PDA

View Full Version : Which Hotel are you staying at? SDCC 2006

Eurobeat King
03-02-2006, 03:20 AM
Hey everyone,

By now, most of the close hotels by SDCC are sold out, but you can still check the website to see what's still available:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel.shtml

So where is everyone staying this year? I was fortunate to get the Manchester Grand Hyatt again, since it's pretty close, getting to/from the con is just one straight direction, and last year I got there at 6am and was able to get my room (which provided a little rest after driving all night.) Plus on Thursday night (Day 1) they have an all-you-can-eat Prime Rib buffet, which I'm going for this year. :bigtu: Last year I couldn't because of the Final Fantasy concert, but nothing will prevent me from enjoying the meal this year! heehee

Space Invader
03-02-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm staying at the Motel 6 about a mile away. I hope they have shuttles ^^;. Walking a mile to the center in any of my costumes would be excruciating... except maybe Aerith. But other than that... yeah. MM MMM, HEAT EXHAUSTION! :D

Eurobeat King
03-02-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm staying at the Motel 6 about a mile away. I hope they have shuttles ^^;. Walking a mile to the center in any of my costumes would be excruciating... except maybe Aerith. But other than that... yeah. MM MMM, HEAT EXHAUSTION! :D

You'd have to check the website to see if they have a shuttle route that goes by your Motel 6. If need be, you can walk to one of the bigger hotels (if there is one nearby) and take the shuttle that stops there to get to the con. Hopefully there is one that's close to you, cos I certainly don't want you to suffer from HE.. :thumbsup:

FeyMeggan
03-03-2006, 01:25 AM
there's not a shuttle to the Motel 6 directly...or at least there wasn't last year. The closest shuttle stop is a few streets away(I think, never used it). It's not a bad hike, but I did it in sneakers and live a mile up normally so sea level had lots and looooots of air LMAO. I drug my friend the mile(learned must feed amanda every three hours...this includes first thing in the morning) and even she did it fine.

Skewed_Tartan
03-03-2006, 03:23 AM
The Courtyard by Marriot, nice old fashioned place, and closer to the con than the actrual con hotel. :p

BlueLady
03-03-2006, 10:04 PM
back at the sheraton suites.. I love the rooms

TechieCL
03-05-2006, 12:48 AM
What a coincidence Skewed ~_^ , I too am staying at the Marriott Courtyard approx 0.5 miles from the convention center. Short walk...but still going to be blazing...

ACXchan
03-05-2006, 01:00 AM
I managed to get the Holiday Inn about 1 mile down Harbor Dr. They got a FREE shuttle service to the convention center operating from 6am to midnight. Very convenient ^ ^

Keiichi-san
03-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Wyndham at Emerald Plaza, same as last year. The 8 block walk to the convention center is just on the right side of being tolerable, and the hotel is beautiful. Cheap for a 4-star too at only $157/night.

-K1

atomic99
03-14-2006, 07:07 AM
From what I heard, most of the hotels offered through the Comic-Con site went rather quick. You might be able to find something now but either the weekend rate is outrageous or Saturday and Sunday are filled. (Saw one for about $750 a night on that weekend).

Other options if you missed out would be to get one of the hotels without the Comic-Con discount through Expedia and get something right outside of downtown. Think about your options though: If you have a car and can find parking near the convention, you can get the cheaper hotels/motels in the bordering towns. No car? Maybe try a motel next to the trolley line like the Super 8 Motel out near Qualcomm Stadium which is much much cheaper.

I hear that some rooms may open up at the downtown hotels later as people cancel their reservations but it's a gamble.

Skewed_Tartan
03-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Short walk...but still going to be blazing...

Not necessarily, SD is a coastal town so there'll hopefully be an ocean breeze. Its not like its the desert where the heat never really dissapates from the ground in the summer. :bigtu: Fellow con-goer...:p

Chas
03-18-2006, 07:25 PM
I work at The San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina, so I think you should all stay there. :P (of course, then you'd have no money..)

CPOK
03-18-2006, 10:20 PM
I am staying at the Holiday Inn at National City myself.

Majin Buu
03-22-2006, 12:35 AM
I don't know, yet. I'm not 100% sure I'll be in SD, but I do plan to be there.

Neo Dave
04-18-2006, 05:55 PM
I just booked at the Raddison last week. I was lucky and there was an opening. 1 mile from the con and it has shuttle. Suppose to be 4 star hotel and it's actually one of the cheaper ones.

