PDA

View Full Version : Back from Katsucon...Through the Damn Storm

Kataiya
02-16-2003, 02:32 PM
Well, Im back from Katsucon, and must say I did have a pretty fun time. However, the trip back T.T....
See, the people with common sense just stayed there another night. Me? Me and my dad drove through the snow. In VA it wasnt so bad, only 5 inches or so. When we got back home to Frederick Maryland, there was 1.5 FEET of snow. Im sick of this white shit. T.T, plus, our fan broke in the car so we had to open the windows, thus why I cant feel my toes and fingers. It feels so weird typing, and Im constantly mispelling words. I couldnt even button up my jeans cuz my fingers were numb. Argh. And another foot or two to add to that white pile of death. Atleast I got home ok, cept for the car wouldnt go into the driveway cuz the snow was blocking it.

Anyways, I seemed to have talked to alot more people than I had Otakon. I guess Im a shy person...O.o, or something. Well, in groups Im pretty loud, but just by myself I just sat to myself and stuff.

Here's my shout outs and stuff (in no order), some people are on the site, some people arent. Oh well:

Kell- if you remember, me and my friends pulled you aside and I commented on how cool yer ChunLi boots were. I wanted to shoutout how cool your Belldandy was but I was shy x.x . But seriously, you and Maryssa are the best Belldandy's Ive seen.

Sailormoon-I believe I rode down the elevator with you and an Touya (Khamryn?) and I thought you were really pretty. Once again, too shy to saya nything. I also thought you were kinda short ::runs:: :B Anyways, great costumes (btw, I was with a Tasuki) Great Touya costume too.

SeymourMother-We pulled you aside along with a Rikku and an FFX-2 Yuna(Reiko).I thought you made a lovely Yuna and, no, you didnt look 12. T.T Reiko, your costume was awesome too. So was the Rikku .

Oshii- I said hi, and thats it x.x I so wanted to steal your mage hat today <:/. I wish I coulda talked to more people

Will- Well I did talk to you. If you still remember me :B Forget yet? Yeah, only for like 5 min though. I was gonna hit you upside the head or something when I saw you passing in the halls but I need to talk to someone for atleast 10 minutes to do that, so it doesnt seem rude or anything :P Next time Ill talk longer and bring the shears >D.

Mibuzen- Thanks so much for letting me stay in your room :o. Your Tasuki costume was cool, although the fangs reminded me of a vampire in Brooklyn (your new york accent :B). Yeah next time, we're gonna blast soundgraden and stp and alice in chains in our room XD.

Victor- Thanks for talking to me along with the other guy (forget his name) while waiting for my dad to come get me. It was so boring cuz I didnt have my sketchbook or anything so I really appreciate the company. And you CAN find a Son Goku plushie, it is your fate :O. And keep practicing on drawing, I can see the beginnings of a talented artist

Tom-You rock. Period. Your friends dont though cuz they made you leave on saturday after you drove all the way from Minnesota T.T Kick them for me. I will always remember the look on the gas station guy's face when you ran up to him and danced around him in your Digi Charat finger costume. That was classic. We need 3 other people to dress with us as fingers and go to CVS altogether. People will think its a cult XD.

Eric-You are a prepubescent dork XD. Stop trying to hump people with your allmighty tentacle. Although I must admit it was fun constantly beating on you and trying to kill you :B. At AMA Ill run up to you and kick you.

Ojo(Osho? x.x my memorys bad)- You CAN draw, just keep practicing. Ill always be willing to do 50 cent commissions of Kyo XD. And although you kept obsessing over characters I had no idea about, you were really nice :D.

Jessica- You are such a cute lesbian. Sorry if I accidently kicked you when I woke up x.x

Rocky-You ARE rooming with us at Otakon. I love your Ryoko tattoo and I hope you can win the Guiness (sp?) DDR XD . Crazy man, crazy XD.

Rockys friends(? I think)- I AM NOT GRETCHEN DAMNIT.

Tsubasa- I dunno your name, but I talked to you briefly on how your Tsubasa Hack//Sign costume was AMAZING. Give your friend mad props and I wanted to steal the staff.

Oi, I think thats it, but knowing me i probly forgot someone. Next con my goals are to become less shy and more forward (you know, talking to the cosplayer and not staring at them and drooling like a stalker), and ACTUALLY cosplaying. But , ya know, my goal when I was 12 was to play the guitar. I havent touched my guitar for 3 years. Hah. Anyways, Katsucon was pretty fun.

