PDA

View Full Version : Nekocon

Celine
07-31-2002, 12:29 AM
OK, so Takocon busted and I'm going to try and replace it with Nekocon (from the other thread, it seems that others may do the same?). Plus, it seems that a great many of my friends will be there and could make a smaller con a lot of fun. Who here is planning to attend? Any thoughts on Nekocon? ^^

*wishes there was something closer to Pittsburgh*

Studmaster
07-31-2002, 11:34 AM
For the complete lowdown (http://www.nekocon.org)

Rosiel
07-31-2002, 12:25 PM
Soooooooo Celine... bringing Vyse? ;)
(As for Neko it's my favorite con)

Nyoko
08-02-2002, 04:07 PM
this year I am only going one day and hopefuly going to do a skit for gokudo-kun.

Jibrille
08-04-2002, 08:59 PM
me and my horde of anime club people will be attending nekocon this year. we love small cons. ^^
ALSO
for another small con. check out anime usa
(yes, i have now pressed the existence of this con in three or four threads. lol)
www.animeusa.org

SMALL CONS ROCK!

*does the nekocon dance* wwoooooo! ^^;

Nyoko
08-05-2002, 11:20 PM
maby I see you there!!!! I will keep a look out (who are you planing on going as?) and if you sit in for the cosplay, clap for our skit even if we suck, all get stage fright, die and fall of the stage....

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-05-2002, 11:58 PM
Yay! Celine is cool.... umm, hmm... Nekocon is where I'm going to replace Takocon too... stupid Convention people wanting give away Cash prizes for the Costume Contest screwed it all up... ohwell... ::frowns 'cuz he lives in pittsburgh:: Who you cosplaying as there?

Kenshin Ken
08-07-2002, 12:58 PM
which pitssburgh are you guys talkin about again? I got a feeling it's not Pittsburgh,Ca ^^;;

KuroBara
08-07-2002, 01:28 PM
I've only been to the last 2 Otakons, and I-Cons. If I can find a cheap flight, is Nekocon worth flying to?

Rosiel, your pic looks familiar, are you associated with Studio Ironcat? Just wondering ^_^

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-07-2002, 01:47 PM
Pittsburgh, PA

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 01:50 PM
> Rosiel, your pic looks familiar, are you associated with Studio Ironcat? Just wondering ^_^

Actually, I was working for them at Icon this year... so you might have seen me there either as Rosiel or Seed. ^___^

I was at Otakon as Rosiel for the past two years too...

KuroBara
08-07-2002, 01:59 PM
That's it! I talked to you at I-Con last year. It was so surprising to see an Angel Sanctuary cosplayer there. I also remember the other girl who was wearing lots of bright pink spandex, but I can't remember her character's name.

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 02:03 PM
> That's it! I talked to you at I-Con last year. It was so surprising to see an Angel Sanctuary cosplayer there.

Were you in costume?

> I also remember the other girl who was wearing lots of bright pink spandex, but I can't remember her character's name.

Yes, that was Tikki and I forgot what her character's name was... she was an old-school mecha... with working breast missiles. LOL

Rosiel
08-07-2002, 02:04 PM
I know! The character's name was Aphrodite!

KuroBara
08-07-2002, 07:36 PM
I was dressed as Sailor Neptune on Friday, and Suzaku no Miko on Saturday. Here's a pic, missiles and all ^_^

Nyoko
08-10-2002, 10:36 AM
How do you get to work for Studio Ironcat??

Rosiel
08-10-2002, 07:26 PM
> How do you get to work for Studio Ironcat??

Well it's not really "work" more like "help out". I have a friend who actually /works/ there and she needed help with the booth so she talked me into going to the con with her.

I guess you have to know people. ^___^

Nyoko
08-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Oh...ok!

Nyoko
08-14-2002, 08:58 PM
I may not be doing a skit anymore... I know it sucks, half of who was doing the skit maby can't go or don't wanna come...
So I may go as someone else... (Rune from Dragon Kights) if I can get the colors of his clothes......

Nyoko
08-15-2002, 12:35 PM
I am going as Rune!!!! YAY!!! at least as far as I know.

Daala
08-15-2002, 01:52 PM
I'll be at Nekocon this year, this will be my first time ^_^

Nyoko
08-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Oh you'll have fun! Who you going as Daala?

Daala
08-16-2002, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure yet, maybe my Ruby moon School outfit. Is it normaly packed? or not to much of a crowd?

Nyoko
08-16-2002, 11:23 AM
its abit packed but its not like overly... don't really know how to explane that....

Nyoko
09-04-2002, 11:34 AM
ok yes I kew that it is still like 2-3 monthes away... but thats close for me and I have started preprations, But I wanna know who is comeing this year! am I think we need to get togther at some point and take pictures! ^-^ I know I am stuped... it is just some idea I had.

Rosiel
09-04-2002, 12:15 PM
> ok yes I kew that it is still like 2-3 monthes away...

I just finished a costume for KATSUCON, so 2-3 months isn't THAt far. LOL.

> wanna know who is comeing this year!

I am!

Nyoko
09-05-2002, 08:50 PM
I just finished a costume for Katsu to... I really need to go start on my ones for nekocon, its geting closer by the day...

Celine
09-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Rargh! I can't go to Nekocon! I have to take the GRE that Saturday. >.<

I guess that means I can't make anything until 2003...

Rosiel
09-06-2002, 09:02 AM
> Rargh! I can't go to Nekocon! I have to take the GRE that Saturday. >.<

*hug* Think of it as saving a lot of money you can spend on more costumes. ^_____^

Alexeil
09-06-2002, 10:32 AM
That sucks!! I was looking forward to doing DOA with ya, too! Oh well, some other con. There are some things that are more important than cons, so don't worry, heh.

Nyoko
09-06-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Alexeil
That sucks!! I was looking forward to doing DOA with ya, too! Oh well, some other con. There are some things that are more important than cons, so don't worry, heh.

I envy you all that have lives...

Kendo_Bunny
09-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Aw... you have a life ^_^ Not much of one, but you've still got one. Just like me :)
Anyways, I get paid next week, and after I deposit my obligatory half I should have enough with last weeks and this weeks paycheck to afford my Tomoe wig, sandals, and some opaque white cloth. Heaven only knows how I'm going to go buy it ^^;

ElfEater
09-08-2002, 11:18 PM
NekoCon! I almost forgot it was this year! ^_^ Sung and I are definatly going to drive down and check it out! ^_^

rpd_girl
09-09-2002, 12:02 AM
Me too! Was so dissapointed that the Takoncon fell through! We need a con in the 'Burgh! or at least somewhere more close! Is most likely going to Nekocon. Wants a new costume. (like I am sure you can't guess who I usually go as :p) Anyone ever play Ehrgeiz for PSX? I was going to go as Yoyo Yoko... but my bf said noone would know who I was. I haven't been to the Nekocon yet.. went to the Ohayocon last year... it was fun but kinda ghetto. Can anyone compare the two to give me an idea?

ElfEater
09-09-2002, 12:16 AM
Whoa! That would rock my socks if you went has her! ^_^ Maybe you could find a Jo, and some of the other people too! That would be really cool... Ive never seen any of the Ehrgeiz costumes made.

Rosiel
09-09-2002, 10:13 AM
Nekocon is about the size of Ohayocon (or at least that's how it feels to me) it's a just a LOT better organized. ^___^

Nyoko
09-09-2002, 02:36 PM
Nope don't have a life. at lest not untill I get a job... specking of jobs...

rpd_girl
09-11-2002, 10:24 AM
cool, I think I might go as Yoyo Yoko. The costume is pretty easy I think. For some reason I allways like to dress up as police chicks. :-p. I was also thinking of Tsujimoto Natsumi from "You're Under Arrest!" but only if my friend would dress as Miyuki. :) Then my brother would HAVE to go as Ken cause he looks exactly like him! Anyways.. I am glad it is more organized. That drove me nuts at the Ohayocon. And it is at Virginia Beach. Never been there. Are there alot of bugs like in the Carolinas??? I can't handle that.