I spoke with the people handling the hotels. They highly recommend getting on the wait list. Last year they accomodated quite a few on the list. The person also said keep your eyes glued a week before June 8th. That's the day where they start billing credit cards for one day of your stay. People hoggin rooms will offload their reservations if they are not going by then.

The travel planner interface is real time on booking. I had two bookings and released one and it showed up immediately after I canceled. You're better off booking online then talking to a person.

Good luck and hope to see some people there.

Dave

TheZan
04-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Hotels are tooe xpensive for me ^_^;; I only live an hour, maybe give or take 15 minutes, away, so I'm going to drive up and drive back for Friday and Saturday... ^_^;; I'm the cheap, I guess. Though anyone in the Oceanside / Bonsall / Fallbrook area is invited to tag along, provided you might end up driving one day... ^_^;;

QJaeJae
04-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Fortunately for me I have lovely family members who live in SD. Now, provided they live a 15-20min away from downtown, I have easy access with the trolly. Yay for me. I wanted a hotel but by the time I actually decided to get one, the ones I wanted were sold out. I should have known better. lol.

speaking, if anyone still has a spot free....

haha.

Suzushichan
04-30-2006, 12:17 PM
i live in sd, but i'm only going to the con on saturday because of work. :/
heh.heh.heh...it's only about 20 minutes away and we'll be there pretty early to take care of masquerade things.

Rogue Marvel
05-05-2006, 03:02 PM
My group is staying in the comfort in right next to the seaport village trolly station. Not my first pick but being right next to the closest station to the con center is a big plus.

Wish the room was cheeper and bigger but we shall manage

Mandy Mitchell
05-14-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm staying at the Marriott Hotel & Marina which is adjacent to the convention center.

Gowa-chan
05-15-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm staying in the hotel known as my sister's house XD

Eurobeat King
05-15-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm staying at the Marriott Hotel & Marina which is adjacent to the convention center.

Lucky.. we're right next to each other, A. :) I walk by the Marriott on the way to/from the Hyatt. Let me know how that hotel is, since i've only been inside the lobby to meet up with Lionel back in 2003.

akamai
05-15-2006, 01:38 AM
I live in San Diego, but I'm going to take the trolley, since there's a trolley station right in front of the convention center (and parking is waaaay too expensive downtown). If you can't get a hotel near there, getting one next to a trolley station is the next best thing I think.

Majin Buu
05-16-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm staying in the Old Town/Mission Valley area near the trolley station, so things appear to be looking good right now.

OrionX5
05-16-2006, 02:35 AM
none I'll stay at a friend's again and pay for gas which is slightly cheaper.

Mandy Mitchell
05-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Lucky.. we're right next to each other, A. :) I walk by the Marriott on the way to/from the Hyatt. Let me know how that hotel is, since i've only been inside the lobby to meet up with Lionel back in 2003.

I definitely will! :bigtu:

Strider
06-04-2006, 02:28 PM
I am just wondering if anyone here needs a room mate? I am going to go in my Indiana Jones cosplay, but I am looking to split costs with anyone else who is going that desires to save a little money. I'm a pretty laid back guy, and I don't do any drugs or drink or anything like that. If you're looking for a room mate, please shoot me an e-mail at: darkseidofthemoon@gmail.com . :chatah:

Thanks! :skidude2:

TR Rose
06-10-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm staying at Doubletree San Diego Mission Valley. It was the only one that still had any double rooms left when I booked.

ACXchan
06-11-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm at the Holiday Inn by the Bay with free shuttle service, it makes me happy. However we need more roomies to ease the cost. I'm wondering where I could post a notice for roomies, can I just make a new thread and put it up in this sub-forum ^ ^;?

ApolloNoUta
06-16-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm staying at Pacific Inn Hotel. I think it's like a block or two away.

Eurobeat King
06-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm at the Holiday Inn by the Bay with free shuttle service, it makes me happy. However we need more roomies to ease the cost. I'm wondering where I could post a notice for roomies, can I just make a new thread and put it up in this sub-forum ^ ^;?

you can make a new thread if you're looking for roomies for SDCC. :)

ACXchan
06-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Haha it's all good now, I got lucky. Uh... in the yay-new-roomies-sense, whut.

ramus
06-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Hello

New to the forum just saying that i will be there at SDCC staying at
the Westin Horton Plaza so i hope to meet everyone:D

:bigtu: