PDA

View Full Version : Ventura County Otaku Society

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

firedramage
02-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Looking for any other cosplayers in the Ventura County or those near the edge of the county who wishes to join. ************************************************** *******
Hello everyone, I am reopening this thread to reach all old members and any new members.
Well, Sunday April 20 , 2008 is the next meeting. At Constitution Park, Camarillo. Time: 1:00p.m.-3:00p.m.
Cosplay is optional if weather permits.
We'll be discussing May and June group events at this meeting. Talking about the upcoming FanimeCon in May. If anyone else has any other idea's feel free to post here.

Direction's:
South on the 101: Exit Carmen Drive, turn left onto Ventura Road, turn left onto carmen (at the first light, over the freeway) turn left on Camarillo Road (at the Wells Fargo Bank) then turn right into the first parking lot at Constitution Park.

North on the 101: Exit Carmen Drive. turn right (into the middle lane), turn left on Camarillo Road (at the Wells Fargo Bank) then turn right into the first parking lot at Constitution Park.
There is a parking lot directly behind the stage area which is very convenient for performers to use
"As requested the main page has been edited"
Go to our main fourm for VCOS here is the link.

http://venturacosplay.aceboard.com/

Gainax Boy
02-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Ha! Beat me too it ^^

firedramage
02-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Ha! Beat me too it ^^

LOL. Yep.

firedramage
02-28-2006, 09:28 PM
For anyone who is interested. WE are haveing an meeting on Saturday, March 25 at 3:00 pm. At my home. If you are coming let me know so I can P.M. my address and directions.

firedramage
03-07-2006, 09:14 PM
March group meeting is cancelled. Hubby leaves that day.

Gainax Boy
03-07-2006, 10:51 PM
well then.. how about we just meet somewhere else instead?

firedramage
03-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Gainax Boy, If you have another place to meet by all means reset the meeting. But, let everybody know, k?

Feral
03-11-2006, 10:43 PM
I just moved back to Ventura (city), after being in another state for a few years. I think I'd like to join you, to be socially active or whatever... but I guess I'm curious exacty what the meetings entail? I'm relatively new to cosplay, and never heard of these groups before.

Gainax Boy
03-11-2006, 11:45 PM
We're Happy to have you Feral ^__^

firedramage
03-12-2006, 10:04 AM
I just moved back to Ventura (city), after being in another state for a few years. I think I'd like to join you, to be socially active or whatever... but I guess I'm curious exacty what the meetings entail? I'm relatively new to cosplay, and never heard of these groups before.

The groups is something new that Admin is trying out.

Welcome back. The meetings we are trying to have once an month. We started the group so we can locate fellow cosplayers. Right now there is an hand full of us here. We had only one meet and greet. We talk about the costumes we made, what we plan on making next, what cons we went to, just various differant things or just to hang out.

I am the seamstress of the group. I am here to help with costume needs. Being if it is to teach sewing, making the patterns, ect....... I will try to help the best I can.

So, welcome to the group and hope you enjoy your stay with us.:bigtu:

Feral
03-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Oh that's neat! Okay, I will check back for any word of an upcoming meeting. Thanks for having me :)

firedramage
03-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Oh that's neat! Okay, I will check back for any word of an upcoming meeting. Thanks for having me :)

No prob.

firedramage
03-24-2006, 11:12 AM
New date for meeting is Sat April 22 at 3:00pm. At my home. P.M. me for directions.

Chizome
03-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Awesome, can I join? I live in Reseda, and I'm a dumb blonde at heart... does that count? ^^;

firedramage
03-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Awesome, can I join? I live in Reseda, and I'm a dumb blonde at heart... does that count? ^^;

sure you can.:bigtu:

Kurai_811
03-28-2006, 05:58 PM

*poke poke poke poke* Sam? *poke poke poke?* omg? pocky box at ALA? *poke poke?* me Chelsea, Kurai *poke poke?*

PS: something that will actually make sense ta every one: WELCOME FERAL, CHIZOME!!! *WELKOM GLOMPS U BOTH* ^____^ im Kurai_811, nice ta meet cha!

Chizome
03-29-2006, 03:26 PM
*superflyingtackleglompomgwtf*

That's me all right! The Pocky of doom. See you all there, hopefully! ^_^

Chizome
04-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Ack! Dad's being... well, he's being Dad. I can't go this time ;_; sorry guys. Maybe next time though ^^

firedramage
04-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Ack! Dad's being... well, he's being Dad. I can't go this time ;_; sorry guys. Maybe next time though ^^

Thats ok. See you next time.

Kurai_811
04-18-2006, 07:57 PM

... dot dot dot...

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

that so sux! ;-; Chizome-chan no come?? :bigcry: wwwwwwaaaah!
<insert mood swing here>:schitzo:
damn. that sux. i wouldda loved to of uber glomped u too... but till next time. next time... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! >=)

PS. on an ACTUALLY serious note: im sorry u cant come. ;-; *sniffsniff*

Kurai_811
04-23-2006, 04:28 PM
:D

hi hi!! ok, so all my K-kun's-in-a-happy-hyper-mood-omg-run-for-your-lives! aside, ^^' i think the meeting was really fun this time around! and productive n stuff too! ^^ and look!: Mia! and Justin! i remember your names!lol xD go me! *cough* ok, sorry i suck with names so its a big thing for me. ^^' Mia-chan! J-kun! lol aheh heh...uh never mind -_-

...anyway, the photo shoots were fun too! it sucked that i couldnt get in that tree though, that wouldda made a great pic.. >.< but the pictures i do have are cool, too! Tammy, your costume with that sword was awsome! :D

i had a real fun time with everyone at the meeting, i cant wait till the next one is scheduled! ^__^ though thats a little ways off from now. it was sad though that none of VCOS's new members came.. but next time, YOU SHALL ALL BE DRAGED TO THE MEETING! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! (just kidding lol)
i should get my mom on these forums, i bet she'd have quite a bit ta say. (though she doesnt kno anything about the language of the net at all, she'd sound real serious all the time, and be like "Chels! ur grammer is horrible!" lol XD)

lol anyway, im like, the first one ta post here after the meeting! again! ?? lol XD anywho, WHO ELSE HAD FUN?! *ECHO* w007! :angel: :chatah:
lol lol lol
PS. i had fun at your house Tammy! seeing the pics on your computer was cool too ;)
PS PS. JAILBAITS CAN HAVE SHOUTA COMPLEXS! lol

Feral
04-23-2006, 06:02 PM
it was sad though that none of VCOS's new members came.

Sorry, folks. I had planned on going until I realized the meeting was in Camarillo, not Ventura. <no car!!> I don't have a finished costume to show off in either yet :bigcry: But I start my new job tomorrow, so both those things will change soon!

I wanted to ask you guys though, if anyone knows of a place in the area that sells the blue insulation foam blocks for prop sword making. I went to Lowes in Ventura and Home Depot in Oxnard, and neither had any. :mad: My cosplay endeavors require foam!!! Has anyone seen any around here?

I will bring some fun props next time ^_^

inuashley
04-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Why didn't anyone tell me about this thread? I thought there was only the thread that said "looking for Ventura cosplayers" or something like that? Geez, if I hadn't looked through Kurai's posts, I wouldn't have ever seen it ^_^'

meowl
04-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I am glad I stumbled onto this. We're in Moorpark. Scott has a robotics class on Saturdays in W.H., but I'm the costumer and prop maker. I've got to make enhancements to Big Al along with 2 other new fabric based cosplays for AX this year, so meeting some fellow fans in VC would be fun.
Feral: if you need styrofoam, you're likely to find white instead of blue. Please send a P.M. with a description of the sword you are making if you would like some specific advice. I hope to make a pirate sword someday so I'd like to exchange ideas.

Gainax Boy
04-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Sorry, folks. I had planned on going until I realized the meeting was in Camarillo, not Ventura. <no car!!> I don't have a finished costume to show off in either yet :bigcry: But I start my new job tomorrow, so both those things will change soon!

I wanted to ask you guys though, if anyone knows of a place in the area that sells the blue insulation foam blocks for prop sword making. I went to Lowes in Ventura and Home Depot in Oxnard, and neither had any. :mad: My cosplay endeavors require foam!!! Has anyone seen any around here?

