PDA

View Full Version : Group photos/Gatherings for FF and/or Naruto cosplayers?

SailorKagome
02-08-2006, 05:46 PM
AMA is sloooowly getting closer, and I was wondering if anyone had any group gatherings, group photos, that sort of thing in mind.

Myself, my sister, and my best friend will be going as FFAC Aeris, Tifa, and Yuffie, so I would love to get some group photos with other FF cosplayers.

Since we also have Sakura, Rin, and Ino costumes, might as well drag those along, too, so I'd also like to get some Naruto group photos.

Anyone who would like to get together for some FF and/or Naruto group stuff, just post, and it shouldn't be too hard to arrange something. ^_^

Shinomori Misao
02-09-2006, 02:00 PM
hey tiph! ^_^

SailorKagome
02-09-2006, 02:35 PM
hey tiph! ^_^

WENDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XD

HEY! :D I'm just going to call you now, lol. ^_^

But, yeah. What time do you think we'll get there (AMA), Friday? And *should* we stay for two nights, or just leave really late Saturday?

RedIce611
02-20-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm getting a costume together with some help to go as Barrett. A friend is going as Cloud. I'm sure we'll be there on Friday to take pics, but it's still pretty early. More as it develops.:bigtu:

AnimatedPoison
02-20-2006, 09:36 PM
<~ AC Cloud. I just posted about this a day or two ago.. -_-;

SailorKagome
02-24-2006, 12:13 AM
<~ AC Cloud. I just posted about this a day or two ago.. -_-;

Heh, it's about time some people started posting. :D I've been waiting since the start of the month for some responses to this. :D

Anyway, I'll see you there!

BWMissWednesday
02-24-2006, 01:53 PM
I'll take pictures with you guys in my Tenten costume ~^^~

AnimatedPoison
02-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Heh, it's about time some people started posting. :D I've been waiting since the start of the month for some responses to this. :D

Anyway, I'll see you there!

It looks like we'll have a good portion of the AC cast for AMA :) The count so far has Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Cloud, Barrett, Loz, Yazoo, and Sephiroth.

SailorKagome
02-24-2006, 09:54 PM
It looks like we'll have a good portion of the AC cast for AMA :) The count so far has Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Cloud, Barrett, Loz, Yazoo, and Sephiroth.

Awesome :D We just need.... Reno and Rude and Rufus! And other random people, lol.

Also, I was a bit confused and just wanted to clear this up.... When you said you had just posted this (that you are going to be Cloud, etc) a day or two ago.... What exactly did you mean? Did you mean that you had *already* posted a thread like this? Because I posted this back at the beginning of the month, and I just kinda felt like you were saying, well, *I* already did this, so why did *you*?

but, of course, I'm probably misconstruing this..... @_@ No offense or anything at all! I was just a little.... very confused and like, wha? I really hope I'm not sounding like a jerk or anything. :_:

SailorKagome
02-24-2006, 09:54 PM
I'll take pictures with you guys in my Tenten costume ~^^~

Sweet :D

AnimatedPoison
02-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Awesome :D We just need.... Reno and Rude and Rufus! And other random people, lol.

Also, I was a bit confused and just wanted to clear this up.... When you said you had just posted this (that you are going to be Cloud, etc) a day or two ago.... What exactly did you mean? Did you mean that you had *already* posted a thread like this? Because I posted this back at the beginning of the month, and I just kinda felt like you were saying, well, *I* already did this, so why did *you*?

but, of course, I'm probably misconstruing this..... @_@ No offense or anything at all! I was just a little.... very confused and like, wha? I really hope I'm not sounding like a jerk or anything. :_:

Just posted my status the other day in a different thread. Not a big deal >_>;

I'm trying to convince a friend to cosplay Vincent. That's another one of those cosplays that's so extremely popular right now (thanks to AC and DoC), I can't imagine there not being one at AMA too.

BTW, am I missing something about Reno? I've spotted three cosplayers in the past week posing as him with their tongues poking out. Am I missing something there? X_X; Doesn't seem very in-character, despite him being part of the comic relief in AC...

SailorKagome
02-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Just posted my status the other day in a different thread. Not a big deal >_>;

I'm trying to convince a friend to cosplay Vincent. That's another one of those cosplays that's so extremely popular right now (thanks to AC and DoC), I can't imagine there not being one at AMA too.

BTW, am I missing something about Reno? I've spotted three cosplayers in the past week posing as him with their tongues poking out. Am I missing something there? X_X; Doesn't seem very in-character, despite him being part of the comic relief in AC...

omg, Vincent. If you can get a Vincent, I will <3 you. ._.

For some reason, the tongue-sticking out thing and Reno sound familiar. My friend has the dvd, so if I have time, I'll watch it and check. But, hmm. I mean, it could be some huge coincidence, though I doubt it. If it's not from AC though, I'm just curious as to why they were all doing it. Or maybe they're all just channeling Orochimaru......

Mm, also, how has making your AC Cloud gone? ^_^ I read somewhere here that it costs about $400 to make, and, just woooow. I really want to make one, but I don't have that kind of money yet. XD

AnimatedPoison
02-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Mm, also, how has making your AC Cloud gone? ^_^ I read somewhere here that it costs about $400 to make, and, just woooow. I really want to make one, but I don't have that kind of money yet. XD

I've neglected it for a good week or two now because of college. Usually the last two weeks of my semesters cause me to lose any time for hobbies. :(

Cost depends mostly on the materials you use (the nicer, the more expensive), and how often you screw up LOL All I have left is the boots, and the wig. The wig is a nightmare (and there's plenty of evidence for that all over the site)! I'm trying to get a more natural style though, instead of Pomade-to-Death. I may redo the arm cover because I'm not satisfied with it the way it is. I'm very small-framed so it's difficult to find things that fit without sliding.

I'm refusing to keep track of the cost because I don't want to upset myself! It's not very cheap. I had custom tailoring on it though, and there's fake leather invovled, so it's to be expected. Based on what I can remember though, I'm around that number. The costs of some things were inflated because of shipping from Hong Kong/China for things like the earrings and tailoring. International shipping is brutal ^_^; As long as you collect a regular paycheck and stagger your spending, it's not as bad as it looks. I only work part-time so I'm not made of money. I just wait until I've saved enough for the next step (and I started the costume half a year ahead of the con, always good to have that kind of time). But I still don't want to know what it cost me. :D

SailorKagome
02-26-2006, 12:23 PM
I've neglected it for a good week or two now because of college. Usually the last two weeks of my semesters cause me to lose any time for hobbies. :(

Cost depends mostly on the materials you use (the nicer, the more expensive), and how often you screw up LOL All I have left is the boots, and the wig. The wig is a nightmare (and there's plenty of evidence for that all over the site)! I'm trying to get a more natural style though, instead of Pomade-to-Death. I may redo the arm cover because I'm not satisfied with it the way it is. I'm very small-framed so it's difficult to find things that fit without sliding.