The snows up to my knee now XD I bet all the milk, tp and bread are gone from the grocery store :B

Reiko
02-16-2003, 06:52 PM
I crashed does that count? and hurt my ankle which already was hurt from walking around...sure they said two hours up..it only took us 7

LOL Seymour mother LOVE YOU GIRL!

LIZZY! what can I say but I GOT MY SQUALL!

Oshi...LOL sorry we pulled you around!

Euobeat king LOL I think I'm the fastest cos-changer ever LOL

To anyone I forgot LOL...
See you around you can always send me a PM

LOL I was the Yuna 2 with her butt hanging out of the shorts and the Ballroom Rinoa LOL

Kellie
02-16-2003, 08:43 PM
The weekend was absolutely just so much fun minus the snow. We left this morning and had some ray of hope, but much to our disappointment, they hadn't even TOUCHED my court with a snow plow causing my poor roomie, Sami to get stuck here. :( I feel so bad!!

I got to see and meet so many people which made the weekend awesome!

Kapo, Lemmi and Booty - MUSTARD!!!!!!

Khamryn and Rosiel - Future roomies at Otakon! Yay!

Celine - The shoes ... how awesome were the shoes! ^_~ Can't wait to see the costume for Otakon!

Chandra - Limbo queen!

Kell - Your Sailor Jupiter and Belldandy costumes were lovely! It was awesome meeting you!

Moe - I was so glad to meet up with you again! ^_~ Oliver Wood fanart!

Sailor Moon - You ARE Usagi. Your costumes were awesome!

Gah! The limbo line! Classic! Bubble Wars with glowsticks ... ^^ It was a blast! Can't wait for Otakon!

Mibuzen
02-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Time to make my shout outs too!

Kataiya-HELL YEAH! We are going to make the entire hotel feel like they are at a true grunge concert!

Victor-I'm glad you showed up even though it was just for one day.

Ojo, Goku, Jess and the others-I wish I could be with you right now at Katsnowcon. It looks fun plus it's one of those chance events.

Flogg-I should have realized that was you!

Digikoomi-Next time you need to capture me in your chains.

Oshi-Sorry I missed the meeting.

Alexiel-Sorry I missed the meeting. You are still my Fuuko in spirit.

Gerry-You're crazy. Greta doesn't exist unless she was some lost love of yours.

All of the Staff-It was fun working for you guys. I hope to be staff next year.

Sailor Mo-Sorry I missed your Kimono panel. I had to catch my train which was three hours late anyway.

Mike Sinterniklaas-You da man!

Kristen Nelson-You da woman!

I think that's it. I want to say hi to everyone else anyway.

digikoomi
02-17-2003, 07:46 PM
Kurapika: I will~ prepare to fight! *laugh*

Recca-kun
02-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Despite getting home Sunday (somehow) I may go back tomorrow morning since other people are still stuck there and the metro is supposed to be running. ^_^;

Maybe I'm just crazy and pushing my luck further than I have already, but where there's a will there's a way! Besides, I'd much rather be stuck there than at school if it's closed anyway. ;) Maybe I'll even bring Hiroshi so I can say I did wear him at the con as planned (ok NOW I'm pushing my luck)...

As far as a con report goes, it was great to finally meet a lot of you and for those of you whom I knew it's always a pleasure to see you again. ;) Aside from the snow on Sunday and missing Friday morning this was the best con I've attended in awhile.

sailor-moon
02-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Kataiya
Sailormoon-I believe I rode down the elevator with you and an Touya (Khamryn?) and I thought you were really pretty. Once again, too shy to saya nything. I also thought you were kinda short ::runs:: :B Anyways, great costumes (btw, I was with a Tasuki) Great Touya costume too.

hee^.^ im 5ft and half an inch XD lol but its good when it comes to cosplay, cause moon is short XD lol

Originally posted by Kellie

Sailor Moon - You ARE Usagi. Your costumes were awesome!

^_~.

Kataiya
02-17-2003, 08:30 PM
yeah, shes 4'11 right? x.x, that IS short. Heh, next time Ill try to open my mouth to talk...even though babble will just come out or "H-hi" and then Ill run away, but at AMA I hope to have a Riot Leona so who knows . Cuz if you dun have a costume you tend to get ingored x.x ::felt like an interloper :: x.x

SailorMo
02-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Mibuzen

Sailor Mo-Sorry I missed your Kimono panel. I had to catch my train which was three hours late anyway.

Eh... that's ok... Like half the people had to leave early anyway...

