PDA

View Full Version : Room Rampage

astillar
02-14-2006, 04:37 AM
Grawr! *smash, stomp, smash, godzilla breath!*

How can the cheap room blocks already be sold out?! Only five hundred people have registered so far. This blows! I'm not paying upwards of $300 dollar a night for a room, no way no how! It's not a matter of money, it's the principle of the thing! Well, I would pay 300 a night, but only if that hotel were in my home town and had a hypersonic pipeline that could shoot me cross-country to Otakon in a split-second. Yeah, then I'd pay $300/night, but only because I'd be saving on airfare.

*sigh* Okay, I got that out of my system. So I guess I'm looking for a room transfer. Anyone want to back out of their room reservation? I'll take it! As Otakon gets closer and I get more desperate, I'll probably be happy just to find some floor space to crash, but for right now I'm looking for a whole room. C'mon, my cosplay family, I know you can help me out. Thanks

*returns to rampaging in a more upbeat tone* Rawr!

xkiddo
03-02-2006, 03:03 PM
ah yes! the hotels started selling out the day after the last otakon >< what a pain in the arse!
i also have to pay about 700 bucks for my room (340 a night + tax) x_x

i'm going to be calling the hotels every now and then to see if anyone has cancelled their reservations, maybe you could try that too?
though it would be easier if they let you know here first haha

i am in the process of finding people i know to stay with me but if that fails i'll be posting here for roomies [weeeee]

Trajedy
03-09-2006, 03:02 PM
O_o wow.

I reserved my room in early September. I'm at the Marriot, which isn't as expensive as you're saying. $209 for a double room, and that's 2 queen-size beds. $189 for a single. It's not cheap, but it's not quite $300

Edit: What hotel is $340 a night -before- the taxes? @_@

Rydain
03-17-2006, 07:25 PM
I share the rampaging sentiment. My husband and I weren't 100% sure that we were going to Otakon until recently. I really ought to have reserved a room last year just in case, but I didn't, and now we don't particularly feel like paying $200+ a night for one.

If worse comes to worst, we can stay with friends who live around Baltimore and D.C., but that would make it more difficult to bring costumes, so I'm hoping that someone out there would be willing to split a room in the Inner Harbor with a couple of well-behaved dorks. :) Maybe I'll just book SOMETHING and keep checking around for cheaper cancellations...

evaunit01berser
03-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Grawr! *smash, stomp, smash, godzilla breath!*

How can the cheap room blocks already be sold out?! Only five hundred people have registered so far. This blows! I'm not paying upwands of $300 dollar a night for a room, no way no how! It's not a matter of money, it's the principle of the thing! Well, I would pay 300 a night, but only if that hotel were in my home town and had a hypersonic pipeline that could shoot me cross-country to Otakon in a split-second. Yeah, then I'd pay $300/night, but only because I'd be saving on airfare.
*sigh* Okay, I got that out of my system. So I guess I'm looking for a room transfer. Anyone want to back out of their room reservation? I'll take it! As Otakon gots closer and I get more desperate, I'll probably be happy just to find some floor space to crash, but for right now I'm looking for a whole room. C'mon, my cosplay family, I know you can help me out. Thanks

*returns to rampaging in a more upbeat tone* Rawr!

i have a holiday in i don't want

Staci
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
i have a holiday in i don't want

Do you mean you have an extra room at Holiday Inn that you need to get rid of? If its still available, can you pm me or email me Icats1818@aol.com?

Star_Angel
03-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Edit: What hotel is $340 a night -before- the taxes? @_@

The sheraton is 339-369 a night before taxs, I think I had a heart attack over the phone when the lady told me that.

Uzumaki Naruto9
03-29-2006, 08:09 PM
The sheraton is 339-369 a night before taxs, I think I had a heart attack over the phone when the lady told me that.
OMG wow thats alot of money wow mine is only 121 a night

astillar
03-29-2006, 09:20 PM
I think I had a heart attack

Yeah, you and your wallet.

Trajedy
03-29-2006, 10:26 PM

Dear sweet bejeezuz.

I know of apartments that have that as a monthly rent. O_o

Pincer
03-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Sheesh, can you say pack in people in your rooms and in some cases on the downlow since some hotels start charging up the wahoo for more people after 2 are already in the room?????? I'm also at the Mariott and I'm looking for people to go in on that too when the time comes. If not I'll be cutting the stay short and checking out on Sunday instead of Monday.

astillar
03-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Dear sweet bejeezuz.