I'm refusing to keep track of the cost because I don't want to upset myself! It's not very cheap. I had custom tailoring on it though, and there's fake leather invovled, so it's to be expected. Based on what I can remember though, I'm around that number. The costs of some things were inflated because of shipping from Hong Kong/China for things like the earrings and tailoring. International shipping is brutal ^_^; As long as you collect a regular paycheck and stagger your spending, it's not as bad as it looks. I only work part-time so I'm not made of money. I just wait until I've saved enough for the next step (and I started the costume half a year ahead of the con, always good to have that kind of time). But I still don't want to know what it cost me. :D

If you're having a lot of trouble with the wig, I have a friend who comissions them, and they're priced well, too. ^_^ I'm ordering....... 8+ wigs from her. XDDDD

And I know that end of semester feeling..... XD I'll be having it, too, right around AMA time.

And, yipes. International shipping.... *cringes* I was looking at a Sakura figure to buy, and the shipping was $17.00! It's *insane*.

I can't wait to see your costume :D It's sounds great, and we'll be able to get some awesome AC group pictures. It's funny, actually, because me and my friend (Aeris and Tifa) were hoping to run into a Cloud for pictures. :D

And good luck with the boots! Are you going to be making them yourself?

theonlyangel77
02-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Im trying to put together a Resident evil/ devil may cry photo shoot.. so far i have a Ada wong, Leon, Jack Krauser all from RE 4, and Dante from DMC. If you know anyone who wants to join in let me know! Thanks :)

SailorKagome
02-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Im trying to put together a Resident evil/ devil may cry photo shoot.. so far i have a Ada wong, Leon, Jack Krauser all from RE 4, and Dante from DMC. If you know anyone who wants to join in let me know! Thanks :)

Ooooh. I won't be dressing from those this time, but I'll be sure to stop by and get a lot of pictures. :D (DANTE! Yay! And Leon. :D)

theonlyangel77
02-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I know and what’s funny is Ryan (Dante) is one of my best friends and he and my boyfriend (Jack Krauser) are working out just so they can "be muscular" enough to play the characters. Dante is single too, and is defiantly stoked about all the anime girls everywhere! Please feel Free to attack if you want too…lol… my boyfriend and I went to katsucon as Tohru and Kyo from fruits basket and he was mauled everywhere he went! All I heard was “ Kyo, Kyo, oh my gosh he’s the cutest Kyo I’ve ever seen..can we take your picture”..lol…lol :) I think that’s why Ryan picked Dante! Plus Ryan is cute, so he’ll make a good one! lol

SailorKagome
02-26-2006, 03:43 PM
I know and what’s funny is Ryan (Dante) is one of my best friends and he and my boyfriend (Jack Krauser) are working out just so they can "be muscular" enough to play the characters. Dante is single too, and is defiantly stoked about all the anime girls everywhere!

So...he won't... *mind* if I hug him? Sweet! :D

lol, it's funny, we have identical '06 convention lists. :D

theonlyangel77
02-26-2006, 03:50 PM
man... were you at katsu? Josh had bright orange hair on sat. you can see in my gallery... oh HUG AWAY.... lol

SailorKagome
02-26-2006, 04:05 PM
man... were you at katsu? Josh had bright orange hair on sat. you can see in my gallery... oh HUG AWAY.... lol

Nope, not Katsu this year, I got sick. >.< (Caught it from my brother and sister, gave it to my bf and drama teacher. HAH. XDD) I will be going next year though. :D And possibly having my birthday party there, too. :D

But, I'll see you at AMA, Otakon, AnimeUSA, and Nekocon. XD

I'll also make sure to hug Dante, and the rest of you, for good measure. XD

theonlyangel77
02-26-2006, 04:07 PM
lol... sounds like a plan! but be prepared to squeezed, the boys can't resist a cute gurl..lol..

SailorKagome
02-26-2006, 04:13 PM
lol... sounds like a plan! but be prepared to squeezed, the boys can't resist a cute gurl..lol..

Then I guess it's a good thing my bf won't be there, because he has this jealousy thing, lol. XD But, oh, well. :P I don't mind being hugged, anyway~~

theonlyangel77
02-26-2006, 04:24 PM
lol...mine has a jealously thing too, but its funny to me when other people give him attention... It makes me think "thats mine..haha you cant have him" lol.. Ryan's (dante) like my brother, he's my boyfriends bestfriend. WHy doesnt your boyfriend go with you to a con? mine would never let me go without him...lol

SailorKagome
02-26-2006, 04:42 PM
lol...mine has a jealously thing too, but its funny to me when other people give him attention... It makes me think "thats mine..haha you cant have him" lol.. Ryan's (dante) like my brother, he's my boyfriends bestfriend. WHy doesnt your boyfriend go with you to a con? mine would never let me go without him...lol

lol, well, he's actually agreed to go with me to conventions AND cosplay, he just can't go to AMA. Maybe nekocon. :D

It's funny when they get attention... Until the girls are completely ignoring the fact that I'm standing *right there*. XD

theonlyangel77
02-26-2006, 04:50 PM
oh yea...then you just grab him and show them who's in control, then the girls just role there eyes and walk away..lol

SailorKagome
02-26-2006, 04:59 PM
oh yea...then you just grab him and show them who's in control, then the girls just role there eyes and walk away..lol

LMAO. He would *love* if I did that. XD

Oooh, would this conversation be considered off-topic? XD

theonlyangel77
02-26-2006, 06:55 PM
lol... I guess so... LMAO

SailorKagome
02-26-2006, 07:21 PM
lol... I guess so... LMAO

Hahahaha, oh, well. I don't think we're allowed to have a thread just for conversing, are we? XD I guess that means either PM or IM (mine is fieldhockeykicks [AIM]).

AnimatedPoison
02-26-2006, 11:48 PM
If you're having a lot of trouble with the wig, I have a friend who comissions them, and they're priced well, too. ^_^ I'm ordering....... 8+ wigs from her. XDDDD

I can't wait to see your costume :D It's sounds great, and we'll be able to get some awesome AC group pictures. It's funny, actually, because me and my friend (Aeris and Tifa) were hoping to run into a Cloud for pictures. :D

And good luck with the boots! Are you going to be making them yourself?

I'd have to look first (even though I insist on pressing on with my own, because I won't give in until I've failed beyond fail :D ) because I'm anal-retentive about this wig. ^^; I looked into commissions before I decide to take it on myself, and it's just a hard wig, that's all it comes down to. I don't want to say anybody did a bad job of it. It's hard X_X; There's been one person who has measured up to my anal retentiveness and sooner or later I'll bribe her with enough money... :D

I'm dying for spring to kick in because my costume smells. SMELLS, I tell you, of leatheryness. I'm waiting for fair weather to air it out. Cloud must have been a drag to be around when he first rigged that outfit up.

I'm going to modify boots, because nobody makes 3-zippered boots. My plan is to just make a sleeve with the zippers on it to fit over the boots I have.

(And just so you know, calling people to ask if they sell zippers is like calling to ask if the aliens have landed yet. ^_^; )

AnimatedPoison
02-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I know and what’s funny is Ryan (Dante) is one of my best friends and he and my boyfriend (Jack Krauser) are working out just so they can "be muscular" enough to play the characters. Dante is single too, and is defiantly stoked about all the anime girls everywhere!