But I will be doing it again at Yuricon, and AnimeNEXT for sure. I'll probably help Catherine of Rising Sun Imports with her demo at Ota this year, and I'm gonna see if Shoujocon will let me do one.

However... in the meantime... I *will* get off my lazy butt and update my kimono website with men's stuff! <bad Mo>

Blargh.. I wish you pounced me during the con.. If only I knew what you looked like! Oh well... feel free to e me if something comes up, okay? ^_^

Well, back to topic-- my trip home was an adventure. 12 or so hour drive in the snow, and I can sum it up as thus:
I now hate snow.
I hate trailer trucks.
I hate Route 80 in NJ.
I hate drivers who put on their hazards when we're ALL driving slow (kinda redundant...)
I hate rumble strips.
But I LOVE my truck! (Explorer with V8 & AWD) Wheeeee!!! It ate the snow for breakfast. :D

And on a side note, I will have to agree-- sailor-moon does indeed have Usagi's personality to a "T". Scary.

sailor-moon
02-17-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by SailorMo

And on a side note, I will have to agree-- sailor-moon does indeed have Usagi's personality to a "T". Scary.

:devil: :bouncer: :devil: .................................................: schitzo: heheheeeeeeeeeeeeee

diqitaldreams
02-17-2003, 11:27 PM
Katsucon was...so...disorganized...everything I went to like..opened late. ... OH WELL. I competed in the DoA 3 Tournament! NUMBA 3 BABY!!! YEAHTYEAH!! XD First girl to make it to the top 3 !!! Kiss ma arse!!!

Kerrie, Asamou, Booty, Popo, Pookie: MUSTARD!!!!!

Ziggy: ;D I want your ass... ::gropegrope::

Rosiel: ;.; ...cho beri purdy dechu...

Kaje: @_@ You got guts walking out in shorts like you did...amen to you!

Margo + Oshidori: WHEE!! :D I love your costumes dechu!!!! ^_^;;

Lupin III : :P ...bwahahahaha...

John Booty
02-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Oy. Yeah. Snow. Driving back to Philly really was actually very easy tonight (Monday night) because there were a few icy spots, but we basically had the whole raod to ourselves, so it was easy to handle.

Anyway, my favorite part of the con was mostly hanging out with you guys! It was so nice to meet you all. Random shout-outs, in no particular order.

Digitaldreams: ^_^
Justin: He rules I can't believe you picked me up off of the ground.
Rosiel: It was great to finally meet you! You're very nice, and a good dancer!
Sami and Kellie: You rock!
Studmaster: Nice to meet you
Pookie: haha, you rule. ps: please no more humping! haha.
Ayaka: We didn't really talk but it was nice to say hi!
Ziggy: You rule.
Eurobeat King: also very nice to meet you!

Other people it was great to see again: Celine, Oshi, Adam, and probably a bunch of other people I'm forgetting ^^;;;

ps: I feel like a retard for not recognizing DigikoOmi! Sorry!

Celine
02-17-2003, 11:59 PM
I hate the weather. Anytime a five hour trip turns into an epic ten hour trip, life sucks. After the miserable drive, I was exhausted. And it snowed MORE today. Yuck.

Everyone I met and saw at the con was great, even though I was really only there for a day. I'm not going to even try to give shout-outs since there were just SO many of you. I would like to thank everyone who made me smile, because I appreciate it.

Long live the Cosplay Pile.

Raincrystal
02-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Actually, so far as a shoutout goes... the people from this site that I talked to were some of the nicest people that I met at the con (well, excluding the people I actually went *with,* of course.)

Giant Alucard
02-18-2003, 06:53 AM
For my first Katsu, i will admit that i had a pretty good time...... until sunday night, where everyone was bored. You could tell that the con staff wasn't prepared for this kind of thing. But they were nice enough to offer those without a place to stay a room for free, even though i didnt need it. This is now known as the con that never ends ......... and it hasnt ended for some who are still there today (*shiver*), i was licky that some of my friends decided not to stay another day and had room for me, my other friends just left me behind ( I'll have to talk to them about that). It sucked so much that i missed the Cosplay.com photoshoot, since I didnt remember the time or the place that it was at. You may have seen me though, I was the Biggest Alucard cosplayer there and the only one without a hat (my friend lost it and most of her costume as well). I think the only people I met were rpd_girl and DJ Ranma S (who is the weakest link ... lol), But they were by far spme of the nicest people i met at the con. I still hope to go to Otakon, so You may se me in full costume there. And for all those who went ....... We survived the con that never ended.......

