PDA

View Full Version : So... Who are you going as?

Glitchy
02-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes, we all have seen one of these threads in every kind of cosplay forums... Who are you going as? This one, however, didn't! So, post who you are cosplaying and when here. Mabye we'll see you at the con!?

--------

Self Answer: I'm cosplaying as Haku from Naruto (If I end up being able to go). Complete last minute costume (^^;) And its like 14% done right now... Meaning I have the sweater and almost shoes. Yay, procrastination!!
(Note: My friend is going as Rock Lee... Scary I know. My other friend is Sloth from FMA.)

EDIT: :( I'm no longer attending this con as I thought I was, so yeah. (That won't stop me from dressing part way up at my stupid bowling tourny though.. :) )
Also, my friend is still going as sloth but my other friend ordered some Rock Lee things from ebay for her costume (Headband, Leggywarmers, shoes) and they haven't come after a month and a half so she's now just doing this little DDR Ninja spoof she has. Power to the Narutard! Just wanted to update, later! (PS: If you see a Weird Ninja with four arrows on their headband and a sloth... Give 'em a wave!)

CapsuleCorp
02-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Now that I've decided:

Friday - Yami Yugi (Battle City and Duelist Kingdom) - Yu-Gi-Oh
Saturday - Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maou, Alastair from Yu-Gi-Oh in the evening
Sunday - Sanzo from Saiyuki (Kougaiji only shows if Yaone shows)

And I'll be in artist's alley at the Haven for Wayward Fangirls table, fully fanserviceable.

khenemetset
02-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Well I guess it's time that I post what I'm really doing.

Friday: Yugi (Battle City and Duelist Kingdom) -Yugioh
Saturday: Sora (School uniform) -Sukisyo
Sunday: Tsuzuki -Yami no Matsuei

RaDragon76
02-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Friday- Ryou Bakura (Duelist Kingdom and Battle City)- Yugioh
Saturday- Sunao (School Uniform)- Sukisho
Sunday- Hisoka Kurosaki- Yami no Matsuei

Mibuzen
02-25-2006, 01:20 AM
Thursday & Sunday-Ichigo(Speaking Is NOT Communication) look
Friday/Saturday-Bloody Joker(Shido fight) from Get Backers and Nanashi from MAR. I have a small group. We're not sure what we're doing which day.

Amethyst Angel
02-25-2006, 02:19 AM
Well, if I can manage to finish it, Alphonse Elric (armor version). I also have my Sun Shang Xiang Wedding Robes and my Kurenai Yuuhi (from Naruto) costume. Would like to do a Bleach and SCII costume this year, but don't know if I'll have the time....

GreenFire
02-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Friday: Seto Kaiba (Duelist Kingdom and Battle City) -YuGiOh
Saturday: Yuuri - kyou Kara Maou
Sunday: Homura- Saiyuki (possibly Yaone instead)

Halo
02-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Sat: Vash the Stampede w/black cat ears....Trigun
Sun?: Custom Shinigami - Based upon Full Moon Sagashite (Searching for the full moon)

Zell dincht
02-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Sat: Vash the Stampede w/black cat ears....Trigun
Sun?: Custom Shinigami - Based upon Full Moon Sagashite (Searching for the full moon)

kawaii!!! black cat ears lol.

eh hem **cough** Saturday kindom hearts sephiroth
sunday none other then zell dincht from final fantasy 8

Sorra
02-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Munich Edward-FMA

School Girl Rukia-Bleach

Naruto Uzumaki-Naruto

Jen-neko
02-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Well, here's my lineup thus far:

Friday - Jessica (Dragon Quest VIII)
Saturday - Mamimi (FLCL)
Sunday - Undetermined (maybe nothing, maybe something, if I can pull a costume out of my a** :P)

Like Amethyst Angel, I would like to do a Bleach and SC (only III instead of II) costume, but I might not have the time either....We'll see.

atchan
02-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Arashi Kishu from X

Unfortunately, I have neither the time nor money to come up with three all new costumes this year. *grrr* But my Arashi one is turning out nicely ^_^

hibekisensai
03-01-2006, 12:15 PM
I am going to Anime Detour, however I will not be cosplaying, I am going as myself! I will use my hibekisensai name on my name tag. Before the con, I will revisit this thread and make a list of people's cosplay and screen names...Maybe I will see some of you there!

