PDA

View Full Version : Blizzardcon thread...

Special K
02-18-2003, 06:53 PM
For the privelaged Otaku who happened to be stranded in the Hyatt through Monday night, what do you think about the after-events we threw sunday night through monday night? I agree, we all probably wished we had gone home sunday, but you have to admit the alternative wasnt THAT bad (providing none of you guys had school/work monday). I mean, we had misc. video games, DDR, a projection screen, an AMV show, food, game shows (which definately could have gone better), but the topper was that we had our own PANEL (Gainax). The "Blizzardcon" badges didnt hurt either (I got Kuno on mine) . We ALMOST had a rave, but that got shot down at the last second (curses).

Yeah, I know we were all chomping at the bit to get home (I know I was), but blizzardcon definately turned what was an otherwise-average con into one of the most interesting anime-related experiences in my lifetime. Its amazing was a few stranded Otaku can do with a little time and cash :D .

Raincrystal
02-18-2003, 08:51 PM
As I said on the documentary (whee!) I was actually having a pretty good time. I didn't have anywhere else to be, and when the noise got too much for me, I sat down somewhere semi-quiet with a book. If I'm going to be stranded in a hotel, anime fans would be my choice of people to get stranded with...

MegaPlayboy-kun
02-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Every night in my room there was DDR-WI, Anime showings, video games, and lots of drunk guys having a blast when there's nowhere to go... good times...

Ranma Saotome
02-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Dood, I thought you weren't getting home until later man! ^^;

MargauxZ
02-19-2003, 01:17 PM
I thought that I felt bad for all the people you were stuck in the room with.

HuongStar
02-19-2003, 01:22 PM
We moved over to the Courtyard since it was waaaay cheaper and the hotel wasn't too crowd. The walk wasn't too bad either!

I thought it was really nice of the Katsucon staff & the Hyatt hotel to accomodate the stranded con-goers! :)

Ranma Saotome
02-19-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by MargauxZ
I thought that I felt bad for all the people you were stuck in the room with.

Right now Linwood is trying to get two days credited to his card. As for us... We were plotting his demise.

BTW, I have mild bronchitis... The insult he made was enough for me to stuff him into a snow bank!

Missy
02-19-2003, 03:07 PM
eek! I hope everyone was ok. Our group desided to pack up at 4 am sunday morning and go back home. It was kinda creepy though. Our normally 3 hour trip took us 8 hours. We just made it home before the highways closed. >_<!

Special K
02-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Yeah. The level of panicking on the east coast absolutely astounded me. You guys get a few inches of snow, and you shut down the city? Where I'm from, thats called a flurry and we declare a 2-hour delay :D

Now granted, there was enough snow to justify shutting down the city MONDAY, but we should have already been allowed to leave by then.

Missy
02-19-2003, 03:39 PM
I would agree on that, only that the fact we had 2 to 3 feet of snow. o_0 We couldn't afford to be stuck at the con 2 more days ^^; it was fun though.

neoangelwink
02-21-2003, 03:54 AM
it was great i have great time . i hade more fun at that time did most of the con ^_^

Ranma Saotome
02-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Missy
I would agree on that, only that the fact we had 2 to 3 feet of snow. o_0 We couldn't afford to be stuck at the con 2 more days ^^; it was fun though.

Oh yeah tell me about it... I was running out pimping out our room for peeps who needed to crash. I really feel bad for those who were stuck there till Thursday.

ainslye
02-21-2003, 03:41 PM
I had a blast. My group was over in the courtyard and we played DDr until our stupid neighbors got nasty (really, if you come and knock and ask us to turn it down, we will, but noo he had to go to the front desk, bring someone up to stand there while he yelled at us. my bf was like, "uhh if you want us to turn it down all you have to do is ask" while the moron was going blue in the face from making nasty comment after nasty comment)

I wanted a blizzardcon badge but by the time i saw them they weren't making any more. *sobs*

I especially liked the cheese and fruit that was put out. Lizzy and I were like "oohhhhh fruit! so sick of pocky and ramem!! healthy food yayayay!"

:)

keshii
02-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Speaking of blizzardcon, did anybody here participate in "The Game" Monday night? You know, the one with the swords? My friends and I were running it (I DMed it for a good 4 hours) and I just thought I'd give a shoutout to anybody involved. Jeebus, the snow was nuts, and it got a bit nervewracking with all that shut-in cabin fever going around, but overall it did end up becoming fun.

Ranma Saotome
02-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by keshii
Speaking of blizzardcon, did anybody here participate in "The Game" Monday night? You know, the one with the swords? My friends and I were running it (I DMed it for a good 4 hours) and I just thought I'd give a shoutout to anybody involved. Jeebus, the snow was nuts, and it got a bit nervewracking with all that shut-in cabin fever going around, but overall it did end up becoming fun.

*raises hand*

I participated. I hold a 2 and 2 record, weaponless. :D

neoangelwink
02-22-2003, 02:08 AM
hehe i in joyed the silly thing went on^_^

Special K
02-22-2003, 02:20 AM
Anyone else besides Ranma get to see me get my butt kicked in "name that anime tune?" I mean, geez. I ha no idea there were so many anime, with so many different songs to match. But hey, I was good enough to participate, right? Even though I did wind up dead last... :D

I am not 1/10th the Otaku some of you are.

VoiclessChild
02-22-2003, 10:53 AM
We tried to start a mini-rave, then got busted by security.....damn security. There really WAS nothing to do...they showed five new invader zim never-before-aired eps........but other than that it was pretty boring....they put everyone in one room, and we had to resort to eating eachother.

-Jade