PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Rave? Let's do it!!

bamboocactus
02-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey everybody. My group, the massive horde of Naruto cosplayers, and I absolutely love raves. They're like the #2 most fun things to do at cons, and we know that everybody else loves them also. We're all pretty bummed out about the fact that there's only one rave at AMA, so Shiny Sasuke, OvershadowCloud and I figured we should see if we can't petition another rave. I'm not entirely sure what's filling that later timeslot on friday night, but it can't be THAT important that it can't be moved. I dunno, I think we should go for it!

What do you think? :bigtu:

bamboocactus
02-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Err I was just informed that there's concerts that night. Pshh, forget Piano Squall, man! He just does it for the girls! Let's rave! X3

irkenmodelgir
02-26-2006, 08:27 PM
<.< >.> never said he was the smart sensai

Music Concerts
This year AMA will host its first series of music concerts. All concerts will be held in one of the Greater Richmond Convention Center's large exhibition halls, so there will be plenty of seating and standing room for all. Anime and video game musician Piano Squall will take the stage on Friday evening. Later that night singer/song writer Mari Iijima (the voice of Macross' Lynn Minmei) will be performing. To Mari fans, she will leaving AMA on Saturday so make sure you attend the convention on Friday. And concluding our concert series, singer/song writer Kristine Sa will take the stage on Saturday evening. Exact times will be posted as the convention date gets closer

bamboocactus
02-26-2006, 08:40 PM
<.< >.> never said he was the smart sensai

Screw you! I'm plenty smrt!!

Maybe they can hold the rave in another room since it says "All concerts will be held in one of the Greater Richmond Convention Center's large exhibition halls" :toothy:

irkenmodelgir
02-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Screw you! I'm plenty smrt!!

Maybe they can hold the rave in another room since it says "All concerts will be held in one of the Greater Richmond Convention Center's large exhibition halls" :toothy:

and then you use what i told you in the IM window...... for shame =P but yeah i think they could do it

NixKlouD
02-26-2006, 10:39 PM
I can understand your sentimant b/c raves are definitely awesome, but I think concerts are going to be great for this con ^^ If only the one rave we have could last all night- it's not like we sleep afterwards anyways, lol

Atrista
02-26-2006, 11:13 PM
besides, if there was a rave friday, we'd all be zombified on saturday, you know, the way everyone is on sunday...only on saturday. Which is arguably the most fun day of any con. :)

dustbunny
02-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Aw i really wanted to do a rave friday!

NixKlouD
02-28-2006, 01:12 AM
...only on saturday. Which is arguably the most fun day of any con. :)
True that!

bamboocactus
02-28-2006, 11:52 AM
besides, if there was a rave friday, we'd all be zombified on saturday, you know, the way everyone is on sunday...only on saturday. Which is arguably the most fun day of any con. :)

I dunno.. Katsu had two raves, and everybody was just as pumped for the one on saturday night, but unfortunately the DJ SUCKED COMPLETELY.. so it kinda blew. Friday night rave = le bomb

dustbunny
02-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Fridays rave was awsome!! I was really sore for Saturdays but...whatever.

Darth Takeo
02-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I dunno.. Katsu had two raves, and everybody was just as pumped for the one on saturday night, but unfortunately the DJ SUCKED COMPLETELY.. so it kinda blew. Friday night rave = le bomb
Agreed.

I like techno but also don't mind a few familiar techno-remixed tunes thrown in. The repetitive basic techno rhythm after rhythm on Sat at Katsu was mind numbing...

Perhaps I'm a bit on the old fashioned side too. I think it was Katsucon that did an 80s rave a few years back. That was the absolute shiznit.

theonlyangel77
02-28-2006, 03:28 PM
yea sat. did kinda suck at katsu... The DJ stoped the music for like 3 min. to have this dumb speach playing... and every time people would get into the groove of things... well, the music would stop or the lights would come on or some other stupid thing would go wrong! lol... Im all for 2 Raves!!!

DDR Faery Spice
03-08-2006, 05:56 AM
But the DJ on Saturday played DJ Irene. And that made me happy. I really do love to rave, though, so maybe we can somehow make the second rave work for AMA. Elsewise maybe me and my homies will bring a big black boom-box into the lobby and pull out the cardboard boxes, and take it back to old school. Eheheh.

bamboocactus
03-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, like they say on the website, there are a bunch of halls, sooo... yeah! Rave! Woo! Let's flame 'em!

Chibi no Kutsu
03-14-2006, 11:58 AM
I think Greg Is doing the Rave again, He does AMA every year it is his home town con. He said he would never miss AMA for anything. We talk to him at every con lol. But yes lets Rave it up!