PDA

View Full Version : J-Music Cosplay

Totchikun
02-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Sooo, just curious is anyone else planning on doing any Japanese musicians this year? I'm definantly doing Myaku Toshiya from Dir en Grey and possibly Miyavi from Pop is dead.

JLAmazonWarrior
02-22-2006, 07:16 PM
I am thinking of Sharaku and maybe a Reita

lady_artemis
02-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Miyavi o.o <3 That'd be awesome! lol. Anyway, a group of friends and I are probably going to cosplay Mini Moni (YAY for Jpop! XD) Otherwise I don't have anything else planned. u.u Hopefully, I'll get my butt in gear closer to NDK and make some sort of Jrock costume. I'm thinking of possibly making one of Miyabi's (Due' le Quartz... Miyavi was so pretty before he went solo...) costumes

Totchikun
02-23-2006, 12:17 PM
GREAT! That'll be wonderful to see, there aren't enough Miyabi cosplayers out there. Most people go for his newer look.

Kaizer
02-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Kaizer is -hopefully- going to cosplay: Miyavi (white or blue coat) from Jibun Kakumei, Miyabi from Jisatsu Ganboru (sadly, this one probably won't happen ;o; because.. just.. yeah..) so yeah. 'Cause I'm like.. obsessed ^ ^;;;

Kaizer
02-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Sooo, just curious is anyone else planning on doing any Japanese musicians this year? I'm definantly doing Myaku Toshiya from Dir en Grey and possibly Miyavi from Pop is dead.
I found a nice (small) full-body picture of drummer Miyavi, but the point is, you can see his pants <3

Totchikun
02-26-2006, 03:53 PM
REALLY! If you could possibly give me that I would love you forever XD. Thanks!

DarkWolfNite
02-26-2006, 07:03 PM
You may shoot me for this, but I have to ask. How can you cosplay a Japanese music artist?

Totchikun
02-26-2006, 08:25 PM
What do you mean? ^ ^, I guess just like I cosplay an anime character....I'm sorry I may not understand what exactly your asking. I kinda pick out a cosplay that I really like and then kinda research his/her personality and then just...cosplay. J-rockers (since thats my thing) are just as fun to cosplay as an anime or game character. I mean, Visual Kei cosplays are almost like anime cosplays. Have you seen any examples? They are very detailed and they definantly stand out in a crowd. I guess it isn't some peoples thing but...yeah....I hope that's what you meant cause if not I'm gonna sound really dumb XD.

lilacwire
02-27-2006, 01:46 PM
You'd pick a costume from a music video or photoshoot that the artist did and make that specific costume. =D

You may shoot me for this, but I have to ask. How can you cosplay a Japanese music artist?

DarkWolfNite
02-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Oh, okay I get it now. ^_^;;

Blood-Champagne
03-06-2006, 05:04 PM
xD.
I'm going as Gackt in his Mizerable outfit. (His first real debut)

<_< I'll be holding a box of pocky, and a sign that says, "Gackt <3's pocky". My pose will be licking and nibbling on the pocky all seductively (...Gackt does love to molest inanimate objects..D:). ^_^V I've actually had people come up to me and volunteer themselves as fangirls >.>. So you might see a flock of fangirls behind me carrying signs as well...

My other pose will be laying on the floor dramatically, holding a sign that says, "Damn fangirls..".

I was told I was going to get alot of raped in the butt for playing Gackt D":. >_> ..so I'm pretty aware of what might happen when I appear there in my Vampire coat and silky ruffle shirt XD.

I might be performing the song as well XD. I'll also be going to Anime Expo, so you might catch me there if you're going too <3.

FFDreamer121
03-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I thought of Cosplaying As Mana from Malice Mizer, but I know it is going to take a looong ass Time to put on the white face makeup, and making the blue lips perfect.

Totchikun
04-18-2006, 02:41 AM
So a random quick update I think I am also going to be bringing along a nightmare cosplay and possibly (slim chance) a Vidoll cosplay!

ashleyohtori
04-19-2006, 01:42 PM
I've already made my Mana costume!!!! So Super Cute!!!

But I hate the fact that I can't smile or talk to my friends in the outfit...:bigcry:

Oh well, Screw that..I'm talking...:angel: :toothy:

JL_Toshee
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM

Yay ^.^

I am hoping to have my Sharaku done by then too!!! So many fun ones I wanna do!

Die-kun
04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Ah, from me, you can expect Dir en grey, of some sort, a SID cosplay and probably something TMR related. I won't specify which for any of them. :rockon:

Totchikun
04-19-2006, 08:42 PM
I've already made my Mana costume!!!! So Super Cute!!!

But I hate the fact that I can't smile or talk to my friends in the outfit...:bigcry:

AWH!

I am so excited to see your new Mana!!!! Which one did you decide to do?

ashleyohtori
04-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks JL Toshee and Totchikun!

I made an outfit from the gothic lolita bible...her brand Moi Meme Moitie.

I don't really know how to describe it except that it is completely black? and has a skirt and a jacket that are also black?

This way...it actually looks like Japanese Gothic lolita fashion and I made the outfit for $30 instead of buying it at her store in Shinjuku for $800.

I love sewing.

Totchikun
04-20-2006, 10:21 PM
PRETTY! I can't wait to see you!!!

lady_artemis
08-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Sorry to revamp an old thread, but I was just wondering if anyone else wanted to do a J-Music photoshoot and I thought this would be a place to talk about it.

Also, now that it's closer to the convention, what are your finalized Jrock plans (or what you pretty much think your doing)? I'm cosplaying Bou from Antic Cafe for sure and then I'm probably going to cosplay Mika from Mini Moni with my group of friends (though we've been having a kind of rocky time >.< dang friendship...) and I *might* finish my Iida Kaoru from Morning Musume costume. I also might wear my Ayumi Hamasaki costume but I don't know...I'll find our closer to the con (ah! It's so hard to decide!) So yeah... How about you guys?

Totchikun
08-22-2006, 09:52 PM
I killed off a lot of my jrock cosplays, but the one I am definantly keeping around is My Myaku Toshiya from Dir en Grey! I'm really ooking forward to seeing your Ayumi Hamasaki though XD!

FilthyWarumono
08-24-2006, 09:08 PM
How did I not see this?! XD

My group, The Japanese Fxxker Family, is returning this year, with our Dir en grey costumes. We have a few versions of the same one. Then we also have our Masqerave costumes, we hope to start a new trend this year. ^ ^ We also have our 'dressing down' costumes, because our normal ones are SO MASSIVE. Like Filth. Only less ugly. XD All those are JRock. XD

I'm also wearing my Miyavi costume to Kareoke likely, from Shindemo Boogie Woogie. ^ ^

*COME WATCH OUR PANNEL IF YOU LIKE JMUSIC!!!*

Totchikun
08-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Have you figured out what time yuo'll be having your panel? And I look forward to what you and Kaoru will be doing this year!!!!

FilthyWarumono
09-01-2006, 05:51 AM
^ ^ Well I just put together our set list. XD It miiight be a surprize, I might post it. Depends on how generous I'm feeling. XD;;

Die-kun
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm barely going to be at NDK, but while I am, I'll be in Macabre Die, or I'll wear some SEX POT or something...depends on the mood.

I'm excited to see everyone's outfits! I'll definitely be getting piccies!

<3

JL_Toshee
09-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Sorry to revamp an old thread, but I was just wondering if anyone else wanted to do a J-Music photoshoot and I thought this would be a place to talk about it.

Also, now that it's closer to the convention, what are your finalized Jrock plans (or what you pretty much think your doing)? I'm cosplaying Bou from Antic Cafe for sure and then I'm probably going to cosplay Mika from Mini Moni with my group of friends (though we've been having a kind of rocky time >.< dang friendship...) and I *might* finish my Iida Kaoru from Morning Musume costume. I also might wear my Ayumi Hamasaki costume but I don't know...I'll find our closer to the con (ah! It's so hard to decide!) So yeah... How about you guys?

Leah, we so gotta meet up for photos together! But a group one would be fun! I haven't had any time to make anything new but I do want to wear my new Filth for a little while. Show off my new wig and shirt and stuff. Still don't know if I will be able to finish the other one...all depends on how much work I will have from school.