PDA

View Full Version : My Very first cosplay was pokemon

AnnAnime
02-05-2006, 10:33 AM
The VERY first cosplay picture we took was actually before I even knew about cosplay and Anime conventions. We dressed up as Team rocket and we were going to wear the costumes to "Pokemon, the first movie" When it first came out and we even had all the lines down to say at the theatre.When we got there, all tickets were sold out!! We were devestated! So we ended up wearing the costumes to the pokemon league and boy did we turn heads, all the others were surprised they were all like WOW! Now these kids didn't know about cosplay either nor did they know about anime cons either so to then it was awesome!! I remember being the best at pokemon battling and I beat every kid that day in battling. After a game they would say " No fair! Team rocket just beat me!" Then they'd poke out their lips LOL.

We had a blast and I really do miss those days. Below is a picture of us. From left to right, it was me, my best friend and my nephew.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/AnnAnime/Team_Rocket.jpg

We were in a hurry when we had to add the R's so please don't critisze it and hope you all like the picture!

KittyAngel
02-07-2006, 12:52 PM
The VERY first cosplay picture we took was actually before I even knew about cosplay and Anime conventions. We dressed up as Team rocket and we were going to wear the costumes to "Pokemon, the first movie" When it first came out and we even had all the lines down to say at the theatre.When we got there, all tickets were sold out!! We were devestated! So we ended up wearing the costumes to the pokemon league and boy did we turn heads, all the others were surprised they were all like WOW! Now these kids didn't know about cosplay either nor did they know about anime cons either so to then it was awesome!! I remember being the best at pokemon battling and I beat every kid that day in battling. After a game they would say " No fair! Team rocket just beat me!" Then they'd poke out their lips LOL.

We had a blast and I really do miss those days. Below is a picture of us. From left to right, it was me, my best friend and my nephew.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/AnnAnime/Team_Rocket.jpg

We were in a hurry when we had to add the R's so please don't critisze it and hope you all like the picture!

That's cool AnnAnime:bigtu: To be honest, my first cosplay was basicly regular clothes put together also (except for the armor part:toothy: ). Anyway, if you want some items with your Team Rocket from Pokemon cosplay, please let me know by PM okay cause I've got 4 pokeballs with the pokemon inside if you're interested. For pics, please go to my gallery and have a look:skidude2: Like I said, please let me know if you're interested^^

P.S. To find the pokemon pics, you'll see a pic of pants (which are for sale by the way^^), click into that gallery:skidude:

kojirojames2004
07-27-2006, 02:32 AM
When I went to the Meadowlands for the Super Trainer Showdowns back in the day, I wore my James outfit.

eggy
07-27-2006, 01:04 PM
oh wow, that reminds me of when i was in high school. for halloween i did a crapy costume... i guess i was ash... or maybe just a pokemon trainer... i had a pikachu though. :p but some other girl out did me buy actually dressing as ash. lol.

but that is so cute! ^_^ how cool is it to be beaten by team rocket! ;p

Clarrisa
07-27-2006, 05:35 PM
I was Deidara from Naruto for my first cos

AnnAnime
07-27-2006, 06:27 PM
I would really like to do Jesse again but this time I'll make my own thigh high boots. Also it will look better this time.

Does anyone have any pokemon stuff they might sell?

vampirate
07-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Years ago my first cosplay at an anime convention was a fairly innacurate Princess Serenity. A few years ago I butchered it and turned it into another costume. I don't like for my early costumes, much less pictures of them, to see the light of day anymore.(hah, second time today I didn't read things thoroughly enough..I just read the "my first cosplay" part *smacks head*)

Clarrisa
07-27-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm making a pokemon cosplay for this year's CN ^^

Meng Xiaojie
07-27-2006, 09:24 PM
This thread should probably move to the General forum...

kojirojames2004
08-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Objection. Pokemon is both a ANIME and VIDEO GAME from wence it came. Therefore, I see no problem staying here, largely because Team Rocket is from the anime.

HinataHyuuga
08-12-2006, 09:57 PM
My first cosplay was Hinata. I just bought regular clothing at the mall and added on the symbols and stuff. My wig looked really funny on me cuz I got it at a party store. The only wig they had in stock was a long black one, so my sis had to give the wig a haircut on me. It looked really weird but I wore it anyways.

Tabby Catty
08-12-2006, 10:28 PM
I guess it was your first time so I don't blame you though you can always make it better I always say. I'm a huge fan of pokemon cosplay myself as I enjoy cosplaying the obscure villians and frontier brains I'm putting the finishing touches on my Shelly and Courtney costume and getting started on my Greta one.

Blackjack Gabbi
08-14-2006, 02:53 AM
Ooooh, obscure villians. Wager anyone will ever cosplay as Lord Vicious the Mask from movie 4?

Tabby Catty
08-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Ooooh, obscure villians. Wager anyone will ever cosplay as Lord Vicious the Mask from movie 4?

okay and I'll wager if anyone will ever cosplay Ardos and Eldes from Pokemon XD.

pedicuregirl
08-14-2006, 05:03 PM
haha..love pokeman! I dressed up as sailor moon!