PDA

View Full Version : Anbu Cosplay

neonenergy
03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi,

First off, i am a man :)

Im gonna be cosplaying as an ANBU member in a couple of months for Anime Boston. That said i have lots of time to complete my outfit. I have already made the gloves, and have the undershirt for wearing under the vest. I also have a black konoha headband for w/e uses The pants i can get easily. The sandals i can make myself.

So. I have some beater-tshirts that fit the template for the vest very well. However, i do not know where to go after that :). I realize i must cut of the top part to install the vest "handles". What material should i layer over or under this? I want something that is pretty much realistic, however not thick.
(i do have an old spare chest-protector for sparring however, and i believe part of it would work great :))

The mask i can make out of almost any artistic element, if anyone could suggest a base (clay, paper mache etc). I do have lots of time so i want it to be legit, and very polished. Whats a good material for this?

What material for the armgaurds as well :)

last thing is, there are many anbu members i could go as.. I figure random anbu1, random anbu2 or maybe zabuza? Kakashi might be too over the top. I am practically blind in my left eye however, and that has potential :)

Danzikumaru
03-03-2006, 01:14 AM

Well, as far as character suggestions are concerned, Zabuza was never an ANBU member, in fact, only Leaf, Sand, Rock, Cloud, and while Mist didn't have an ANBU squad exaclty, they DID have the Hunters, a squad with similar masks to the ANBU (non animilistic, though) designed specifically to track down and eliminate missing nins to the Mist Village. Their uniform is the same as the uniform that Haku wears (although he wasn't really a hunter himself).

Known male canon ANBU members = Kakashi, Itachi, Yamato, and Morino Ibiki
So, you could either go as a random original ANBU member (which leaves you leeway in the design process) or you could do one of those three (mind you, to my knowledge there is no art of Ibiki wearing the traditional ANBU uniform, so you have some freedom there as well, just remember the scars.)

ChibiTifa05
03-03-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm actually going as Anbu Anko for Otakon this year. I'm basing her Anbu outfit from a really nice Japanese fanart that I found. ^^

neonenergy
03-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Im going to otakon as well :) meet ya there

My mask will be pretty complex, as im gonna build the base out of paper mache, covering the whole thing with a few layers of gesso, sanding it down, painting it, and then perming it with some clear material.

as for the character, im split between kakashi or random chara :) since i need a contact in my left eye anyways

Cora
03-06-2006, 12:55 AM
I made my ANBU mask out of wonderflex with a mask base that I bought at Blick Art Supply. There are pictures of the construction and finished product in my gallery if you're interested. Wonderflex is slightly expensive, but if you're only going to make the mask, you don't need very much, and if you get a smaller piece the cost shouldn't be too bad at all. Cosworx sells wonderflex now in several different sizes.

Wonderflex is wonderful (haha...pun...-.-;; ), it's very easy to work with, just heat it up and mold, if you mess up you just reheat it and reform it. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Good Luck!

dustbunny
03-06-2006, 01:31 PM
I did a SNJ Anbu Sasuke...came out ok i guess...it was last minute and a barely had a week. SOrry to say that the pic is not up yet. BUt i did complete the mask and am most proud. I hope ur anbu comes out great.

neonenergy
03-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I made my ANBU mask out of wonderflex with a mask base that I bought at Blick Art Supply. There are pictures of the construction and finished product in my gallery if you're interested. Wonderflex is slightly expensive, but if you're only going to make the mask, you don't need very much, and if you get a smaller piece the cost shouldn't be too bad at all. Cosworx sells wonderflex now in several different sizes.

Wonderflex is wonderful (haha...pun...-.-;; ), it's very easy to work with, just heat it up and mold, if you mess up you just reheat it and reform it. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Good Luck!

good idea. lets see if i can borrow some from the art department

janmurphy
03-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Just gonna throw this in, since your a boy remember your anbu tattoo goes on the left arm, for girls its the right arm. (dont believe me check the Naruto animation books on my site *grin*)