PDA

View Full Version : Aeris Gainsborough

Mizuho
02-19-2003, 02:15 AM
I present you with an Aeris sketch, inspired by the great work of Amano. ^^; Even though it's nothing close to his unique style, I really like the way he portrays his characters very elegantly, and being quite charmed by this, I tried my hand at drawing Aeris, barefoot and adorned with jewels and bracelets, kind of grasping at what seems to be the whispy Breath of the Earth....

Like my last sketch, I drew this one in class with pencils and an ink-pen. I tried to pay more attention to the proportions, and her poise... My main weakness ist drawing in the eyes and faces. I have such a difficult time lining them up correctly.

Criticisms or friendly words of advice are welcome.

If you want to see the full picture, the URL is http://www.aniphelia.net/sara/art/aeriswind.jpg.

KitsuNessa
02-19-2003, 07:04 AM
pretty!! i really like it. :)

Lovelyangel_81
02-19-2003, 09:47 AM
That's beautiful! :)

Kataiya
02-19-2003, 11:56 AM
I love your style. Your simplicity in faces seems to really work with your style and you pull it off extremely well. You seemed to catch Aeris perfectly, as with her proportion, you got the child bearing hips down XD. (Thats how I remember the three main FF gals, Aeris has child bearing hips, Tifa is curvy and busty, and Yuffie is shkinny :B) . The only thing Id suggest is the wrists seem a little small, especially the right one, but it doesnt take away much from the picture so...good job! :D

Something Lulu
02-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Beautiful! I think the hair and face look great, very stylized. If anything, the hand on the left (her right hand) looks a little awkward, and maybe her left foot.

Mizuho
02-19-2003, 06:25 PM
*Feels very happy* Thanks for the compliments! If I get the time, I'd like to go back and fix her left leg. The shin seems a little big shorter than her thigh, now that I look at it...

WitchofEastwick
02-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Pretty!!!!!

videogirlc
02-20-2003, 03:57 PM
I love it. It's a really nice piece.

Arisa
02-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Gorgeous! ^_^

Mizuho
02-23-2003, 10:35 PM
*Laughs and hugs everybody* Drawing this made me reeeeally want to see someone cosplay as an Amano-style Aeris. If any of you Aeris cosplayers get bored, you guys could do that. ^___^

It would just be wearing lots of pretty jewelry with a regular old pink dress.... Sigh! Amano's work is so pretty.