PDA

View Full Version : questions about Weapons??

theonlyangel77
02-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Ok I know all you returning AMA'ers will know the Down Low on what can and can't be used....
For people like me who have never been to AMA could you help us out!

1) For guns, are airsoft guns ok.. as long as they have an orange tip?

Yea umm... thats all I wanted to know! Thanks!:angel:
^_^

NixKlouD
02-28-2006, 10:11 PM
VA has the shadow gun law where if it looks like a gun, then the police won't get in trouble if they shoot you thining you're armed, lol. So I'd suggest a whole different colored gun if at all possible, or just keeping it in its holster.

Chibi no Kutsu
02-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah trust me they are really tight about the guns, My friends couldnt have a rubber gun cause it looked real. Most weapons they peace bond as well, and they will find you peace bond it. So when you get there get it peace bonded. Ive been going for 3 years now, I know the weapon stuff.

NixKlouD
02-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Haha do you remember the peace-bond skit from last year? It DOES make sense to ban anything looking like a pistol though, however inconvenient it is for cosplaying.

AnimatedPoison
02-28-2006, 11:58 PM
Haha do you remember the peace-bond skit from last year? It DOES make sense to ban anything looking like a pistol though, however inconvenient it is for cosplaying.

I'd rather see a fluorescent ribbon/plastic tie on someone's prop than wonder if some doofus was playing around with a new purchase from the dealer's room. Talk about mixed messages anyway-- selling real weaponry to people who have been told repeatedly to not bring live metal! It's just as easy to go outside with your gear and shoot photos without the safety flag attached :)

theonlyangel77
03-01-2006, 08:14 AM
thanks!

theonlyangel77
03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
where do i go to get it peace bonded? I mean who do I get to do it?

Darth Takeo
03-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Con Security.

Usually have a room somewhere.

theonlyangel77
03-01-2006, 02:21 PM
cool... So if I bring in an airsoft with an orange tip, and they peace bond it, then i'm good to go... im bringing back up just in case..like a really obvious toy gun!

Darth Takeo
03-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Since this will be our first AMA, I can't speak for their policies. I know Katsucon won't allow anything resembling a gun and will persecute you if they catch you even thinking the word 'gun', so if AMA is a strict, you may be better off leaving them at home.

Hopefully AMA isn't on that level. :D

theonlyangel77
03-01-2006, 03:26 PM
yea i was a little girl at katsu... no weapons for me ^.^
but I decided I can't be all sunshine all the time....

inuyashasgurl
03-05-2006, 11:13 AM
what about a bow?Can i bring my bow to AMA without my arrows for my kikyou costume?

AnimatedPoison
03-05-2006, 01:31 PM
If you aren't sure about the policy, e-mail AMA (Send general questions about the convention to: animemidatlantic@yahoo.com). The worst that can happen is you bring the weapon, go to have it peacebonded, and they tell you no, you can't have it.

NixKlouD
03-07-2006, 05:50 AM
So I talked to a couple of the kids helping staff AMA and it appears they've gone rediculously strict this year. They told me even empty holsters and rediculously huge, obviously fake guns aren't even going to be allowed this year :-/ that sucks

theonlyangel77
03-07-2006, 09:17 AM
FYI: I e-mailed animemidatlantic@yahoo.com before I posted this thread, and well....not saying that they are not extremely busy, cuz I know they are, but I still haven't received a reply or anything from them.... I even sent it to them again middle of last week, but still no reply. MUCHO MUCHO thanks to everyone thats posting, you all are so helpful :)