PDA

View Full Version : DDR Machine at Anime North!!!

Erilan
02-18-2003, 10:53 PM
I just got word from the Anime North gaming coordinator that Anime North will have a DDR machine! Not just any DDR either... DDR Extreme! :bigtu::bigtu::bigtu:

Yet another reason to come to Anime North! :bigtu:

Sakura
02-19-2003, 05:54 AM
Yay~! ^_^ Do you know if they're using it for the tournament or are they using the softpads?

Erilan
02-19-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Sakura
Yay~! ^_^ Do you know if they're using it for the tournament or are they using the softpads?
That's a stupid question. You already know the answer. :p

Soft pads when there's DDR machine? Yeah right. :p

Limeyaku
02-19-2003, 07:07 PM
hey hey hey. be nice!! tone is hard to pick up with typing!

if it is being used for a tourny, it is a GOOD question, if there's going to be a lot of players or seomthing. maybe they'd have softpad additions, unless they're getting several machines. depends on the type of tourny then, right erilan? or not...i know nothing about tournaments but i don't see why they wouldn't have softpads as well...

heki-chan
02-19-2003, 10:17 PM
The DDR tourney will be on the arcade *^_^*
whtelse...o...staff is bugging about a parapara machine. but its highly doubtful at the moment^_^;

*thinks*
Chocobo Tourney is a go^^ (friday nite)

and Super Smash Bros Melee tourny is also a go (dunno which day. gotta wait^^)

I know for sure there is gonna be some kinda fighting game tourney (maybe that snk one?^_^;; )

but yeah. and this year they're giving the gaming room a gooder room, so better ventilation *phew*

o yeah. for tourney's please remember that its first come first served basis. (with WICKED ARSE prizes toO! *_*) so remember to come by the room and sign up asap! KK?^_^

i think im handling signups on friday...soo yeah. look for a short little yuna LOL

~heki

Sakura
02-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Damn >< I suck at the arcade ones... always have. For some reason I'm very light on my feet and I have problems with using the arcade machines. Well some of my friends are entering so I'll be there to cheer them on ^_^

Sullenshady
02-20-2003, 08:59 AM
I'll be there just to make a fool out of myself...by the way, what's a Chocobo tourney?

coscrew
02-20-2003, 01:28 PM
i dunno... i wouldn't count on having a machine there,
i heard the same thing about last year, and it turned out to be a stinky sweaty room with poor raped pads duct taped to cardboard...

where did you hear the info? is it a reliable source?

Erilan
02-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by coscrew
i dunno... i wouldn't count on having a machine there,
i heard the same thing about last year, and it turned out to be a stinky sweaty room with poor raped pads duct taped to cardboard...

where did you hear the info? is it a reliable source?
If you count the gaming coordinator as a reliable source, I heard it directly from him. :bigtu:

heki-chan
02-20-2003, 08:55 PM
yesyes^_^ zero_divide <--the gaming head cheese^_^ told us about the ddr-arcade machine^_^

and we are FOR SURE moving to a better room^_^ WAY too many ppl complained last year^____^

and as for who asked wht a chocobo tourney was:
its Squaresoft's little racing game "Chocobo Racing"
Its sorta lik mariokart//crashteamracing but with squaresoft characters; even Bahamut and Squall^_^

Sullenshady
02-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Nice...the one type of game I actually have a shot at winning :)

heki-chan
02-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Chocobo Racing is gonna be ran as a tag-team race. each team needs THREE members. ^_^ so pick ur members wisely^__^ (ill be giving short tutorials on the game before the actual competition, so dunt worry if ur not familiar with the controls. its really easy to pick up :))

MikigamiTokiya
02-21-2003, 11:13 PM
^______^ finally!!!! the competetion will be alot better, last year ebcause we were on soft pads i had to play in tights and i kept slipping around dammit ><;;

KittyCanuck
02-23-2003, 11:33 AM
I'm terrible at DDR, but I really like watching people who are good at it play! ^_^

stillvisions
02-23-2003, 02:57 PM
They need an Initial D: Arcade machine there; not likely though. I'd be in on that.

MikigamiTokiya
02-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by stillvisions
They need an Initial D: Arcade machine there; not likely though. I'd be in on that.

me too XD that would kick @$$

Sakura
02-23-2003, 04:42 PM
I played the Initial D game! ^-^ It's so cool, probably the best racing game I've ever played because they play songs off of the soundtrack when you race. Of course, I suck at it. I lost to Maya, Simone, and Shingo ><;

stillvisions
02-23-2003, 11:05 PM
I'm an addict myself; I can beat Bunta with an RX-7, but there's a ton of players out there who can trash me. I've already spent too much money on that game...

...but when version 2 comes to my local arcade I'll probably fall back into addiction again. What a rush of a game.

DDR's fun too, but the usual wait to play is too long for my taste.

MikigamiTokiya
02-28-2003, 09:54 PM
the RX-7 is the best ^___^