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 08:20 AM
hmm....didnt talk to any Alucards from Hellsing x.x We did see one that was CONSTANTLY on the clear elevator. Every two seconds it was up or down. We were like "STopppp! :O" and he waved to us. I felt special :B Yeah, I wasnt in a costume but I was a pale brunette with big eyes that was either drawing, reading or trying to find friends to no success :B

kelldar
02-18-2003, 08:40 AM
I am still here at katsucon guys!!! AHHHH get me outta here!! lol. We couldn't get another flight til wednesday... so here I am in the business office on the net. Hee.
hopefully will be home tomorrow and can post more~

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 08:42 AM
yeshhhh post on my thread.....tis your fate *0*

Giant Alucard
02-18-2003, 09:05 AM
I feel sorry for you. How many of you are left down there anyway???

Kellie
02-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Celine

Long live the Cosplay Pile.

Cosplay pile forever!!!

HeeroJF
02-18-2003, 09:23 AM
OMG!! I *met* that Alucard!! He invited me on one of his elevator tours!!! LMAO!!!!! *waves at Alucard*

Rosiel
02-18-2003, 09:40 AM
> Long live the Cosplay Pile.

With a Yuber on top. ^___^

It was great meeting so many people from the boards, although my main problem was linking the faces with the usernames. I swear I'll come up with a rule to make you guys wear huuuuuuge flashing name tags, and will sneak it past Admin.

Either that or I'll have to continue the practice of lunging for people's con badges and hoping their name as written on it matches their forum username.

As for the snow, we finally have roads but still no sidewalks so I am still stuck at home with my strays. X__X

Angel O' Dark M
02-18-2003, 09:46 AM
hee hee Yeah Its better to be a short Sailor moon then a freakishly tall one and you tower over the rest of your cosplaying senshi. *laugghs at the akwardness of her cosplay group*

Either way!! Sailor Moon did you have find any pictures of you with eternal jupiter and princess serenity with princess jupiter? I have been trying to find them for my cosplay scrap book.

Um.. yeah...I guess i shoul intro myself first. I was the sailor moon/ serenity from The cosplay skit. ..Anyways. I loved your costumes they were pretty.

And I do agree with SailorMo...even though i talked to ya a few times...you did give off that Usagi persona!! ^^

Anyways.. The snow was evil!!! It took me 6 hours to get home..and its normally only a 2hr drive!! *pouts* Stip snow!! Its pretty to look at but sucky to drive in....*sigh*

eh... oh well...

SailorAndromeda
02-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Yes, sailor_moon is definitely Usagi! She's so...happy! hehe
And short! *runs away*

Btw sailor_moon, I may be doing Super Sailor Moon this Otakon with Libby as Super Chibimoon. Maybe we can meet up for some photos if all goes well!

SailorMo
02-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Angel! I loved your skit!! WAI!! WAI!!

You've done Sailor Moon good. ::shakes hand::

Oh, btw, Chrissy from Sailor Moon Avatars was inquiring on the COSP ML about your group-- she obviously wants to invite you and your crew to be on her website... ^_^ Here it is if you're interested...
http://www.crimsonskycreations.com/sailormoonavatars/index.htm

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Angel, your skit rocked! How long did it take you guys to coordinate? cuz you pulled it off so well :O. You were in sync with the music and shtuff, was good stuff

I thought you were a pretty sailormoon though although I did think "Wow, Usagi had a growth spurt" :B

Sami
02-18-2003, 11:35 AM
> Long live the Cosplay Pile.

LOL WHEEE! I can't wait to get home and upload my photo of that.. XD

>As for the snow, we finally have roads but still no sidewalks so I am still stuck at home with my strays. X__X

LOL, you sound like an old lady with 573953 cats.. don't feel bad, I am still stuck at Kellie's. ;_; The damn plow better get here..

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 11:46 AM
hey, atleast a safe, bored cosplayer is better than a dead cosplayer. Id rather have you guys living and breathing, cuz dead people dont like to talk too much, nor give me free food :/.

Jibrille
02-18-2003, 12:10 PM
lookit me! i made it back ALIVE!
and so did arisuchan and angelyuki.

we are happy to have braved the snow and lived to tell the tale.

day 5 of 3 was short. THANK THE GODS. ^^;

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 12:23 PM
:: puts a giant magnifier over the areas with snow:: MELT DAMN YOU MEEEELT :O

Angel O' Dark M
02-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks minna!!! *BEAMS*

Well, its a long gueling process where we changed our song like twice everytime we do come up with something! *laughs*

But we had have been working on that one for..oh..geeze i wanna say 4 sundays befor the con?!

um.. maybe i should explian that! *sweatdrop* we all live in the same area so we met everysunday and practice from 12 to 5.
But its all fun!

