PDA

View Full Version : So how many people did you meet at this con?

Oshi
02-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Okay, I think this would be my list of screennames....

Those I met for the first time:
Sami, Kellie, psythe, Recca-kun, Kaje, ZiggyB, diqitaldreams, Keurblitz, sailor-moon, NekoCathy, leilanihime, MegaPlayboy-kun, Nietsche, Kenshin Ken, Reiko, SeymoreMother, evil_neko, kitty_neko, MaskedPrince, Sciguy, Daitenshi, Khamryn, Kataiya, Mibuzen, SailorMo, SailorAndromeda, MargauxZ, chibi-dj, chibilikun, Silly_Kitsune, Duncan, AJ, Luna Moon

Those I already met and saw there:
Ranma Saotome, Studmaster, Ayaka, krystal1314, Kamui Motoaki, Pookie-kun, neoangelwink, Oshidori, PockyDarcy, Lupin_III, DigikoOmi, JohnBooty, Celine, ShadraD, Jibrille, Arisuchan, AngelYuuki, Lady Somairot, dizzylizzy, Eurobeat King, LionelBoogy, Lady_Sephiroth, Rosiel, die-chan, Schu, G-chan, Doc Stampede.

And those I saw/recognized, but did not formally meet: Rinkun, Kell, Saru, Giant Alucard, HeeroJF, Maryssa, Tenshi, MasterOfBarton

And... I'm pretty sure that's all! Wow. Katsucon like, doubled my list O_O I now know about 75 of you freaks :) Weee...

Ranma Saotome
02-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Oh God, not this again! *LOL*

I'll have to make this a better post tommorrow. ^^;

supesu otoko
02-19-2003, 12:04 AM
i'm pretty sure i saw some of you there but was too afraid to say hi

:(

MargauxZ
02-19-2003, 12:21 PM
A bunch! Wow! It was SO awesome meeting everyone!!!!!!

HuongStar
02-19-2003, 12:24 PM
I saw many of you but I was out of costume the majority of the convention so I didn't want to bother anyone. ^_^;;;

arisuchan
02-19-2003, 12:33 PM
I know i meet people there but i have no idea who wa who O_o the only people I know i meet for the first time was Celine, Ranma, Studmaster, and briefly Pookie-kun. And of course all the people that were there for the tactics group. Everyone else I can't connect screen name to face!

sailor-moon
02-19-2003, 12:47 PM
i met WAY too many people^^ heheheee^^ it wa so much fun seeing all of you that i met/scared XD lol heheeeee ::skips off::

residue
02-19-2003, 01:11 PM
i met Ranma Saotome and Studmaster in Mc donalds... i recognized oshi and digikoomi but they looked kinda busy, so i didnt wanna bother em

Luna Moon
02-19-2003, 01:22 PM
I saw a lot of ya'll but didn't say hi....

:P

-Luna-

psythe
02-19-2003, 01:27 PM
I met so many people from the boards, it would take awhile to compile a list O_o;;;

But you know if you met me, so, it was tons o' fun!

Ranma Saotome
02-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Next time, I'm making a sign that says- "Hi I'm Ranma Saotome / DJ Ranma S from Cosplay.Com!"

Naru
02-19-2003, 02:13 PM
oh please do that Ranma!! I think everyone should lol! I already have a hard time remembering names with faces. Then add the combo that it would be my first cosplay, people would be in costumes, and I don't know what most people on cosplay.com look like in the first place!

Sanosuke
02-19-2003, 02:23 PM
You forgot me Oshi =(

That's ok, everyone does....

Kataiya
02-19-2003, 02:27 PM
whahaha, at AMA my sighn shall have gameshow lights and sounds with big bold letters :B I bet no one remembers me :B I just said hi to a few people cuz I was shy and then I ran off

Celine
02-19-2003, 03:00 PM
I met tons of people. I'm sorry if I seemed kinda grumpy at the con... it just wasn't a good weekend for me. ^^;; But I did have a great time meeting and spending time with so many members. I don't think I could make a good list of everyone I saw since there were tons. Just look at the cosplay.com photos! It's craziness.