I will bring some fun props next time ^_^

If you're in Ventura.. there's a really great fabric store on Main St. that has a nice selection of Foam (it's right near where I work). Send me a PM or hit me up on AIM and I'll tell you about it (or even meet up with you and take you there myself if you're up for it)

And to the wonderful people who made Big Al.. I most definitely welcome you! ^_________^

LadyAxum
05-05-2006, 02:31 AM
lol i just realized we had another thread... so which one are we posting stuff in now?

Gainax Boy
05-05-2006, 01:18 PM
lol i just realized we had another thread... so which one are we posting stuff in now?

I think we should just stick to this one ^^

P.S. Like the new Avatar?

firedramage
05-07-2006, 03:57 PM
May is convention month so there will not be any meetings.
Just posting in this thread is fine now that everybody knows about it, lol.
I'm glad those that came had fun and that the pixs that were taken came out.
If there any ideas where to hold meetings let me know.

inuashley
05-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I just uploaded pictures from the 4/22 meeting to my gallery. Feel free to take a peek. Enjoy!

Feral
05-07-2006, 08:26 PM
May is convention month? What's happening in May?

firedramage
05-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Fanime in San Jose, Ca.

I try to hold the meetings on the 4th Saturday of the month. The convention is durning it. I'm not avaible for any other weekend this month either.

JoeBoeing
05-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Greetings and salutations,

I hail from Oxnard and just saw this thread after being busy for the last couple months with college where I am going to film school and all that but would love to do a meet up and you guys can come to my house if a spot is needed.

I have not done any cosplay for a while due to saving up funds for my new Sony HDR FX1 and saving for my budget for films but I am getting a green screen if any of you want pics of your costumes I can drop in any backdrop you want.

I work at the Oxnard Ice Skating Center if any of you wish to say hi.

Well take care,
Joe

Kagato
05-19-2006, 04:15 PM
I stumbled across this thread trying to find sources for foam for prop making, I haven't had any luck at the home improvements stores in the Ventura County area.

I didn't even think to check the fabric stores, thanks!

Gainax Boy
05-19-2006, 05:01 PM
I stumbled across this thread trying to find sources for foam for prop making, I haven't had any luck at the home improvements stores in the Ventura County area.

I didn't even think to check the fabric stores, thanks!

There's a place on Main St. Called Fabric Town USA. It's right between Telegraph and Katherine/Loma Vista

They have huge racks of Foam there. Check it out!

And come to meetings, we'd love to meet you ^^

Feral
05-19-2006, 06:40 PM
(response from a msg forever ago) Thanks, Gainax. I've been to Fabric Town and it's fabulous.. I got everything I needed for 2 of my cosplays there :) But the foam I was refering to is extruded polystyrene for insulating houses (or making giant prop swords), not the squishy upholstery foam you find at fabric stores.

Kagato, I don't know which of those you're looking for, but if it's the rigid insulation kind, I think we're SOL. Meowl gave me a couple links to some construction material wholesalers in the area, but I haven't had time to look into them. I think we determined that the problem is no one in southern California NEEDS insulation in their houses!!! ^_^

Joe, hi nice to meet you. That's really cool about the green screen, I might have to take you up on that in the future.

LadyAxum
05-19-2006, 11:22 PM
man, this makes me really wish that there was a TAP plastics in the area. sadly they are in the bay area only... :(
Can't wait to see some of you at fanime, look for Justin and I in the Masq. :)

JoeBoeing
05-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Greetings again,

So, when is the next meeting and where will it be? I can host it if needed.

From,
Joe

firedramage
05-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Thinking June 24, at noon (12:00) its the 4th Saturday of the month. Thinking useing Karaii's idea of the park. Open to any idea's.

inuashley
05-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Noooooooooooooo! Not June 24th! That's when my anime birthday party is going to be. And it's a cosplay party. If any of you want to come, PM me. We already have 12 people. ^_^ And there's going to be Ramune, pocky and anime prizes!

firedramage
05-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Ummm....Ok. I'll check the calender for another date then. Oh, inuashly...found you on cosplaylab.com ......lol.....

LadyAxum
06-03-2006, 04:42 AM
Hey there! I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten a job up in the Santa Cruz area and have my housing all set up so I probably wont be attending any more gatherings, but it was really great to meet all of you and I will keep an eye on the thread and see if I can make it to some of the gatherings when I am visiting home.

firedramage
06-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Hey there! I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten a job up in the Santa Cruz area and have my housing all set up so I probably wont be attending any more gatherings, but it was really great to meet all of you and I will keep an eye on the thread and see if I can make it to some of the gatherings when I am visiting home.

Good luck...Hope to see you at some the meetings.

inuashley
06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
So... um, are we having a meeting this month?

firedramage
06-05-2006, 01:11 AM
don't know yet.....what weekends is everyone free?

inuashley
06-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Well, the only weekends available are next weekend and the weekend after that, and me and Kurai are available both weekends, but the weekend of the 17th is better, since we're out of school. ^_^

ArchangelMika
06-05-2006, 02:12 AM
This is somewhat random, but just popping in to say that I may be moving to the Ventura area and if so, would love to meet you guys!

I say *may* because I still need to find a place to live..but pending that, do you think that I could come to the meetings and such? I don't know a single soul in Ventura so it would be nice to meet a few people from here.

-mika

firedramage
06-05-2006, 11:19 PM
This is somewhat random, but just popping in to say that I may be moving to the Ventura area and if so, would love to meet you guys!

I say *may* because I still need to find a place to live..but pending that, do you think that I could come to the meetings and such? I don't know a single soul in Ventura so it would be nice to meet a few people from here.

-mika

Sure, your welcome to come to the meetings if you like.

Starchild
06-07-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm sorry if this is a totally moronic question but...

where IS the "ventura area"? I mean, cities... freeways... etc. I'm new to the entire LA County area and I have no idea how close I actually am. Or how close my boyfriend is (since I'm out there all the time anyway)

Feral
06-07-2006, 03:21 AM
Map (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=&csz=ventura%2C+ca&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=)

Zoom out :) You're looking at about a 1+ hour commute from LA.

firedramage
06-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Well, the meeting will be June 17 at 12:00 (noon). So, pack an lunch.
As for the place i was thinking of Kurai's idea of the park. So, Kurai where is it? And does it have an area to change costumes for photo's? Since i'm almost ready for some progress pixs of my Sessy costume.

Gainax Boy
06-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Excellent! I'll be back from Vacation by then ^^

Kurai_811
06-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, the meeting will be June 17 at 12:00 (noon). So, pack an lunch.
As for the place i was thinking of Kurai's idea of the park. So, Kurai where is it? And does it have an area to change costumes for photo's? Since i'm almost ready for some progress pixs of my Sessy costume.

aw cool my idea was actually taken. lol ^^'

okey dokey, directions and stuff on how to get to Constitution Park in Camarillo:
South on the 101: Exit Carmen Drive, turn left onto Ventura Road, turn left onto carmen (at the first light, over the freeway) turn left on Camarillo Road (at the Wells Fargo Bank) then turn right into the first parking lot at Constitution Park.
North on the 101: Exit Carmen Drive. turn right (into the middle lane), turn left on Camarillo Road (at the Wells Fargo Bank) then turn right into the first parking lot at Constitution Park.
There is a parking lot directly behind the stage area which is very convenient for performers to use.

ok, and thats how you get there! (thanks typing directions Mom! since i dont know my freaking way around ^-^;; ) anyway, the park is the huge grassy area with a giant stage in the middle of it, with a rose garden and big trees and all that stuff. ^^

PEOPLE WILL SEE US, its a very open area, two sides bordering the park are busy roads, (so lets not be pushing anyone into the street now ok? :angel: ) so if ya dont want to be seen in ur costume, well...i dont know...dont waer it? as for a place to change from normal human being to all powerful cosplayer; i know not of a place near by that we might be able to change in sadly. And like firedramage said, bring a lunch or bento, or something. (unless we can invade Mika Sushi again. lol )

im pretty sure everyone can come in costume if they want, its optional. (i kno i'll be my Sexy o jutsu Naruto xD )
there'll be plenty of space to take good pictures also. so that would make the camera a good thing to bring too. ill be there a bit early in-costume waitin' for all ye other ppls.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY TROUBBLE AT ALL WITH THESE DIRECTIONS, PM ME FOR MY CELL PHONE NUMBER AND ALL THAT SO YOU CAN CALL AND SORT THE PORBLOM OUT N ALL THAT. ^__^

and b4 my little speech tht makes me feel so improtant is over lol, we want as many of all you newbie peoples who havent come to meetings before to come to this one so we can all get ta know eachother and all that good stuff!! ^__^ thank you. ^^ :angel2:

PS. WELKOM ALL YOU NEW PPL!! :bigtu:

Feral
06-11-2006, 05:42 AM
Sweet! I don't work 'til evening on that day... so as long as I can get a ride to Camarillo, I should be able to go this time.

inuashley
06-11-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm definetly in as Pre-time jump Sasuke(unfortunately without my Sharingan contacts, as they slightly hurt my eyes and make me see red wherever I go ^^' So, i'll probably wear my comfortable blue contacts).
See you guys there! I hope you new members show up ^_^

ArchangelMika
06-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I guess I spoke too soon in my last post...looks like I'm not going to be moving to Ventura after all. So nevermind about that :) *is a dork*

-mika

firedramage
06-12-2006, 12:25 AM
I guess I spoke too soon in my last post...looks like I'm not going to be moving to Ventura after all. So nevermind about that :) *is a dork*

-mika

Your still welcome to join in the meetings if you want to. Our door is always open for anyone who wants to pop in an say hi. So, feel free to join in whenever you can.

Gainax Boy
06-12-2006, 02:34 AM
Sweet! I don't work 'til evening on that day... so as long as I can get a ride to Camarillo, I should be able to go this time.

Whereabouts do you live? I can probably pick you up on my way down to Camarillo.

ArchangelMika
06-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Your still welcome to join in the meetings if you want to. Our door is always open for anyone who wants to pop in an say hi. So, feel free to join in whenever you can.

Cool, thank you! I just might do that if I'm in the area. The meetings sound like alot of fun!

-mika

Kurai_811
06-12-2006, 04:22 PM

-mika

yeah, all ya gotta do is be willing to make the commute from where ever you live. some of our members dont even live in Ventura county. isnt that right, inuashley? XD nyahaha:)

hope ta see you at the meetings sometime!
-Kurai_811

inuashley
06-12-2006, 06:56 PM
yeah, all ya gotta do is be willing to make the commute from where ever you live. some of our members dont even live in Ventura county. isnt that right, inuashley? XD nyahaha:)

hope ta see you at the meetings sometime!
-Kurai_811

Hey! Yeah, it's true, I live in Westlake Village, I don't even know what county I live in... ><' But I'm a cosplaying otaku, so I meet the other two requirements!

firedramage
06-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey! Yeah, it's true, I live in Westlake Village, I don't even know what county I live in... ><' But I'm a cosplaying otaku, so I meet the other two requirements! By the way, I changed my mind about cosplaying Sasuke, and I am now indecisive - what should I cosplay as? Choices: Summoner Yuna, Sasuke, SNJ Sasuke, Misao Makimachi, Haruno Sakura, Hitsugaya Toushirou. Somebody please help me!

I know if I get the captain's robe done I'm going as SoiFong. I have the hakama, the haulter, the yellow obi and the white obi done. Oh, an the sleeve's to the captain's robe is done to. Still working on the wig, tho, its an pain the @$$. An I started this when Friday, I've been an busy little bee.

But, it depends on what you feel like wearing Saturday or you can do this. Lay out which ones you think you may want to wear, look at them and the one that draws your eyes the most is the one you will wear. I do this most of the time, funny, huh? But, either way, whatever you choose to wear is ok, as long it doesn't overly show alot of skin, being its in an park near alot of traffic.

YamiMegumi
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey All. I might go and might not. Cuz its the day after me graduating. But if I do...I will be coming as Kabuto or Anko.

meowl
06-14-2006, 02:07 AM
Well, I probably have to work. If not, Scott and I will come. I used to live a half mile from that park.

firedramage
06-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Hey All. I might go and might not. Cuz its the day after me graduating. But if I do...I will be coming as Kabuto or Anko.

Yami, if you do come. Don't forget the movie I let you borrow.

Kurai_811
06-14-2006, 05:23 PM
inuashley! hey look! now if you go as Hitsugaya, you and firedramage's costumes would match! ^^ we'll have 2 team captains. yay
Meowl, hope you guys can make it ^_^

>.> yay! look at all the new innocent members that are comming! XD bwahahahahahahaha! jk nah dont worry, im harmless. really, i am. :angel2: or am i? o.O O.o
lol im playin' with u all. xD

inuashley
06-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Sorry Kurai, but I think I'm going to come as Sasuke(with sharingan and curse seal yay!) because I don't want to get any of my other costumes dirty or broken. ^^

Kurai_811
06-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Sorry Kurai, but I think I'm going to come as Sasuke(with sharingan and curse seal yay!) because I don't want to get any of my other costumes dirty or broken. ^^

hm.. okey dokey then, thats understandable n stuff. coolies! our costumes'll match then! xD

Kagato
06-15-2006, 11:53 AM
I wanted to make a quick reply to my post about foam earlier in this thread. Marty's Hobbies on Moorpark Road in Thousand Oaks carries a number of items for prop making, including rigid foam, foam cutting tools, balsa wood, ect..

I've known about the place since I've been in the area, but didn't think to look there for foam. Turns out RC Airplane enthusists use the stuff to make planes.

(The soft foam in fabric stores is great for padding, but not really rigid enough for sword like props.)

Gainax Boy
06-15-2006, 03:26 PM
So you coming to the Meet on Saturday Kagato?

Kagato
06-15-2006, 05:28 PM
I don't think so. I'm still scrambling to complete my latest costume as well as some AMV stuff. My free time is pretty much sewn up until after AX.

Kurai_811
06-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't think so. I'm still scrambling to complete my latest costume as well as some AMV stuff. My free time is pretty much sewn up until after AX.

aww, that sux. yet very understandable xD

so... *insurting common question* whos comming/not comming/maybe comming?

*rises hand* i know im comming! :bigtu:

YamiMegumi
06-17-2006, 12:50 AM
I am coming!

LadyAxum
06-17-2006, 01:57 AM
i'll be moving that day so i wont be going sorry :(

firedramage
06-17-2006, 02:40 AM
i'll be moving that day so i wont be going sorry :(

Awww...thats ok. Good luck on your move, best wishes.

inuashley
06-17-2006, 11:56 AM
yay! I posted here first today(although it really doesn't count because I haven't been to the meeting yet) I'm coming to the meeting though ^_^ See you guys there!

Feral
06-17-2006, 02:14 PM
(if anyone's even still home to read this!).. I'm coming. If I'm not there past noon, I'm just lost (no cell phone), so don't leave the park without me XD

YamiMegumi
06-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I hope to come....but is still finding a ride

firedramage
06-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Well, another successfully VCOS meeting and also meeting a few new members.

firedramage
06-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Ok, I got the pixs up in the Gallery.

inuashley
06-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Okay, I put up all my pictures in my gallery, enjoy ^_^

Kurai_811
06-18-2006, 06:08 PM
yay! i think yesterdays meet was awesome-ly fun! ^^ it was really nice to meet all the new members too! ^_^ Welcome Kat, Scott, Rachel, Meowl! (im sorry, i never really cought your real name ^^' )

i hadda lotta fun, hope you guys did too! *is already thinking of a meeting place for next month* lol but thats a ways off and can wait.

