PDA

View Full Version : AniZona Newbies

mercygraves
02-08-2006, 04:48 PM
My bro (eccentricshinobi) and I MIGHT be going to AniZona this year, and I wanted to ask if any of you had gone before - is it cool? The hotel looks awesome! Alright, catch you later.

mercygraves
mercygraves@hotmail.com

SohjiroX
02-08-2006, 06:37 PM
This is my second....well I'm sure its some peoples second since its the second time its been around but in anycase, it was great last time and I assure you will have fun, if not meet people and know the community of cosplay there.

mercygraves
02-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Do you know if there is a Fullmetal crowd going there? I'm cosplaying as Colonel Roy Mustang, FYI.

mercygraves

Eurobeat King
02-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Do you know if there is a Fullmetal crowd going there? I'm cosplaying as Colonel Roy Mustang, FYI.

mercygraves

If you want to, start a new thread and ask if anyone is going to cosplay as FMA characters that weekend. ex: "Full Metal Alchemist gathering at Anizona 2006" Bear in mind though, that if you start a thread, you may be the one in charge of forming a gathering, so prepare for that responsibility..

Frank_Castle
02-21-2006, 03:02 AM

mercygraves

http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99

Five forum pages of AniZona2 FMA cosplay gathering info

Enjoy!

EDIT- Crossposted in FMA Gathering Topic

mercygraves
03-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Yo, thanks a bunch for getting me on track with the FMA peeps at AniZona. Hawkeye's been out of the office, and I can't seem to figure out anything without her (ha ha)!

Daniyel
mercygraves@hotmail.com

EccentricShinob
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Hey this is MercyGraves' brother, and imm gunna be Maes Hughes so I think ill start the gathering thread ^_^

anime6550
04-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Okay...how does thsi work? Do we just put on our costumes in our hotel room and go downstairs and go about like normal? ...I haven't officialy cosplayed before so I'm not sure what to do...BTW, I'm going as Sephiroth...

(I need new boots)

EccentricShinob
04-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Okay...how does thsi work? Do we just put on our costumes in our hotel room and go downstairs and go about like normal? ...I haven't officialy cosplayed before so I'm not sure what to do...BTW, I'm going as Sephiroth...

(I need new boots)
Oh Haha! You underestimate us good sir!!! We csplay through the whole hotel and those of us who are proud of it go outside the hotel too! This isnt some closet thing, its big and bold and loud.

anime6550
04-07-2006, 03:57 PM
thats what I meant by normal...just go about the day like you would any other day! Lol, I went so far as to cosplay I think I would have gone to far to try and hide it! What I was asking was if there was some kind of special thing we had to do first...like a sign-up or some kinda of special line ro something. I don't know. Is it like halloween during school? Just get in your costume and go! (Probably)

Eurobeat King
04-07-2006, 04:36 PM
thats what I meant by normal...just go about the day like you would any other day! Lol, I went so far as to cosplay I think I would have gone to far to try and hide it! What I was asking was if there was some kind of special thing we had to do first...like a sign-up or some kinda of special line ro something. I don't know. Is it like halloween during school? Just get in your costume and go! (Probably)

Where & when you wear a costume is entirely up to you.

Once you're in costume, you have the freedom to walk around wherever, and be admired by fans as you go. (depending on the costume & series) The only lines you would stand in while in costume would be for pre-reg. and at-con reg., a line to sign-up for the Saturday night cosplay contest (if there IS a line for signing-up) or maybe a line at con-ops or security if you needed to get your costume-props/weapons peace-bonded. (Sakuracon 2 weeks ago, there was a loooong line for peace-bonding, as sooo many people had to get their swords & props bonded before walking anywhere, even before heading to registration.) :thumbsup:

Also, make sure that if there's a gathering for your respective costume (like Final Fantasy), make sure you be there at the appropriate time & place so you can join in the fun along with the others for your group! :)

anime6550
04-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks, you answered my question!

Prepare yourselves Arizona: Sephiroth comes for you!!

"SIN HARVEST ANGEL!"

EDIT:
I have another question...I get in Thurs. and I believe thats when I pick up my badge. BUT when should we get up and what happens then? DO we go down and get in line or something?