PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with DBZ costume

Arwenth
02-04-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm going to my first 'Con this year, and I really want to go in a decent costume. DBZ being my first anime, I decided I wanted to do a costume based on this anime. I'm not too fond of any of the female cast, so I've decided on going as some random Saiyan female.

However, I've got no idea on how to do Saiyan armor, so I was hoping I could get some help here.

DigistarDBZ
02-04-2006, 03:15 AM
Amethyst Angel's got a Saiyan armor tutorial you can make out of craft foam and styrene plastic:
http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_saiyan.html

I'd personally substitute the shoulders with foam straps covered with small squares of plastic/Wonderflex/whathaveyou and snaps to hold it to the armor (I know that's what I plan on doing with my Char costume's mask). It would make it look more authentic IMO. But hey, it's a good place to start if you can't get your hands on the stuff. :thumbsup:

Arwenth
02-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the link, that's given me an idea on what to use.

I'm going for the armor with the shoulder guards and everything, like the first armor Vegeta wore. Do you know of a site that would help with that?

DigistarDBZ
02-05-2006, 09:06 PM
None that I know of, but I think that the craft foam process could be applied to the wide shoulder guards as well. I'd use snaps or Velcro to attatch those to the shoulders as well.