Nene
02-19-2003, 03:07 PM
mwahaha, well, considering i started checking out this forum..like..now...after the katsucon...i dunno if i met any of y'all or not. -^ ^;; And it would've been hard to notice me, anywho, since I wasn't really cosplaying...at all..-x__x;; I just know I was very creepy and said random things to random people. yup...that considered meeting? hrrmm...oh well, monkey =D

Oshi
02-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Sanosuke
You forgot me Oshi =(

That's ok, everyone does.... ...Who are you? O.o;;

Maryssa
02-19-2003, 04:55 PM
LoL... you sort of *saw* me Oshi... i was waiting in line for ddr with you a few times XD but i almost never introduce myself because i'm shy like that....

Zelly
02-19-2003, 05:26 PM
I saw and recognized a buttload of people, but didn't really talk to anyone because I'm shy and also hardly anyone on this board knows me anyway. *shrug* Though a few I obviously already knew even before cosplay.com...^_^;

And of course I missed the group photos. I've never made it to group shoots (like cosplay.com or COSP mailing list) in my entire cosplaying life. :P

Oshi
02-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
LoL... you sort of *saw* me Oshi... i was waiting in line for ddr with you a few times XD but i almost never introduce myself because i'm shy like that.... Yeah, I saw you, but I didn't realize who you were until after you left ^^;

Jin
02-19-2003, 07:08 PM
i didnt say hi either, i wasnt even dressed... one girl said i looked liek i was going to commit suicide... hmm sad... but fun

Kellie
02-19-2003, 07:24 PM
@_@ Gah! I met SO many people and got to say hi to people who had previously met!

Ummm.... ^^; I'm going to make a horrid attempt at perhaps naming who I definitely did meet and ended up in a cosplay pile with.

For ze first time:
Celine, Oshi, Ranma, Shandra, Khamryn, John Booty, Pookie, Recca-kun, Kenny, Dez, Ziggy, Kell, Sailor Moon and her Seiya, ^_^ Rosiel's Katan..gaaah...*slowly racking her brain* Aaand..probably lots more! ^_^;;

Who I got to see again! Yay!:
Rosiel (who is making me croissants soon! *^_^*), Maryssa (Your Sailor Venus costume is outstanding as well as Terra!), Will (Who thinks he's the master of poking and what not ^_~), Shannon (*^_^* HP Fanart! Woo!), Lemmi and Kapo! (Mustard and James Brown. Enough said. XD)

;_; I really hope I didn't forget anyone. ;_;** this is why lists are bad. ^___^ But to anyone else I met, :D HI and it was awesome meeting you all!

Kenshin Ken
02-19-2003, 07:24 PM
I met tons of peeps there ^^ Lionel and Al were a given ^^. then there's AJ, Moo, Somyi, etce tc..SHANNON! ^^ and a bunch load of others that are still floatin in my head right now..

of coruse ^^ *hug8 Celine I met ^^ big surprise meetin' here there ^^. didn't think she was gonna make it though, but I'm glad she did! ^^

jamuko
02-19-2003, 07:29 PM
Oh, hello, Kenshin Ken! I'm the person you met outside the cosplay room dressed as Leon... ^^ ya, I joined. Yay!

SailorAndromeda
02-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Oy..um, I met Lionel (again), Al, sailor_moon, Robbie!, Duncan, Maryssa (but I didn't realize it was you! *kicks self*), and now I'm going blank...*blonde moment* Well, I know I met a few others and saw some people again. Overall it was fun. Missed the cosplay.com photo, but oh well, maybe at Otakon ^^

Kenshin Ken
02-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jamuko
Oh, hello, Kenshin Ken! I'm the person you met outside the cosplay room dressed as Leon... ^^ ya, I joined. Yay!

Yahoo~! ^^ nice meetin ya! * pat* great Leon costume hehe ^^.

jamuko
02-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Nyu~! ^^ Ya, thanks for telling me about this site... later Yui/Dias also told me to come, so... I did. ^^ I'll be here a lot, hopefully... nyu! Thanks for the compliments of my costume. ^^

... *looks at location* ... O.O You came all the way from San Francisco? Wow, you're dedicated! I wish I could do that... ^^;;

Maryssa
02-19-2003, 08:44 PM
Aw man see now I feel bad... so many people keep saying they realized it was me after the fact ^^;;; I'm sorryyyyyyyy for being so stupid with introducing myself!!