*Edit* If BARDSOCK'S THEORY OF UNIVERSAL COSPLAY is proven true, then i guess i will be cosplaying, until then, i'm going as myself still...

sylus
03-01-2006, 05:47 PM
well for me it will be
friday-kurono (gantz)
saturday morning- kurono
saturday night-?????
and then sunday i will be homura-saiyuki (as long as i can get my chains fixed)

TragedyGraves
03-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Well.. Through out the weekend, I'll be alternating between Lust from FMA and Shonen Bat from Paranoia Agent. :)

To sylus:

I hope I get to see your Kurono! I love Gantz, crazy!

~ERika~

sylus
03-09-2006, 04:59 PM
yay gantz fans yah there will be 4 of us gantz running around.

-FLCL-Amarao
03-13-2006, 07:03 PM
*sniff*:bigcry: Roy Mustang got snuffed from my lineup....

On a MUCH lighter note--Lord Canti (FLCL) is right on schedule, and, as of right now, will be making a big 7-and-a-half foot+ entrance on Saturday, for as long as I can stand to wear it anyway.

I've considered pulling Amarao or Sakon out of retirement, but I think Canti should be enough for this year...

Jen-neko
03-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I hope I run into you in your Canti costume on Saturday :D I'll be wearing Mamimi for most of the day (up until the MOA gathering, that is, which is at 3 PM, at which point I'll go change into Jessica). I may or may not change back after that, but I plan on wearing it again on Sunday (since I don't have anything else to wear).

-FLCL-Amarao
03-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Well, if I start wearing it at 10 AM like I'm planing to, that would be 5 hours (if I can stand to wear it that long). I'd really like a picture with you as well--All of my other attempts to get pics with other FLCL cosplayers have always ended in disappointment (mostly cause of the crappy elevators at Anime Iowa (Long Story))...

Jen-neko
03-14-2006, 12:37 AM
Well, I was planning on wearing Mamimi even earlier than that, so hopefully we run into one another :P Well, I will if I can drag my boyfriend out of bed early, that is. He's never been to a con before, but I know last year when I went, I could hardly sleep, so I was always wandering around at odd hours...

Ortaavkeur
03-14-2006, 06:05 PM
I'll be cosplaying as Makenshi from Final Fantasy Unlimited on Saturday from noonish on. The rest of the con I'll be out of costume. Hope to get some nice photos of all of the other cosplayers there!

Ten days away? Crap! I still have to finish many of the accessories! *runs off with paints and needles*

Bobio Inevuana
03-14-2006, 06:48 PM
*weeps* God I suck anime!! As I was scanning through everyone's cosplay list, I could only recognize Canti and the Yugi name that Capsule gave from Yugioh, and only because my because my brother used to play the card game... ;_; I know it... It's gonna be a repeat of last year... "Oh Jebus that person looks awesome!!! ...What are they again?"

In any case, I hope you guys don't mind if I approach you, ask for your picture, and warily ask you what you're supposed to be... It's not because you did the costume poorly...it's because I really do suck at anime... ;_; Hell, for all I know, you could do the costume all inverted and upside down, then tell me the character's name, and I'd still go "Oh, cool! Nice job!" >_</

Oh! I forgot to say what I'm cosplaying as!

I'm still working on a Lulu costume from Final Fantasy X. Tell the truth, I was a little sad that more people aren't doing any Final Fantasy costumes, especially with the recent release of Advent Children... But no matter! I'm gonna try to enter it in the masq anyhow... My first Detour masq evar! ^_^

Jen-neko
03-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't worry about the lack of FF people....there were actually a ton of Clouds there last year :P Plus now that AC is more widely known, more people are likely to cosplay from it. There may be more than you think (I'm pretty sure I saw a FF thread on the AD forums...)

And as for not knowing who people are, I was bad last year because I only really took pictures of characters/costumes I recognized =>_<=; But don't feel bad, because there's tons of anime (and games and whatnot) out there, and you can't expect everyone to know it all. I may know a fair amount, but I still don't know about a lot....like Naruto =>.>= I'm only familiar with whatever characters have been introduced so far on Toonami...and there were so many Naruto cosplayers last year and I didn't know who any of them were!

Serria
03-16-2006, 02:41 PM
My current plans:

Friday: Princess Zelda from LOZ.
Saturday: First half - Nel Zelpher from Star Ocean, second half Aeris Gainsborough from FF7
Sunday: Undecided, but possibly either KH Aerith or Naminé.