Thanks Sailor Mo! *smiles* i will check that out!

*giggles* Yeah I understand that kataiya. It doesn't help being 5'10 naturaly and then wearing two in heels making you 6 ft. My poor poor mamo chan was almost shorter them me cause of that!!! *snickers*

Wow! another super sailor moon cosplayer!! that rocks!
My Group is finishing up with our sailor moon theme. we are debating on doing Super S or S for Otakon. either way its gonna be great...*blinks* i hope people will think so anyways.

*sneezes* I hate snow...so who else got sick!

Heather
02-18-2003, 01:06 PM
I got sick. O_O Of course I was sick to begin with but now it's just worse. >_< At least it was fun!

I wonder how many people are actually still stuck there....

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 01:22 PM
The roads arent THAT bad anymore, atleast you can see some pavement, and some airports are open so people should be getting back within today or tomorrow :o..

Heather
02-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Ok good. *feels bad for the people still there*

XDDDD

sailor-moon
02-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by SailorAndromeda
Yes, sailor_moon is definitely Usagi! She's so...happy! hehe
And short! *runs away*

Btw sailor_moon, I may be doing Super Sailor Moon this Otakon with Libby as Super Chibimoon. Maybe we can meet up for some photos if all goes well!

weeeee::dances:: hmmmm im be making chibi moon all grown up for otakon XD it would be funny to get me you, and your chibi in a pictures XD lol but yea, we must meet up either way^_~.

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Hopefully more people will know me by the time AMA or Otakon will roll around . I noticed alot of people but was too shy to say anything x.x So I didnt talk to alot of you. Maybe I should just write my Kataiya name on the badge or make a giant highlighted sign. But then again, Ill get glomped and that hurts my ribs :B

Angel O' Dark M
02-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Awww dont be shy!!!

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 02:18 PM
im not shy if people approach me, but if you're not in costume and not in the artists alley )shouldve done that, coulda made money ;-;) people arent likely to approach you often. Thats why I hope to have atleast one costume (Riot Leona) doen for AMA. And if people dun approach me, i can just go up to random KoF cosplayers and start attacking (Blood Riot XD) . Thats why WIll needs to cosplay Kyo, so I can pulverize...mwahaha :B

Angel O' Dark M
02-18-2003, 02:24 PM
AWW!!! Kyo from Fruits basket?!!!! *goggle yes*

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 02:48 PM
lol, I roomed with a girl OBSESSED with Kyo, and I did a 50 cent Kyo commission :B. But no, Kyo Kusanagi from KoF

Lady_Sephiroth
02-18-2003, 02:55 PM
I made it home! Yay for family in the area!
We left today (tuesday) and had a decent drive back, lucky us. I'm so glad to be home!

Katsucon ... the con that never ends. Ever.

Anyhoo, I was soo glad to meet everyone that I met. I know I'm fogetting some people, so forgive me, it;s been 2 days! Oshi, Celene, Al, Ranma, Rosiel, whoever was dressed as "broken Chii" at the table, it was great! I can't wait to do it again, and the photoshoot was awesome. Huzzah for stopping all traffic in the area! Whee! What a great con!

TyJILDown
02-18-2003, 02:58 PM
I just made a thread in General Chat for everyone who attended to check in and confirm they got home, as per requested by some still traveling back home. It should really be posted in this forum but it was posted in General chat so everyone would be sure to see the thread...

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7734

Neko Cathy
02-18-2003, 03:03 PM
<<See, the people with common sense just stayed there another night. Me? Me and my dad drove through the snow. In VA it wasnt so bad, only 5 inches or so. When we got back home to Frederick Maryland, there was 1.5 FEET of snow. Im sick of this white shit. T.T,>>
Exactly... Gawddamn it all. I have 2 feet of snow in my yard... wanna borrow some? XD And yes I was one of the idiots who did try to wing it on Sunday and made it with a struggle.

<<Katsucon was...so...disorganized...everything I went to like..opened late. ... OH WELL.>>
THANK YOU! That's why I think Katsucon sucked pretty bad besides getting to meet people on the Internet and chilling out with them. There wasn't much stuff I found in the dealers either besides my Di Gi Charat and Chobit plushies. The DDR tournament was the biggest disgust ever... they screwed me over w/ it... long story, read my Katsucon reports in my cosplay.com journal. Then again... I got spoiled for attending Otakon as my first ever Anime convention.

