PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Digicam resizing

The Element
02-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know how to resize on a kodak digicam program that comes with the camera. I'm assuming all the versions (if there are versions) are about the same idea.

I cant figure out how to resize :( all my pictures turn out like...300k

Ollie
02-13-2006, 06:45 AM
I just don't use the included software. It's usually sub-par. It's easy to say when I have Photoshop CS2 available, but I still often use a program called Graphic Converter (lemkesoft) for the bulk of my processing. Photoshop is only for important pictures, since I don't really have time to manually edit several hundred photos after a convention.

As for the size, though, 300k sounds about right for a 3MP camera, which was also a Kodak. (An easyshare, to be precise.) If you really need a solution to resizing and can't find anything that suits your needs, I think google has software called picasa which will do some of that stuff for you.

stefaniecat
02-13-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm the kind of geek that, when confronted with a technical camrea or software problem, I hit the manuel, or the website's help forums lol. So, for this, I hit Kodak's site, and assuming you have the 'easy share' software ...

And, since I didn't see anything obvious, and am pressed for time this AM - Here's the link to easyshare software... http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn026079.jhtml?pq-path=10/5224
I'd recomend updating to make sure you've got the full/new version with the tech support, and then ask them if you can't find the info...

..or download a free program that will let you tweak that. A free one I"ve used is PhotoFiltre, though there are of course others.

Captain Gundam
02-13-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm the kind of geek that, when confronted with a technical camrea or software problem, I hit the manuel, or the website's help forums lol. So, for this, I hit Kodak's site, and assuming you have the 'easy share' software ...

And, since I didn't see anything obvious, and am pressed for time this AM - Here's the link to easyshare software... http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn026079.jhtml?pq-path=10/5224
I'd recomend updating to make sure you've got the full/new version with the tech support, and then ask them if you can't find the info...

..or download a free program that will let you tweak that. A free one I"ve used is PhotoFiltre, though there are of course others.

The easyshare program honestly doesnt work. I have it on my pc and I've changed the settings and downloaded new programs and updates. i have photoshop for my pc so i recommend getting it for yours, element

stefaniecat
02-13-2006, 10:51 PM
The easyshare program honestly doesnt work. I have it on my pc and I've changed the settings and downloaded new programs and updates. i have photoshop for my pc so i recommend getting it for yours, element

Well in that case, meh to it. Free image editing software is purry!

The Element
02-14-2006, 06:41 PM
thanks i'll try and download photoshop or somethin. all i need it for is resizing.