Nyoko
09-16-2002, 10:32 AM
bugs?!... no not alot

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 10:56 AM
> Are there alot of bugs like in the Carolinas???

Bugs? People actually go outside at anime cons?
O_O

Oshi
09-16-2002, 05:08 PM
I dunno if I'm gonna be allowed to go. It's 4.5 hours away driving... so my parents might nix that, being that far during the school year. Besides, I don't wanna get a hotel room by myself, too costly ^_^;;
...but I would love to go! So if anybody can help with the latter problem, I'll take care of the superiors ;D

Oh, and it's a four hour drive that I can't leave for until classes end Friday, at about 1:00.

Nyoko
09-17-2002, 11:36 AM
Ok your closer then me! I would mostlikely have to live at 2 and be there by 10. I wish I was closer!

I don't think I can help in anyway, Sorry ~.~

John Booty
09-18-2002, 07:07 PM
For what it's worth, I'll probably be there!

Celine
09-24-2002, 10:42 AM
*kicks topic*

Too many of my friends were going, I just gave in and purchased a ticket today. Blaargh. WAAAAY too expensive to travel to Virginia. I am apparently flying on a really tiny plane. I'm very nervous about that. Now I have to decide what costumes to bring.

Rosiel
09-24-2002, 11:53 AM
Bring a Skies of Arcadia costume! Remember... there wil be a Gilder! >___>

Eurobeat King
09-24-2002, 12:12 PM
Celine: Waaiii! You got your airline tix.. me so happy! :D Now I have to get off my tail and get my tix.. Mine will be more than yours, coming from San Francisco.. :thumbsup: But good for you that you're going.

I probably won't bring too many costumes myself, since last year I enjoyed the con but didn't cosplay too much, seeing how it was a smaller, relaxed con. (Interesting how Animagic is the most relaxed con, and yet my friends and I will be cosplaying soo many costumes..)

Costumes I will bring to Nekocon are:

Jann Lee (Dead or Alive 2)
Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D) :skidude2:
King (King of Fighters '99) (If there will be a gathering..)

So it might be just those 2-3 costumes. We'll see..

Jibrille
09-24-2002, 04:01 PM
oh i cant wait to go. though its a crazy drive from where i am (i'm an hour west of Philly *looks at map and cries*),anyway...
it'll be worth it. (at least it better be lol)

my friends and i did the 5 tickets for $100 thing. it was cool. ^^

at this point i'm not sure what will be brought costume wise, other than there will be a tactics costume involved... other than that i just dont know... *ponder ponder*

John Booty
09-24-2002, 04:03 PM
I'll be there mainly as Frog from Chrono Trigger, Folken from Escaflowne!

Haha, you're doing a Tactics costume, Jibrille? Celine (haha I'm calling you by your board name) are you gonna bring Ramza?

Jibrille
09-24-2002, 04:16 PM
by nekocon i'll have mimic and mediator done. ^^
shame i'll only have mimic done for anime usa... *grumble schoolwork grumble*
such tough choices. O.o

John Booty
09-24-2002, 05:00 PM
Man, I need to work on some FFTactics costumes. Oh yeah, I need to learn to sew, too. ^^;;;;

Celine
09-24-2002, 05:12 PM
Booty.... BE A WHITE MAGE!!! You know you want to! XD The men's version is easy, and sooooooooo cute. I'll bring Ramza if there are other FFT people, otherwise I'll wait until Katsucon to wear it again.

Rosiel: Maybe, if it's 100% for certain that there will be a Gilder! That costume takes up half a suitcase by itself. ^^

I'll probably bring Rutee (weather permitting) and my KoF costume (if I get it finished). Since I'm crazy, I might have an FF9 costume too. Then some old stuff.

Eurobeat King
09-25-2002, 12:15 PM
Celine: Heehee. You and your white-mages.. I remember at Otakon.. ;) I hope you get your KOF costume done, so we can pair up. Hopefully your costume will pair nicely with my King :D (I'll bug you via IM or phone as to which costume you're making..) We'll also drag Keith into it with his Kensou, so that's 3 of us so far. ;)

Nyoko
09-26-2002, 10:24 AM
^^ WOW! so meny going, I will try to keep a look aut for you all to at lest say hi and get a picy! ^_________^

makio
09-29-2002, 04:49 AM
Thanks to the small amount of expenses to go to AWA-8/Final Fantasy Ball, Delta Airlines, and the almighty dollar... I get to go to Nekocon this year! :D The airplane tickets have been purchased and the pre'registration tickets'll be paid for on Thursday (payday!). So, now I just have to find a cheap rate on a hotel/car... Anyhow, I'm going to *try* to bring the following costumes to keep in theme with everyone else! Problem is - I don't know which days people are wearing whatever. Help?

My Nekocon costume list is:

Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters 2002) or Kim Dong Hwan(Garou: Mark of the Wolves)
Gilder (Skies of Arcadia)
*Dracula (Castlevania: SotN)
Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Series3) or Asellas Diel(War of Genesis 3)

*If completed in time, I'll bring the costume with me. :)

Nyoko
09-29-2002, 08:16 PM
oO we have a beach house for neko^^......sorry.....

My list of costume that I am bringing just droped to one....~.~ Rune Dragon Knight tarvel clothing.... just no money now to finish all the ones I was going to bring....

makio
10-01-2002, 11:00 PM
Er...slight update to the previous post.

Fri: Domingo(SoA), Kim Dong Hwan(Garou:MotW)
Sat: Gilder(SoA)
Sun: Jotaro Kujo(JBA:Series3)

:thumbsup: At this point, I don't think I'll have the Dracula costume respectively done in time since I'm still working on the frock coat lining and I'm saving the Asellas Diel(tWoG3) costume for Megacon.

Celine
10-01-2002, 11:17 PM
Domingo? Really? Hehe, wow. ^_^

I can probably bring Clara if you don't mind me stalking you. I guess it'd be nice to wear that costume one more time... depends on if I get two new things done for Nekocon, too.

makio
10-01-2002, 11:31 PM
LoL, I'm an attention lovin' fiend.

>_> Okay, maybe not...but it'd be great to walk around Nekocon with friends, since it'd be the first time attending - besides, I'd get to see your Clara costume in person! This is actually going to be my last post for the evening before I start updating my Gilder costume's frock coat again. My brother suggested using my red wool overcoat this time around, but I love the velvet-like coat I wore last time. Either way, it'll be different from the way it looked at JACON2002 and closer resembling Gilder's own from the game...

Oshi
10-02-2002, 09:20 AM
Between Oct. and Nov., I'm not gonna have time to make any new costumes... therefore, if I manage to get to Nekocon (I'll talk to my anime club tonight to see if anyone wants to get a hotel together with me), I'll of course do Seifer, and mayyybe Kaze... I should find time to touch him up.
And thanks to halloween, I might be able to find a decent wig to top off Oshi!

Rosiel
10-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Clara? Gilder? Well I guess this means Ramirez is coming too!

Celine
10-02-2002, 10:13 PM
Yay! Hopefully I can bring it then and we'll have a bunch of Arcadia cosplay... ^_^ I so wish I'd gotten better pics with your Ramirez some earlier time, especially when I was Fina...

