PDA

View Full Version : Camcorders

Mariks_Dragon
02-22-2006, 01:32 AM
I am new with camcorders I was wondering if any one knows any good ones that are under 150 bucks. And for the digitail ones what kind of memory card should I use. thanks

silentspace
02-22-2006, 09:53 AM
In general for digital camcorders, expect at least $300 or higher for good performance, even though prices have dropped considerably over the years for some models like those from Canon. Right now, your budget sounds more suited to a digital camera with a movie mode feature, or one of those DXG mini digital camcorders ($99 at Best Buy.com), which sounds like a better buy from a price perspective--don't know about their performance though. Considering their small size, I'd look into their capacity to handle jitter.

Elemental
02-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Also keep in mind that a video camcorder will not take still images worth anything. No matter what they might advertise- they are designed for video, not still, and your quality is very poor.

if you're looking for a camera to take stills and video, check out Pentax. they use Mpeg 4 compression, and can give you about 45 minutes of continous video on a 1 gig card.
They are also relatively inexpensive, but aim for the metal-bodied models to get the best buy for your buck. XD