Kenshin Ken
02-19-2003, 08:44 PM
more like lured in on the cent of adventure and fun ^^. wait up till you head out here, a very different place..as I found out lookin around the places ovah there ^^.

jamuko
02-19-2003, 08:47 PM
I've been there, once... but it wasn't for a con, just for a summer vacation. So it was probably different than normal, packed with tourists... ^^;;

Kenshin Ken
02-19-2003, 08:55 PM
welp when you get the money or time, come on around ^^ the west coast'll still be here ^^.

so how's the con for ya? ^^

jamuko
02-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Ya, I'd like to go to one of those cons over there someday... but it will probably be a looong time. ^^;;

Katsu was great, even though I didn't get to be snowed in on Sunday... >.< I was really surprised at how many people recognized my costume. ^^ At Anime USA, no one had any clue what Star Ocean was... o.O

Did you have a good time too? ^^

Kenshin Ken
02-19-2003, 09:11 PM
that Idid ^^ althugh being snowed in wasn't a entierly pleasnet experiance.. it makes for intersitng and funny rants n stories ^^.

" Wake up sunday morning,m look at TV screen and they say..on weather photo, white is okay...blue is mild, and pink is veeeerry bad.. we in the midle of the pink! middle of the 'frickin' snowstorm!" ^^;; but it was all cool ^^.

jamuko
02-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Yeah, it would be a big pain for someone like you who had a plane to catch or something... for me it wouldn't have been so bad, if they had let us. ^^;; It just would have been like an extra day at the con.

Kenshin Ken
02-19-2003, 09:16 PM
meh ^^ at least we're back home ^^. that's what's improtiant. although now my sleeping schedule is shot to hell ^^;;

Tenshi
02-19-2003, 09:18 PM
I met a whole load of people. Listing them would be tiresome plus I'd probably forget about half ^^;;. But suffice to say my cosplay.com "People Whom I Have Met" list has skyrocketed ^^.

jamuko
02-19-2003, 09:19 PM
heh, yeah, it's a big change in time from here to California... ^^;;

Ranma Saotome
02-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Naru
oh please do that Ranma!! I think everyone should lol! I already have a hard time remembering names with faces. Then add the combo that it would be my first cosplay, people would be in costumes, and I don't know what most people on cosplay.com look like in the first place!

I must've missed something... What con you gonna be at?

Ranma Saotome
02-19-2003, 09:57 PM
LoL... you sort of *saw* me Oshi... i was waiting in line for ddr with you a few times XD but i almost never introduce myself because i'm shy like that....

Well I think most of us are on this board are like that. I dare someone to deny that. :D

Tora
02-19-2003, 10:02 PM
saw/recognised a lot of you but of course I didn't say anything...wayyyyyy too shy. But the lot of you probably didn't recognise me anyway! ^_^

Oh and of course I managed to miss the photo shoot too. der... V_V'

Oh well I still had fun!!!!!!!

digikoomi
02-20-2003, 01:27 AM
the best thing is to mee Saru and Mel~ and lots people from CA XD they are so cool!!
I wish my parents let me go to con...T_T

SailorAndromeda
02-20-2003, 09:20 AM
Maryssa- Hey, if you go to Otakon, I'll stalk you, would that be better? j/k I felt stupid, cause I didn't want to ask "Are you Maryssa" and have it not be you. But I should've known it was you, especially since you were hanging out with Duncan. Ah well, some other con, lol

Sami
02-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Oh lordy, let me just say "a lot" in place of the names that I probably can't remember.. ^___^;;;;;;

Ranma Saotome
02-20-2003, 09:49 AM
Aw man see now I feel bad... so many people keep saying they realized it was me after the fact ^^;;;

I'm still shocked that you knew that I was the moogle. How the hell did you know anyway?! ^.^;;