Rosiel
10-03-2002, 12:13 AM
You know, we should do a Skies of Arcadia walk-on at the cosplay... >^_^<

Celine
10-03-2002, 12:28 AM
^_^;;; Errr.. maybe... but since we both already entered those costumes in other masquerades, are we allowed to? What's the cosplay like at Nekocon, anyways?

makio
10-03-2002, 02:34 AM
It's my first time going to Nekocon, so I really couldn't say. However, I'm finally buying a digital camera (Sony Mavica! Whooo!) this weekend...so whatever pictures I do take, they should turn out good, since I can view how they look on the spot and retake the picture if needed. After AWA/FFB, I really don't want to deal with disposable cameras anymore! :rolleyes:

Rosiel
10-03-2002, 11:14 AM
> but since we both already entered those costumes in other masquerades, are we allowed to?

I don't think there are limitations since we didn't win anything and darn it I want my costume judged which did not happen at Akon. There was /no/ craftmanship judging and no one knew what my costume was supposed to look like anyway. (yikes, one can feel the bitterness oozing out of my pores LOL)

So I keep on wanting to enter it at a con where they actually pre-judge you for craftmanship and, you know, /look/ at your costume from less than 20 feet away.

AngelYuki
10-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Yes yes Jibrille-sama, you have pressed that can all over the place, and we love you for it. As for Nekocon it's a great con, or at least was when I went (Then again it was my first con so I'm biest) I'd say it's worth it to go. We should try and get a Cosplay.com meeting there since it is a small can and a meeting would be more likely then it was at Otakon. ^^

Nyoko
10-03-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by AngelYuki
We should try and get a Cosplay.com meeting there since it is a small can and a meeting would be more likely then it was at Otakon. ^^

YES! sometime saturday? but where?...I have lost it.....
what time does the masquerad begin and end?

Oshi
10-03-2002, 10:09 PM
Does anybody think they can assist me with a hotel room? Just in case nobody can come with me from my anime club (which is likely)

Celine
10-03-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
So I keep on wanting to enter it at a con where they actually pre-judge you for craftmanship and, you know, /look/ at your costume from less than 20 feet away.

I understand... but you and Belleza were so gorgeous. o_o I can bring my artbook if you want to have something to thrust at judges to show them how awesome and accurate you are, eh? Mweh, I'm flying, so I guess I can bring my giant suitcase of doom and pack Clara in there. And I'd also suggest that you try out the AX masquerade since the craftsmanship judging is pretty hardcore, it seems. That, and it was tons of fun! Whoo!

Rosiel
10-04-2002, 09:31 AM
> but you and Belleza were so gorgeous. o_o

It makes me happy that you liked our costumes. ^___^

> I can bring my artbook if you want to have something to thrust at judges to show them how awesome and accurate you are, eh?

You could? That would be great! I could print my source material too... but I don't have a color printer. X__X

> And I'd also suggest that you try out the AX masquerade since the craftsmanship judging is pretty hardcore, it seems. That, and it was tons of fun! Whoo!

I heard they already have a 20 group waiting list this year. Quite a change from last year when I got recruited in the halls by cosplay staff and asked to join. LOL.

Celine
10-04-2002, 10:34 AM
>It makes me happy that you liked our costumes. ^___^

It made me sad that I didn't have one of the generals to match. And I'd so love to do Alfonso or de Loco some day.

>You could? That would be great! I could print my source material too... but I don't have a color printer. X__X

Yep. It'd probably be much easier than messing with a printer. ^_^

>I heard they already have a 20 group waiting list this year. Quite a change from last year when I got recruited in the halls by cosplay staff and asked to join. LOL.

Oy, indeed they do. Then again, last year I managed to register for the masquerade less then 4 days before the con started. I dunno exactly what happened with it, but they were totally desperate for people. I have no idea what I want to do for it next year, except walk across stage again.

Rosiel
10-04-2002, 10:57 AM
> It made me sad that I didn't have one of the generals to match. And I'd so love to do Alfonso or de Loco some day.

Alfonso! Alfonso!
But then having Fina and Ramirez was cute too. ^___^

> I have no idea what I want to do for it next year, except walk across stage again.

Did you register already?
I need to see when Katsu pre-reg is opening because I will die if our group does not make it in! X___X

Celine
10-04-2002, 11:11 AM
>But then having Fina and Ramirez was cute too. ^___^

Yeah! But we really didn't get many good pics since the lighting in the hotel was AWFUL. I mean, NO windows... ^^

>Did you register already?

Yup. I'm not missing out this year. Way too much fun.

Rosiel
10-04-2002, 11:25 AM
> Yeah! But we really didn't get many good pics since the lighting in the hotel was AWFUL. I mean, NO windows... ^^

True... and we didn't get any cute pics either. ;___;

> Yup. I'm not missing out this year. Way too much fun.

Wow, you pounced early! X___X

makio
10-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Er...quick question. Since most of the posting members on this topic have been to Nekocon before, where exactly should I meet up with the group for this SoA picture? :o I don't know if I'll be able to bring my laptop with me (luggage space and all on the plane)...so I might not be able to check mail/IMs/MBposts while in Virginia.

Rosiel
10-08-2002, 08:06 PM
We generally call each other to plan things like that... Celine, you have a cell too, right?

(And well, Neko is SO SMALL it's hard not to find someone. LOL)

Celine
10-08-2002, 11:26 PM
Me? Cellphone?? Er... no, sorry. ^^
I haven't yet worked out a room arrangement either, but I might be staying with someone will a cell phone. I will find out soon, I guess.

Lightning Count
10-08-2002, 11:41 PM
Has anyone here been to Neko Con? I want to go but I'm not sure it's worth it????

Is it really small?

=>_<=

Eurobeat King
10-09-2002, 02:19 PM
I went to Nekocon last year, 1st time for me, and I had a lot of fun. The con is kinda small, with the dealers' room being smaller than others I've seen, but a lot of people showed up. Cosplayer wise, a lot of my East Coast friends who are great cosplayers went last year and the majority are going this year. :)

The pool-area was a good place for photos, although the pool was half-empty. :thumbsup: Hopefully this year they'll have it filled, at least to LOOK nice.. (it was pretty cold last year)

Video-game room was good because they had DDR, and better yet.. ParaPara!! :D Please let them have it again.. Masquerade was funny, and the dance was great because they played Eurobeat music for a while on one night. :skidude2:

Celine: How goes your costuming? I may not be bringing too many costumes with me to concentrate on photos, so if you don't get your KOF costume done in time, I'll be patient enuf until Katsu to wear King with you. :cool:

Gingerbread Man
10-10-2002, 09:45 PM
I know the answer will probably be no...but does anyone have a little space in their hotel room where I can squeeze in? I'm completly silent and am willing to pay! my friend said he had us a room and is now loosing interest and I don't want to get an entire room just for me...we're all friends...right?

Celine
10-10-2002, 11:53 PM
>Celine: How goes your costuming?

Uh, it isn't. ^^ Hehe. But I still have a few weeks so I'm optimistic. I basically only have one piece left to make for my KoF costume, although it's the toughest piece. What is killing me is that I have to work on my sister's Halloween costume... >.<

I hope they have Parapara because I *still* haven't tried it and I so want to!!! Agh!

makio
10-11-2002, 03:15 AM
I hope I can actually figure out what I'm doing in ParaPara. x_x Ah well...I'm bringing my GBAdvance and PSOne with me, so I should be ok.

I'm frantically trying to finish up one last costume set for Nekocon, though I'm having worlds of trouble sewing up foot/ankle bracers (for Kim Dong Hwan of Garou: Mark of the Wolves). I'm half tempted to go without'em! :(

Rosiel
10-13-2002, 01:43 PM
As a side note, I'm thinking of not bringing Ramirez to Neko and bringing Seed instead... if I have time to repair and enhance the costume...