I know of apartments that have that as a monthly rent. O_o

Furnished, with utilities too! Oh man, that really puts it into perspective. I don't know how these hotel owners sleep at night.
Probably on a big pile of cash.

Rydain
04-05-2006, 07:26 AM
No more rampaging for me. My husband contacted some friends who are willing to split a room, and I poked around on the hotel websites and managed to score a quad at the Wyndham for $270/night. It was probably a cancellation. Downside is that I had to pay the entire bill up front and it can't be canceled, but that isn't a problem for us. I know that we'll use the room and that our friends will pay their share. :)

So, for anyone having room troubles, just keep looking, and hopefully you will find an Inner Harbor room within your price range.

lulubird
04-05-2006, 08:55 PM
if any one has any cancellations would you please pm me? i need a room that can fit 5 ppl ( though we can all crowd in a single room if worst comes to worst)
thank you!

neko rinchan
04-05-2006, 09:55 PM
there's another hotel, not on the con block, but it's still good.

It's called the Courtyard Baltimore Downtown.
it's $249 (thurs), and $229 (fri and sat).

It's a mile away from the BCC.

And, if you want to get in contact with them, you can use the Courtyard
Columbia 1-800 contact number.

hope that helps.

Azimel
04-13-2006, 03:13 AM
I, like Neko Rinchan, know of another hotel not on the con block but the prices are pretty good (and they still have rooms open!!!) It's the America's Best Inn Baltimore. I spent $315 (AAA rate) for a quad. The only problem is that, unless you have a car, it's really not worth it. (7 miles from the convention center according to one website, or 4 according to another.) I figured I should volunteer it, in case there are still people out there who are looking into getting rooms for multiple people. Mapquest estimates that it's about a 10 to 15 minute drive back and forth (depending on traffic and all, I'm sure.)

The site link: http://www.americasbestinns.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=1150

Schu
04-17-2006, 03:45 AM
If anyone is looking to cancel a reservation, please e-mail me at judehei (at) gmail (dot) com. I'm especially fond of the Wyndham and Days Inn.

I'll even send you an anime plushie for your trouble, or some posters.

Thanks!

Pandora07
04-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Same, I would really appreciate a heads-up on any reservation cancellings that are within a block or two of the hotel. It might be the deciding factor on whether I can go or not, so... yeah. I'd love you forever and give you many hugs. :D

lulubird
04-19-2006, 02:01 PM
haha i guess were all looking for a room! if you are cancelling your reservation can you please pm me the details? thanks! ^___^

dustbunny
04-25-2006, 09:37 PM
otakon is getting so out of hand. no group rates either...

Tenshi Zeruelle
05-15-2006, 08:52 PM
this is probably a tad off topic but can anyone prescribe a decent hotel not too far away from the convention center thats CHEAP!? all the good ones went so fast! :lost: and i agree-no group rates?! whats ota thinking?! end rant.

or, if anyone has any cancellations anywhere (preferrably the marriot) could you pm me about it? this'd be my first otakon and my mom wants a decent hotel ^_^; i couldn't care less but it'd be a great help. thank you! :toothy:

small_lady
05-20-2006, 10:01 AM
otakon just opened a new block at one more hotel today call ASAP

Holiday Inn Express at the Stadiums (location 0)

Contact (410) 727-1818
Cutoff Date 7/16/2006
Room Rate $169
1701 Russell St.
Baltimore, MD 21230

Extremely limited number of rooms available.
All rooms available feature a single king-size bed.

KumagoroD
05-27-2006, 12:56 PM
I have a room at the Marriott waterfront I'm opening to two or three other people (Depends on if someone is canceling on us).
We're staying Thursday, Friday and Saturday and it's a 2 bed room. We're all age 21, two females and one male so your gender doesn't matter.

http://board.otakon.com/viewtopic.php?t=8319

Or just IM or email me. AIM:ArenRyokus
email: Aryenyaslana@yahoo.com

FilthyWarumono
06-07-2006, 05:03 AM
KNOIDG rgkj ak!!!

*flails about needin' a room*

Fantasy Chick
06-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey I am one of those who is looking if someone is planning on canceling there reservations at one of the hotels near the convention center. doesnt matter if its one or two rooms for that matter...I will take either ^ ^;

So if ya got one send a pm my way please ^ ^