Mibuzen
02-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Ya, I'd like to go to one of those cons over there someday... but it will probably be a looong time. ^^;;

Katsu was great, even though I didn't get to be snowed in on Sunday... >.< I was really surprised at how many people recognized my costume. ^^ At Anime USA, no one had any clue what Star Ocean was... o.O

Did you have a good time too? ^^

I recognized your costume right away so I talked to you about EX a little bit. I probably should start reading the manga. Lousy disclosed tv series ending!

jamuko
02-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Mibuzen: You talked to me? Who were you? ...Now I feel bad. ^^;;

Ranma: Were you the one in the giant furry moogle costume? If so, I talked to you a little... ^-^

Luna Moon
02-20-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Kenshin Ken
I met tons of peeps there ^^ Lionel and Al were a given ^^. then there's AJ, Moo, Somyi, etce tc..SHANNON! ^^ and a bunch load of others that are still floatin in my head right now..

of coruse ^^ *hug8 Celine I met ^^ big surprise meetin' here there ^^. didn't think she was gonna make it though, but I'm glad she did! ^^

Hey ^___^

Remember me??? I'm Jenn~

-Luna-

Ranma Saotome
02-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Ranma: Were you the one in the giant furry moogle costume? If so, I talked to you a little... ^-^

Yep, that was me. ^^; Question... Were you the fangirl that fondled me? O.o

supesu otoko
02-20-2003, 01:35 PM
my friend had hugged you! but got scared when a certain someone asked her if she could touch your no-no spot, eep!! hehe

Ranma Saotome
02-20-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by supesu otoko
my friend had hugged you! but got scared when a certain someone asked her if she could touch your no-no spot, eep!! hehe

Hehehehehe, like I was gonna complain! :D

jamuko
02-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Yep, that was me. ^^; Question... Were you the fangirl that fondled me? O.o

Um, no, that wasn't me... ^^;; I was with my friend, who made some comment about how you needed the little red ball thing on your head to make your costume complete. ^^;;

Sanosuke
02-20-2003, 02:36 PM
I updated my avatar, maybe people will recognize me now =).

jamuko
02-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Same, though mine still isn't a photo... you can see the outfit a little bit better now, though. I looked like that, except with brown hair. >.< ... and I kept forgetting to take off my glasses. o.O

I -might- have seen you, Sanosuke... I'm not sure, because I didn't really talk to the Sano's much... except for the one that was with my group, anyway. ^^;; I can ask her; she might know. ^^

*edit: forgot to ask... was the kanji on your back painted, or sewn? Because I -know- I saw a Sano with it painted. ^^;; Weird mental notes...

Duncan
02-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Durrr. I assumed you knew Maryssa already. Sorry~ @_@

Mibuzen
02-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Mibuzen: You talked to me? Who were you? ...Now I feel bad. ^^;;

It was on saturday night. I was security guard Kyo. I talked to you about the other Star Ocean people too. I have short red hair and glasses. I hope that helps.

jamuko
02-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Hrmm... ~_~ *bites lip* I talked to so many people...! What, specifically, did we say? That would help me remember... ...I feel stupid. >.< I'm sorry! ^^;;

kelldar
02-20-2003, 04:38 PM
I talked to so many people also *_* Everyone was just so nice, it was awesome.

Rinkun
02-20-2003, 06:25 PM
;_; ew, my shyness made me not meet a crapload of people, but i did meet some.

from i remember i met
Ranma Saotome (>=D see you at Animazement!)
Oshi (dude, sorry, like i said, i was shy ;_; )
Margauxz
Oshidori
Eurobeat King

i also met up with people i already met a while ago, like G-chan. and the Luffy, Zoro and Sanji i met at Otakon :3

and i recognized a lot of people from here, but as i keep repeating myself XD i was very shy....i was also busy recording non-existant film footage for my TV Production class X3

Kenshin Ken
02-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Luna Moon
Hey ^___^

Remember me??? I'm Jenn~

-Luna-

Yahooo~ heya Jenn! ^^ missed ya lots! Still thinking of the ice-ed tea trip we had before the snowstorm? ^^ ahha ^^

Ranma Saotome
02-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Um, no, that wasn't me... ^^;; I was with my friend, who made some comment about how you needed the little red ball thing on your head to make your costume complete. ^^;;

Oh yeah, I remember that! ^^;

Sciguy
02-20-2003, 10:11 PM
ok, I don't know everyone's handle that I met, but I'll try to name who I met. I'm sorry in advance if I miss anyone!

