PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Group/Gathering?

ddrotaku
02-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Just wondering if anyone else plans to cosplay Naruto / Time Jump Naruto characters at Comic Con? I'd like to know, 'cause I'm basing my cosplay plans on whether anyone else is going as any of these characters.

I guess just reply here if you're planning on it, maybe we can set up a group. :)

Character List:

Team Kakashi:

Hatake Kakashi - Corwynn (Family or friend), Gowa-chan (Family or friend)

Uzumaki Naruto - none

Uchiha Sasuke - DarkReflection

Haruna Sakura - xmissxhellx (Unknown as of yet)

Team Kurenai:

Yuuhi Kurenai - none

Inuzuka Kiba - ddrotaku

Aburame Shino - none

Hyuuga Hinata - Chibi-kun (Kimono, or TJ)

Team Asuma:

Sarutobi Asuma - none

Nara Shikamaru - none

Akimichi Chouji - none

Yamanaka Ino - none

Team Gai:

Maito Gai - none

Hyuuga Neji - none

Rock Lee - none

Ten-Ten - none

Other Characters

Iruka - Miss Tea, Scruffy Rebel

Anko - Gowa-chan

Akatasuki Member - daoutlaw (not sure which one)

ANBU Member - ycysusan2001

Team Sigure (Rain Nins from Forest of Death) - Clockwork and friends

DarkReflection
02-09-2006, 05:36 PM
I could try to get my regular Sasuke or Time-jump Neji going like last year. :shrugs: The last Naruto gathering wasn't so equally distributed in characters. Maybe we could have more variety?

ddrotaku
02-09-2006, 10:25 PM
sounds good to me. I wasn't able to attend last years Comic Con, so not sure what you're talking about, but I do understand that variety = good.

I'll create a list on the first post, hopefully we can fill in some gaps. We can start with the main characters : )

DarkReflection
02-09-2006, 11:55 PM
sounds good to me. I wasn't able to attend last years Comic Con, so not sure what you're talking about, but I do understand that variety = good.

I'll create a list on the first post, hopefully we can fill in some gaps. We can start with the main characters : )

Well, from last year. I do recall:
?1 Yuuhi Kurenai ?
1 Sarutobi Asuma
4-5 Tenten
4 Uchiha Sasuke (myself included)
2 Hyuuga Neji (myself included)
3 Uzumaki Naruto
1 Tsunade-hime
2 Hatake Kakashi
1 Hyuuga Hinata
1 Uchiha Itachi
3-4 Haruno Sakura
2 Yondime Hokage
1 Mitarashi Anko
2 Suna no Garra
2 Temari
1-2 Inuzuka Kiba
1 Rock Lee
1 Shizune
1 Ebisu-closet pervert
1 Rain shinobi
1 Jiraya-sama
1 Nara Shikamaru
1 Kankuro
? 1-2 Akimichi Chouji ?

And supposedly most of them will make a come back, but I'm not so positive they'll be Naruto characters.

It would be best to look through some of Eurobeat king's Pics.
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=20547&member=18

xmissxhellx
02-10-2006, 12:36 AM
depending on what day this gathering will be held as opposed to all my other ones ive gotta make it to, i could possibly do a timejump sakura? [which all depends on if i can get pale enough and money to buy a decent wig ^^;;] if not, are sexy no jutsu's allowed? ^^

Chibi-kun
02-10-2006, 12:59 AM
for comic con i'll make it a point to wear all my new naruto costumes, snj sasuke, kimono hinata and timejump hinata.

daoutlaw
02-10-2006, 01:25 AM
yea, it depends on what day is gathering. I can bring my akatsuki cosplay.