Hey, uh.. some of us are also working out to have some muscle tone. Nothing wrong with that -_-;; I'm not really going for a Starvation Cloud look, I need at least toned arms.

If I wasn't moving northward this summer, I'd probably be heading to the same conventions as you both. I actually live closest to Katsu, but I didn't go because I don't like that con. Or D.C. I went to Anime USA in November, which was a lot of fun, and I'm even a bit disappointed I won't be going next year. I used to live in Va Beach, so I went to Neko and AMA yearly until '03. Had babies by then and I had moved too. I went to AMA in '04, but skipped last year because nobody made it worth my while to go.

The real reason I want to go to AMA this year is because Johnny Young Bosch is going to be there. XD

theonlyangel77
02-27-2006, 07:46 AM
sorry, i wasn't joking on people who want to work out! lol I need to do a few myself to pull off Nina Williams- Death by Degrees, ^_^
Katsu was pretty good, but it wasn't "over the top"
Hope to see you guys at the con!

SailorKagome
02-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Hey, uh.. some of us are also working out to have some muscle tone. Nothing wrong with that -_-;; I'm not really going for a Starvation Cloud look, I need at least toned arms.

Gold's Gym. Nice monthly fee, seperate places for men and woman to work out. :D A lot of my friends go there, and they say it's awesome. My dad just got me a membership, and I've even got a personal trainer. :D (I'm so excited; I'll definately be able to make field hockey nationals!)

Oh, gawd, zippers. I know how you feel..... -_- I can never find any good ones.... It took forever to find ones for my tj Sakura, and they still weren't right.

But as for making shoes/sleeves, I had asked about it before, and here's a thread on it, if you need any help. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=72375&highlight=boots

XDDD Won't a fan work for airing it out? Or would that just blow the smell around....

SailorKagome
02-27-2006, 08:56 AM
sorry, i wasn't joking on people who want to work out! lol I need to do a few myself to pull off Nina Williams- Death by Degrees, ^_^
Katsu was pretty good, but it wasn't "over the top"
Hope to see you guys at the con!

Angel- This is incredibly off-topic (even more than we already are XD), but I was wondering if you are in the CAC (Chesapeake Anime Club)? I just joined, and I'll be coming to the next meeting, whenever that is. :D

theonlyangel77
02-27-2006, 10:45 AM
no... i didnt know we had one? gosh I want to join..do you have the info?

SailorKagome
02-27-2006, 11:57 AM
no... i didnt know we had one? gosh I want to join..do you have the info?

Here's a link to the club's site. http://chesapeakeanime.com

If you do join, that would be awesome. :D

theonlyangel77
02-27-2006, 02:38 PM
joined the thread...

AnimatedPoison
02-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Gold's Gym. Nice monthly fee, seperate places for men and woman to work out. :D A lot of my friends go there, and they say it's awesome. My dad just got me a membership, and I've even got a personal trainer. :D (I'm so excited; I'll definately be able to make field hockey nationals!)

Oh, gawd, zippers. I know how you feel..... -_- I can never find any good ones.... It took forever to find ones for my tj Sakura, and they still weren't right.

But as for making shoes/sleeves, I had asked about it before, and here's a thread on it, if you need any help. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=72375&highlight=boots

XDDD Won't a fan work for airing it out? Or would that just blow the smell around....

Meh, I don't need a gym. We have barbells and weights at home. As a single mom I can't afford a gym, either financially or timewise. My boys are my personal trainers, they keep me running all day long ^_^

Easy to get zippers at Joann's or Hancock Fabrics though, and the staff there usually can educate you if you have no idea what you're doing LOL

Thanks for the link!

I'm thinking a fan wouldn't air it out because that fake leather smell has to blow somewhere, right? I'll be glad to pollute the neighborhood air with that smell. I don't like the kids around here anyway. Maybe I'll tell them that smell is from the last kid who left trash on my lawn ^.^

There's also the Virginia Cosplay Society in the forums if you want to find locals. Looks like Kagome already found that though :D

theonlyangel77
02-28-2006, 09:40 AM
oh before I forget, I'll be at AMA this year as
Ada Wong (biohazard 4 <aka resident evil>)
Nina Williams (death by degrees <know her from tekken>)
Tohru Honda (fruits Basket)

If anyone wants to group up for photo's let me know!
YAY ^_^

SailorKagome
02-28-2006, 07:47 PM
oh before I forget, I'll be at AMA this year as
Ada Wong (biohazard 4 <aka resident evil>)
Nina Williams (death by degrees <know her from tekken>)
Tohru Honda (fruits Basket)

If anyone wants to group up for photo's let me know!
YAY ^_^

I'm not cosplaying from any of those, but I'd take pictures, anyway. XD

I'll be Aeris (FFAC) and TJ Sakura (Naruto).

theonlyangel77
03-01-2006, 08:35 AM
I always love the Naruto shoots, there's always such a big group! It's awesome! Maybe I'll join in next time. I love FF X, I'd have to go as LuLu, but that costume... its expensive and alot of work! I made it a goal of mine :)

xOtaku316x
03-01-2006, 04:15 PM
There should definitely be Final Fantasy and Naruto photoshoots! They're so much fun.

I'll be there (definitely) as Advent Children Tifa, and (hopefully) as Sasuke from Naruto. xD

SailorKagome
03-01-2006, 07:56 PM
There should definitely be Final Fantasy and Naruto photoshoots! They're so much fun.

I'll be there (definitely) as Advent Children Tifa, and (hopefully) as Sasuke from Naruto. xD

Sweet! :D Now to just decide when and where to have the photoshoots, lol. XD

And, hahaha, we have a Sakura and an Ino. Should make for some funny pictures. XD

AnimatedPoison
03-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Sweet! :D Now to just decide when and where to have the photoshoots, lol. XD

And, hahaha, we have a Sakura and an Ino. Should make for some funny pictures. XD

I personally save my best costumes for Saturday, since I have the entire day for them, and there's a good chance I had sleep the night before. XD I also tend to get in later than I'd like on Fridays. Even though I live pretty close to this con, it's still a battle against D.C. Metro area traffic + I-95 on a Friday, so it could take two to three times as long to get there because of that.

SailorKagome
03-01-2006, 08:49 PM
I personally save my best costumes for Saturday, since I have the entire day for them, and there's a good chance I had sleep the night before. XD I also tend to get in later than I'd like on Fridays. Even though I live pretty close to this con, it's still a battle against D.C. Metro area traffic + I-95 on a Friday, so it could take two to three times as long to get there because of that.

I know what you mean about Fridays. XD We missed about half of Friday at Nekocon. Indeed, though, I have noticed that Saturday's seem to be the best cosplay days.

So sometime on Saturday? Maybe before lunch, so afterwards, a bunch of us could all go out and get some pizza or something.

theonlyangel77
03-02-2006, 08:28 AM
ok so I'll be taking photo's of you guys sat too!!! Im pumped!

SailorKagome
03-02-2006, 02:47 PM
ok so I'll be taking photo's of you guys sat too!!! Im pumped!

