PDA

View Full Version : Anything other than FF cosplay?

Haruka
02-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Looking through the game cosplay, its clear to see that almost all of the threads are dedicated to FF cosplay....im not a HUGE fan of FF, and i was wondering if there were any people who are going to cosplay as another game character? I plan on doing a Guilty gear XX cosplay as Bridget some time soon...hes sooo cyoot! heeh and i think next year my friends are going to do a GGXX group....also, i was wondering if any one else doing a Soul Calibur cosplay? Id Love to see more soul cal cosplayers, it has such interesting costumes! XD

Vinya
02-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Well, my first (and only, so far ^_^) cosplay was from Tekken... (I tried to pull off Miharu, but since NOBODY knows who she is, it's easier to say "The school uniform from the Tekken-games.") Which is, I think, not a FF. ^_^ I'd like to see a lot of Tekken cosplay!! Lots! LOTS!! ...Okay... Anyway... ^_^

aimee
02-18-2003, 03:02 PM
I looove Soul Calibur. ^_^ I'm kinda waiting to see more designs from the new game before deciding though. :)

Raincrystal
02-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Me? ^^;

Also, my ex cosplayed as Yuri from King of Fighters last Otakon. He had the flaming pants and the thing tied between his legs and all. (Wanted me to go as Vice, but I felt too weird, knowing nothing at all about KoF...)

TsukiGuujin
02-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm eventually going to cosplay Fou-Lu from Breath of Fire IV!

And one day, when I win the lottery, my fiance and I will cosplay X and Zero (hooray for mech-yaoi) from Mega Man X.

*dies* I'm sick of FF costumes, so I'm loathe to do them. But I have never seen BoFIV, so I'm looking forward to it. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

TheLoneWolf
02-18-2003, 04:15 PM
>Also, my ex cosplayed as Yuri from King of Fighters last Otakon. He had the flaming pants and the thing tied between his legs and all

Um......I'm confused...Yuri is a girl in a karate outfit....are you talking about Iori? if so,got pix?

Haruka
02-18-2003, 05:04 PM
im also planning on doing a Vanessa from KoF ( i know shes a bit over cosplayed...but shes soo hot!) and sakura from street fighter....but i must admit i suck horribly at 2-D fighters...but hey im still practicing.....If i were cosplay from a RPG, it would have to be Grandia 2 (being the only RPG i ever compleated -_-;;...i have a short attention span) i know some one did an AWESOME ryudo here...cant remeber who though..(T_T)

makio
02-18-2003, 06:29 PM
My first costume wasn't FF related - it was Richter Belmont of Castlevania and my first con displayed costume was Nemesis from Resident Evil3. I didn't bother with a FF costume for a long time because I honestly didn't feel like it. Everyone else was doing it, so I figured there were other characters out there that were barely cosplayed or never done... why not give that a try instead? :cool:

Just wondering, when/where are you wearing the GGXX costumes? I'm finishing up Ky Kiske this week, and I could easily make Anji Mito (which I might take to AWA9 IF I bother attending).

Haruka
02-18-2003, 06:47 PM
who me? @_@ what i meant to say was im GOING to do a GGXX cosplay....but ill be doing that next year ^_~

Dia
02-18-2003, 07:03 PM
I'll be doing a Beramode costume, from War of Genesis III, and also Justice from Magical Drop ^_^ Though, I am still doing two FF costumes...

aimee
02-18-2003, 07:16 PM
I really really dig Breath of Fire stuff, most Capcom stuff and Castlevania, Chrono Trigger, Zelda... :)

I tend to photograph people who dress up from those, but I've never cosplayed as them

Sakura
02-18-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, for Otakon I will be doing Dagger from FFIX for a day but on the other 2 days my friend and I are doing Chrono Cross and Ephemeral Fantasia. For some reason we seem to like game costumes a lot more and can connect with characters better. Probably because with an RPG, we're there controlling the character the whole time that they're devoping (or something like that ^_^) it's fun to do all game cosplay! That's why someday I'd like to be Luna from Lunar: SSS, and Aika from Skies of Arcadia.

SyntaxGlitch
02-18-2003, 10:33 PM
My first (and only) costume has been Citan Uzuki from Xenogears. Admittedly, Xenogears is an RPG by the same company that makes Final Fantasy, but it's not technically an FF game, soooo.... :p

(Oh, and more Chrono Cross cosplay = good ^_^)

TsukiGuujin
02-19-2003, 12:59 AM
I found another character from a video game I'd REALLY like to cosplay. Juste Belmont from Casltevania: Harmony of Dissonance.