^__^

Eurobeat King
10-13-2002, 01:58 PM
Celine: Please let me know once you get your KOF costume done, so I can decide if I want to wear King at Neko. :thumbsup:

Makio: Kewl that you're cosplaying as Kim Don Hwan! I've always tried to find someone to cosplay him, to go with my Kim Jae Hoon! I wore him this past weekend at the Metreon Anime Festival, and perhaps I might bring him to Neko to get some pics with you. :) Yeah, those feet-bracers are pretty tough, esp. to keep them attached to your feet. I tie them pretty tight, sometimes cutting off my circulation.. But of recent I wear kung-fu shoes because con/hotel staff have told me to wear shoes a few times.. :argue:

Yesh, please let them have ParaPara at Nekocon! My friend Carolina is going, and since we might pair up as Yukino & Arima from KareshiKanojyonojijyo (His & Her Circumstances) If they do, come see us do ParaPara as a cosplay pair! :skidude2: It will be fun to watch!

See you all in 4 weeks!

Nyoko
10-13-2002, 02:28 PM
^^ YAY!!... when are we all gonna get together?... YAY!!

Celine
10-13-2002, 03:11 PM
Rosiel- Let me know what you decide. ^^ Maybe I'd bring Luc instead if you're bringing Seed.

Al- I will have it done! Yes! Argh! I'll go work on it right now!! But you don't have to bring your costume if you've already got enough. Wear whatever you want! ^_^

Nyoko- Hm, maybe late Friday or sometime on Saturday? I don't get in until pretty late on Friday and I would hate to miss a little gathering. We need to have a cosplay.com pic, although it can't possibly compete with the huge pic from Ani-magic. Yay east coast con attendees! XD

Kaje
10-13-2002, 05:43 PM
Hm, this'll be my first time at Nekocon. I heard some good things about it. Anyway, I'll be cosplaying as Riku from KH. I'll be only going one day, and that day will be Saturday. I'll post some pictures of my Riku costume when I'm finished. ^_^

Nyoko
10-14-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Nyoko- Hm, maybe late Friday or sometime on Saturday? I don't get in until pretty late on Friday and I would hate to miss a little gathering. We need to have a cosplay.com pic, although it can't possibly compete with the huge pic from Ani-magic. Yay east coast con attendees! XD

ya same here, I will most likey be there by 5 or 6 pm on Friday... oO

Kaje
10-14-2002, 09:06 PM
... Saturday. Deffinatley Saturday! *_*

dizzylizzy
10-14-2002, 10:05 PM
:D ::jumps up and down:: i'm so excited! this is going to be my first trip to nekocon!!! wooo!! are there any "must see" things that i should check out besides the masquerade and dance???

Oshi
10-14-2002, 10:41 PM
*still looking for potential crash space* o_o;;
By potential, I mean it would be okay if I call it off, cuz I'm still not sure if I'm able to go...

I must try to go... I'm gonna need my fix a month from now @_@

Celine
10-15-2002, 12:53 AM
OK, the masquerade (only event I can foresee for sure people wanting to be in) has registration/run-through from 11 to 2. Then the craftsmanship judging is at 4. How does... um, 2 (on Saturday) sound to people? As long as you aren't the very last run-through, you should be fine. And if it is really a small con, I suppose things won't run over. Please tell me if that conflicts with anyone's panel attending plans!

Nyoko
10-16-2002, 11:02 AM
how bout more along the lines of 2:30?

makio
10-17-2002, 03:41 AM
Today's payday for me and I'm purchasing my room today and calling back Delta Airlines to confirm the noon Friday flight to Virginia from Florida... So I'll try to see if I can snag a room at the Holiday Inn where Nekocon's being held. After hours DDR/Gaming Crash-Space, ya know? :D

...as for schedule plans, save for the costume contest, I'm available.

Eurobeat King
10-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Nekocon is about 3 weeks away, so why don't we form a cosplay.com gathering during that weekend, since the turnout might be good. Myself, Rosiel, Celine, and a few others who are going could help organize the photoshoot. Last year on Saturday, near the outdoor pool courtyard, we all gathered for 4 photoshoots in a row: Cosp ML, ACP, Cosmen, and err.. icchi-parcheesi (?) so if they have that again, why not form a 5th group with cosplay.com? Since I'm not sure what time the other groups will form for the photoshoot, we'll have to find out when we get there. :thumbsup: Hopefully we can get it done before everyone has to prep for the masquerade. Sound good? Look forward to seeing everyone there!!

Oshi
10-17-2002, 01:17 PM
Ah, yes, I'd love to do a cosplay.com meeting, since I fully intend on going Saturday. But, I really hate driving home at night. So it would really be convinient if I could get a hotel room... CMON, DOESN'T ANYBODY HAVE CRASH SPACE?! ;_; I'm sure everybody here does. You can always fit another person on the floor u.u *beg*plead*whine*bitch*moan*etc*
I need to know if I have a room so I can pre-reg! >.<

May I remind you that I'm not a freeloader, I will pay for the stay, and adding me will bring down the room cost per person. u.u;

Celine
10-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Good idea, Al. How about posting to the appropriate boards/ml lists about tentatively having a mega photo shoot around 2:30? We might want to wait a bit since people tend to forget... but having everything at once would be nice and convenient. I've never actually found the COSP or ACP shoots, so I don't want to miss it this time! Rargh!

Oshi, can't help you, sorry... does Nekocon have a board you could post on? Or maybe try the COSP... or even Otakon mailing lists? ^^

Oshi
10-17-2002, 10:07 PM
Worry not, my room problem is taken care of, you will see me and my gunblade at Nekocon all three days ^_^
(THANK YOU JIBRILLE!!!)

Jibrille
10-17-2002, 11:17 PM
>(THANK YOU JIBRILLE!!!)

No problem at all ^^

tis my deed as a good little con goer to make sure everyones favorite chat room operator has a good time! LOL! ^^

makio
10-18-2002, 08:24 AM
If we're all meeting on Saturday for a photo-op, is there any particular theme we should appear as? KOF? SoA?

Celine
10-18-2002, 11:09 AM
>If we're all meeting on Saturday for a photo-op, is there any particular theme we should appear as? KOF? SoA?

Hmm.. You have a KoF costume? How many people here do? ^^ Al said he isn't bringing his, but I have mine. What the hell am I bringing anyway?? Ack, I should probably start figuring that out.

Knowing me, I can practically guarantee that I'll bring too many costumes, and won't wear Clara until Saturday evening. Rosiel said she's probably bringing Seed instead of Ramirez.

Jibrille, when are you wearing Beatrix (can you wear it Fri? ^^)? Is anyone else doing FFTactics?

Eurobeat King
10-18-2002, 11:57 AM
For the cosplay.com photoshoot, there's no specific theme. You can wear any kind of costume you want to, or wear regular clothes. We did this at Animagic, where as long as you were a member of cosplay.com (actually registered) you could be in the group and didn't have to wear a costume. MeiLanChang wore regular clothes, and I wore my Cosplay.com T-shirt which is prolly what I'll be wearing for the Neko gathering. :skidude2:

Celine: I'll be bringing my King costume with me, but I don't think I'll be wearing it. Although someone WILL be wearing it that weekend.. heehee :thumbsup: Perhaps this person can pair up with you to do KOF in my place.. ;)

3 weeks to go.. costumes? hmm.. still deciding..

Nyoko
10-18-2002, 01:10 PM
well I will have my costume on for the pictures ^^ I like it to much to take it off...

Oshi
10-18-2002, 05:28 PM
Ooh... I'm gonna have to talk to Will about a good idea for the photoshoot.... Me as Seifer, him as Squall... Dueling! Yess... Heh

Jibrille
10-18-2002, 06:11 PM
>Jibrille, when are you wearing Beatrix (can you wear it Fri? ^^)? Is anyone else doing FFTactics?