ycysusan2001
02-10-2006, 02:12 AM
I have Ambu cos ^^ with mask~
If I have nothing to do ^^ Ill ware it

daoutlaw
02-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Well, from last year. I do recall:
?1 Yuuhi Kurenai ?
1 Sarutobi Asuma
4-5 Tenten
4 Uchiha Sasuke (myself included)
2 Hyuuga Neji (myself included)
3 Uzumaki Naruto
1 Tsunade-hime
2 Hatake Kakashi
1 Hyuuga Hinata
1 Uchiha Itachi
3-4 Haruno Sakura
2 Yondime Hokage
1 Mitarashi Anko
2 Suna no Garra
2 Temari
1-2 Inuzuka Kiba
1 Rock Lee
1 Shizune
1 Ebisu-closet pervert
1 Rain shinobi
1 Jiraya-sama
1 Nara Shikamaru
1 Kankuro
? 1-2 Akimichi Chouji ?

And supposedly most of them will make a come back, but I'm not so positive they'll be Naruto characters.

It would be best to look through some of Eurobeat king's Pics.
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=20547&member=18

you know I was at Comicon 05 Saturday, and I heard some Naruto people was looking for particular Bleach group *consisting of Shinigami captains and vice-captains*. all them people couldn't be looking for me and my friends on that saturday, could they??

Chibi-kun
02-11-2006, 04:30 PM
My sister is going as Time Jump Kyuubi Oiroke Naruto.

That's a mouthfull... XDDDD
A.k.a. TJKON

Corwynn
02-11-2006, 05:29 PM
I've gone to comic-con every year for the past 10 or so xD So I'll most likely be there.. And maybe cosplaying as well with my brother (and maybe a friend).

You could sign us up as Jiraiya and Kakashi! Plus maybe a gaara..

Miss Tea
02-13-2006, 04:39 AM
hmm... depending on the day and time of the gathering, i might be able to make it as Iruka! ^____^

Scruffy Rebel
02-24-2006, 10:28 PM
I'll definitely be bringing my Iruka-sensei to this ^^ I hung out with some people at the gathering last year, but I didn't have a costume yet XD it was fun though, as this will be...as long as it doesn't interfere with other gatherings >.>

~Scruffy

Gowa-chan
02-25-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm planning on going to COmicCOn again, but i don't know which costume I'll be in each day: I'll have Sakon/Ukon, Kakashi, Kazekage Gaara, and Anko for Naruto costumes (I'll probably be Anko for the gathering again though, cuz I love that costume) And I might be able to bring my Yondaime friend (she had a horrendously yellow wig last year) altough she might steal one of my extra costumes.

DarkReflection
03-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Character List:

Team Kakashi:

Hatake Kakashi - Corwynn (Family or friend or the actual Corwynn), Gowa-chan (Family or friend or the actual Gowa-chan)

Uzumaki Naruto - none

Uchiha Sasuke - DarkReflection

Haruno Sakura - xmissxhellx (Unknown as of yet), ~Lady_Lockheart's friend

Team Kurenai:

Yuuhi Kurenai - none

Inuzuka Kiba - ddrotaku

Aburame Shino - none

Hyuuga Hinata - Chibi-kun (Various types), ~Lady_Lockheart's friend

Team Asuma:

Sarutobi Asuma - none

Nara Shikamaru - none

Akimichi Chouji - none

Yamanaka Ino - none

Team Gai:

Maito Gai - none

Hyuuga Neji - ~Lady_Lockheart's friend

Rock Lee - none

Ten-Ten - SnowDragonX' sister (ANBU version)

Sand Siblings:

Garra: Corwynn (Family or friend or the actual Corwynn), Gowa-chan (Family or friend or the actual Gowa-chan), ~Lady_Lockheart's friend (KazeKage version)

Legendary Sannin:

Jiraya: Corwynn (Family or friend or the actual Corwynn)

Tsunade: ~Lady_ Lockheart

Other Various Konoha Shinobi:

Iruka: Miss Tea, Scruffy Rebel

Anko: Gowa-chan (Family or friend or the actual Gowa-chan)

Shizune: ~Lady_Lockheart's friend

Yondaime Hokage: Gowa-chan (Family or friend or the actual Gowa-chan)

ANBU:
ycysusan2001 (Random ANBU)

Sound Four:

Sakon/Ukon: Gowa-chan (Family or friend or the actual Gowa-chan)

Akatuski Nine:
daoutlaw (Unknown as which one)

Team Sigure (the rain ninja team that Gaara kills in the forest of death).
Clockwork: (Friends included with clockwork)

Clockwork
03-19-2006, 03:19 AM
My friends and I are going as Team Sigure (the rain ninja team that Gaara kills in the forest of death).