Yay! :D Come to lunch with us, too? ^_^

I can't *wait* to see the looks on people's faces when we all go for food..... XDDDD

theonlyangel77
03-02-2006, 02:53 PM
of course!!! where are you guys going? got any ideas???

SailorKagome
03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
of course!!! where are you guys going? got any ideas???

Not sure yes. Still have to decide where to have the photoshoot and where to eat. I'm probably going to have to drive to Richmond. XD

However, I was thinking pizza, maybe. That way, we could all chip in for a couple large pizzas. Know of any pizza places near the con?

theonlyangel77
03-02-2006, 03:20 PM
ha i have no idea :).. i'll do some research and get back with you guys !!! After all I google all day anywayz..lol... gotta love reception jobs!

SailorKagome
03-02-2006, 03:30 PM
ha i have no idea :).. i'll do some research and get back with you guys !!! After all I google all day anywayz..lol... gotta love reception jobs!

Sweet. :D

And I'll see if maybe I and Wendy can drive up to Richmond to check the area out. Either her, or my bf, because he actually knows how to get there. XDD

theonlyangel77
03-02-2006, 03:34 PM
2 For 1 Pizza & Subs
223 E Grace St, Richmond, VA (0.16 miles away)

Whats Up Pizza
223 E Grace St, Richmond, VA (0.16 miles away)

Romanza Pizzeria & Deli
213 E Grace St, Richmond, VA (0.16 miles away)

Piccola Italy Pizza & Subs
110 W Main St, Richmond, VA (0.39 miles away)

these are pizza places....... and Chinese
New Hong Kong Restaurants
404 N 2nd St, Richmond, VA (0.06 miles away)

Dragon Wok
550 E Marshall St # 10919, Richmond, VA (0.15 miles away)

and can't foget about our lovely Japanese Friends:
but unfortunatly the closest one is 1/2 a mile away!!! lol
Yamato Japanese Steak & Sushi
19 S 13th St, Richmond, VA (0.68 miles away)

let me know what ya think and I'll map it out!!!!

SailorKagome
03-02-2006, 03:49 PM
You rock! :D

Okay, so I pinned it down to two.... A pizza/deli and a Chinese. That way we have some options.

Romanza Pizzeria & Deli

Thanks for doing this! :D

AnimatedPoison
03-02-2006, 03:58 PM
You rock! :D

Okay, so I pinned it down to two.... A pizza/deli and a Chinese. That way we have some options.

Romanza Pizzeria & Deli

Thanks for doing this! :D

For the sake of not having to parallel park, and repeatedly lose parking space near the hotel, walking distance is preferable. Downtown Richmond also isn't exactly the safest place to be walking around ^___^; Walking in a group is always a good idea!

SailorKagome
03-02-2006, 04:03 PM
For the sake of not having to parallel park, and repeatedly lose parking space near the hotel, walking distance is preferable. Downtown Richmond also isn't exactly the safest place to be walking around ^___^; Walking in a group is always a good idea!

Yeah. I tried to pick the closest and best-seeming places. This way we can walk, and DEFINATELY in a group. You would not catch me walking around alone in Richmond. XDDD

theonlyangel77
03-03-2006, 08:12 AM
yep I agree... We'll have 3 big Guys who look scarry with us...that might help alot... lol....

SailorKagome
03-03-2006, 01:35 PM
yep I agree... We'll have 3 big Guys who look scarry with us...that might help alot... lol....

lol, sweet. :D

Okay, so, I was thinking about times, and maybe we can meet up for photos at 11, 11:30-ish, then go to lunch around noon. But I'm not sure.... How long exactly do you think it will take for the photoshoots?

ALSO. This photoshot -the saturday lunch one- will be the FF one. I've just pmed dustbunny, who is also trying to set up a Naruto shoot, and hopefully we can work something out.

So this will be the FF one, and angel, if you find anymore DMC, Resident Evil, etc, cosplayers, just bring them along, too. We're all video games, after all. :D

theonlyangel77
03-03-2006, 01:41 PM
well.. most people take photos around 12 so we might want to go later than that, or go at 11 and get back by 12... I like being there when everyone is trying to take pics cuz then I get some good shots!

SailorKagome
03-03-2006, 01:43 PM
well.. most people take photos around 12 so we might want to go later than that, or go at 11 and get back by 12... I like being there when everyone is trying to take pics cuz then I get some good shots!

Oh, okay. :D

Let's see, well, there are several other threads setting up shoots, so we'll take their timing into consideration, as well. But, just off the top of my head, maybe we can take pictures at ten-ish, eat at eleven, and get back by noon?

theonlyangel77
03-03-2006, 01:53 PM
that sounds perfect!!!!!! :)

AnimatedPoison
03-03-2006, 08:32 PM
that sounds perfect!!!!!! :)

We keep getting earlier and earlier here.. >_>; It takes some time for me to suit up (freakin' belts everywhere! you should see the process lol) plus the wig. How early are you planning to have me up.. ;_;

SailorKagome
03-03-2006, 08:46 PM
We keep getting earlier and earlier here.. >_>; It takes some time for me to suit up (freakin' belts everywhere! you should see the process lol) plus the wig. How early are you planning to have me up.. ;_;

I suppose it could always be after noon (around one), but that would mean lunch at noon, which is when most shoots are, and a lot of people would want to take pictures.

Since myself, you, and angel are the minds behind this, maybe we should talk on IM about this? It would be a lot easier, lol. And, heck, if you want some help suiting up, we'd be more than willing to help. :D

But, yeah.... What time do you normally get up? (I like waking up mid-afternoon if I can help it.... XDDD)

Valgaav_Xellos
03-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Er, I think it'd be a great idea to have an FF and Naruto gathering, but since both are really big and popular, it may be easier and less confusing to have a seperate thread for each. >_>

AnimatedPoison
03-04-2006, 12:25 AM
I suppose it could always be after noon (around one), but that would mean lunch at noon, which is when most shoots are, and a lot of people would want to take pictures.

Since myself, you, and angel are the minds behind this, maybe we should talk on IM about this? It would be a lot easier, lol. And, heck, if you want some help suiting up, we'd be more than willing to help. :D

But, yeah.... What time do you normally get up? (I like waking up mid-afternoon if I can help it.... XDDD)

My AIM is AnimatedPoison (can you BELIEVE IT? :D). It looks kind of stupid when you click my AIM button XD

I was wondering when teenage sleeping patterns were going to factor in LOL When I went to AUSA I was sick and not sleeping too easily because of it, but I was still waking at usual time. The boys govern my daily schedule, so because of them I'm used to being up around 10 and eating "lunch" around 1 or 2. X_X;

SailorKagome
03-04-2006, 06:18 PM
My AIM is AnimatedPoison (can you BELIEVE IT? :D). It looks kind of stupid when you click my AIM button XD

I was wondering when teenage sleeping patterns were going to factor in LOL When I went to AUSA I was sick and not sleeping too easily because of it, but I was still waking at usual time. The boys govern my daily schedule, so because of them I'm used to being up around 10 and eating "lunch" around 1 or 2. X_X;

Yie. @_@ Well, we'll have to work something out, because I have been talking with DustBunny, and the Naruto shoot is going to be on Saturday, as well.