FOR PEOPLE WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT: i hope to see you at future meetings! Mia, we miss you! ;.;

FOR THE NEW MEMBERS THAT CAME: YOU WERE ALL LATE!!! XDD lol but thats ok and is no big deal (i just like to yell out stuff XD) as long as ya came, its all good. anyway.. Thanks for comming! official members you are now. i welcome you for the 30th time. xD

iv been having trouble uploading pics onto photobucket, so i have no cosplay.com gallery yet.( ;-; ) but i was able to upload 2 of the 3 videos i took! XDDD The Alfonse Dance and me trying to get inuashley to dance XDD i'll post a link to my pb acount soon. nyahahaha

-Kurai "ALFONSE RAWKS!"
i promise an Edward for AX, and a promise i shall keep. nya:bigtu:

EDIT: my photobucket pics (though more will be up later) enjoy! and tell me if your having any problems viewin' it. ^^
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/Kurai_811/VCOS%20pics/

firedramage
06-18-2006, 06:18 PM
LOL, kids...

inuashley
06-18-2006, 09:47 PM
OMG Kurai, why did you put up that stupid video of me - I look like a retard >< Anyway, for the new members who did come, it was fun meeting you, and I hope I get over my fear of hights soon, or else I will never be a good ninja or shinigami ^_^ Looking back at the pictures of us up in the tree, I think I could have just jumped down- I've jumped from higher places before. Oh well:) See you guys at AX if you are going, and if not, at the next meeting. Yesterday was really fun^^

Kurai_811
06-19-2006, 03:58 PM
OMG Kurai, why did you put up that stupid video of me - I look like a retard ><

nyahahahahaha!! yes, but you are a HOT SASUKE retard! XDD (i love being evil! XD) i like the video, makes me laugh every time i watch it. XD besides, i could always upload the clip of you opening your present from firedramage. ;) XD ^_^ bwahaha
ok, ill shut up now. ^^'

inuashley
06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Let's not put the video up - I haven't seen it and I don't want to.. ^^'

firedramage
06-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!!!

meowl
06-24-2006, 12:26 PM
That gathering was a lot of fun. It was great meeting everyone.
Kurai: My name is Tom, but Meowl is fine. Thanks so much for posting the Alphonse dance. Scott will really get a kick out of seeing it. Especially since he can't see out of the costume.
Inuashley: I'm afraid of heights too. Roller coasters freak me out!
Hope to see you all next time.

firedramage
07-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Ok, who all is going to San Diego Comic Con on the july 20-23?
Because I was thinking of that Saturday for the meeting. But, thats was before I checked the Convention list.
So, the meeting will be either Sat. July 22 (if no one is goin con) or Sat. July 29 (if there are alot of people goin to con). So, let me know. Time and place has not been set in stone, yet. Just waiting on feedback from everyone.

Feral
07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm not going

inuashley
07-05-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm not going either, so both weekends are fine with me ^^

firedramage
07-05-2006, 05:43 PM
so, how was AX?

Feral
07-05-2006, 11:10 PM
so, how was AX?

craziest 6 hours of my life lol. wish i could have stayed all weekend. i hope the rest of you all had a blast.

YamiMegumi
07-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Sorry guys...I am leaving for a long time...I am going to Orlando,FL..

I need to straighten out my life..So I will be gone till maybe January..

Gainax Boy
07-06-2006, 03:11 PM
AX could've been better IMO..

But hey, how about a meeting on the 15th?

firedramage
07-06-2006, 03:23 PM
AX could've been better IMO..

But hey, how about a meeting on the 15th?

Trying to have an babysitter for the kids and that I don't want to short notice anyone on the meetings. So, maybe.

firedramage
07-06-2006, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=YamiMegumi]Sorry guys...I am leaving for a long time...I am going to Orlando,FL..

I need to straighten out my life..So I will be gone till maybe January..[/QUOTE

No problem. I wish you alot of luck, tho.

Chizome
07-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Sorry guys...I am leaving for a long time...I am going to Orlando,FL..

I need to straighten out my life..So I will be gone till maybe January..

Okay... I hope it goes well. Don't forget to call, and don't kill your brother, okay? ^_^;

inuashley
07-07-2006, 04:26 PM
My mom's birthday is on the 15th, so yeah, not such a good day for me ><

firedramage
07-07-2006, 05:20 PM
My mom's birthday is on the 15th, so yeah, not such a good day for me ><

Tell your mom Happy Birthday, for me.

Chizome
07-07-2006, 11:16 PM
15th actually isn't a good date for me, either. I just found out that my mom's taking me and my sisters back to Lake Havasu with her for a month. ><

Kurai_811
07-08-2006, 05:36 PM
the 15th aint too good for me either. hows the 22nd or the 29th for everyone?

15th actually isn't a good date for me, either. I just found out that my mom's taking me and my sisters back to Lake Havasu with her for a month. ><

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!! ;-; Sam!!! *sob* Sam-less for a month!? how will me live!? :bigcry: hope you.. *sniff* ..have a good time in lake whattawhat ;.; glomp you soon!

inuashley
07-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Either of those weekends should be okay with me ^_^ Sam - I hope you have a good trip to the lake without going crazy from boredom or lack of anime ><

Chizome
07-09-2006, 02:44 AM
Sam - I hope you have a good trip to the lake without going crazy from boredom or lack of anime ><

That happened last time, and I was only there for about 8 or 9 days.

THE HORROR!!!

But I should have my laptop, and worst case scenario, my mom's dialup connection. Sigh.

Gainax Boy
07-10-2006, 10:10 AM
The 22nd is Comic-Con weekend, so the 29th will have to be it.

But in official business.. we need a website, so everyone start thinking about that. (Presidential Decree)

firedramage
07-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Ok, i guess the date is settled then.

Meeting

Date: July 29
Time: 2:00 p.m. ( I notice that noon had some problems, also trafic at noon is an $%%^$ ) ( If there is problem with the time let me, know.)
Place: Constitution Park (again) (directions are in the thread already)

If there are any problems, yell...lol.

Oh, thats creepy I was thinking of P.M.-ing Admin about the group websites on how to go about getting one.

Subject discussion.

Website ( by Gainax Boy's request)
Officer's postions
Mascott

Anyother ideas for subject discussion or we can stay with these three for now?

Did I miss anything >.<;; ?

Chizome
07-10-2006, 05:52 PM
For the website- someone needs a domain and Dreamweaver, to design the site. Worst case scenario, just get a Proboards account and modify it from there. ^^;

Officer's positions- What positions are available, what are the requirements, and who wants to run for what?

Mascot- Designing things like this are my specialty. If you want me to have a crack at it... well, I have a month in Arizona. XD

firedramage
07-10-2006, 07:33 PM
For the website- someone needs a domain and Dreamweaver, to design the site. Worst case scenario, just get a Proboards account and modify it from there. ^^;

Officer's positions- What positions are available, what are the requirements, and who wants to run for what?

Mascot- Designing things like this are my specialty. If you want me to have a crack at it... well, I have a month in Arizona. XD

Well, thats leaves me out I can't even get my homepage up....lol. Who has the computer brians?

As, for Officer's positions. Only one has been filled. Don't know what other's they want added.

Mascot, sure go ahead and make some design's, it'll give you something to do overthere. So, you wouldn't go nuts. If you do, try differant ideas from cute to dark.

Kurai_811
07-10-2006, 09:23 PM
my mom had an idea that we (me and her) borrow out our anime collection to members. i think its a good idea, so im up for the position of librarian and keep track of what goes to who and for how long. ^_^

as for a website, i have an MSN Space (not MySpace, just Space or whatever there called ^^' ) that could be used as a bullutin bored. or if anyones good with freewebs? thats all i can think of, i suck with this kinda stuff ^^;;

Chizome
07-12-2006, 03:32 AM
Well, thats leaves me out I can't even get my homepage up....lol. Who has the computer brians?

As, for Officer's positions. Only one has been filled. Don't know what other's they want added.

Mascot, sure go ahead and make some design's, it'll give you something to do overthere. So, you wouldn't go nuts. If you do, try differant ideas from cute to dark.

I've worked with Dreamweaver and website design, so I could do it, but I'd need either access to a PC version of Dreamweaver or a Mac with Dreamweaver on it. I would love to buy the webspace for it, but I honestly can't afford it. If you guys just want to go with a Proboards site, I can get one for us and modify it.

I think the idea of 'Librarian' is a very good idea. I also think that it would be a good idea to have someone to organize larger group events, like skits for masquerades or fanmovies.

Any guidelines in particular you guys feel should be set for the mascot? Like, boy or girl, chibi or not, shojo or shonen style, etcetera?

Sonsko-chan
07-12-2006, 04:15 AM
I'm in Crap Val..errr. Simi Valley. It's part of Ventura County. ^^;;

I'm in fer this.

firedramage
07-12-2006, 08:55 AM

I'm in fer this.