Sure i could wear it on Friday. right now i dont think i really have any set costume plans.
I'll wear Tactics most likely saturday, and i should have a Dancer and Monk with me at least.

damn...i wonder what else i am gonna wear? maybe i'll have mediator done, or suzuka (wouldnt have a wig though) hmmm...
jibrille again? i dont know... O.o i have too many to choose from right now. ><

Gingerbread Man
10-20-2002, 02:21 PM
*cries* My internet went down so I wasn't able to reserve a hotel room.....now their all gone.....crap

Rosiel
10-21-2002, 09:40 AM
Jibrille, keep me posted as whether or not you will bring your Jibrille costume. (One day we WILL take a picture together! LOL)

I had so much fun in my Rosiel "pimp suit" this weekend I'm thinking of bringing it to Nekocon too. ^___^

Jibrille
10-21-2002, 10:05 AM
Alright, i think i've officially decided what i am doing *sorts through stuff..budgets time...falls over dead* ^^; lol

alright.
Friday i'm going to wear Beatrix. all hail big swords! ^^(assuming it'll fit in the car) O.o
Saturday morning i'll wear Jibrille. (cause i love it to bits)
rest of Saturday either Mimic or Mediator if mediator is done. Ah, yay for Tactics.
And if i feel real adventurous, i'll wear Ritsuko on sunday. ^^

thats my list and i'm stickin to it!!! @.@

someday i'd like to wear Fatora to a con again.... but not till i find some more el hazard cosplayers out there.... so lack in numbers we are *sigh*

Oshi
10-21-2002, 02:33 PM
I'm doing Seifer all three days... considering bringing Kaze along just in case...

Uhh... Why do I not see any gaming info on the Nekocon website? O_O; Ohh they better have it... I'm gonna need to get my DDR fix... and I wanna try ParaPara u.u;

Celine
10-21-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Jibrille
someday i'd like to wear Fatora to a con again.... but not till i find some more el hazard cosplayers out there.... so lack in numbers we are *sigh*

Someday when I'm bored I'll probably do Alielle because she rocks so much. There really isn't enough El-Hazard love...

FF9 on Friday is good. ^_^ Yaaay! Beatrix! Whoo!

Oshi- Is Kaze from FFU? ^^;;; I haven't seen it but I'm helping a friend put together an outfit from it for Nekocon.

Oshi
10-21-2002, 06:47 PM
Why yes, I am implying Kaze from FF:U. I guess I will bring it along if there's gonna be someone else from it ^_^

makio
10-25-2002, 06:52 AM
I'm actually pretty hyped up to attend Nekocon now...I've got my digital camera finally, all my costumes set (save for Kim Dong Hwan...couldn't finish it in time. The frustration of making proper hand/anklebracers!), and my flight/hotel plans set. Can't wait to see everyone there...'cause I want to take a lot of pictures!

...but don't think of it as sarcasm or insult if I have to ask who you're dressed as. :thumbsup:

dizzylizzy
10-25-2002, 05:59 PM
so...erm... nekocon is what? 2 weeks?!?! :::gasp::: have we decided on a time for the photo shoot? i'd luv to meet ya guys. : ) i know the cosp shoot is at 2:30 by the pool.... any thoughts?

Gingerbread Man
10-25-2002, 11:21 PM
....two weeks ah?....I think it's time to start a costume....;-D

Oshi
10-25-2002, 11:26 PM
Dude... the hotel... has an indoor pool =D
*packs a pair of swim shorts just in case*
And free parking, thank god.

I'm not all too hyped up about Nekocon though. At least, not as much as I should be ^_^; I'm excited about being able to hang out with you guys who don't come too far north for cons, though. And can't wait to try ParaPara (Celine, you and I shall be the official ParaPara Newbs, hehe). And I shall be doing my first walk-on... unless I get pulled into a skit, heh.
I havn't told my parents about this con yet... mweheh... This will be fun trying to put my stuff in my car Thursday night. And then skipping class Friday (yes, after telling my profs thurs). Why don't I tell my parents? Uhh... Do you really think they'll want me going all the way to Virginia Beach during the school year? >.>;

By my calculations, I should be down there a bit after noon... unless... I can manage to sneak out before my mom even wakes up... hmmm... then I'll be there by 10... ^_^;
Basically, to find me... Just look for Seifer. *points at Avatar*

Celine
10-26-2002, 02:16 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! TWO WEEKS! *dies* ARGH! I would be hyped up for Nekocon, except I have no new costumes finished yet. I don't even have Halloween costumes finished yet. I'm trying my darndest to mooch a ride off a friend to JoAnns, but it just isn't happening! And all my free time which should be spent sewing is being sucked away by Suikoden 3 and Kingdom Hearts!

Oshi: Yay! I'm not going to be the only person trying it for the first time! ^_^ Good luck with the parents and all.

I think we should mill about after the cosp ml shoot, and grab a cosplay.com group then! That way, we'll have all the pics at once and not worry about trying to schedule a lot. So, 2:30ish by the pool, for those who can make it?

Rosiel
10-26-2002, 08:15 AM
> I'm not all too hyped up about Nekocon though.

Same here. I think two cons in a row wiped me out.
I'm /trying/ to get out of it but it looks like it won't work since I promised a friend to help out with Ironcat.

Oh, well, keep an eye out for a sulky Prince Diamond. ^___^

loki555
10-26-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> I'm not all too hyped up about Nekocon though.

Same here. I think two cons in a row wiped me out.
I'm /trying/ to get out of it but it looks like it won't work since I promised a friend to help out with Ironcat.

Oh, well, keep an eye out for a sulky Prince Diamond. ^___^

J'ai quelque amis de l'ontario au canada et mon ami DivineCosplay de la petite Ville de Laval au Québec qui vont a Nekocon. Regarde sur se site pour savoir de quoi Divine a l'air http://www.geocities.com/divinecosplay

Sorry for the French talking guys :D

dizzylizzy
10-26-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
And can't wait to try ParaPara (Celine, you and I shall be the official ParaPara Newbs, hehe).

:::shyly says::: can i join you guys on the parapara? i haven't done it yet either and no one wants to try it with me. eep!

Oshi
10-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Of course! The more newbs, the less we look bad ^_^

Gingerbread Man
10-26-2002, 04:00 PM
I want to try this too....but I don't know anyone

Oshi
10-26-2002, 10:06 PM
Well that's what you go to cons for, man, to meet people =D

Jibrille
10-26-2002, 10:41 PM
i think the only reasons i am looking forward to this con anymore is cause its cheap and to hang out with people. O.o
and wearing Beatrix again. ^^

but i HAVE to go so i can take many many pictures for my photo project. ^^
documenting cosplay is the best idea i've ever had. heehee

must find time...to...get costumes.....done...

this might end up being the first con i dont have a new costume for. O.o

dizzylizzy
10-27-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
I want to try this too....but I don't know anyone

i don't know anyone either except for my boyfriend who's going (and he'll prob just hang out in the neighborhood or play x-box all day long.... he's not really into cons... just along for the ride). so, i guess this time i actually have to step out of my lil quiet shell at meet people.... if you see me, please say hi. : )~

as for costumes, this nekocon i'll be:
friday~~~ fans view kitty
saturday~~~ yuna from ffx
sunday~~~ nuriko from fy

::::thinks::: at this time in 2 weeks i'll be roaming the halls of nekocon! sweeeeeeet.

dizzylizzy
10-27-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
Of course! The more newbs, the less we look bad ^_^

:::jumps up and down::: thanx!!!