Neko Cathy, Leilanihime, Eurobeat King, Oshi, SeymourMother, Oshi, Ranma, MargauxZ, Sailor-moon, Arisuchan, Kell, SailorAndromeda, SillyKitsune, Rosiel, G-chan, and others. I know that I met more, I simply cannot remember the pertinent handles, gomen!

Lol, I was in the Cosplay.com photoshoot, but Ranma's big ol' head (j/k Ranma!) hid me, lol

Ranma Saotome
02-20-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Sciguy
Lol, I was in the Cosplay.com photoshoot, but Ranma's big ol' head (j/k Ranma!) hid me, lol

Oh Miroku... WHAM!!! *hits Sciguy hard with a mallot* My bad. :D

Oshidori
02-20-2003, 10:30 PM
i met a lot of people too...but i'm not sure if i remembered all the names!

Sciguy greeted us! Thanks for giving us such a seet and warm welcome!
and then of course there was Oshi-kun, Adam, Alice, Chibi Dj (thanks for not kicking my ass! lol), Rosiel, AJ, (this is wherwe i forget names) the girl with AJ (you chicks were so nice!!... i'm sorry if I was all disombobulated and frazzled, but it really made me so happy when you said my tips were helpful!!!), Studmaster, Joel, Carrie, Anna, Mike, and sooo many people...erm ok so i'm cheating i knew most of them already :p

did i forget anyone?

Ranma Saotome
02-20-2003, 11:00 PM
The girl with A J was most likely Ayaka. ^^

chibi-dj
02-21-2003, 12:55 AM
i met Studmaster, Ranma, (i've known the Gingerbreadman seince before i was on cosplay.com), Sailormoon, Oshi, Eurobeatking, Ziggy, Will, Rosiel, and.....and.... GAAAA!! >< i'm so bad with names!!!
Gomen to all I forget ur names! *bows a thousand times!*

*I was the Red Valentine's kitty passing out lolipops and held the limbo "bar" for the limbo contest by artist's alley* :3~ meow!

~why am i cursed with bad short term memory....><~

Rinkun
02-21-2003, 06:31 AM
ah, i met you then, Chibi-DJ

i was the one in the huge pink hat (as in avatar) and said 9_9 "i heard you were passing out lollipops to cosplay.com members, hehe" you gave me one and we went our seperate ways XDDD

Giant Alucard
02-21-2003, 07:36 AM
i saw you walking around Rinkun!!! But you weren't looking so well when i saw you so I thought I would leave you alone to go get some rest, since it looked as if you may have needed it.

Ranma Saotome
02-21-2003, 10:06 AM
Screw this... Next con I will have a Ranma Saotome sign and each person from the site will sign it, so I know who they are! ^^;

chibi-dj
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Rinkun
ah, i met you then, Chibi-DJ

i was the one in the huge pink hat (as in avatar) and said 9_9 "i heard you were passing out lollipops to cosplay.com members, hehe" you gave me one and we went our seperate ways XDDD

I MEMBER UUUU!!! ^_^ i hope ya like the lolipop! ^_^
:cheers:

A J
02-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Screw this... Next con I will have a Ranma Saotome sign and each person from the site will sign it, so I know who they are! ^^;

You know, that's a really cute idea! Or maybe cosplay.com badges that we could print out and put on the back of the official badge sleeve? I know some MLs do that so they'll recognize each other...

Oshidori, yeah it was Ayaka with me when we came pelting up to you. LOL. Thanks again for the wig dying tips! I'll have to show u the results sometime... after I find a camera since mine is on its way to Belgium now. *grumble*

-AJ

Mibuzen
02-21-2003, 03:02 PM
I met most of the people I had seen pictures of before hand and some people on intuition but I didn't meet nearly as many people as I wished to.