Wellcome
Hope to see you at the meeting.

Kurai_811
07-12-2006, 02:13 PM
I think the idea of 'Librarian' is a very good idea. I also think that it would be a good idea to have someone to organize larger group events, like skits for masquerades or fanmovies.

Any guidelines in particular you guys feel should be set for the mascot? Like, boy or girl, chibi or not, shojo or shonen style, etcetera?

hey, dispite what my bedroom looks like, imma really organawhatevered person! XD i can organize events and whatnot ^^ leave it ta me

mascot... you could draw Mwo-two again! jk jk ^^ lol how about a ninja character? i like ninjas... <,< >,> o.o ^^' thats my suggestion... ninja ninja! nea or yay? ^_^

I'm fer this.

welcomez! ^_^ as a new member, you recive a free digi-glomp! *running glomp attack with the word "digi" in front of it* XD nice ta meet cha, Sonsko-chan! im Kurai-kun ^__^ i also hope to see you at meetings. ^^

inuashley
07-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I can also organize events, if I am needed to. Sonsko-chan - Welcome, and I hope to see you at our next meeting ^_^

Gainax Boy
07-12-2006, 03:33 PM
I think maybe we should impose a limit on the amout of Jailbait we have in the Organization ^^;;

I mean, c'mon.... I'm like... one of the few males.. who knows what people will think ^^;;

firedramage
07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I think maybe we should impose a limit on the amout of Jailbait we have in the Organization ^^;;

I mean, c'mon.... I'm like... one of the few males.. who knows what people will think ^^;;

Lol..............Muahaaahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k of course there are going to be alot of young kids in here. But, still its funny.

Sonsko-chan
07-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Shushit GainaxBoy. xD
Remember what you told me at AX 06? At the FB photoshoot upstairs. You were allowed to hit on Jailbait. You can't complain. :]

I actually won't be in CA for the first meeting, but I'll look forward to the next meetings. As long as they aren't on the third/fifth weekends of the month, I'll be set to go. :]

Feral
07-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Ok I went ahead and requested the 29th off. I will be in costume this time! GainaxBoy, who will you be cosplaying as?? ^_^

firedramage
07-18-2006, 11:13 PM
As for costume I will be in my Full Metal Alchemist (pants version).
Yay.....I got my pins in......doing the happy dance.
I'm all set and ready to go....... just need to find an babysitter >.<;;; ack.....

Kurai_811
07-19-2006, 05:34 PM

LMFAO!!! thats just cause you fear our jailbait smexyness! XDDD lol

on another hand, (^^') ill prolly come in Kikyo or just random otaku-ness get-up XD oh, ill bring the boombox again too! XD nyahahahahaha!:chatah:

inuashley
07-22-2006, 01:28 AM
I'll be there as Summoner Yuna ^_^

Sonsko-chan
07-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Bring me wonderful pictures, okay?

Inuashley-I'll probably see you at Mikomicon. :]
I love CSUN.

Feral
07-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Before I ask my mom to drive and wait in the car for 2 hours again, figured I'd see if anyone Ventura-ish will be offering a carpool to the meeting?

Gainax Boy
07-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I could maybe do it.. catch me online later tonight ^_^

inuashley
07-29-2006, 09:36 PM
OMG, I'm finally the first one to post after a meeting! Yay! XD ^^; Anyway, today's meeting was fun, and I hope you guys had fun insulting each other. lol

Kurai_811
07-29-2006, 11:43 PM
nya hahahahaha! ur just first cuz i had ta eat dinner! XD lol jkjk

yesh, the meet was fun, and it was also very productive in the sense that we got some positions established and all. lets see...

President: Justin, "Gainax Boy"
Vice President: Chels, "Kurai_811"
Secretary: n/a maybe? i dont kno if that got settled..
Organizer: n/a (and with my horrible luck/stupidity, an organizer will be one of the above x_x )
Mascot: Sam, "Chizome"
Tureasurer: (my Mom, i dont kno if she wants her name here *shrug*)
Librarian: Chels, "Kurai_811"

i think thats everything... just tell me if i missed somethin' plz. ^^'
ooh, im vice president...! yay, coolies! ...im sombody's minion... yay?:hafha: jk lol

but yay! meeting was fun. ^^ i hafta go upload all my idiotic videos and pics onto pb later on! bwahahahahahahahaha!! XD

my first Vice President announcementy thing:
Next meetingz time: Augest 19th. Exact time unknown cuz we just got done with THIS months meet! XD

oh yeah, and the idea about the AIM chats... if we go through with it, who's got AOL Instant Messanger or not? that way we can discus serious stuff in a less distracting place, and less distracting outfits! ^^' lol ok, bad joke.

firedramage
07-30-2006, 12:04 AM
K..pixs of meeting are up.

I'm Secretary and also Quartermaster "costuming" we still have two postions open in Quartermaster "props" and "Accessories"
Who set the date for the next meeting?

Feral
07-30-2006, 02:20 AM
We had a huge debate about the date for the next meeting and never came to any conclusion I don't think.

What's this Quartermaster business? I mean.... what will they relevantly do?

firedramage
07-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Quartermaster's: Helps with finding materials, advice on prop, costume and accessiores making, sometime's helping with the design of costume's. An, there can be more that one person in the givin areas. At least that what it was when I was in K.A.G. (Klingon Assult Group) over 10 yrs ago.

O.k. the date sounds fine. But, we have one member who can't make it on the 3rd and 5th weekends of the month and I think thats our soon to be Website Admin. I'm not for sure.

Gainax Boy
07-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Depending on the time, I have to be somewhere at 4:30 on August 19th.

So, earlier .. the better ^^

inuashley
07-30-2006, 05:37 PM
In terms of the time being earlier, I don't really see the difference in traffic between 12 noon and 2pm, so 12 would be okay, I think.

firedramage
07-30-2006, 08:33 PM
ok, the place for the next meeting McD's or Sushi? For lunch.
I was thinkin McD's because of the play equipment for the kids.
12 noon will be fine.
NO COSPLAY at next meeting just Otaku if you want.

Sonsko-chan
07-31-2006, 06:36 PM
My friend who I won't see for another year is having a party on the 19th, so depending on the time of her party (in Simi Valley I believe), I'll probably be able to make it. I don't mind being late to her party, if y'all don't mind me joining up at your next meeting. :]

firedramage
07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
sure your welcome to join.

firedramage
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
You guys are not goin to believe this. I was asked to wear my cosplay to an 1 yrs. old birthday party and do some type of skit. On Aug. 19 around 4-5 o'clock in the afternoon. lol
Because the flyer i placed up at the minimart in military housin.
I highly doubt I go.

Feral
08-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Hahahahaha that's so funny.. what does a 1 year old care about cosplay? Or birthday parties for that matter. I think they've mistaken you for a clown.

Gainax Boy
08-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Well then, let's just do it on the 20th :)

Sonsko-chan
08-01-2006, 04:44 PM
G-Boy's got a point.

firedramage
08-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Well, i don't know if i'm going to the B-day party. I have to pass that by my husband.
Cosplay is alittle out of place there if you get my point.
I'll be alittle more afraid of the adults than the kids. You see I'm an oddity in military housing since I can "sew". An I'm just not ready to get slam with sewing requests at this moment.
Nah, Sundays are not good for me. As for the meeting its stays schedule for the current date. An you guys still didn't answer me. McD's or Sushi for lunch?

Sonsko-chan
08-01-2006, 08:15 PM
I don't eat sushi, but I'll eat rice. plus, sushi fits the 'otaku' standard of food 'cause it's Japanese. xD

Oh, do we have a choice of cosplay? Or is it discouraged?

firedramage
08-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, I like this meeting to be non-cosplay for group business, but: you can come in Otaku if you want.
They have chicken and other kinds of meats instead of sushi if you want it.

Sonsko-chan
08-01-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm willing for either, so it's up to everyone else. :]

inuashley
08-01-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't really mind, either one is okay with me, but I'd prefer going to the sushi place ^_^

Gainax Boy
08-02-2006, 12:07 AM
I haven't eaten McDonalds in years.

and I intend to keep it that way ^^;;

firedramage
08-03-2006, 04:22 PM
ok, sushi it it.
Kurai_811 you give the directions to the sushi place.

inuashley
08-05-2006, 04:13 AM
I finished uploading the pictures from the meeting, so if anyone wants to take a look, they're in my gallery ^^

firedramage
08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Ok? The meeting could be for that Sunday the 20th at my place for BBQ at 1:00. I just got that Sunday free if you guys want to do that. But, still no cosplay.