Gingerbread Man
10-27-2002, 11:33 AM
Alright, I'll run around and see who I spot....wish me luck

Nyoko
10-27-2002, 08:40 PM
^^ I keep a look out for all you!!!! and just in case I miss you, feel free to jump me and beat....er well you can snick up and/or jump me ^^ just no beatings ok?!

Well anyway just to inform you all I will be going as Rune from Dragon knights (long blod hair in a twizt swong over my sholder a white high neck long sleeve shirt, two shades of blue tunic, blue boots, and white pants) I shall be a BLUE BLOB!!! lol^^;; so I cant be that hard to miss....

makio
10-28-2002, 09:20 PM
Blue...blob? :o I definitely have to get a picture of that!

I did manage to come up with two decent ideas though. One of them would be possibly having an after-convention hours videogaming session (DDR 4th, Extra, 5th, Konamix; MvC2, CvS2, KOF2000, etc.) at my hotel room. Problem is, I don't know the exact size of the Holiday Inn room yet and where it's located. Plus, I'm trying to be wary of those that might be sleeping in adjacent rooms (of course, they're invited to play too)...so I'll look into this notion a bit further upon arrival. Second idea was finalizing my costume list for the convention! I got my Dracula costume done earlier than expected so I'm wearing it to Halloween instead. However, here's my tentative list:

Friday: Gilder (Skies of Arcadia)
Saturday: Richter Belmont (Castlevania: SotN)
Sunday: Keiichiro Washizuka (The Last Blade)

I nixed my Kim(Garou: Mark of the Wolves) costume last Thursday because I simply got too frustrated with how the hand/footbracers were turning out. :thumbsup: Maybe next year...?

Oshi
10-28-2002, 10:12 PM
Duude, Makio, you gotta invite me up for some DDR action =D I just GOTTA play Abyss from 5th mix... *big djTAKA fan*

Gingerbread Man
10-28-2002, 10:13 PM
The videogaming session idea is awesome, but I suck at ddr so I'd probably just watch. also, I waited to long and am stuck down at the Hampton inn down the street. *shrugs* oh well

makio
10-29-2002, 02:41 AM
Did you call the hotel itself or that 1800-number, Gingerbreadman? I called both...the 1800number told me they were sold out, and then I called the hotel...and they still had vacancies. :devil: Anyway...You, Oshi, and anyone else up at the late hour are more than welcome to stop by to play DDR. 5th mix is a personal fav' of mine, so you'll probably be hearing that first.

Nyoko
10-29-2002, 05:36 PM
I've never played DDR, (DONT KILL ME, I WANNA PLAY SO BAD!!!)so I will mostlikely be stocking you at the late hours of the night as well just to play at lest once! :blubber:

Gingerbread Man
10-29-2002, 06:13 PM
I'll give calling the hotel a shot sometime tonight, but I've lost hope and have accepted staying down the street. Also, how will I know who you are? and in turn finding you're hotel room?

Celine
10-29-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
Anyway...You, Oshi, and anyone else up at the late hour are more than welcome to stop by to play DDR. 5th mix is a personal fav' of mine, so you'll probably be hearing that first.

How late is the late hour? ^^ I tend to sleep pretty early, but I love DDR parties, provided it doesn't annoy the other people.

dizzylizzy
10-29-2002, 09:54 PM
:::evil laugh::: ddr party! woo! perhaps i'll stop by and say hi. :::should be playing ddr now, but dowstairs neighbors would have a fit::::

Gingerbread Man
10-29-2002, 11:27 PM
I think I'm addicted to ddr, every night I have three hour training sessions...you'd think I'd be good by now.....

Oshi
10-29-2002, 11:41 PM
ph33r not, Nyoko, I shall teach you well ^_^
And I usually sleep 4-5 hours a night at cons... I wake up at 8AM *nod*.
So I'll probably stick around til 2AM playing DDR XD

*considers bringing his PS2 w/ DDRMAX along...* >.>;

makio
10-30-2002, 03:15 AM
Gingerbreadman, It's not that hard to spot me in a crowd (especially during conventions...see member photos section), trust me on that! :thumbsup: That Friday I'll be arriving in Kyo Kusanagi costume and changing into Gilder...if that helps any. As I mentioned, I won't know my room number til' I arrive.

Oshi, if you decide to bring DDRMax, I'd love to play it. I've seen it in the arcades but I haven't played the PS2 version (if there's any difference).

Also if anyone has DDR pads, *consider* bringing them. My pad's pushing 1 1/2 years old (I bought it the first day when they released the domestic copy of DDR)...and it's not as responsive as a brand new pad. If you happen to have extra PSX or DC controllers, that'd be great too.

Lastly, here's the tentative list of games I'm bringing. If I decide to bring more games, I'll list them along with the following:
SEGA Dreamcast:
Marvel vs Capcom2, Capcom vs SNK2, King of Fighters 2000, Fighting Vipers2, Guilty Gear X, Psychic Force 2012, Spawn: In the Demon's Hand, PowerStone2, Tokyo Xtreme Racer2, Jet Grind Radio, Virtual-ON : Ontario Tangram, Project Justice.
Sony Playstation:
DDR (Konamix, 4th, 5th, Extra), DarkStalkers3, Strider2, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy Tactics.

Gingerbread Man
10-30-2002, 09:53 AM
I just bought a new pad last week, it's kinda strange and I'm not fully used to it, but I'll bring it along

Nyoko
10-30-2002, 10:18 AM
YAY!! I have a teacher! ^^ lol

Gingerbread Man
10-30-2002, 01:52 PM
oshi, can you teach me not to suck?

Oshi
10-30-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
Oshi, if you decide to bring DDRMax, I'd love to play it. I've seen it in the arcades but I haven't played the PS2 version (if there's any difference). Ehh.. I dunno if I'll bring it... I'm dissappointed with the US-MAX... it only has about 10 6th-mix (JP-MAX) songs >.O; *shrug*

GB: sure =P

RealizeDOP
10-30-2002, 08:46 PM
: ) Is everybody ready??? Only a week away! : )

Celine
10-30-2002, 10:03 PM
>Is everybody ready??? Only a week away! : )

Very funny!! Not even close! ^_^;;; But it's okay, I'm sure I'll get stuff done in time.

Is the weather there cold? Does anyone know? I'm debating bringing winter costumes because I remember freezing my butt off at Katsucon this year and I don't want to repeat that. ^^

Jibrille
10-30-2002, 10:29 PM
o.O

...only a week...

O.o

*works like mad on Beatrix*
*looks at Mimic*
*works on beatrix*

AAAHHH!! Mimic is staring at me!!

X.x

Oshi
10-30-2002, 11:13 PM
Does anybody plan on taking advantage of the hotel's indoor pool? I'm packing a pair of swim shorts, that's for sure =D

Ready?
*looks at trenchcoat, with pocket seams in need of mending, and sleeves still tight at the armpits that need loosening*
*looks at gunblade, still in need of sanding and repainting*
...Eh... Yeah, ready enough *shrug*

Gingerbread Man
10-31-2002, 12:07 AM
it's cold as hell in northern virginia and I imagine it won't be that different right on the beach...I'm dressing warm definetly.

Rosiel
10-31-2002, 09:01 AM
> ...only a week...

And all my waking instants are sucked up by Suikoden III... hmmm... I foresee re-wearing old costumes...

makio
10-31-2002, 03:22 PM
Anyone have an estimate on what kind of temperatures to expect? 60s? 70s? x_x I know I'm going to freeze my patoot off either way, but at least with warm clothing (err...cosplay!) it'll be to a lesser degree. You know, thick socks, multiple layers of undershirts, etc...

