PDA

View Full Version : Which hotel will you be staying at for AMA?

Darth Takeo
03-03-2006, 11:49 AM
We're staying at the Richmond Marriott which is connected to the convention center.

Hope to see lots there!

AnimatedPoison
03-03-2006, 12:06 PM
We're staying at the Richmond Marriott which is connected to the convention center.

Hope to see lots there!

Same here. It's worth the extra few bucks a night.

Darth Takeo
03-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Same here. It's worth the extra few bucks a night.
This will be our first AMA. Do most con-goers stay at the Marriott?

SailorKagome
03-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Marriott. It's only ten bucks more per night.

Darth Takeo
03-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Plus the other hotel was like 5 blocks away, right?

SailorKagome
03-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Plus the other hotel was like 5 blocks away, right?

Something like that.

I'm willing to pay the extra to not have to walk if I can help it. Except when it comes to Otakon. XD My hotel is going to be two blocks away, but it's cheap, so I don't care. XDDD

Darth Takeo
03-03-2006, 02:15 PM
We stayed at the Radisson one year at Otakon, it's couple blocks or so. Not a bad walk, but still an inconvenience.

5 blocks would be a bit much, IMO.

irkenmodelgir
03-03-2006, 02:19 PM
me and the couple people im going with are staying at the Richmond Marriott stayn at the conventon areas are top of the line

AnimatedPoison
03-03-2006, 08:18 PM
This will be our first AMA. Do most con-goers stay at the Marriott?

AMA wasn't always in downtown Richmond. It used to be at the Holiday Inn Koger Center off the Midlothian Turnpike. I skipped last year's AMA, so I'm not sure if they held it there last year or not. So this would either be the first or second year it's at the convention center..

NixKlouD
03-04-2006, 07:29 AM
AMA was still at the Koger Center last year ^^
BTW-The Radisson is evil! haha I know we're not talking about the same one Takeo, but their van driver definitely almost hit me when I was in downtown RVA last night- it's a black car, but that doesn't make us invisible! lol Anyways I'm staying at the Marriot too. It's worth the extra cash to be so close to the con :)

Solairis
03-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Totally staying at the marriott. I think it will be great for convinience's sake, and hella cool for the indoor pool! I go to school at VCU down the street, so I know the area pretty well already. I'm not happy about the parking charge per day, though. Oh well :schitzo:

SailorKagome
03-09-2006, 02:19 PM
So much for the marriott. XD It's sold out. XP

Oh, well. My friends will be staying there, so I might still be able to use the pool....

NixKlouD
03-09-2006, 10:39 PM
ARGH! Sold out already?! I don't think my friend booked us *pouts* ....Maybe I'll sleep in my SUV in the parking lot....... haha

Btw- Hey God! I didn't know you were on the cosplay forums ^^ Small world

Solairis
03-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Btw- Hey God! I didn't know you were on the cosplay forums ^^ Small world

I'm pretty sure you were referring to me as that's my nickname! So, why yes, yes i am ^.^

quadrain61
03-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Yay Marriott :D

dizzylizzy
03-28-2006, 10:03 PM
ARGH! Sold out already?!

I definately called today to make reservations. They are not sold out. : )

I'm at the Marriott. WOO!! I'll see everyone soon.