02-07-2006, 08:32 PM
does anyone have any idea how to make chii's ears~~
or if there's a place to buy it expect from the internet~~

xkiddo
02-09-2006, 04:33 PM
a lot of people sell them on eBay

Amiya
02-09-2006, 04:41 PM
I used foam to make mine, held together by a headband...

shadowangel
02-09-2006, 09:39 PM
i wanted to buy from ebay but i dont have a visa card~~and my mom doesnt like me spending money for cosplay so she wouldnt let me borrow hers~~

and where do you buy the foam~and what glue do you use??

Temperance
02-09-2006, 11:26 PM
buy craft sheet foam from a craft store; lewis craft or Michaels. You can use plain white glue on sheet foam, but I preferr super glue to save time. Once your foam ears have been created you can attacht hem to your ears with a headband or ribbon or something, or bend some wire to curve around and hug them to your ears like those headphone ear clips.
Good luck hon!

shadowangel
02-09-2006, 11:44 PM
now i basically know how to make it..but where can you get hotglue guns???

Yunri-Chan
02-10-2006, 01:28 AM
You're going to actually buy one?? I mean, I don't own one myself, but most of the good glue guns are kind of expensive. You may want to see if you have a friend that has one or something.

But I highly recommend using a glue gun anyways... Don't get discouraged, the ears come out really well with this method. I've done it before. :)

Amiya
02-10-2006, 09:04 AM
now i basically know how to make it..but where can you get hotglue guns???

You can get them from almost anywhere. When I made mine, I got my glue gun from the dollar store (I have a better one now). It cost me a total of $5 Canadian to make it, good luck on yours ^_^

Sammeh
02-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Yay for dollar stores. XD I just spent ten dollars on JUnk food there. ^^; But I also bought a hiar clip thingy for my Ed costume... since my hair isn't long enough for a ponytail. Nothing fancy, but it'll work.

Anyway, on the Chii ears. I think foam looks quite nice. It just looks so cool and animey. Heh... my post was like no help what-so-ever.

Temperance
02-11-2006, 12:29 PM
you can buy a cheap craft glue gun at a craft store where you buy the sheet foam. $5-$10 will get you a small glue gun to get you started.

shadowangel
02-12-2006, 03:11 PM
i just thought of a new idea~!!
if i use beads to make a chii ear it will be easier and it will look different from everyone else's~~
but i dont know if its a good idea~~

Sammeh
02-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Ohh... beaded? You mean like soliud beads? I think that'd look pretty unique. And if done properly, pretty spiffy.

shadowangel
02-13-2006, 04:50 PM
i was trying to come up with a parttern for the beaded chii ears~~
i'll post a picture when i actually does~
but theres a pretty big chance that i'll give up after a few days~~