<< think the only people I met were rpd_girl and DJ Ranma S (who is the weakest link ... lol), But they were by far spme of the nicest people i met at the con.>>
::Gasps @ Alucard:: YOU'RE FORGETTING ME!!! I WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU IN THE REGISTRATION LINE IN A LAB COAT!!:(

<<OMG!! I *met* that Alucard!! He invited me on one of his elevator tours!!! LMAO!!!!! *waves at Alucard*>>
::looks at HeeroJF's avatar:: And I believe we've met too... I'm that chick you were with at the Otakon 2002 rave and the one in the lab coat that stopped by and said Hi while you were waiting in the "Katsucon registration train ride" (the line I mean) :)

I'm going to give Cosplayer shout outs in my Journal so it wouldn't be scrambled all over the board and people to go looking for them.

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Will and Sailor Moon shall draw me some pictures *-*

Ayaka
02-18-2003, 03:14 PM
I just got back . . . been up all night . . . spent like . . . 7 hours at the airport trying to get on standby, wound up on the same flight I was on to begin with (which left late). :P

But I have been through Katsucon and Katsucon 9.1/BlizzardCon and lived to tell the tale! :D Let's see if I'm coherent enough to get all the shout-outs . . . (probably not)

John Booty - Yah, wish I'd gotten to talk to you some more, but hey, there's other cons ahead. ^^ Rock on with the Milly.
Celine - It was so nice meeting you! Another person I wish I'd gotten to hang out with, but the con was pretty chaotic lol.
Pookie - Your outfit was so coool . . .
Rosiel and Khamryn and any of the Weiss group I'm forgetting - Whoo! Much coolness. ^^ Again . . . too bad we didn't have a chance to hang.
Oshi, Ranma, Stud - Ah I never got to say goodbye to you guys before I left . . . but anyway, hugs all around.
Ziggy, Moo, AJ - Thanks for making my con so fun. *hugs*
Saru and DeathXAngel - Ditto on that, and thanks for the chicken jerky balls of fire. (I think. O_x)
Yui (and co.)- DUCKIE! XD (Thank you! And we're SO doing a Guilty Gear X group. ^^)
Nietsche - yah we didn't talk that much . . . >_< Anyway, your costumes rock as much in person as in pics.
Al/Eurobeat King - You're awesome. Thanks for helping me out with poses for pics, and for being our Fearless Leader on several food runs. ^^
Lionel - Hardcore j-rocker! ^^ (And I didn't need to worry too much about taking pics cause I knew you had us covered.)
Kenshin Ken - nice to meet you, and thanks for the help with limbo practice ^^
Lilli - (hope I'm spelling it right) I think I'll probably take you up on the dye help, and thanks muchly for the DDR tips!
Margaux - Bellossom was SO cool. ^^
Daitenshi - Thanks for helping me kick the hotel properly lol ^^

And I KNOW I'm forgetting people . . . >_< Forgive me! I need to go get some sleep, or at least some food . . . *dies* I think there were a lot of people I saw/met, but didn't really do introductions with so if you're like, "I met you!" poke me with a stick and say so.

Sciguy
02-18-2003, 03:18 PM
I'M FINALLY BACK! I braved 2-3 FEET of snow and icy roads, but I am FINALLY back! Mua ha ha! I had a great time. As you all know, I was Miroku from Inu-Yasha. I got 14 girls to agree to bear my child! Including a bunny girl! MUA HA HA!

Neko Cathy: I loved hanging out with you three! It was so much fun, especially your russian friend, lol. GO PIMP MOOGLE!!! (ps: make sure to send the picture that Daria took of you in your room, thanks!)

SeymoreMother: You were so cute! I loved the evil Yuna costume! Totemo KAWAII!

Oshi: What's up, bro?

Eurobeat-ou (-ou means "king" in case you don't know): Great pictures you took of us, very good indeed!

Kell: Great costumes all around! I especially liked the Chun-li and Belldandy outfits. Your grandparents were so nice, too!

Sailor-Moon: You were awesome! short, but awesome! You and Seiya make a cute couple, too!

I'm sorry if I missed anyone! Please, PM me if I missed you or if you agreed to bear my child, lol.

sailor-moon
02-18-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Sciguy

Sailor-Moon: You were awesome! short, but awesome! You and Seiya make a cute couple, too!