Gingerbread Man
10-31-2002, 03:31 PM
I'd say 50's on down, unless it suddenly get's warm.....I doubt that.

dizzylizzy
11-01-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RealizeDOP
: ) Is everybody ready??? Only a week away! : )

never been more ready! i'm usually on heck of a procrastinator too!!! :::begins to make a list of what she needs to pack::: cons are a wonderful thing!

ryuichi fangirl
11-01-2002, 10:47 PM
hey, a group of my friends and i are going as...various characters...anyway, i luv Neko con, maybe i'll see you guys...

DivineCosplay
11-02-2002, 12:39 AM
Hello :D I'm really new here but I just want to tell you that I'll be at Neko in less then a week :D I'm getting so excited about it ! This will be my first Neko con and I know that it will be an amazing con for all of us ! I can't wait to meet some of you there ! I'll be doing a 12 hours of car to be with you there and this con will rules !

I'll bring my Yuna, Chii, Hikaru and maybe a Miaka costume too ! Of course, I still have to work on some of those costume before Neko but I know that everything will be alright :D

Can't wait to see you there !

RealizeDOP
11-02-2002, 08:56 AM
I'ts gonna be SO FRIKIN COLD! I'm sure of it!!!! If it's like North Carolina right now >< Yea it's gonna be around like 50 or so >< SO NO SKIMPY COSTUMES GIRLS!!!!!!!! O.O HEALTH OVER POPULARITY OKAY?! Hahahahha >< ***runs away before Fanboys Beat her to death***

dizzylizzy
11-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by DivineCosplay
Hello :D I'm really new here but I just want to tell you that I'll be at Neko in less then a week :D I'm getting so excited about it ! This will be my first Neko con and I know that it will be an amazing con for all of us ! I can't wait to meet some of you there ! I'll be doing a 12 hours of car to be with you there and this con will rules !

I'll bring my Yuna, Chii, Hikaru and maybe a Miaka costume too ! Of course, I still have to work on some of those costume before Neko but I know that everything will be alright :D

first off... 12 hours in a car!? that's commitment right there. i was getting aggitated on my 6 hour trip to animazment last year. lol more power to ya!!!!

also... when are you wearing yuna and miaka (hope you bring it)? ::wants to get pix taken with you::: i'm bringing my yuna and nuriko. gotta run!

Kendo_Bunny
11-02-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm going too... as Cesia from Dragon Knights. Please don't ask me if I'm supposed to be the Rose Bride. ^^; I'm going in a Dragon Knights group, and quite possibly wearing my Random X costume from Otakon (complete with my soul-sucking camera sign).

DivineCosplay
11-02-2002, 01:11 PM
Here the weather is around 30 so 50 sound pretty good to me :D

dizzylizzy: I went to Az 2001 and 02 and that is 16 hours of car so 12 hours of car is nothing to me ! I went to your web page and I just love your Nurico costume you look amazing on it ! I don't know yet if I'll be able to bting Miaka because I have to fix some part before wearing this costume again but Yuna will come with me for sure and I will find you so will be able to take a lot of picture together :D

loki555
11-02-2002, 01:11 PM

Bienvenu sur le forum de discusion cosplay.com Je pensait que tu n'aurais pas le temps de t'inscrire a se forum. Pour l'instant,les seuls persone qui parle français ici son moi même et Rosiel ^_^

DivineCosplay
11-02-2002, 01:29 PM
Hello to both of you ! That's great to have follow french friend at this forum :D I think that you are from france Rosiel right ? Loki had talked to me about you :D

Thank for the warm welcome Loki ! You are right, I'm really busy but still, when I saw that topic about Neko I just couldn't resist !

ryuichi fangirl
11-02-2002, 02:14 PM
Hello I'm really new here but I just want to tell you that I'll be at Neko in less then a week I'm getting so excited about it ! This will be my first Neko con and I know that it will be an amazing con for all of us ! I can't wait to meet some of you there ! I'll be doing a 12 hours of car to be with you there and this con will rules !

I'll bring my Yuna, Chii, Hikaru and maybe a Miaka costume too ! Of course, I still have to work on some of those costume before Neko but I know that everything will be alright

that i sone long trip...i'm lucky i live about 5-6 minutes down the road from the con...i hope to see you (i want pics!)i'll be going as Okita from R.Kenshin...and i'll be with a girl dressed as Padodu from Maho Ugi....gots ta love the fish girl^_~

DivineCosplay
11-02-2002, 03:05 PM
Wish I can live at virginia Beach with you ! I been there right before Az and people are so great an nice ! I love everything about Virginia Beach and I can't wait to be there again :D
Please if you saw me, don't forget to tell me who you are because you don't seem to have a web site and I had never seen a picture of you !

Btw: Sorry if there is some mistake in my message but I usually speak french !

Eurobeat King
11-02-2002, 08:04 PM
5 more days and then I leave for Nekocon, and yet I haven't even started to pack yet let alone decide which costumes to bring. :thumbsup: Being the last anime convention this year for me (save for Japan Expo, which isn't really a con per say) I might not wear too many costumes this time, but here's a tentative list:

Jann Lee (Dead or Alive 2)
Oogami Ichirou (Sakura Taisen)
Tsuzuki (Yami no Matsuei)
Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D) (Look for me driving my remote-control FC-3S) :skidude2:
I'll be bringing King (King of Fighters) but I may not wear it, although a friend of mine might. ;)

Say hi to me if you see me as these characters, as I'll be all over the place taking pictures for cosplay.com. And look for me wearing the official cosplay.com T-Shirt from time-to-time for the gathering. See you all soon! :)

Kamui Motoaki
11-02-2002, 08:06 PM
im only going a day. .
and for that one moment of time. .i shall bring with me. .
Squall
and
Titus (if my friend sends it back in time ~_~**)
I have every intention of getting wet . . ^_~

dizzylizzy
11-02-2002, 11:54 PM
Here the weather is around 30 so 50 sound pretty good to me :D

dizzylizzy: I went to Az 2001 and 02 and that is 16 hours of car so 12 hours of car is nothing to me ! I went to your web page and I just love your Nurico costume you look amazing on it ! I don't know yet if I'll be able to bting Miaka because I have to fix some part before wearing this costume again but Yuna will come with me for sure and I will find you so will be able to take a lot of picture together :D

:::blushes::: thanx! it's so comfy too! and i'll be stalking... erm.. hunting you down for that pic too! ::wink:: god bless all fifty million of us yuna cosplayers. muuuaaahhh! oh, when are you wearing yuna?

TO KAMUI:....."I have every intention of getting wet . . ^_~" ummm..... :::perverted mind::: do i dare ask? lol. shame on me!

DivineCosplay
11-03-2002, 01:58 AM
Yuna should be the first costume that I'll be wearing at Neko ! I should be Yuna on Friday morning and then, probably Chii

ryuichi fangirl
11-03-2002, 08:02 AM
I realize there aren't any pics of ....probably cause the guy who has all wy pics refuses to post them because he's a really bad procrastinator(sp?)...

makio
11-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Another question for Nekocon veterans...

Do they have any kind of "bulletin/message board" at the convention itself? Anime Festival Orlando3 had one of those corkboards you could tack or tape paper notepad messages to, and I was wondering if Nekocon had the same deal.

dizzylizzy
11-04-2002, 01:08 AM
Yuna should be the first costume that I'll be wearing at Neko ! I should be Yuna on Friday morning and then, probably Chii

oh well.... i won't be rolling into the con until the afternoon... so no yuna pic together. ::sigh:: : (

dizzylizzy
11-04-2002, 01:22 AM
oh! did anyone decide on a time for the photo shoot????????!!!!

Celine
11-04-2002, 02:04 AM
Well, the shoot for the COSP ML is 2:30 PM, Saturday, outside by the pool. So, we should do ours right before/after. ^_^ Probably be easiest since a bunch of people are members of that, and this, and ACP, etc., to just meet then for everything and take photos. Anyone have an objection?