And, angel! For Otakon.... I was going to go with some friends of mine, one bringing her mother to be our "adult", XD, but..... she says that she is not going now, which means that, unless I can convince my friend Helen to come with, I will not have an "adult" (darn me for being 17! Auuuugh!), and...well, I might be able to convine my dad to let me go, or maybe even come with, but it's a slim chance. SO. Since you're also going, will you be my adult? XDDDDDD Hopefully CAC will have a meeting soon, so that we can "meet", because my parents freak out about anything internet, especially internet people.

AnimatedPoison
03-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Yie. @_@ Well, we'll have to work something out, because I have been talking with DustBunny, and the Naruto shoot is going to be on Saturday, as well.

I take breaks throughout the day to eat and refresh (especially at summer cons, it gets hot, sweaty and smelly-- ewwww), but I generally remain in costume until the evening. Usually during the set-up for the dance, I change out into normal human clothes :D

I used to go to the Cosplay event but I don't enjoy it much. At best, I would leave after the skits and find out later who won because I can't stand the time-killing portion. But when people leave that event, there's usually a revived interest in taking pictures because (1) the event brings in a large group which includes cosplayers you might have missed earlier, (2) the event turns up some costumes people saved specifically for debuting on stage there, and (3) some people come on saturday late just for the Cosplay event so they're excited to see everybody.

SO if the Naruto gang can commit to either the afternoon or the evening, I'd be glad to commit to the other portion of the day.

SailorKagome
03-04-2006, 09:08 PM
SO if the Naruto gang can commit to either the afternoon or the evening, I'd be glad to commit to the other portion of the day.

:D We'll definately be doing afternoon/evening for Naruto. I told DustBunny what we were thinking about for the FF/v-game shoot, and she said that they could be arranged several hours apart.

theonlyangel77
03-07-2006, 08:49 AM

And, angel! For Otakon.... I was going to go with some friends of mine, one bringing her mother to be our "adult", XD, but..... she says that she is not going now, which means that, unless I can convince my friend Helen to come with, I will not have an "adult" (darn me for being 17! Auuuugh!), and...well, I might be able to convine my dad to let me go, or maybe even come with, but it's a slim chance. SO. Since you're also going, will you be my adult? XDDDDDD Hopefully CAC will have a meeting soon, so that we can "meet", because my parents freak out about anything internet, especially internet people.

Im all about the shoot!!! I don't want to miss a thing on saturday!! so many people wear 2 or three costumes a day, if were gone mid day we might miss something...~Obsessive compulsive disorder kicking in~ I hate it when my friends ask me "did you see that awesome such n such costume...it was the best." and I had missed it becuase I wasnt up till 1 in the afternoon. Im an early bird and a night owl... living off 5 hours of sleep a night is what I do.. for gosh sake im 21..lol...
Oh and yea... if you need an "adult figure" i can play the part! just let me know.....

SailorKagome
03-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Im all about the shoot!!! I don't want to miss a thing on saturday!! so many people wear 2 or three costumes a day, if were gone mid day we might miss something...~Obsessive compulsive disorder kicking in~ I hate it when my friends ask me "did you see that awesome such n such costume...it was the best." and I had missed it becuase I wasnt up till 1 in the afternoon. Im an early bird and a night owl... living off 5 hours of sleep a night is what I do.. for gosh sake im 21..lol...
Oh and yea... if you need an "adult figure" i can play the part! just let me know.....

We're going to try and arrange this so we don't miss anythig :D Luckily we have the forums, so we are able to easily find out when the other shoots are.

lol, I live off five hours of sleep, usually, too. :D (Or less.... XD)

And, yay! Thank you muchly ^_^ I would not be able to go without an adult. I can't wait until I turn 18....... Soon, soon.....

Also. I'm really considering starting an anime club (even though I would also be going to the CAC), and if I do, would you like to be a chairman of the club? Like VP, or some such thing? I have one other person in mind for a chairman position, and if both of you accept, I'd need one more.

theonlyangel77
03-07-2006, 12:10 PM
well make it anime and Cosplay..we have no groups for cosplay here.. at least none that I know of.. and me and my friends go to the mall in costumes.. after I finished my tohru winter, I had to show it off so I wore it to our mall and played DDR in it..lol.. people thought I was nuts..but alot of people gave me props for wearing it! ^_^ but thats off topic again.. Yea that idea sounds great!

SailorKagome
03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
well make it anime and Cosplay..we have no groups for cosplay here.. at least none that I know of.. and me and my friends go to the mall in costumes.. after I finished my tohru winter, I had to show it off so I wore it to our mall and played DDR in it..lol.. people thought I was nuts..but alot of people gave me props for wearing it! ^_^ but thats off topic again.. Yea that idea sounds great!

I forgot that part. XD It WILL be about cosplay, too. I plan on having "Prop Workshops" a couple times a year, photoshoots, "Cosplay Workshops", contests, all that jazz. I even hope that we'll get enough members to do group projects (say, we all dress from a certain show/game/etc and go to con).

It would also be cool if we could all go to cons together, which would be a lot cheaper, because we would get group registration, and and all share hotel rooms.

Heh.... I've been thinking on this a lot. ^^;;

theonlyangel77
03-07-2006, 12:27 PM
that sounds awesome... e-mail me about it, cuz i don't want our thread to get too much off topic..lol.. my e-mail is TheOnlyAngel77@cox.net (ironic i know) and well I can't be on aim right now.. at work.. but aim is theonlyangel84....

SailorKagome
03-07-2006, 12:32 PM
that sounds awesome... e-mail me about it, cuz i don't want our thread to get too much off topic..lol.. my e-mail is TheOnlyAngel77@cox.net (ironic i know) and well I can't be on aim right now.. at work.. but aim is theonlyangel84....

Hahahaha, yeah. XD W should probably try to stay on-topic, lol.

But, yes. I'll type something up (might take me a while. technically supposed to be writing two papers.... >.<), and I'll email it to you, hopefully sometime today. I'll be on AIM later tonight when I get back from drama, so we can talk then. :D

But, yes. Photoshoots. Naruto. FF. Video games. >.>

theonlyangel77
03-07-2006, 01:50 PM
YAY.. oh I also decided on Friday to go as Momiji (older version) from fruits basket, and I talked the guys into going as Kyo, Yuki, and Haru!!!! all in the winter boy uniform... we might wear it sunday too, who knows!! I just love momiji all grown up ^_~

SailorKagome
03-07-2006, 04:53 PM
YAY.. oh I also decided on Friday to go as Momiji (older version) from fruits basket, and I talked the guys into going as Kyo, Yuki, and Haru!!!! all in the winter boy uniform... we might wear it sunday too, who knows!! I just love momiji all grown up ^_~

Wow. Every single one of you had better watch out, then. *fangirl*

XDDDD

AnimatedPoison
03-07-2006, 08:11 PM
I may only be cosplaying on Saturday. It depends on what time we get in on Friday, and I don't bother cosplaying on Sunday. Everyone is tired and leaving, and I don't want to wear a costume for the car ride home x_X lol

SailorKagome
03-08-2006, 12:15 PM
I may only be cosplaying on Saturday. It depends on what time we get in on Friday, and I don't bother cosplaying on Sunday. Everyone is tired and leaving, and I don't want to wear a costume for the car ride home x_X lol

Oh, are you driving in on Friday, too? And you live up in Northern VA, too, right? So you're a good couple hours away (three-ish?).