Maybe one of the days I'll go as Oboro again (the rain ninja with the breathing mask).

ddrotaku
03-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the updated list DarkReflection.

Anyone have any ideas as to where we could meet? I don't think many cosplay photographers go to Comic Con, so if you have any friends that would want to photograph us, please invite them! Seems like we'll be a small enough group to move around if we need to/want to, so any ideas are great (as to what we could do) ^^. Maybe we could go invade a resturant or pizza place :p

Chibi-kun
03-19-2006, 06:16 PM
I can do both cosplaying and photographing :D
Agent Sakur9 went to Comic Con last year and i'm pretty sure he goes to comic con every year.

ddrotaku
03-19-2006, 11:32 PM
I can do both cosplaying and photographing :D
Agent Sakur9 went to Comic Con last year and i'm pretty sure he goes to comic con every year.
Okay, awesome.

I just wouldn't want any of the cosplayers to miss out on getting in on the photo's.

Chibi-kun
03-19-2006, 11:37 PM
i'll just ask for some of the photos from someone else if i'm unable to give my camera to someone else. And i still havent decided if i should bring TJ hinata or kimono. But i'm most likely leaning towards the TJ one simply because i doubt i can give it much con time for AX. Only thing is, will people recognize it XD aah the purpleness of it all.

ddrotaku
03-20-2006, 09:46 AM
i'll just ask for some of the photos from someone else if i'm unable to give my camera to someone else. And i still havent decided if i should bring TJ hinata or kimono. But i'm most likely leaning towards the TJ one simply because i doubt i can give it much con time for AX. Only thing is, will people recognize it XD aah the purpleness of it all.
I don't think the anime will be caught up to Team 8 at that point, so only we manga readers would recognize it :p .

Though at Comic Con, not sure if folks would recognize Kimono Hinata so much either (may have forgotten all about the GO!! opening sequence). Either way, you're equally likely to not be recognized (I don't think I'll be recognized at all as TJ Kiba unless I bring my Akamaru... which probably won't happen since I won't have any place to store him : ( ), so wear what you like most :D

Chibi-kun
03-20-2006, 08:50 PM
well, it all depends if TJ hinata gets enough convention time at AX but i guess once i get my fill for TJ hinata from AX then i will most likely not bring her to comic con but to pmx instead...who knows. but either way, i'll show up as a photographer if not a cosplayer.

ddrotaku
03-22-2006, 01:58 AM
Hehe, I understand. I'm probably gonna put TJ Kiba away for Comic Con, simply because I'm pretty sure that costume will be getting all of my attention at AX (with the TJ photoshoot, as well as the Naruto Gathering... not to mention my group will consist of a TJ Hinata and Shino), so pre TJ Kiba will be my choice for Comic Con.

Chibi-kun
03-22-2006, 02:27 PM
i've put back TJ hinata for comic con but will be worn to PMX I guess :D

Gowa-chan
03-22-2006, 02:59 PM
For a place to gather, I suggest the back of the convention center (with all the balconies that looks towards the Naval base and such) on the stairs. Last year, we had trouble clarifying where we were meeting, apparently there ended up being two gatherings XD
From the stairs, we could take pictures there, or possible move to another spot (and the stairs, once you see them, are hard to miss)

Gowa-chan
03-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Aha! I found a picture! Also, I remember there are two huge sets of stairs: one that you see from the front of the center, and another (the one I'm thinking of) behind the center:

http://scotthaefner.com/kap/gallery/fullsize/sdcc3.jpg

the circle is the bottom of the stairs, and they spread up to the level above it. To get to it, you can leave from the Sails pavilion, go right outside, and you are at the top, or from the dealer hall, you can go to the back, through the exit with the escalators, up one set of escalators (both sets take you to the Upper Level, one set takes you to the mezzaine level) and leave the building through the doors, which places you at the base of the stairs.