TOTALLY GORGEOUS. He looks a lot like a cross between Alucard and Maria, though....*hint hint*

So maybe one day I'll cosplay Juste.

*drooooools my way right out the door*

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

soshi
02-19-2003, 01:41 AM
I'm cosplaying Anna from Tekken (the blue dress from Tag - and yes it IS different from the one in 3), and I-no from Guilty Gear XX. ^^

Jinx
02-19-2003, 01:58 AM
I'm doing Xiaoyu from Tekken 4. I'm also planning some SC5-2 costumes of Ulala and Pine, and also Xiangha and talim from Soul Caliber 2 (when I have time and money, hehe. :P)

Always wanted to do Hsien-Ko from Darkstalkers.

Amano Jyaku
02-19-2003, 02:06 AM
Ya, it seems like all anybody talks about is FF cosplay. WTF?
I used to dress a real good Iori from KoF but its been cosplayed way to much as well. So in light of this revelation i decided evryone should pick only NES game characters to play from now on.

Here is my list of games to pick from:
Double Dragon
Bad Dudes
Bayou Billy
Bonks Adventure
Adventures of Lolo
Burgertime
Castlevania
Contra
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Q*bert
Rygar

Amano

P.S> add more to list these were just my picks

KuroBara
02-19-2003, 10:56 AM
*raises hand*
I'm cosplaying Jean's dancing outfit from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue. It's in progress, I plan to wear it next month. I plan on doing her karate outfit eventually too.

soshi
02-19-2003, 03:11 PM
ooooh, I forgot... I have some Darkstalkers outfits coming.. er.. eventually. ^^; one is LinLin and the other is seeeecret.

Recca-kun
02-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Near-definite 2003 game plans:
Caesar - Suikoden III
Bart - Xenogears
K' - King of Fighters
chaos - Xenosaga Episode I
Ky Kiske - GGX/X

Future game plans:
Enrique - Skies of Arcadia
Sasarai - Suikoden III
Melfice - Grandia II (maybe)
Flik - Suikoden I (this one too)
Fate - Star Ocean 3 (this one as well)

Past game costumes:
Serge - Chrono Cross
Hiro - Lunar 2

So yeah, I'd say I've done some stuff aside from Final Fantasy. ;)

Raincrystal
02-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by TheLoneWolf
Um......I'm confused...Yuri is a girl in a karate outfit....are you talking about Iori? if so,got pix? [/B]

Yeah, I must be talking about Iori. As I said, I don't know KoF. =P In fact, I never did get to take his picture... we were both tired, overworked staffers, and the whole time he was out on the floor, I was stuck at the reg booth. I bet he has pictures, though, so if I ever talk to him again (we have a touchy but not angry semi-friendsish polite relationship now,) I'll ask him for one.

Sullenshady
02-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Well, my first and only costume was Squall from Final Fantasy VIII, but I haven't felt the urge to go as any other FF character. My next attempt (after Anime North) will be either Solid Snake or, if I'm lazy, Ryo from Shenmue...all I'd need is a beat up brown leather jacket, a bandaid, and a ton of hair gel ;)

Collie
02-20-2003, 12:08 AM
I have Jill from Harvest Moon. =)

Soon also to make:

Gwen from Harvest Moon
Kety from Harvest Moon
Aerith from KINGDOM HEARTS (XD)

And.....possibly Chris from Suikoden 3.
~*~Collie~*~

Mandy Mitchell
02-20-2003, 12:16 AM
I cosplayed characters from Pokemon and Charmy from Dance Dance Revolution. Come to think about it, most of my costumes are based off of video games.

Kellie
02-20-2003, 12:28 AM
I'm planning a Uriko costume from the video game series Bloody Roar. I'm VERY surprised there hasn't been a cosplay with Bloody Roar. I'm also planning an Alice costume from DDR.

There's games like Wild Arms, Beyond the Beyond and so forth that I don't think are cosplayed or that I've never seen cosplayed.

Collie
02-20-2003, 01:00 AM
OMG, LOL! I forgot about my Emi costume!!! @@;

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/detail.asp?costumeid=3722

^---- My Emi 4th mix costume! lol
~*~Collie~*~

TsukiGuujin
02-20-2003, 01:49 AM
>>There's games like Wild Arms, Beyond the Beyond and so forth that I don't think are cosplayed or that I've never seen cosplayed.

There was someone from Wild Arms 2 that I wanted to cosplay. I lost the game (as in misplaced) and forget most of it now. X_X I need a new copy. Maybe I'll wanna cosplay more. XD

~~Tsuki~~

rpd_girl
02-23-2003, 08:05 PM
most of my costumes are from Games. I did Jill from Resident Evil (and planning other versions now) and Vanessa from King of Fighters 99. I am planning to be Dante from Devil May Cry 2. Thinking of others as we speak....