Your option.

Sonsko-chan
08-08-2006, 04:31 PM
[The 19th was far too busy for me anyways. xD]

I'm up for it, but I'll need your address.

firedramage
08-08-2006, 04:52 PM
[The 19th was far too busy for me anyways. xD]

I'm up for it, but I'll need your address.

Ok, i'll wait for the others to give an ok, on the change of meeting.
Np, on the address i'll PM it to you later.

Sonsko-chan
08-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Sweet, thanks. ^^
My uncle, who I haven't seen in about ten years, is celebrating his aniiversary of being in the building he's in for his retail stuff. I say he should get anime things in and get a room in the dealre's hall of a con.

inuashley
08-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Just wondering, but why is there still no cosplay?

firedramage
08-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Just wondering, but why is there still no cosplay?

So, there would be no distraction from group bussiness and i don't think anyone would want to get BBQ sauce on thier cosplay it would be an real B**** to get out. But you can go Otaku if you want. So, let me know Sat or Sun for the meeting.

But, next month there will be cosplay. Speaking of next month I have an date for the meeting. Sept 23. My parents will be visiting that weekend and my mom wants to see the cosplay life. Let me know if that Saturday will be good for you guys. As for dad he said he'll watch the kids while we go to the meeting, lol.

inuashley
08-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Either day for the meeting this month would be fine with me ^^

hojou
08-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Ventura as in ventura california. Yeah I will Join and I know a couple of friends that will join too. PM me

Feral
08-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Either is fine as any day for me. I'll still have to try to request off work.

firedramage
08-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Ok, I'll move the meeting to Sunday the 20th, time: 1p.m. place my house for an BBQ. I'll get you guys the directions later.

firedramage
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Sonsko-chan i wouldn't try to get into So-Cal FullMetal Alchemist Cosplayers Group. You would have to be able to go to all their meetings and go to all the Conventions they go to. Also that they only allow one of each charater in the group no extras.

Sonsko-chan
08-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Well, I was -going- to try for Elysia Hughes, but meh.
I just wanted to give them the height chart so they could get their cosplayers more accurate.

firedramage
08-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Well, I was -going- to try for Elysia Hughes, but meh.
I just wanted to give them the height chart so they could get their cosplayers more accurate.

Yea, i don't think they are even active anymore. We will see if they will reply to your post.

Kurai_811
08-14-2006, 01:45 AM
So, there would be no distraction from group bussiness and i don't think anyone would want to get BBQ sauce on thier cosplay it would be an real B**** to get out. But you can go Otaku if you want. So, let me know Sat or Sun for the meeting.

But, next month there will be cosplay. Speaking of next month I have an date for the meeting. Sept 23. My parents will be visiting that weekend and my mom wants to see the cosplay life. Let me know if that Saturday will be good for you guys. As for dad he said he'll watch the kids while we go to the meeting, lol.

everythings fine with me, too. anyday and anytime on both monthz dates. (since i have no life lol)
no cosplay will actually be a good thing this time, besides, we need ta give our poor costumes a little rest anyway.^^; (except the one "normal" person who never cosplays >_> isnt that right, Gainax Boy? lol jkjk)

PS. sorry iv been dead on the forums for like, weeks lol ^^;;; iv been real busy..

Ventura as in ventura california. Yeah I will Join and I know a couple of friends that will join too. PM me

yep the Ventura in SoCal. ^^ ...i dont think theres more then one in the world, but waddo i kno? *shrug*
anywayz... hiya hojou, and welcome to the Ventura County Otaku Society! im Kurai_811 ^^ nice ta meet cha! its cool that you have some friends that would also be interested in joining, i hope to see you at the meetings! ^__^

Sonsko-chan
08-14-2006, 02:17 AM
I'll still be joining you guys on the 20th.
Today, I found out from Justin that I'm being depended on for the website. ^^;;
I'll try my hardest! xD

inuashley
08-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm definitely coming to the meeting on the 20th.^^ See you guys there!

hojou
08-14-2006, 09:48 PM
I am coming to the meeting after all for some reason I thought it was monday XD I will try to bring a friend along.

inuashley
08-16-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm going to Disneyland this Saturday and I won't be back till about 12:30p.m. on Sunday at my house, so I might be a little late to the meeting. ^^

firedramage
08-17-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm going to Disneyland this Saturday and I won't be back till about 12:30p.m. on Sunday at my house, so I might be a little late to the meeting. ^^

no problem

Sonsko-chan
08-18-2006, 11:39 PM
I may also be a little late. My mom decided I would end up going home from my aunt's house on Sunday. I told her about the BBQ, and she told me we'd be home in time for it. ><;;

firedramage
08-19-2006, 12:17 AM
I may also be a little late. My mom decided I would end up going home from my aunt's house on Sunday. I told her about the BBQ, and she told me we'd be home in time for it. ><;;

no problem

Ma Moi
08-19-2006, 01:36 AM
Ahh! I want to go... I already have plans. Darn it!! I'm going to my friend's house for a game of Risk and a game of me owning him in smash bros. I can't really can't cancel. Sorry guys. =( I wish I could go. It'd be really fun to meet fellow VC cosplayers. *bummed*

firedramage
08-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Ahh! I want to go... I already have plans. Darn it!! I'm going to my friend's house for a game of Risk and a game of me owning him in smash bros. I can't really can't cancel. Sorry guys. =( I wish I could go. It'd be really fun to meet fellow VC cosplayers. *bummed*

Welcome and thats alright we hold an meeting once a month. Hope to see you next month.

inuashley
08-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Yay! I'm the first one to post! I beat u Kurai!! XDD I would say that I had fun, but I'm still at the meeting. ^^ Nice to meet the new members^_^

Duralath
08-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Hum...maybe I should've paid attention?

Well, guess I'll have to wait for the next one to come around, yes?

Kurai_811
08-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Yay! I'm the first one to post! I beat u Kurai!! XDD I would say that I had fun, but I'm still at the meeting. ^^ Nice to meet the new members^_^

ha ha, you cheated then! >_> XD iv been at my house talking about VCOS ideas n stuff. XD i swear im gonna drag my mom onto these forums XD lol
anyway....
i hadda lotta fun for the time i was there (and a lotta fun taping everything 97% of the time XDD) it was really fun to meet the noob flea- er, i mean honorable new members too! yo, btw, can somebody tell me when the meeting REALLY ended? thx! XD

- Kurai, freak with the camera

EDIT: welcome to the Ventura County Otaku Society, Duralath! ^^

firedramage
08-20-2006, 11:03 PM
The last 2 members didn't leave till about 4:30-5:00. The BBQ went very well, welcome to the new members who came.
Oh, Gainax Boy you forgot your present from Kurai's mom and you will get it back at next meeting. Cause I don't want it.

Welcome to the group Duralath.

The next meeting is on Sat. Sept 23 at 12:30p.m. Cosplay is optional. The meeting is in Constitution Park here in Camarillo.

Sonsko-chan
08-20-2006, 11:28 PM
xD
Yes, his 'present'.
"IT LOVES YOU GAINAX BOY! IT CALLS YOUR NAME: 'GAINAX BOOOOYYYY!!!'"
xD

I loved joining, err, metting everyone. ^^;;

hojou
08-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Hopefully I can invite more friends to the next meeting and plan to cosplay cyborg 007. Get the mohawk and everything XD or something else.

YamiMegumi
08-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Hey guys..I am still in Florida..Will be here for awhile..

Hope the group goes well..

I hope to talk to some of you..It would help me get through this hellish place..

Please do IM me at x3 Yami. I would love to hear from someone..It would make my day...

Ma Moi
08-24-2006, 12:36 AM
So is there any idea when the next meeting is going to be? Hopefilly I would be able to make it to that one.

