pink material, and there's a piece of satiny-pink material shaped like a bikini tied over that. The skirt is made from the same material as the bottom part of the shirt (but not as traslucent). My hair is short and brown, and I pulled it into two pig-tails on the side of my head, braided the pig-tails, and pulled them back into a ponytail. There are some parts of hair hanging down under the two tied braids. The shoes are pink, high-heeled sandles. (Sorry if that was confusing, it's hard to explain!)

I should be going out and doing a photoshoot (in the gosh darn cold snowy weather!) tomorrow...I'll get the pics up soon ^_^

EDIT: My spelling sucks bad...

Yuna-X2
02-16-2003, 01:40 AM
OMG, thats fun! I want to be a love goddess! Thats a cool idea! :P

MikigamiTokiya
02-16-2003, 01:55 AM
thyat is a really awesome idea ^^;; I've been a fan of greek mythology for a while so I can't wait to see your interpetation :)

Sillabub
02-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Thankupo, guys ^_^

Awww...the photoshoot's been delayed to tomorrow :(

evilchii
02-16-2003, 03:58 PM
wow, what a great idea to make an aphrodite costume!

i'm a HUGE fan of greek and norse mythology so i'm actually glad to see other people are too and then going the extra mile to create outfits based on it.

your description of the dress sounds absolutely beautiful. i can't wait to see photos

Sillabub
02-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Well, it isn't a dress, so to speak...you'll have to wait and see ^_^

JoeBoeing
02-16-2003, 08:41 PM
Greetings,

I'd love to see an Aphrodite from Wedding Peach cos-played.

I wonder what your version wil look like?

FRom,
Joe

evilchii
02-18-2003, 10:57 AM
lol, ok well whatever it is, it sounds like a lotta fun

NarniaKnight
02-21-2003, 12:46 AM
I guess I’ll check in with a bit of randomness….
Whenever I think of Aphrodite I remember the old Disney Hercules cartoon, where Aphrodite was a pink –skinned mistress of all things love. There was a little cheesy little jingle that accompanied her random entrances… … so now ive got that jingle stuck in my head and am anticipating pictures…

Yuna-X2
03-03-2003, 12:07 PM
OMG, guess what!

Well, we are just finishing our Greek Theatre unit in OAC theatre class, and we have a choice for our final project! One of them is to design a Greek costume!!! *gasps* So, I'll be designing one soon. :P

Karisu-sama
03-03-2003, 10:26 PM
I cosplayed as Athena when I was 9 - I actually researched the construction of ancient Greek Clothing and art & statuary of Athena to get the look "right". ^^