LOL why does everyone think that XD ROFL XD heheeeeeeeee

Sciguy
02-18-2003, 04:28 PM
We don't think it, we KNOW it, lol!

And another Shout-out to Sailor Andromeda. I would have asked you to bear my child, but your husband was giving me a really menacing glare the entire time. lol

krystal1314
02-18-2003, 04:35 PM

And another Shout-out to Sailor Andromeda. I would have asked you to bear my child, but your husband was giving me a really menacing glare the entire time. lol

You asked my friend Kit aka. FFX-2 Rikku to bear your child, and needless to say, she wasn't very happy after that little stunt you pulled on her afterwards...

SailorAndromeda
02-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks Robbie, I feel better now, hehe :P
Uh-oh, what did you do now Miroku?? Did Rikku kick your butt afterwards?

sailor-moon
02-18-2003, 04:56 PM
typical miroku^^ heheee

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 06:02 PM
If I make a sign with game show lightbulbs highlighting my name with buzzer sounds will you people come up to me? :B

sailor-moon
02-18-2003, 06:03 PM
yea!!! ^o^

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 06:04 PM
Ill serenade you all with my horrible singing voice *-*

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 07:05 PM
seems like the roads are still not quite cleared up, so we have another day off school...Im not getting my edumacation

Kataiya
02-18-2003, 07:13 PM
say sailormoon...ill be your saturn if will dresses as sailor neptune XD

Sciguy
02-18-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by krystal1314
You asked my friend Kit aka. FFX-2 Rikku to bear your child, and needless to say, she wasn't very happy after that little stunt you pulled on her afterwards...
lol, sorry about that... but I'm sure that se enjoyed it, lol ;)

krystal1314
02-18-2003, 08:07 PM
lol, sorry about that... but I'm sure that se enjoyed it, lol ;)

Uhhh no she didn't... she was really pissed and felt violated...

Jin
02-18-2003, 08:25 PM
yeah she was pissed off.... and was exasperated by your lil action.. i think u may have traumatized her...

Ranma Saotome
02-18-2003, 10:06 PM
I'm finally home....

I justwanted to say wassup and hey all to everyone that I met... But I don't think I can remember it all. If you want, just attack me on AIM instead. ^^ DJ Ranma S is me SN. I'm off to find the rest of my sanity. :D

Kellie
02-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Welcome home to everyone everywhere! ^_~

Ranma Saotome
02-18-2003, 10:10 PM

Hehehehehe, I heard about you and the Asuka cosplayer... ;)

KuteKuririn
02-19-2003, 12:41 AM
snow blows!! yes out of all the days that it could have snowed, it had to choose the day of katsucon. sure, i'm grateful that i got out of school for at the moment 3 days but still. driving back was scary as anything!

damn plow trucks! dont drive behind them if you all want to live!!

anyways.... yeah we had wiper blade problems. did anyone else have that problem? htye would like, freeze and then not work. man it was a bitch. we could see better without using the wipers goign 40 than using them goign any kinda of speed.

at least i didnt drive. rahh to that.

yeah so its bad enuff wearing the wrong type of shoes trying to dig your way out. man were my socks soaked!

but yeah. i'm surprised even 695 in MD wasnt plowed. well it was but they wernt doing a good job of it. also, we saw soo many plow trucks that didnt plow! or salt for that matter! they just drove on by, like 50-60 mph past us in their oh so great 4 wheel drive!!

ok anyways. i'll most likely be back later and rant my ass off again about this damn snow.

oh yeha, here is a warning. dont be retarded liek me and try to go sledding in waist deep snow. man i'm short. it was a btich tryign to move around. went down the hill once and went back home i was soo tired. ok! stay happie people and be careful in the snow!

ja-ne!:bouncer:

Tenshi
02-19-2003, 02:00 AM
Well, this little desert-bred girl has seen enough snow to last her a lifetime >.>;;. I guess I was lucky I got out today at a quarter to 5. I just got home about 45 minutes ago. I wouldn't have minded being stuck there if it wasn't for the two tests I missed at school today.

As for shout-outs. . .all I know is I saw too little of you for too little time. I was running around like a headless chicken O_o;;.

Ginny
02-19-2003, 02:31 AM
I got home to Philly around noon Tuesday.

I just now updated my site with my one costume.

My sleeping is SO messed up right now.

ZiggyB
02-19-2003, 03:25 AM
Weee I'm back too!