HuongStar
02-23-2003, 08:33 PM
I think after my host of Square-related costumes, I'm going to whore myself out to Capcom & SNK. I've got a million fighter costumes planned but who knows when I'll start sewing them. *stares at fabric bins*

I can't forget more Persona and the PSO & GGX cosplays I've been planning for awhile too.... @_@

residue
02-23-2003, 08:41 PM
i'm working on a venom from ggxx costume for otakon and a sean one. if i have time i'll also do a johnny

Zephyrs
02-23-2003, 10:45 PM
as soon as I can start things (when home gets less chaotic, school gets less crazy, etc...) I'm going to start my Wild Arms costume(s?) because that/those are pretty easy to alter size-wise and Wild Arms games own my soul.

jamuko
02-24-2003, 04:24 PM
I always thought it would be cool to do a Golden Sun costume... I've never seen one, and that was such a great game. ^-^ Maybe I'll do one sometime...

Chibi-Lisa
02-24-2003, 06:42 PM
Yah know..........If your sick of Cosing FF (I'm not, but all you other people ^^) come join that Chrono Cross Groupy for the Otakon!! Come quickly! Because if enough people don't sign up, I'm dropping out ;_;

Nietsche
02-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by jamuko
I always thought it would be cool to do a Golden Sun costume... I've never seen one, and that was such a great game. ^-^ Maybe I'll do one sometime...

Hehe! I keep toying with the idea..even did like a ghetto Robin/Isaac but never took any pics....but now i ought to make a proper Robin/Isaac outfit at some point!

jamuko
02-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Aw, no pics? I don't mind if it was ghetto... XD... but ya, you should make a full good one! It would be awesome! ^-^ *bing! idea* Wouldn't it be cool to have a little earth Djinni, too? Probably really hard to make, though... o.O

Kirschwasser
02-25-2003, 05:39 PM
I am going as Kirshwasser (the girl in my avatar) from Xenosaga, for Anime Expo in Anahiem, CA. It'll be my first time cosplaying. I know it's going to be fun to see all the cosplayers there. Is anybody else going to AX'03 and/or cosplaying as Xenosaga characters?

Michi
02-26-2003, 08:00 PM
I've done most of the FF costumes I wanna do, aside from a small few... I've done other games though, such as King of Fighters/Fatal Fury and Chrono Cross.

This year I'm doing cosplay from the Dragon Quest series, more Chrono Cross, lots more King of Fighters/Fatal Fury (SNK owns my soul), hopefully some Wild ARMs (probably just 3), and Phantasy Star IV. ^_^ Oh yeah, and Sonic Adventure, ehehe, maybe, if I have time. ^_~

arisuchan
02-26-2003, 10:28 PM
I really want to cosplay Alice from Shadow Hearts but am having the worest time finding pictures and screen caps of her costume. It seems that not that many people like this game O_o I also want to cosplay Ari from Ogake the Shadow King and have a pic stand up Evil King Stan behind me *^^*

Michi
02-26-2003, 10:36 PM
I think I saw that.. Okage thing.. with the standup.. done before. ^^; I think?

Forgot to mention I'm gonna do Zelda cosplay too. So much other good stuff aside from FF, silly people. :P Not that I'm not (obviously) guilty of it, too.

arisuchan
02-26-2003, 11:35 PM
I would love to see cosplay pics of any Okage cosplayers! There was an Evil King Stan at Katsucon and i just about died laughing.

Amano Jyaku
02-26-2003, 11:41 PM
I've been thinking about doing Ashley from Vagrant Story. Was gonna get the blood sigil tatoo on my back a few years ago but never had the 600 bucks to get it done, plus the tatoo artist i used to go to moved. Figure it hasn't been done enough to get old tho, so maybe for Numa Rei-No con. Hopefully i'll have the money and the tat by then.

:D
Amano

Kirschwasser
02-27-2003, 10:25 AM
Arisuchan, that would be cool if you cosplayed as Shadow Hearts' Alice Elliot. Yes, it is hard to find pictures of the characters. I wish I could find some, so I can use it as reference for fan art. Oh well...
Ah! Looks like I'm going to be the only Xenosaga cosplayer at AX2003. Wait a second...it's still about 5 months away. Somebody will show up as a Xenosaga cosplayer...hopfully. :p

Michi
02-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Arisuchan!! This? http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=3960&papass=&sort=1&thecat=502 ^^