Rinkun
02-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Giant Alucard: ;_; yea, i was so close to fainting Friday night and it made me sick and weak the rest of the weekend. i've never slept so good afterwards in my life! hehe

chibi-dj: Cherry tootsie roll pops rule! :3

Sanosuke
02-21-2003, 07:45 PM
forgot to ask... was the kanji on your back painted, or sewn? Because I -know- I saw a Sano with it painted.

No, mine was hand sewn on. My sister's friend helped me design it though. I thought it turned out GREAT!

digikoomi
02-21-2003, 08:07 PM
Yeah~ it's good to meet people at the con, cosplay people are nice

Ranma Saotome
02-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by A J
You know, that's a really cute idea! Or maybe cosplay.com badges that we could print out and put on the back of the official badge sleeve? I know some MLs do that so they'll recognize each other...

I normally do that, but this time I forgot to make time to create one! >.<

Rinkun
02-21-2003, 09:25 PM
*_* ah! Saru! the smashing Luffy in the tux!..hehe. Shanks too, right? hat looked the same ^_^

~_~ yea, here comes the "dude, i met you but didn't know it until later" comments XDDD

neoangelwink
02-22-2003, 01:01 AM
i gree i meant so many people. hi very one again ^_^

Nene
02-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Mwa! I agree with A J! We should really make a type a card thing for people to print out and laminate (with their name on it) to use and for people who run around looking for other cosplay.com people, I know I would! (ohoho..->>;; -<<;;). Plus, it's a good way to meet new people (even if you've already talked with them in the bbs..-x_o;) to hang out with at cons. I know first hand that sometimes it can get so LONELY at cons when your seperated with your friends or only have one other person with you, and you look around and see huge groups conversing and having a good time...yup..-x x;;

so i hope we start that up by the otakon! it'd be great to actually meet some of y'people =D

digikoomi
02-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Rinkun~ I am the one who point at you and teach you guys how to pose remember?
I love you costume~ kawaii xD

I knew lots people from NY and new people I meet are those people from CA~ nice to see you guys...it's maybe hard to see each other after...becaues US is too big ^^ll

ChibiLikun
02-26-2003, 08:18 PM
I saw you Oshi!! Remember? Rain Card...Li Syoaran

Vialoi Ketsueke
02-27-2003, 09:10 AM
..I'm such a loser I only met 5 people, and that is because Digikoomi introduced them to me. ...I saw you Oshi..

Neko Cathy
02-27-2003, 03:26 PM
People I have met AT THE CON:

*Eurobeat King (I wanna steal his Inital D remote Control car!)
*Giant Alucard
*Studmaster
*Oshi (my raver)
*Sciguy (hehe, my little follower)
*Ranma Saotome (We have to hook up at Otakon for Buffalo Wings)
*chibi-dj (vaguely)
*Kit
*Krystal
*Kaje
*POOKIE (You sexy bitch.. are you trying to hump my leg? :devil:)
*Kamui

People I met BEFORE THE CON:
*Megaplayboy-kun (my Akira.. not yours, MINE!)
*leilanihime
*OtakuErik

Reiko
02-27-2003, 03:27 PM
I feel sorry for all those who met me HEHE

kitty_neko
02-27-2003, 04:18 PM
i met a LOT more people than i thought i would... but i still wish i had introduced myself to more people! >_<

and reiko, you were so much fun to hang out with!! why would i be sorry i met you?? ^_^

Reiko
02-27-2003, 04:20 PM
LOL aww thanks..I feel ...well you put me in a good mood. maybe next con we hang out together again?

kitty_neko
02-27-2003, 04:23 PM
whee! of course! ^__^
are you going to anime boston?

Reiko
02-27-2003, 04:24 PM
no..but anime mid atlantic and Otakon I am :)

kitty_neko
02-27-2003, 04:28 PM
aww....i guess it'll be otakon then...
btw, ive just decided to do a squall crossplay, so we should take pictures together when we see each other there! ^_^

Reiko
02-27-2003, 04:36 PM
LMFAO really LOL I'll bring the Rinoa costume then..*L*