I'm still working on a Lulu costume from Final Fantasy X. Tell the truth, I was a little sad that more people aren't doing any Final Fantasy costumes, especially with the recent release of Advent Children... But no matter! I'm gonna try to enter it in the masq anyhow... My first Detour masq evar! ^_^

Oh, don't worry about that, I'm sure there will be tons of FF people. In fact in my group, going for sure, I have a Squall, Rinoa, Quistis/Tifa and FF7 Cid. Possibly a Vincent too.

Can't wait to see you all. n_n

Cheza07
03-16-2006, 07:44 PM
wow so last minute i decided to come and i am soooo freakn excited!!!
ill be bringing back kairi with a new kingdom key! yay
and i have something little for friday but i dunno if i wanna bring it or not.. lol im like broke so we will see what happens!
<3katie

Frozen Zabuza
03-16-2006, 11:41 PM
I will be going as Zabuza from naruto on Fri and Sat.
...and yes I will be sporting the biggest and best sword at the convention!!!

Singe
03-17-2006, 02:00 PM
I'll have my Fai (Tsubasa: RESEVoir Chronicles) costume on for most of the weekend, and may randomly show up in a ghetto Sasuke (from Naruto) or my Kyo costume from last year.

-FLCL-Amarao
03-19-2006, 01:03 AM
WOOT!!! Its confirmed--Canti is all done and coming to Detour, though I will need to find and recruit some people to help manouver me around the con as... well.... its not the easiest thing to walk around it, as the pics may show... I still need to do some more practice walking so I can get used to it....

WOOT Canti v. 2.0 is done!!!

RaDragon76
03-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I have an update on my costumes since I finished an extra one and changed my mind about another.

Friday- Ryou Bakura (Battle City and Manga Varient from #10) Yugioh
Saturaday- Sunao Fujimori (School Uniform and Episode 12 versions) Sukishio
Sunday- Hisoka Kurosaki (Episode 1 version) Yami no Matsuei

grandis
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Final list:

Nemo: The Count of Monte Cristo, Abel Nightroad
Grandis: Lust, Ciel, Haydee, Cate Archer, Isabella, Noelle Bor

Things happen. I had an ear infection that wouldn't quit, so we substituted lower level/easier Isabella and Noelle for Safety and Caterina. Caterina will be made for Costume Con, and I'm not sure when Safety will be back on the roster.

See you all shortly.

Grandis

khenemetset
03-21-2006, 04:43 PM
And because I want to follow in RaDragon's footsteps I changed somethings as well.

-Friday -Yugi (Duelist Kingdom, Battle City and red shirt version) -Yugioh
-Saturday -Sora (school uniform and episode 12 version) -Sukisho
-Sunday -Tsuzuki -Yami no Matsuei (even though I HATE my wig because it doesn't look the way I wanted it too -_-)

Chi<3
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
ill be going as yuni from ddr on fri, and ayumi hamasaki sat, sun im unsure
~Chi

RedPikachu
03-22-2006, 08:16 AM
I'll be there as Miwako, and I'll be with Jao who will be Arashi ^__^.

AllStarAlice
03-22-2006, 01:08 PM
I'll be there as Miwako, and I'll be with Jao who will be Arashi ^__^.
R34R!!! XDDD

I'll be Adora from Magna Carta, and Lady from Devil May Cry 3.

Singe
03-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Final/Updated cosplay list (since I'm leaving for Minneapolis in the morning):

Fai D. Flowrite- Tsubasa
Kyo- Dir en Grey (same one as last year...)
Uchiha Sasuke- Naruto

Other costumes/outfits belonging to me that other people are wearing:
Jing- King of Bandit Jing
and I provided a coat for Kusanagi from Blue Seed, as well.

Jen-neko
03-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Here's my final list:

Jessica - Dragon Quest VIII
Mamimi - FLCL

And my boyfriend's:

Hero - Dragon Quest VIII
Shigure - Fruits Basket

Ne, I'm so excited, I can't wait! =>_<= I just hope I can finish Hero's weapon...then everything will be complete!

lilrayofboredom
03-23-2006, 06:27 PM
:rockon: I am the friend of Glitchy with the DDR Ninja spoof. XD Any ways on Saturday I will be cosplaying one version of my Ray the DDR Ninja costume, then on Sunday the other version. Hopefully when I get to the con in time tomorrow I will be wearing something....... If you notice some girl walking around with DDR NINJA on the back, give me a wave as Glitchy says! :bigtu: