PDA

View Full Version : 5th Element costumes

Lucifer
02-17-2003, 08:13 PM
For years I've been wanting to make Leeloo's costume (not the bandaid thing, but the shirt, leggings, and orange thing).

I need help though, I have no clue what to make that orange stretch thing out of. In the film it was obviously some sort of rubber material. Being I don't have orange rubber, I need to make it out of something else.

Any suggestions?

Also, has anyone ever thought about making costumes from this film? Can't say the outfits weren't eye catching.

evilchii
02-17-2003, 08:56 PM
yay!! i love that movie so much! i think it's great you want to make that outfit.

i've always wanted to make the Diva's outfit because she reminds me of Shiva from FF for some reason or maybe one of those cute flight attendant outfits.

ok now, for the rubber suspenders there's always sewing together elastic bands and dying them orange.

But your best bet would be to buy some orange spandex or lycra material. There might be some light sewing and cutting out of holes but it shouldn't be really difficult.

I hope I helped and good luck!!!

Carmila
02-18-2003, 11:56 AM
They were made out of a rubber like plastic material. I saw something similar once at Home Depot, but I can't quite tell you what it was. I would check online because Gautier offered almost the entire costume collection to the public after the movie. You may even be able to find a piece or two of it out there!

jade_dragon
02-20-2003, 10:10 PM
hmm maybe leather covered in puff paint lol ,its an idea ,it will have the shiny jelly effect leelo's does

i love the diva's song

Chibi-Lisa
03-06-2003, 05:22 PM
OMG!! I'm SOoo glad to hear someone is actually gonna make LeeLo's costume!! I looove her, and well, the materials are a little mind boggling to me too ?_?, that's exactly why I didn't make the costume, but, er, good luck to yah Lucifer! I just die if I saw your costume ^^. (LOL is you check my Bio, the 5th Element is actaully my favorite movie ^^)

Radical Urd
03-09-2003, 03:00 AM
WAH I wanna make the flight attendants costume and the McDonalds girls outfits

Carmila
03-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Ok, if you want to do her leggings, I found at my local Hancock fabrics a dance wear material that was that same silky shiny as LeeLoo's pants. You may want to check it out!

Lucifer
03-11-2003, 09:43 AM
I actually found that material on a trip to joanns recently. I was glad to see it also stretches so I won't have baggy leggings. And best of all the wig is just about in every costume store, and cheap too.

I promised myself the moment I lost weight I'd make a Leeloo costume, and now is the that time lol.