Chibi-kun
03-22-2006, 06:04 PM
@___@ STAIRS! thats it, i'm atleast bringing TJ hinata for a good hour out to get some convention air XDDD i want a picture at those stairs lol.

DarkReflection
03-22-2006, 08:39 PM
This gathering is shaping up a bit, I'm liking how it goes so far. But as of yet we've not suggested a time, the location is fine I don't mind walking abit. Also some sad news to report, Apparently my other Naruto cosplay buddies are not joining in my cause this year. Complaning that," Too many n00bs at CC next year and the sandals were a pain to wear." (That and they picked up on the BLEACH band-wagon) With the introduction of NARUTO to CartoonNetwork...I don't blame them, that much. Anyway, Lets keep those Naruto Cosplayers Coming! My Sasuke (regular & Chunnin exam) are raring to go, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Gowa-chan
03-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey, do Bleach and Naruto! That's what I'll be doing! (plus some Avatar as well)
For day/time of the gathering, I think we should wait for a bit closer to the convention before we decide; I know that I (and most likely some other people) have a costume that I want to wear the same day as a panel/signing (I'm hoping the Avatar creators will be there again, and if they are, I want to wear my Avatar Kyoshi costume the day their there). We should wait for some more of the panels to be announced.

Chibi-kun
03-23-2006, 07:47 PM
i've had the sudden urge to do TJ Sasuke intime for Comic Con with the sudden appearance of the Uchiha XDDD
man, whatever happened to me taking a break from naruto cosplaying XDD

Gowa-chan
03-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Heheh, I just want to see more that his darn silhuoette >.<

SnowDragonX
04-03-2006, 02:58 AM
me and my sis [posibly anbu tenten] is coming to the comic-con for a visit but we aren't sure if were going to buy passes to go inside. most of it is the same each year so we're desiding not to come inside but maybe we can have a photo shoot or just meet and say hi ^_^

Chibi-kun
04-04-2006, 12:25 AM
me and my sis [posibly anbu tenten] is coming to the comic-con for a visit but we aren't sure if were going to buy passes to go inside. most of it is the same each year so we're desiding not to come inside but maybe we can have a photo shoot or just meet and say hi ^_^

theres always the amazing technique of badge rotations. worked for us pretty well, so i got into comic con for free XDDD

xcascax
04-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I'll go, but i have no idea as what.

TheZan
04-19-2006, 06:03 PM
What day is this gathering? I'm planning a Bleach Gathering at possibly the same place (those stairs by the bay) on Friday. Is yours on Saturday? Should we have a NaruBleach crossover gathering? Lol, just kidding. Unless its a good idea. If It's a good idea, I was totally serious ^_^;;

Gowa-chan
04-19-2006, 11:31 PM
We're not sure what day yet, but I certainly don't want them the same day since I have costumes for both.

xcascax
04-20-2006, 10:06 AM
i have too many Naruto cosplays!!!!
I may go as time jump Naruto, but i will have to see what my friend wants to do but what day and time.

ddrotaku
04-20-2006, 06:45 PM
I feel like it's still pretty early to decide time and location... not to mention I don't have a very good idea of the lobby floor plan (if someone has an image of it that could help a lot).

I'm all for suggestions, considering we have plenty of time before comic con.

Natchan
05-02-2006, 11:53 AM
I am going as 1st costume Sakura for sure, but I don't know which day! :japan: My brother will be attending as Kazakage Gaara, and my sister doesn't know yet but will be going as a Naruto character! Oh yeah and for a floor plan you could probably get one from the offical Comic Con Website!

