PDA

View Full Version : Very minor Naruto character!

Clockwork
02-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Hello there. For my first cosplay, I decided to go as my favorite minor Naruto character: Oboro (see first attached pic).

I've worn that costume a few times and now I wanna try out an even more obscure batch of characters: the Rain ninja team that Gaara kills in the forest of death. My friend is just as excited to try this as I am. He's going to be the main one (Sigure) and I'm going to be his team mate Midari (and if I can convince a short friend of mine to do this with us, I'll have a Baiu).

Anyways, the Oboro costume was relatively easy since it was a modified jumpsuit, but I don't know where to start for these costumes. I was hoping for some tips for a novice like myself. Can umbrellas and hats like theirs be purchased anywhere? Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

Clockwork
02-19-2006, 06:21 PM
I think I'm getting closer on my hunt for accessories...

I found a hat that is close to what I'm looking for called the sando gasa (http://www.e-budostore.com/costume.htm), but its $65! And I need two... So I'll have to keep looking...

And here's the closest umbrella (http://www.novica.com/itemdetail/index.cfm?pid=34093) I could find. The color is perfect. The handle is a little short, but I doubt I'll be able to find one that is as long as theirs. It still is kind of expensive since I have to buy at least 8...

So... any advice?

Tifa Lin
02-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Have you tried Chinatown...TONS of those hats(and chepa too!)...you can find them in just about almost any shop there...as for the parassels...again Chinatown...but you might have to do some hunting to find it...if all else fails there try looking into Little Tokyo...or JTown...
Oh...I forgot...I'm from Cal. so I should know but I'm not sure this'll work if you live somewhere else...

damingfox
02-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Well done ^o^ ....

I will try to cos Puppet, and prepareing sonmethings for it ~>_<~ maybe wonderful....

Clockwork
02-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Oh...I forgot...I'm from Cal. so I should know but I'm not sure this'll work if you live somewhere else...

Well, I live in California too actually. It might be worthwhile to drive down to LA then and see if I can find anything (I live in San Diego). I've tried some Japanese marketplaces so I'll keep my eyes open for now.

Clockwork
02-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Well, I couldn't find any umbrellas large enough and with long enough handles to satisfy myself, so I decided to make nonfunctioning substitutes. I bought a bunch of bamboo sticks for cheap, so it'll be cost effective too. I intend to use thick paper folded in a way to pass off as an umbrella, but they'll stay on our backs so it won't matter too much.

The hats are still posing a problem. I can't find any rounded hats, I can only find pointed ones. I'm starting to think I might have to make the hats from scratch as well, but I'm not entirely sure how I would do that.

I did however finish the tubes coming out of their chests. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make Midari's eye pieces? I have some ideas floating around, but they're not very feasible.