AnimatedPoison
03-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Oh, are you driving in on Friday, too? And you live up in Northern VA, too, right? So you're a good couple hours away (three-ish?).

Yes, driving in Friday. Yes, Northern VA. No, not three-ish hours to Richmond. ^_^ Hour and a half if traffic is okay, so this of course says nothing for Friday, the most horrendous day traffic-wise. :)

SailorKagome
03-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Yes, driving in Friday. Yes, Northern VA. No, not three-ish hours to Richmond. ^_^ Hour and a half if traffic is okay, so this of course says nothing for Friday, the most horrendous day traffic-wise. :)

Really? My drive is about the same. Guess you live a lot closer than I thought, lol. (Was thinking Baltimore area-ish, no idea why XD)

AnimatedPoison
03-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Really? My drive is about the same. Guess you live a lot closer than I thought, lol. (Was thinking Baltimore area-ish, no idea why XD)

But how could I be Baltimore area-ish when that's in MD ;)

SailorKagome
03-10-2006, 09:34 PM
But how could I be Baltimore area-ish when that's in MD ;)

lol, "ish". We have friends that live in that area, but still in VA. :D

Tohma
03-13-2006, 10:39 PM
I'll be there as Cloud and my friend will be there as Vincent as I posted in the other thread. The wig is a nightmare. But I redid mine from katsu and now it looks a ton better. *scratches head off every katsu picture*

Cloud really didn't cost that much for me but I made everything, even the wolfy, my friend made the earring, and I made the armor and swords. So that saves a lot. Anytime you order a completed piece or get something commissioned the price goes way up.

I'll also be there as Sasuke and my friend..maybe will take her Kakashi depending on when she gets out of work that day. I'll be roaming around alone probably until she does.

love to get pictures with everyone ^^

SailorKagome
03-14-2006, 07:18 AM
I'll be there as Cloud and my friend will be there as Vincent as I posted in the other thread. The wig is a nightmare. But I redid mine from katsu and now it looks a ton better. *scratches head off every katsu picture*

Cloud really didn't cost that much for me but I made everything, even the wolfy, my friend made the earring, and I made the armor and swords. So that saves a lot. Anytime you order a completed piece or get something commissioned the price goes way up.

I'll also be there as Sasuke and my friend..maybe will take her Kakashi depending on when she gets out of work that day. I'll be roaming around alone probably until she does.

Oh, that's awesome! :D

The FF:AC (and v-games :D) photoshoot is at 10 AM on Saturday. We have yet to decide *where*. We're also going to lunch afterwards, so feel free to join us. :D

I'm talking with dustbunny about the Naruto shoot, and it's also on Saturday, we're just not sure when. Later in the day, though.

irkenmodelgir
03-14-2006, 09:19 AM

Ill be there as Kiba and TJ Shino so dont feel like your gonna be all alone

theonlyangel77
03-14-2006, 10:35 AM
man, you guys make me want to start making a FF costume... or Naruto!!

Tohma
03-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Ill be there as Kiba and TJ Shino so dont feel like your gonna be all alone

Yay Kiba will keep me company! ^_^ I won't be as stressed as I was at Katsu so don't worry XD

dustbunny
03-15-2006, 10:27 AM
I wasen't stressed at Katsu but i'm sure that i will be at this con. CONTESTS! SKIT! And GALLERIES!

But i will be doing Sasuke again.

KIba! I miss you! Can't wait to see u in a few weeks! Are you going to the fest?

Tohma! This con will rock! And i will teach you to dance so u will be ready for Otakon.lol.

Darth Takeo
03-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Took me same amount of time on a weekend, 1 hour and a half to Richmond, from northern VA area, too. I wasn't thinking about how traffic will be on a Friday til you mentioned it.. We'll probably leave a bit later in the morning so hopefully it won't be too bad.

AnimatedPoison
03-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Oh, that's awesome! :D

The FF:AC (and v-games :D) photoshoot is at 10 AM on Saturday. We have yet to decide *where*. We're also going to lunch afterwards, so feel free to join us. :D

I'm talking with dustbunny about the Naruto shoot, and it's also on Saturday, we're just not sure when. Later in the day, though.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. When was 10am decided, and with whom? X.X;

Also, I'm sure it wasn't mean to be criticism, but I know what the costs are for commissioned work. If I had the skill sets to do myself, I would. I don't cosplay to gloat about making anything, I just like to dress up as whoever, and I give credit where credit is due. In this case, I'll be making cards to promote the people who did the work to hopefully give them more business.

theonlyangel77
03-15-2006, 11:45 AM
well it wasnt really "decided" it just fell into place that way. We ALL want to see the other people and get photos, and in order to eat lunch with the group and be back in time for the other photo shoots, the morning would be a better time. Besides some people are changing costumes later in the day, Like im going back and forth because I have 2 shoots to go to and there are lots of others and the masquarade that I have to get to, But no one really said "10" we just know that around 12 everyone will be taking group photos.
:)

AnimatedPoison
03-15-2006, 12:15 PM
well it wasnt really "decided" it just fell into place that way. We ALL want to see the other people and get photos, and in order to eat lunch with the group and be back in time for the other photo shoots, the morning would be a better time. Besides some people are changing costumes later in the day, Like im going back and forth because I have 2 shoots to go to and there are lots of others and the masquarade that I have to get to, But no one really said "10" we just know that around 12 everyone will be taking group photos.
:)

There are a few reasons that I don't like to commit to Saturday morning anything (events, movies, etc.), but I'd like to keep my reasons off the forums, so I'll just say that if all goes well I'll have gotten enough sleep that night, and I'll be there. Wherever "there" is anyway XD I've never been to the convention center, so I don't really have any suggestions for location. Although for FF:AC, there's a dirty city kind of thing going on and that fits Richmond in general pretty well, doesn't it... :D

theonlyangel77
03-15-2006, 12:20 PM
lol.. thats so true....LMAO

SailorKagome
03-15-2006, 04:27 PM
for FF:AC, there's a dirty city kind of thing going on and that fits Richmond in general pretty well, doesn't it... :D

Hahahaha. XD It does, doesn't it? Never thought of that, sweet! :D

But, yes. 10 seems to be the among the only times that will work. I have three photoshoots X_x, and I think ALL of them are on Saturday. @_@

But, I also have problems with getting up in the mornings. Which is why I have to wake up *two hours* before classes, just to be able to get there on time (I mean, I only live five minutes away from my school XD). And my friend, she normally doesn't get up until afternoon, and my sister likes to sleep in... So I guess it will be a joint effort on *all* of us to get up and ready on time. XDD

theonlyangel77
03-15-2006, 04:28 PM
YEPERS... i 'll be too excited to not get up... :)

SailorKagome
03-15-2006, 04:43 PM
YEPERS... i 'll be too excited to not get up... :)

lol, yeah. :D Maybe... I just won't sleep..... XD

AnimatedPoison
03-15-2006, 07:02 PM
lol, yeah. :D Maybe... I just won't sleep..... XD

Nah, sleep is good. You wouldn't want to look zombified in your photos :) If you've seen enough pics of Sunday cosplayers, you can SEE who has slept and who hasn't! It's part of that whole con request to eat, drink water, sleep, and be generally hygenic :D

I remember a recent Cosplay.com photoshoot of the game Tifa, and those shots were "city street" shots.

irkenmodelgir
03-15-2006, 08:38 PM
I wasen't stressed at Katsu but i'm sure that i will be at this con. CONTESTS! SKIT! And GALLERIES!