Gowa-chan
05-03-2006, 11:38 PM
I mentioned this location earlier this thread, and Iím mentioning it again, because it is probably one of the best spots for a gathering, and very easy to find:

Aha! I found a picture! Also, I remember there are two huge sets of stairs: one that you see from the front of the center, and another (the one I'm thinking of) behind the center:

http://scotthaefner.com/kap/gallery/fullsize/sdcc3.jpg

the circle is the bottom of the stairs, and they spread up to the level above it. To get to it, you can leave from the Sails pavilion, go right outside, and you are at the top, or from the dealer hall, you can go to the back, through the exit with the escalators, up one set of escalators (both sets take you to the Upper Level, one set takes you to the mezzaine level) and leave the building through the doors, which places you at the base of the stairs.

DarkReflection
05-09-2006, 09:42 PM
As I said earlier in the KH gathering:

Considering that The Final Fantasy gathering is On Friday, Bleach on Saturday, Most options for a good day are really taken. Thursday, everyone is busy snooping around what's new at Con, and Sunday everyone is packing up. But this is also taking into consideration, passes Thursday and Sunday are the cheapest days for Con unlike Friday and Saturday (Traffic is also VERY HORRID no matter what day). The Kingdom Hearts gathering I'm also trying to find good accomidations for is having the same difficulties as this gathering, I assure you. But as I wonder, Do the other comfirmed gatherings last the WHOLE Convention? If not, Maybe there could be costume changes mid-day? But maybe not... People don't like the hassle of changing in the public restroom or some sort. I have experience in stating this. Having a Nighttime, say 2-3 hrs before Con ends, gathering could be interesting but realizing that many cosplayers here so far are underage for nighttime excursions downtown; this idea is very likely to be rejected. As for Placement, Many gatherings have located behind the convention center, it could be ideal for ALL gatherings, seeing the popularity of the site. By process of elimination, Thursday or Sunday- midday- Behind convention center (as said by Gowa-chan). I will see that our times do NOT affect any other gatherings, but lend a hand if you can. It would be very much appreciated.

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
05-10-2006, 04:14 PM
kewl a naruto gathering... perfect! can i be tsunade and i got 2 friends being shizune and kazekage gaara and i mite be able to bring a sakura neji and hinata

DarkReflection
05-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Okay, I've been looking up the other forums and almost all times we can set this gathering for are very much taken. FF being on Friday and Bleach on Saturday. Sad to say, but KH may have to COMPETE with another gathering. Seeing as MOST of all gathering members are on either gathering beside Naruto,

We'll compensate for your convienence and have the NARUTO gathering on
THURSDAY.

Begins at 11-ish and ends once everyone decides to leave.

This gathering will be located here: http://scotthaefner.com/kap/gallery/fullsize/sdcc3.jpg (Ty Gowa-chan.)
Stairs PLS. & TY.

Anyway, If anyone has an arguement against or with this; comment or PM me and we may be able to arrange something.

Scruffy Rebel
05-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Hmmm if Naruto is on Thursday than I should be good to go. At least I can make this since Bleach is out of the question on Saturday...that's Star Wars day.

~Scruffy

xmissxhellx
06-22-2006, 07:47 PM
if i get my costume all done by comic-con, i should be attending as mitarashi anko! ^^

as for the location, do you have a map or something of the sort to point out where that area is? either i've never seen that area of the center in my life, or i just cant tell from the angle of the photo... ^^;;

Gowa-chan
06-23-2006, 12:26 AM
if i get my costume all done by comic-con, i should be attending as mitarashi anko! ^^

as for the location, do you have a map or something of the sort to point out where that area is? either i've never seen that area of the center in my life, or i just cant tell from the angle of the photo... ^^;;
It may be one of the first times Anko's been doubled XD

BrianAnim
06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
<-- Will be playing Genma on Saturday.

xmissxhellx
06-23-2006, 11:20 PM
It may be one of the first times Anko's been doubled XD

hooray! im surprised anko isnt an often-done character! she's so kick ass! ^^ well, im looking forward to tag-teaming up with you! *pulls out dango*

Hikago!
06-24-2006, 12:03 PM
If you guys need an itachi, I'm at your service ^^

Clockwork
06-24-2006, 05:15 PM
<-- Will be playing Genma on Saturday.