Sonsko-chan
08-24-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm pretty sure they said it was Sept. 23.
I may not make it, due to the fact I'm with my anti-anime father.

firedramage
08-24-2006, 11:12 AM
next meeting is Sat Sept 23 at 12:30 p.m. in Constitution Park here in Camarillo. Cosplay is optional.

Ma Moi
08-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Hmm, Sept 23... I'll see if I'm not busy that day. Hopefully I'm not.

Duralath
08-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Constitution Park in Camarillo, eh? Makes it rather easy for me to get there, then! I'll be sure to go there.

And Ma Moi, you're coming with me. :D

firedramage
08-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Constitution Park in Camarillo, eh? Makes it rather easy for me to get there, then! I'll be sure to go there.

Cool, see you at the meeting then.

inuashley
08-29-2006, 01:39 PM
I'll most likely be coming to the meeting, as long as nothing else comes up ^^

hojou
08-30-2006, 06:16 PM
sep. 23 ok. Hmm I need to decide on which one to cosplay as.

Kurai_811
08-31-2006, 05:34 PM
im also coming. (i always come, you guys cant get rid of me! XD) *cough* anyway... dont know if i'll cosplay or not though. jaa

- Kurai_811

Chizome
08-31-2006, 07:11 PM
I might actually make it this time! :O I'll have to ask dad when he's not eyeing my plushies like he's going to rend them limb from limb...

LadyAxum
08-31-2006, 07:57 PM
wow its great to see that there are so many people going now. too bad I had to leave the area, maybe if i visit in december I can get to one of the meetings

Sonsko-chan
08-31-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't think I can make it to this meeting. I curse the days. >>
My friends and I are planning to scurry into Disneyland that day.

Figures the cosplay day is when I can't go. >>

Ma Moi
09-02-2006, 02:33 AM

Haha, alrighty! I'll try to finish up Rin by then. No idea what I'll have done. If not, then I might go as Yuna. I'd go as Cloud, but it won't be done by then. Aww, I want to show off the sword though. Oh well. See all you guys then.

hojou
09-04-2006, 07:55 PM
I've Decide to go as Inui Banjin just need to do the wrist guards and bam done

firedramage
09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Just an reminder incase we have anyother new and old members joining.

The meeting is:
Sat. Sept 23
at 12:30p.m.
in Constitution Park here in Camarillo

Cosplay is optional as long it is decent

Sonsko-chan
09-11-2006, 08:52 PM
If I'm not going to DLand, which I'm probably not, I should come with my brother.

Err, I'll throw something together if I can come, probably Radical Edward.

Feral
09-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Bah, can't make this one. I have to work 9-5 :( Catch you guys next time, don't party too hard!

Chizome
09-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Bad news, guys... I can't be a part of VCOS anymore. T___T As much as I would absolutely LOVE to, my membership in any group is tentative- dad's moving us out to Kentucky for 2-6 months and whether or not he'll take us back here will be decided then. ;_;

firedramage
09-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Bad news, guys... I can't be a part of VCOS anymore. T___T As much as I would absolutely LOVE to, my membership in any group is tentative- dad's moving us out to Kentucky for 2-6 months and whether or not he'll take us back here will be decided then. ;_;

Awwww...there will always be a spot for you and I wish you alot of luck.

firedramage
09-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Bah, can't make this one. I have to work 9-5 :( Catch you guys next time, don't party too hard!

Party without you....how can we? "looks to the side.....thinking...lats see what can we do?...." LOL j/k

See you at the next meeting

Sonsko-chan
09-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I do believe I'll be dragging my brother to this one. I'll either force him to put Otakon (Hal Emmerich-Metal Gear Solid) back together, or he'll be out of costume.

Seeing as my hair is way too long for Radical Ed, I'll either use one of my old costumes or not come in costume. Unless I can get my mom to make one this week. :]

Sonsko-chan
09-18-2006, 08:28 PM
I actually cannot come this time. My mom just told me that we're actually going to Disneyland to celebrate my brother's birthday. So, meh. >>

firedramage
09-18-2006, 11:21 PM
well, see you next time.

hojou
09-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Directions

Duralath
09-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Where are you coming from?

From Ventura and all areas north:
101 Southbound, exit Carmen Drive. Make a left once you get off of the exit. (You should see In-n-Out on your left side). Make a left onto Carmen Drive (You should be on the overpass). Turn left on Paseo Camarillo. The park should be on your right side if you've done all of this (I'm going through it in my head as we speak.

From Newbury Park and all other places south:
101 Northbound. Exit Carmen. Turn right onto Carmen Drive. Turn left onto Paseo Camarillo. The park, again, should be on the right.

From places off of the 118:
Take 118 West to 23 South. 23 South leads to 101 Northbound. Follow the above directions after that.

inuashley
09-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I'll be coming as Shuichi ^_^ See you guys there!
Chizome- I'm sorry that you can't come; I hope to see you if/when you get back ^^

Ma Moi
09-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Well, see all you guys there. I just talked to my friend and got him to go. He knows nothing about cosplay so he's there for the experience. See all you guys tomorrow!

ps Sorry, i'm not dressing up tomorrow. Too much of a drag.

Edit: Guess my friend isn't comming. Well, I'll be there soon.

inuashley
09-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Yay! I'm the first one to post! Well, anyway, It was cool to meet the new members, even if they were pirates >< The wind sucked ;_;

firedramage
09-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Lol, and it was nice to meet the other new member's that were out of cosplay also.

Duralath
09-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Gainax Boy suggested that we have a website and actual forums for the VCOS...so I figured I'll put up a simple one on Freewebs or something, unless someone here has experience with HTML or anything better.

On top of that, I'm the new Weapons Master of the VCOS (there's meaning to this as well). Good to see those that came, sorry for those that couldn't make it...and hopefully, we'll see you at the next one.

firedramage
09-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Gainax Boy suggested that we have a website and actual forums for the VCOS...so I figured I'll put up a simple one on Freewebs or something, unless someone here has experience with HTML or anything better.

On top of that, I'm the new Weapons Master of the VCOS (there's meaning to this as well). Good to see those that came, sorry for those that couldn't make it...and hopefully, we'll see you at the next one.

ok, i have you under Quartermaster in "props/weapons". Now we just need someone in the "accessories" section. As for the website knock yourself out, cause i don't know anything about hosting websites.
I have to look at the Monthly Planner to see whats going on next month before setting the date for the next meeting.

hojou
09-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah the wind did suck. >< sorry we came so late, We where just doing alittle touch up on luffy fluff on his shorts, well jessica did, I just played alittle of RE3.

Sonsko-chan
09-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm glad you guys all had fun. I wish I could've been there. ><
Ah well, I went to Disneyland. Freakin' flew there. :]

Master Zero
09-26-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm assuming all of you guys are coming to MikomiCon??

Feral
09-26-2006, 04:22 PM
I can be the Accessories person. I mean, I don't have that much experience but it's what I do best.

firedramage
09-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm assuming all of you guys are coming to MikomiCon??

Well, i'm not going. My convention is sometime next year.

Duralath
09-26-2006, 06:37 PM
I'll be there. Gotta rep the Archer and compete in the 3rd Strike tournament.

hojou
09-26-2006, 06:44 PM
http://venturacosplay.aceboard.com/ bamn thank you the forum is up and running

Sonsko-chan
09-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Mikomicon is a go.
I just need to figure out who to wear.

hojou
09-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Wo0T car pool

Master Zero
09-27-2006, 01:12 AM
awesomeness. Make sure you guys sign up for the Masq. $100 gift card to the winner and a chance to sit next to the Master. (kidding about that last part, but the Gift card is TRUE! XD )

Gainax Boy
09-27-2006, 01:26 AM
I approve!

Sonsko-chan
09-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Mikomicon is like, 15 minute max. drive from my mom's. xD

inuashley
09-28-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm going to Mikomicon ^^

Sonsko-chan
09-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Watch as I force yet another costume upon my mom simply for Mikomicon. xD

Ma Moi
10-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Dang it, I wish I could go! I'm so freakin busy it's not even funny. Basicly I don't have a saturday off until the end of november... and that's because it's a holiday weekend. Then I'm busy until winter break. Go me?

EDIT: Any ideas on when the next meeting is going to be?

hojou
10-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Thats a good questions, there a forum On my link its the unofficial forum of VCOS. Are we even going to have a meeting in october its so busy.