I have to say that Katsu was a lot of fun... up until the "white death" as Lilli called it. :P

Thankfully we got our flight back Tuesday morning and by some miricle, we actually caught our connecting flight and didn't have to wait 8 hours for the next one. Hell our luggage even made it!

Um... I don't think I can list all of the people I've met... hehe, but it was fantastic meeting everyone! Hope to see you all at the next con, sans the snow storm of the century. :P

Ayaka: glad you made it back on. Sorry about the 7 hour wait. You should have went back to the hotel and slept. :P

John Booty/DiqialDreams: Jez, what the hell are you people on. ;)

Kell: Oh no! Hope you get back soon. Are there still people in the Otaku Refugee camp keeping you company?

Sanosuke
02-19-2003, 06:53 AM
*sigh* Been through every gallery known to man, and still no luck finding pictures of myself. If ANYONE finds pictures of Sanosuke (The one who was with the Kenshin-on-a-leash group), PLEASE send them to me NOW!

And also, just to clear up any misconceptions - The continued school and office closings are NOT because of hazardous road conditions. The main reason is because they cannot clear up the parking lots. I know that last Thursday, at my college, we had snow in the first space of each row and covering all the sidewalks. And that was BEFORE we got hit by this recent 2+ feet of snow. So, simply put, they have nowhere to put the snow, so they have to close because nobody can park. *shrug* Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they were wondering.

I'm also currently looking for costume suggestions for Otakon. I'm torn between the following:
Pac Man, Cait Sith, Vincent Valentine, or Eurobeat_king. Any ideas?

Giant Alucard
02-19-2003, 07:27 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I forgot about you Neko Cathy....sumimasen, sumimasen. I couldn't find you after I got my badge or i would have shown you my costume, Which happened to be better than i thought it would be, even without the hat. I made two of my friends wear lab coats though, very funny thing to see. One of my friends couldn't see the point of wearing it, so i told him it looked cool. He didn't think so, but them some guy came up beside us and said his costume was cool. My friend then said he was going to kill me and bury my body in the snow. hahahah, fun times. I don't think I'll go to the next katsu though, to much hasel. I couldn't take my bokken cause it was made of "real" wood. I'll just have to wait til otakon to accually have fun. I have already started on my 3 new costumes for the con, i just hope i get them done in time.

jamuko
02-19-2003, 11:07 AM
The people I was going with didn't want to drive through the snow, so we had to leave Saturday night... >.<
... but I was wearing a lab coat, too! ^^ Leon, from Star Ocean. We were looking for a Bowman, who also wears a lab coat, so I randomly went up to people in lab coats and either asked if they were Bowman or just said they looked cool to see if they would notice another Star Ocean person.
...none of them responded very interestingly... ^^;;

Kataiya
02-19-2003, 11:17 AM
Im glad most of you got home safely, although it may have been tiresome and boring. Now we can welcome back sleep and food.....mmm how I missed those things ever so much...

kelldar
02-19-2003, 11:34 AM
ahhhhhh I'm HOME!!! :D Got in about 9 this morning >< Spent last night in the airport. never thought I'd be so happy to see memphis *_*
will write more later after I sleep a bit...

Ranma Saotome
02-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by G-chan
I got home to Philly around noon Tuesday.

I just now updated my site with my one costume.

My sleeping is SO messed up right now.

Tell me about it... I couldn't even make it to class today. And now I have to leave in an hour for work! X.x

Kataiya
02-19-2003, 02:29 PM
Yeah, my sleep is kinda messed up but its gettin back to normal. I was up till 4 am cuz Mibuzen kept Hunter X Hunter playing although most everyone was sleeping and then I did my 50 cent Kyo commission until 2....x.x argh

Sciguy
02-20-2003, 12:08 AM
I'm lucky in that respect, someone pulled the fire alarm in our school's cafeteria, causing the sprinklers to flood it. That water then froze into a nice sheet of ice, which won't be cleared until next week. So, I don't have school for the next several days! The best part: this is considered a "code red" emergency so I don't have to make up the days that I miss! YAY for me!

Although, I am extremely sore, makes it hard to sleep sometimes...

neoangelwink
02-22-2003, 11:55 PM
im happy very home now and safe ^_^ hi very one ^_^ that meet at katus9.

residue
02-23-2003, 07:47 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, snow

me go up(nice ass huh)
http://chokeonyourself.homestead.com/files/DSCN0468.JPG

me go down
http://chokeonyourself.homestead.com/files/DSCN0469.JPG