PDA

View Full Version : AnimeUSA? (what an original title!)

Sami
07-30-2002, 10:15 PM
I'm curious if anyone has ever been to AnimeUSA before and what you thought of it. ^_^ ( http://www.animeusa.org/ ) It's in Tyson's Corner VA, and I'm thinking of going for the weekend this year because it's only about 45 minutes from where we live, but I'm wondering how it is in terms of size, video rooms, things to do, etc. And are any of you thinking of attending? ^___^ Many thankyous! :bigtu:

ElfEater
07-30-2002, 11:13 PM
Sung and I will be at AnimeUSA! We live in the northern Va area right now, and Sung used to work for the people who run that con (.. he was going to be con chair for 2000 but.. he ditched it to see me instead! Hahaha!) So lettme ask him:
"It is a smaller convention mostly to hang out with friends. They have the usual things like video rooms, dealer rooms, and so on, but it is a small con. I didnt go last year, so I dont know what it was like. But, its about the size of Sugoicon in Kentucky or AMA."
Hope that kinda helps! haha! See you there!

Kamui Motoaki
08-07-2002, 08:19 AM
i went last year.. and more or less its like a Huge anime club meeting with rules... but maybe it might get bigger this year ^_^

Sami
08-07-2002, 11:01 AM
I'm psyched because.. there's actually a con that's not far from my house! *gasp!* And I probably won't have to shell out for a hotel room! The only con I've ever been to is Otakon (01 & 02) so it'll be weird to see something smaller.. but I'm looking forward to it. No rushes, no hassle, just sit in a video room and chill. ^_______^ *chills in costume? yeah..*

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 11:06 AM
> But, its about the size of Sugoicon in Kentucky or AMA.

It's THAT small? O_O
Oh, well at least it's incredibly local... so I will probably be there!

Kaitou
08-08-2002, 01:59 PM
Well, if you guys come, please visit the voice actors' panel, at which i will be a guest. I was contemplating coming to the panel in costume, but i'll save the costume for later. ^_^

I am listed on the AnimeUSA guest list as Kelli Shayne Butler.