I was Oboro (the rain ninja) you took a picture with.

Gowa-chan
06-24-2006, 10:19 PM
hooray! im surprised anko isnt an often-done character! she's so kick ass! ^^ well, im looking forward to tag-teaming up with you! *pulls out dango*
There are a chunk of Anko cosplayers, but only a small fraction are near accurate... I hate the ones that wear a jacket, a fishnet shirt, and a skirt, claiming their anko >.<

BrianAnim
06-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Well i'm going to try and get the day off of work for thursday's naruto meet and push my SAS costume for saturday, hope to see you all there!

MamochiZabuza
07-03-2006, 01:44 AM
Well, Zabuza and Dosu want me to do it. But, no time for Dosu, and I've since retired the Zabuza. After it hit the US, I just didn't want to do it anymore. But, I guess I'll make random appearances at Star Trek Zabuza...

BladeCali
07-08-2006, 10:09 PM
I cant make it to the meet on Thursday but i will be cosplaying Kiba Sexy no Justu on Saturday :)

ethanol
07-11-2006, 02:51 AM
ooo *wave wave* naruto XD

Kasui_Enoki
07-12-2006, 04:35 AM
my friend and I will be there as the Sound Ninja trio.

Chibi-kun
07-15-2006, 08:05 PM
I wasnt really planning on going to Comic Con despite the fact that it is a local con. I might be working to get ready for AOD so i might just drop by for a day. And I am in no mood to put on a kimono or the blind lenses and I got a cut from the bandages of SNJ sasuke. So I most likely will just pop up at Comic Con as TJ Sasuke.

ddrotaku
07-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Okay, ComicCon is this coming weekend, and I just want to know when, and where you guys would like to meet up. If we can come to a decision, I'll update my post at the beginning of the thread ^^

Gowa-chan
07-16-2006, 07:01 PM
From looking at the Gathering Schedules post, we're apparently going for:
Thursday
Time: 11:30 am

Chibi-kun
07-18-2006, 04:27 PM
I might arrive at 12-ish >D but I'll try to go to the gathering. I know for sure I'll be wearing TJ Sasuke that day.

demon saske
07-20-2006, 03:38 PM
do you guys know where i can find a sasuke jacket

Chibi-kun
07-20-2006, 09:14 PM
lmao, I arrived at Comic Con as TJ Sasuke around 8-ish. And I got lost for the next 3 hours trying to find where the gathering was >DD so just incase you guys were wondering if Sasuke did show up. I did >DDD Gowa-chan and Miss Hell found me halfway through the day lol!

ethanol
07-20-2006, 10:23 PM
that rocked ahaha

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
07-21-2006, 01:22 AM
lol hahha yeah that gathering was fun XD

BrianAnim
07-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Hey, a bunch of people who couldn't make the 1st naruto meeting are going back to the 2nd, it will be INSIDE the mezzanene (seeing as it was hot on the stares)

If you were at the 1st one, its the floor just inside the doors by the big round stares!

1pm, saturday!

Suna
07-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Yay, there is going to be another one? That's makes me so happy, since my friend and I weren't able to make the first one...
So then, look for a chuunin exam Gaara and Sasuke at the next one! ^^

BrianAnim
07-24-2006, 09:47 AM
great, now we just need Eurobeat King to post the pics so we can see em :-D

I cant wait to see how the group pic turned out.

Mariks_Dragon
10-18-2006, 12:10 AM
I am going as Haku

Zyph
11-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, if you're still looking for a Chouji, I'm here! Assuming I don't loose weight before then!:toothy:

raevyn
01-23-2007, 02:07 AM
Yondaime-sama reporting in!

Eurobeat King
02-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Please post in this current Naruto gathering thread for comic-con 2007:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=101989

Thanks.