But i will be doing Sasuke again.

KIba! I miss you! Can't wait to see u in a few weeks! Are you going to the fest?

Tohma! This con will rock! And i will teach you to dance so u will be ready for Otakon.lol.

ill be there on the 1st n then ill be comein to ur town the next day as ive said to meet up with the people, cant wait only thing i look forward to is events

dustbunny
03-15-2006, 10:04 PM
ill be there on the 1st n then ill be comein to ur town the next day as ive said to meet up with the people, cant wait only thing i look forward to is events
Sweet i'll be there on the 1st. not sure about kit though. Do u know what time we all meeting?

theonlyangel77
03-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Check out this link..just a heads up for a mini con..
http://www.gamergirlx.com/cnucon/index.html

ok ^_^ im going !!!

SailorKagome
04-06-2006, 08:50 PM
YES. I'M BACK.

SO.

Let's organize this thang.

AnimatedPoison
04-07-2006, 06:03 PM
YES. I'M BACK.

SO.

Let's organize this thang.

Wee!

Saturday at 10, wasn't it?

theonlyangel77
04-10-2006, 11:39 AM
um yea... i think thats it! so we can go to lunch afterwards! right? come on SailorKagome were waiting on you....

Oh Just a heads up for Naruto cosplayers, there is another form someone started, im guessing they didnt see this one..lol..so im trying to keep my eyes on it so I can post here as well, just so you guys can join in there photo shoot too :)

Valgaav_Xellos
04-10-2006, 01:08 PM
dustbunny started the other one i think? lol (can't remember) but it's just easier since you guys combined both FF and naruto, which are big shoots usually for each series. i was thinking you may as well just keep this thread FF only and use the other one as Naruto only... but eh, if you can keep track on things here, no problem. ^-^

theonlyangel77
04-10-2006, 01:18 PM
thats what im doing just to inform everyone :)

Valgaav_Xellos
04-10-2006, 01:40 PM
well on another note xD you sound like a cool person. are you doing naruto related cosplay yourself? if so, I hope I get to meet you at one of the photoshoots :D

theonlyangel77
04-10-2006, 02:01 PM
I was contemplating Temari, but my hair is much darker and I have 2 other wigs to buy so far, but maybe Aoi... not really sure :)

Valgaav_Xellos
04-11-2006, 09:53 PM
awww i love temari! ^-^ well either way, i'm sure whoever you choose, you'll look great :)

Darkkyo
04-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Hopefully I'll be awake for the shoot. I know at katsucon i didn't want to get up since i was at the rave till almost 2 or 3 in the am. But Teamtakeo will try their hardest. :bigtu:

AnimatedPoison
04-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Hopefully I'll be awake for the shoot. I know at katsucon i didn't want to get up since i was at the rave till almost 2 or 3 in the am. But Teamtakeo will try their hardest. :bigtu:

There is no rave on Friday night so there shouldn't be a problem...

Darth Takeo
04-12-2006, 06:39 AM
There is no rave on Friday night so there shouldn't be a problem...
No rave doesn't necessarily mean we'll be turning into pumpkins at the stroke of midnight...
:D

theonlyangel77
04-12-2006, 08:15 AM
even though I'll miss fridays rave... im kinda glad or else I'll be a wreck getting up sat. morning...lol...

theonlyangel77
04-24-2006, 08:34 AM
I Cant Go To Ama My Sister Is Graduating That Friday Night!!! Ahhhhh

AnimatedPoison
04-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I Cant Go To Ama My Sister Is Graduating That Friday Night!!! Ahhhhh

Ack! Really? :eek:

theonlyangel77
04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
YEA!! IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW... im going to animazement though... but its still pisses me off..... ahh well life moves on... I should be at otakon though..

dustbunny
04-25-2006, 10:45 AM
ok guys lets combined the shoots!!!

inuyashasgurl
04-25-2006, 02:56 PM
I think thats a good idea,Im going as Itachi,

Darkkyo
04-25-2006, 07:50 PM
So are we talking about a FF vs. Naruto shoot. I wouldn't mind as long as there a set time for it. and theonlyangel77 I'm sorry you couldn't make it, I know the feeling cause i have an engagement for the weekend otakon is to take place and will have to miss it.:bigcry:

dustbunny
04-26-2006, 11:56 AM
well of coarse. it's saturday right?
but where is it? time?

AnimatedPoison
04-26-2006, 09:39 PM
well of coarse. it's saturday right?
but where is it? time?

Never decided where but the time was 10am, because we didn't want to conflict with Naruto.

dustbunny
04-27-2006, 12:23 PM
well we were just planning on having our shoot after urs.

Darkkyo
04-28-2006, 08:15 PM
in that case we should have a noon shoot so that everyone won't be surring to get there. I like afternoon shoots cause a lot more people show up as well

Valgaav_Xellos
04-30-2006, 03:01 PM
I agree.... afternoon shoots are a lot easier to attend. ^-^;

dustbunny
04-30-2006, 03:34 PM
yes let's make it at noon

bamboocactus
05-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Kay :3 Elle, remind me. Or rather, drag me along, cuz I'll forget ^^;;

SailorKagome
05-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Siiiigh....

Sorry, everyone. Like angel, I also won't be there. My parents have banned me from conventions because I had pictures of myself and my sister (in our costumes) online.

So yeah.

I won't be at Otakon or Animazement either. Probably not even Nekocon. However, Katsu looks probable, since I'll be 18, and they can't ground me anymore.

They also made me take everything off my account.... but come Jan 6, it'll be active again.

Bye for now!! I'll miss y'all. :_:

bamboocactus
05-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Siiiigh....

Sorry, everyone. Like angel, I also won't be there. My parents have banned me from conventions because I had pictures of myself and my sister (in our costumes) online.

So yeah.

I won't be at Otakon or Animazement either. Probably not even Nekocon. However, Katsu looks probable, since I'll be 18, and they can't ground me anymore.

They also made me take everything off my account.... but come Jan 6, it'll be active again.

Bye for now!! I'll miss y'all. :_:

THat's just the definition of retarted. I've heard of some really stupid parents doing really stupid and uneducated things, but honestly. What a bunch of doucherockets. Well, we'll be missing you! Looking forward to your triumphant return ^^;

AnimatedPoison
05-04-2006, 12:30 PM
THat's just the definition of retarted. I've heard of some really stupid parents doing really stupid and uneducated things, but honestly. What a bunch of doucherockets. Well, we'll be missing you! Looking forward to your triumphant return ^^;

Until you have children of your own, you probably won't understand why they acted that way. :\ It sucks for SailorKagome, but I understand the reasoning behind their decision. You really never know who's on the other end. We're all taking risks by posting pictures of ourselves on here, and voluntarily providing personal information.

Of course, having been to cons, I know that in such a large group of people with hotel and con security, you're pretty safe inside the hotel and convention. I do also know the kind of creeps that lurk at cons, and that my parents would probably have never allowed me to go if they knew about them.

I wish parents would just volunteer to go with their kids instead of forbidding them to go at all though. It may seem like a drag to have your parents hanging around with you (or a drag to them to have to chaperone you), but the idea is for you to go and have fun and for them to have peace of mind. It wouldn't kill parents to find out about anime as a hobby, and what fun there is to be had at conventions either (and with any luck, they'll be okay with cons and trust their kids going alone in the future). I think that's the ideal situation. :)

bamboocactus
05-04-2006, 09:57 PM
I wish parents would just volunteer to go with their kids instead of forbidding them to go at all though. It may seem like a drag to have your parents hanging around with you (or a drag to them to have to chaperone you), but the idea is for you to go and have fun and for them to have peace of mind. It wouldn't kill parents to find out about anime as a hobby, and what fun there is to be had at conventions either (and with any luck, they'll be okay with cons and trust their kids going alone in the future). I think that's the ideal situation. :)

THANK YOU! I'd prefer open-minded curiosity and concern rather than conservative, close-minded ignorance. Just because you don't know about something doesn't mean you should forbid it. I can't stand that kind of ignorance and refusal to learn. Your kids' best interests should be at heart, parents shouldn't ban things just because their kids like them and they don't understand it. Blah. :untrust:

AnimatedPoison
05-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Just letting you know I'm no longer doing AC Cloud, so have fun! ^_^

nicol-chan
05-10-2006, 03:17 PM
hey peoples! i've been posting on the other final fantasy and naruto shoot threads too but i just wanted to let peoples know that if you do it on saturday at noon i won't be able to make it(i'm going as temari) if you make it later then maybe but i have no idea what time i'll be getting there so yea...however, the gaara and sasuke in my group should be there. have fun without me (not that anyone on these forums knows me, being a noob here and all) T_T

nicol-chan
05-10-2006, 03:18 PM
oh and the yuffie in my group won't be able to make it either cuz she can only go friday (meant to say that in above post) whoops

inuyashasgurl
05-10-2006, 08:13 PM
I dont know if ill be able to make it eaither as going as Itachi, cause i was hoping all day Saturday i was going as Kagome just for a special person.I was really hoping to do Itachi eaither sunday or at a different convention cause there are still alot of things i need to get for that costume.But i can try to make it.

Valgaav_Xellos
05-11-2006, 03:20 PM
As I had posted in the other thread for naruto shoots, i think we should do two photoshoots to accomadate everyone.

The one on Saturday should stay noonish I think, since there are still quite a few people who can do it, and havign it any later interferes with other events that day.

But I was thinking we should have one on Friday too. We can do that more towards the evening to ensure the bulk of us have arrived at the con and are in cosplay ready to go. ^-^;

Whaddya'll think? ^^;

nicol-chan
05-12-2006, 07:56 PM
that's a great idea!!!! i hope it can work out that way! oh and also i keep forgetting to mention things like our shino!!! XD so yea incase i forget someone in future posts my group includes: gaara, temari, shino, sasuke, and ino (unless someone else i know deceides to join us in our narutoness but as far as i know everyone else i know who is cosplaying is going one piece) woot!

Valgaav_Xellos
05-15-2006, 07:14 PM
nicol- i'll be your kiba! ;3;

nicol-chan
05-17-2006, 03:35 PM
lol

RedIce611
05-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Can someone put up a sign or something? I'll be there on Friday I think, but I WILL get lost...

Valgaav_Xellos
05-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Honey, just follow anyone with a bright orange jumpsuit and blonde wig and i'd say you'd be fine. xD

That or look out for a person carrying a 3 foot akamaru xD

nicol-chan
06-01-2006, 03:19 PM
HAHA! oh and also the conflict i was going to have for saturday is now gone so i'll be able to attend both shoots! also have we decided on an official time yet!?

Valgaav_Xellos
06-01-2006, 08:32 PM
uhhh i thought we did... x_X

Valgaav_Xellos
06-01-2006, 08:34 PM
okay i guess not. On saturday we did confirm noon, but there wasnt a set time on friday. i had only suggested it be in the evening. How about like, Friday at 4PM? Sound good to everyone?

nicol-chan
06-09-2006, 08:08 PM
sure! (sorry for late response)

dExtrosien
06-11-2006, 11:06 PM
A tentative event schedule is available on the AMA official website now. The AMV contest runs from 3 till 5 on Friday, you might want to move back the shoot. I think I'm probably going to that. Also, the mandatory cosplay rehearsal is at noon on Saturday, could we do the shoot at 1:30 or 2:30 if people are going to the DDR Qualifier or even 11. Just my suggestions. Also, any idea where we're going to meet up yet?

edit: After looking at the map on AMA's site, maybe past the main events room or somewhere near the entrance from the parking deck might work if it isn't overly crowded.

Valgaav_Xellos
06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
oh crap. haha yeah i wanna go to the AMV contest myself.

Alright, well then friday we can either do it before or after the AMV contest... i just want to make sure everyone has a chance to go to the shoot if they want to.

saturday at 2PM would probably work (compromise between the two times you suggested)

but as for friday, that's kind of up to you. Personally, I think it'd be better to have it afterwards, so more people will be there by then. so what about like 6PM? Or is that too late for everyone?

dExtrosien
06-12-2006, 05:29 PM
oh crap. haha yeah i wanna go to the AMV contest myself.

Alright, well then friday we can either do it before or after the AMV contest... i just want to make sure everyone has a chance to go to the shoot if they want to.

saturday at 2PM would probably work (compromise between the two times you suggested)

but as for friday, that's kind of up to you. Personally, I think it'd be better to have it afterwards, so more people will be there by then. so what about like 6PM? Or is that too late for everyone?

I agree that later is probably better on Friday. I doubt I'll get there much before 3 myself and that is if my boyfriend can get off early from work. I think the time for Saturday is perfect really.

Valgaav_Xellos
06-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Alright, so for the Naruto shoots we have times confirmed!

Friday: 6pm

Saturday: 2pm

As for locations where should we do it? I didn't find a black and white layout of the con center on their site... only a virtual tour which didnt show much.

I think somewhere near the main registration lobby would be a good place to do it. Worst case scenario, someone can hold a sign saying "Naruto photoshoot here" or whatever.

dExtrosien
06-14-2006, 12:08 AM
Scroll to the bottom of this page
http://www.animemidatlantic.com/location.html
Things are a bit crowded on the first floor, but in some ways that will be good as long as thing don't get too jammed up.

Valgaav_Xellos
06-14-2006, 09:52 AM
wow. so we're only like, using... half of the building?

dustbunny
06-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Love u guys that works out much better