Kurai_811
10-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Sunday, october 22nd 12pm Noon at my house
cosplay is optional, but theres not really much to do in costume here

before I go into detail and stuff, hows that sound to everyone?

btw, anyone sensitive to dogs, cats or cigarette smoke?

thats all.

-Kurai, VP

Sonsko-chan
10-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Kurai-
I cough with cig smoke, but I get used to it after a while.
But I think I can make it.

Mikomi-congoers.xD
I'm gonna be there in Elysia Hughes. I've ot some school friends who are gonna be Ed and Win, so I think I'm gonna hang out with them a bit.

Gainax Boy
10-06-2006, 01:14 AM
I'll be at Y-con that day unfortunately.. (and definitely sensitive to cats and Cig smoke ^^;; )

Master Zero
10-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Speaking of mikomicon...

If you are going to participate in this year's Masquerade and Craftsmanship Judging, both Judging and Masquerade Manditory meeting will be held on Saturday (Time to be Announced)

The meeting is manditory for those of you who have not participated in any masquerades before, so if you have questions, I will gladly answer them for you.

Craftsmanship judging will also be held on the same day (Time to be announced)

If you have any questions, please email them to: masq@mikomicon.com

Thank you and see you Next weekend!!!

hojou
10-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Sunday, october 22nd 12pm Noon at my house
cosplay is optional, but theres not really much to do in costume here

before I go into detail and stuff, hows that sound to everyone?

btw, anyone sensitive to dogs, cats or cigarette smoke?

thats all.

-Kurai, VP
Same here I will be at Y-con. How about a different day?

firedramage
10-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, i guess there will not be an meeting this month with 3 conventions back to back.

So November's meeting will be at Kurai_811's home. At 12 noon on Sat 4th. Let me know if this ok.
An let me know if there are any other convention's other than "SolCal GenCon" and "J-Rock Connection" next month.

Gainax Boy
10-06-2006, 04:59 PM
I can't make the 4th, unfortunately

Sonsko-chan
10-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Actually, I just realized today that I probably woouldn't be able to make the 22nd.

I might be participating at a variety show at school and I believe it's the 4th, so I don't think I'd be able to make it.

Kurai_811
10-06-2006, 09:37 PM
ok, well hows the 5th of next month for the meeting?

we must have our president at the meeting so firedramage can give his beloved gift from last month back :D jk
but seriously, the 5th good for everybody?

(for the smoke and cat problem; i can lock my cat up and air the house out, mom smokes outside for the day XD )

Ma Moi
10-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Hmm, the 5th doesn't sound too bad so far. But I think i have Rose Parade rehersals. And I'm allergic to cats and dogs >< I'd be able to make the 22nd.

Sonsko-chan
10-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Mikomicon...:]
I'll be Elysia-chan, my friend will be Edo-kun, and my other friend may come outone day as Winry. Yayyyyy.

hojou
10-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Hmm, the 5th doesn't sound too bad so far. But I think i have Rose Parade rehersals. And I'm allergic to cats and dogs >< I'd be able to make the 22nd.
sucks being you
http://www.gun-plus.com/screenshots/msgmovie/msg1pt3-64.jpg
XD sorry about the image, it may be alittle to much. But man that really blows not being able to go to the meeting, well the plus side is that you will be in the rose Parade

lpximpulse
10-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Hello all, i just finished reading through the 16 pages and it seems you guys have a pretty soild group going here. My name is Lawrence Palomo and i am out of Simi Valley. I am still new to cosplay, my only experience was 1 day at anime expo '06 as Vash. I am not new to conventions though, i have attended GenconLA '04 '05, GenconIndy '05, Wizard World '04 '05, Comic Con '04 '05. I quickly got into cosplay after anime expo and almost made the trip to AOD but it was to short notice. I am interested in going to Mikomicon this weekend but it is really short notice and i dont know if any of my friends would want to tag along. It seems your base meetings where in Camarillo, which isnt far from Simi, but i cant drive intel starting next month. All and all i am interested in meeting new people and having a good time. So if your group has a spot open count me in.

firedramage
10-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Hello all, i just finished reading through the 16 pages and it seems you guys have a pretty soild group going here. My name is Lawrence Palomo and i am out of Simi Valley. I am still new to cosplay, my only experience was 1 day at anime expo '06 as Vash. I am not new to conventions though, i have attended GenconLA '04 '05, GenconIndy '05, Wizard World '04 '05, Comic Con '04 '05. I quickly got into cosplay after anime expo and almost made the trip to AOD but it was to short notice. I am interested in going to Mikomicon this weekend but it is really short notice and i dont know if any of my friends would want to tag along. It seems your base meetings where in Camarillo, which isnt far from Simi, but i cant drive intel starting next month. All and all i am interested in meeting new people and having a good time. So if your group has a spot open count me in.

There is always an open spot for anyone who wants to join. So, welcome to VCOS. We also have an outside fourm at http://venturacosplay.aceboard.com so feel free to take an look. We are still alittle up in the air about when the next meeting will be. So, hopefully see you at the next meeting whenever I get an clear date.

lpximpulse
10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Thank you. Is there any meeting at Mikomicon?

Kurai_811
10-11-2006, 12:38 AM

yesh welcome to VCOS Lawrence! ^^ its always nice to have more noob flesh- er, i mean members! yeah, new members! XD *cough* aaanyway, XD im Kurai_811, nice to meet cha ^^

Thank you. Is there any meeting at Mikomicon?

we havent planned one as far as i know, but i think that would be a pretty good idea, quite a few of us are going i believe. ^_^ ill go if theres one.

ok, whos going to Mikomicon on what days and when do you have an hour or two free? then we can figure out a meeting time/place n stuff.

Duralath
10-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Cheer me on at the 3rd Strike tournament, maybe? :D

lpximpulse
10-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks Kurai_811. Is anyone here pre registered? I might only beable to make it 1 day so either saturday or sunday. Depending on cosplay events etc.

SumisuRin
10-11-2006, 05:32 PM
hi everyone. I'm your friendly (broke) treasurer. I think it's a good idea that we try to get together during Mikomicon. Any suggestions on time and place? Kurai and I are going to be busy most of Friday so we'd like sometime on Saturday or Sunday. Maybe we could find some place to eat after closing ceremonies?

inuashley
10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm not going on Sunday, due to nothing going on XD And homework ^^

Ma Moi
10-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Cheer me on at the 3rd Strike tournament, maybe? :D
Haha, of course of course! Hmm, i think i can actually go after practice. What day is the tournement? I can only go on saturday evening. It's still a maybe, can't be too certain. But see everyone there if i go. I really don't think i'm dressing up for this one.

lpximpulse
10-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Saturday is the best day i guess. Someone said meet up for lunch. Any idea what fast food places are in the area. Did anyone want to hang out during the con.

Sonsko-chan
10-14-2006, 01:22 PM
All weekend Mikomicon for me. :D

Ma Moi
10-14-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm not going on Sunday, due to nothing going on XD And homework ^^
omg, i feel ur pain. omg, i have hw for all my stupid ap classes. grr... couldn't go =( so upset!

RosyAristocracy
10-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi Kurai (and everyone else) Im the otaku that kept bumping into you at the cultural festival and at Mikomicon. ^^
Though I love anime, I havent gotten a chance to cosplay before, but I was wondering if I could join the Society? :3
If you say yes, when (and where) is the next meeting?

SumisuRin
10-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Mikomicon is over for 2006, but they plan to be back next year. For those of you who missed it...you missed an outstanding first time con. After talking with the organizers I learned that a small profit might be in the offing (when all the coins are counted) and that approximately 1000 folks wandered through the con. The bands were great, the panels were outstanding, the dealers hall was wonderful and the administration (reg, seating, pre-planning, etc.) was one of the best I've ever witnessed. If I had a single complaint it would have to be the lack of decent food, but I don't think most attendees minded eating junk food for three days. Mikomicon ROCKED! Don't miss it next year.

lpximpulse
10-15-2006, 11:27 PM
I missed this one because bad planning. Anyone going to PMX or gencon LA?

Saturnstorm
10-16-2006, 12:46 AM
i'm going to PMX... anyone wanna room with me? I wanna cut down my hotel price as much as possible. D: