PDA

View Full Version : SSBM Costume Reference Tip

TransurrealisTristan
02-07-2006, 09:33 PM
We all love SSBM.The fighting,the weapons and of course,in a cosplayer's eyes...The COSTUMES.:bigtu:

Alas,these are very complicated and we spend hours staring at the trophies and screencaps and such.However,I've got a method I use when I want to do a SSBM cosplay.Here's what you do:

1)Start up a Giant Melee match.
2)Choose the character you wish to cosplay as.
3)Head off to your favorite stage.Make sure it's big enough.Ignore poorly lighted stages as well as irregular ones and awkward camera stages.It also must let you able to zoom in real close on your character.
4)Make sure all items are switched off during the fight,have a sketchpad ready and don't forget opponents.Pick 3 level 1 computer opponents,find 3 friends who are willing to let you have some time to yourself or 3 cosplayer friends who want to do SSBM cosplay with you.
5)Start the match!
6)Find a good spot on the arena to have some down time with your character and then pause.It's a good idea to let the opponents beat the crap out of each other while you do this and then...
7)PAUSE!I can't tell you how important it is to have this function.Otherwise,it's just another Giant Melee.
8)After everything has been done,there's one thing left to do!Defeat the other opponents when you're finished!It gives you a good ol' battle after working hard on sketches and it's fun!:)

This is also a great method for those who want to do SSBM fanart.:toothy:

Hopefully,this helps.

Otaru_Mamiya
02-22-2006, 12:21 PM
You can easily avoid the trouble by going to "Training Mode", selecting your character and then selecting the stage. The computer will not do anything unless you tell it to! =)

TransurrealisTristan
02-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Nah.Tried it before when I wanted to do Mars.He flicks his hair and the camera goes wonky.Too much trouble.I take it you're a SSBM cosplayer?