I'm still madly trying to finish costumes by Friday. Gaaaah. I'm pretty sure I'm going to bring Clara (Skies of Arcadia) & Zidane (FF9). Considering bringing Billy (Xenogears) or Ramza (FFTactics) since they are both nice and warm costumes. Or I guess I could bring my white mage! I kinda want to wear Kari (Digimon) again, though. And I have Rutee (Tales of Destiny) which is finished but I haven't worn anywhere, but it's kinda inappropriate given the weather.

Kamui Motoaki
11-04-2002, 02:06 AM
does anyone live near or around the Stafford/fairfax area?
T_T

Eurobeat King
11-04-2002, 02:07 AM
Did we post earlier on this thread that we'd try to have a cosplay.com gathering on Saturday, around 2pm? Not sure yet when the other cosplay groups (ACP, Cosp ML, CosMen, etc.) will be meeting for their own cosplay shoots (I usually like to be there for Cosmen :skidude2:) but we can plan for Saturday at 2pm for the cosplay.com gathering. The meeting place will be at the outdoor pool area , which is accessible from the hallway outside the artist tables & dealers' room.

I'll have the Cosplay.com t-shirt on (prolly wearing all-white clothes to match it :skidude:) for the photoshoot, so if you see me walking around with it, say hello, and ask me (or remind) about the photoshoot. :)

See you all in 4 (or 5) days!! :D

makio
11-04-2002, 05:36 AM
My sleeves tore badly during a laundry session yesterday(Sunday), so I'm without my Keiichiro costume. At least I still have Gilder and Richter Belmont! :devil:

Celine, if time permits (and the jacket's done in time)...I'll bring Davis/Daisuke along with me to Nekocon...though I don't know if it'd be smart for me to wear shorts given the weather up there! :thumbsup:

ryuichi fangirl
11-04-2002, 05:50 AM
MakioTwist, there should be a message board up near the front desk(there was one in that general area last year)...

Celine
11-04-2002, 09:17 AM
>Did we post earlier on this thread that we'd try to have a cosplay.com gathering on Saturday, around 2pm?

Blah, did we? ^^;;; I don't remember and I have 2:30 written down for cosp and ACP... I just assumed we'd do the same.

Ok, MEET AT 2PM!!! EVERYBODY!!!! ^_^

DivineCosplay
11-04-2002, 03:13 PM
There is just so many picture gathering on saturday @-@ and they all seem to be around 2 pm ! Can I go to this picture gathering if I'm able to find some of you ?

dizzylizzy
11-04-2002, 03:42 PM
thanx celine for puttin' the "foot down" on the photo time. :) i can't wait to meet everyone. it's like a family reunion, but i don't know anyone... wait, that IS like my family reunion!

sure, join us divinecosplay! ::jumps for joy::

Oshi
11-04-2002, 04:26 PM
Gonna bee funnnn =D

Oh, and get this, I was talking about how much money I have left with my mom...
"Wait, why do you need $60 for this weekend?"
"For the con in Virginia Beach, remember?"
"I thought you said you weren't going to that one!"
"Well... I am."
"Okay."

Didn't even try to stop me! Sugoi! XD

heki-chan
11-04-2002, 08:18 PM
YAY! (ookie so /im/ not going to Neko, but my friend is...lol!) so im still excited for hiM! lol^_^

he'll be wearing the Moogle costume i made for him to neko....cuz...its a bat-winged *cat*...therefor its perfect for Nekocon!^_^

YAY! Hope you guys all have an amazingly fun time!!!^_^

~heki

Nyoko
11-05-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Kamui Motoaki
does anyone live near or around the Stafford/fairfax area?
T_T
I kinda do, I live a few towns over, why??

Gingerbread Man
11-05-2002, 07:40 PM
I live in fairfax station.....about as close as you can get.

Shi
11-06-2002, 12:09 PM
Ahh, this will be my first Neko-con. I seem to live inbetween of all the cons. Either at my first home in Mass with my family, or at school in GA with my roomate. But now I have a car! And two costumes! And I shall go to Neko-con...MWAHAHAHA!!!!

::ahem::

So sorry...

I've got an all night drive from Savannah to Virginia Thursday night, so I'll probably be at the con early Friday morning until I can check into the hotel room I'm staying in. Then I'm going to sleep and rejoin the con in costume later in the afternoon. And I shall most definately be in costume Saturday and Sunday.

Just look for Kuja on Saturday and Azusa Fuyutsuki from GTO(Denim jacket, white shirt, tan skirt, short hair) the other two days. I'm really excited for the Fuyutsuki costume. I think I'm going to be one of the first people to cosplay her, and I want to see how many people know who I am. Probably no on...hehehe. But all for the love of the costume. :)

Ok, after all that babble. I'd love to do a big group pic or something. Put pictures to screennames and such. I know Cosplay Lab is doing something around 2 by the pool on Saturday or some such thing. Something like that could be fun...

Celine
11-07-2002, 03:45 AM
YES! I am halfway finished with Zidane! I can finish tomorrow, yes I can!!! ^_^ wheee!!!! I should be asleep now! But I'm all psyched!! aaaah! I look so dorky in the pics I took. XD

Okay, to everyone traveling tomorrow: Be safe!

To everyone still working on costumes: AHHHHHHHHH I feel your pain. *dies* Good luck!

makio
11-07-2002, 07:31 AM
x_x Is it possible to mend a navy blue overcoat in less than 48 hours? I'm attempting it before my Friday morning flight to Virginia!

Nyoko
11-07-2002, 01:48 PM
Im working on 4 costumes for neko still ^^ I hope to be done today.....

dizzylizzy
11-07-2002, 02:04 PM
in 24 hours we'll be in anime heaven. joy!

Gingerbread Man
11-07-2002, 02:05 PM
*cries* I need to get my paycheck!

psythe
11-07-2002, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately, Not gonna make it to Neko:(

But already have my reservations for Katsu!!:cheers:

You all have a blast and I wanna see many many pictures!!!

Jibrille
11-07-2002, 02:18 PM
*spaz spaz*

MUST FINISH MEDIATOR!

i have till 9 tonight to do this... i can do this... i can do this....

i cant wait to go to this con all sleep deprived! yeah!
i should NOT have stayed up till 4am last night working on costumes ^^;;;;

makio
11-07-2002, 08:06 PM
LoL...if it helps any, I'm brewing 3 pots of coffee. ^_- See everyone tomorrow. I check into my hotel room sometime around 1130AM if my flight arrives on time. I'm bringing my laptop...so if you see 'MakioTwist' on AIM, throw an IM if you want updates or room location for after-convention hours DDR.

Jibrille
11-07-2002, 09:26 PM
WOOOOOOO!!!

*records time as 10:30pm Thursday night*
I am officially packed and ready to go!

now i just sit and wait for my ride. ^_^

eyar harr harrr

Oshi
11-08-2002, 05:05 AM
I am a mere half hour or less away from leaving my house, everythings ready, just gonna get something to eat and start my 4 hour plus drive ^_^

Celine
11-08-2002, 05:44 AM
I'm leaving in about two hours... ^_^ Although I doubt anyone will check here again before the con, I can't wait to see you all! It should be a fun weekend! Yay!

Gingerbread Man
11-08-2002, 07:29 AM
I checked! Hope to see you there celine

makio
11-08-2002, 11:39 AM
I got in today around noon...rm416 @ nekocon site. I'll be around as Kyo Kusanagi today, Gilder tomorrow, and a Shinsengumi samurai on Sunday. Take care, stay safe, and see you there. :devil:

IM me if needed!