07-31-2002, 11:21 AM
Is anyone going? Here's the info

http://www.animejungle.net/us/events.shtml

Yggdrasil Pie
07-31-2002, 12:52 PM
Oh...Sounds interesting...^^ I would love to go...I wanna go.... ;_;

peacecraft
07-31-2002, 01:18 PM
oooooo..... That's right around the corner from me. Maybe I WILL go this time.

LiL QoH
07-31-2002, 04:15 PM
coool people might go! I'll be there as Lina Inverse! I might do karaoke to get my hands on that DVD player *squeek* XP!:crylaugh:

Ina
07-31-2002, 04:43 PM
ohhh, interesting! i was planning to go to LA that same weekend too! i guess i'll bring one of my costumes and stop by

LiL QoH
07-31-2002, 10:58 PM
Is anyone entering the karaoke contest?

Yggdrasil Pie
08-01-2002, 12:04 AM
heh...I just asked my mom...she think's I'm insane! ^^;;;;;
But there might be a chance I might go! Yay! ^^

tsukinohime
08-01-2002, 01:06 PM
Ooo, I want to go so badly. *scheming*

Asuka Langley
08-01-2002, 02:00 PM
I wanna gooooo ;____;
Hmm... well... let's see...

Brazil - USA - swimming = 4 months.
Where i get to La - walking = 3 weeks.
Cosplay and Karaoke... hmm... priceless! =D

LiL QoH
08-03-2002, 02:27 PM
http://qoh.homestead.com/files/rikki3.mp3 I wanna enter the karaoke contest...whutcha think? and yes that's me singing to the karaoke version of suteki da ne :D

NeoDrifter
08-03-2002, 02:55 PM
wow you have a nice voice, I say GO FOR IT

Miaka No Baka
08-08-2002, 01:50 AM
I think i'll be going! As for entering karaoke I dunno ^_^; I'm kinda shy with singing in public but I'm practicing my song: Pa Pa Do Wa the opening theme song for Mahou Yuugi. I'll be there in my Padudu costume with my sidekick Ouikichi ^_^; This all depends if i can get sunday off. Do u think it's crazy to drive 4 hours from northern cali (we've discovered what takes most people 6 hours from the bay area we can make it in 4 >D ) to the event and then leave the same day ^_^;;; I heard they're having 2 separate contests now, one for just cosplay and one for karaoke that way people who dont wanna sing but cosplay can enter a contest and that way people who wanna sing but not cosplay can enter too.

Miaka no Baka

Dark Vision
08-08-2002, 03:35 AM
O my god, i so wanna go. Unforturnately due to have to work to continue cosplaying, i'll coming a day late. Reason for going up is acquire new costume skills from an old special fx and props guy. But i really wanna go, tempted to ask for yet another day off.

L to the 3rd
08-08-2002, 03:47 AM
I'll be helping to host the contest..
doh! I can't MC to save my life!

HOpe to see ya all there!

MugenH
08-09-2002, 06:15 PM
Chances are I'll be there.

FlameSniperRei
08-09-2002, 08:28 PM
I'll see everyone there, I think I will be wearing my Yuffie. ^.^

SohjiroX
08-09-2002, 09:59 PM
Um, love to go but dont know the details really and would need a ride.....but if anyone can help with that, than yeah, love to go.

LiL QoH
08-10-2002, 12:40 PM
woohoo almost done!
http://qoh.homestead.com/files/lina2.jpg

Nadeshiko
08-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Hii!!! Posting from my laptop while on vacation! ^_^

Hm...sounds very tempting. I have a red eye flight this evening. I'm going to *try* and make it. It would depend how much energy I have from jet lag and I'm hoping I could get some sleep on the flight. Can't make any promises, but I'd love to attend. If so, look out of Pepper from Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar.

SohjiroX
08-11-2002, 02:17 AM
Who from the Orange County area is going, I would like a ride if possible so I can go?

Miaka No Baka
08-11-2002, 02:47 AM
well well it looks like i'll be leaving soon to head down to la. I'll be the girl with the giant pink fish. Trust me u can't miss it. ^_^; I hope it wont be TOO hot cause oukichi is hot to wear since it's equivalent to your average warm blanket just shaped like a fish. Hope to see u all there!

Miaka no Baka

LiL QoH
08-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by SohjiroX
Who from the Orange County area is going, I would like a ride if possible so I can go?

hehe I'm looking for a backup ride.. and I'm from orange county also

LiL QoH
08-11-2002, 12:36 PM
my ride flaakeddd ;___;!!!!!

SohjiroX
08-11-2002, 08:58 PM
guess its today or such, well...I can wait till ani-magic I guess.

MugenH
08-12-2002, 01:18 PM
Hey All,

It was great to see you there; I recognized a few faces, and everyone sang so well! I wasn't in costume -- all of mine are simply too too warm to be wearing in such weather. But congrats!

MugenH.

Aoshi Shinomori
08-13-2002, 03:11 AM
It was great to see u all there. wish i knew who was who though

L to the 3rd
08-13-2002, 03:32 AM
<--was the Cloud strife helping w/ the music
and helping people down the stairs...
er..maybe I should have help people go up too..

>_<;; so many wires n' crud everywhere..

OH..there's another cosplay event coming up..
called Comic World (Augh 30th-Sep 1).. it's actually been around
for awhile, but there wasn't one last year.

Aoshi Shinomori
08-13-2002, 02:43 PM
hey nice cloud costume.. is it in socal? maybe ill just wait till animagic. yeah at the karaoke my voice went up.. then down.. then the music drowned me.. then it was even. heh well hope u have fun at Comic World

L to the 3rd
08-13-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey Aoshi..I remember seeing you lookin' kinda
nervous before going up on stage. hehe. You did fine!

Thanx..you got a cute costume too. ^o^

Aoshi Shinomori
08-14-2002, 12:59 AM
aww heh I got a cute costume.. was it the butt bow that was cute? yeah i sorta tried to back out but was pressured into doing it. I had fun but boy was i nervous. I saw u walking around alot. I seen u before as squall and u have a kick ass costume. I think i first saw u and your sister at AX 2000. is that your sister??

Adella
08-14-2002, 02:38 AM
aoshi IS sexy. butt bow and all :d

L to the 3rd
08-14-2002, 03:27 AM
LOL! Aoshi has a cute butt.......... bow! XD

hehe thanx..yep my sis ^_^;; er twin.

Miaka No Baka
08-14-2002, 11:09 AM
i think aoshi was more feeling sick than nervous though... remember how i had to buy $20 of useless snack foods in order to get u that bottle of pepto bismo? stupid store and stupid bank for locking me out of the ATM portion of my card.... I would've rather paid atm fees than buy $20 of misc stuff i dont really need. >_< At least ya didnt throw up and u got treated to a mochi ice cream ^_^;
Oh yes keep reminding me to fix those butt bow pants so we dont have to resort to the safety pin...

Miaka no Baka

Aoshi Shinomori
08-14-2002, 02:44 PM
Hi Aeris.. I finally made my way here. aww. *blushes* heh yeah i figured u were sisters.. but wow twin sisters. Well I've seen u many times, but never got the chance to say hi. Well I was about to retire the butt bow costume, but i think ill keep it alive heh Watsuki was amazed by that costume cuz he said it would look that color if it was in color. heh well i think it was butterflys in my stomache or something. and thanks for the pepto bismo, even though u would have to buy 20 bucks of food heh ohh.. I love mochi ice cream. yeah we should fix it soon, cuz the waist broke during the meet the GOH and i was walking around holding my pants up.

FlameSniperRei
08-15-2002, 06:51 PM
^.^ omigosh tho'wah! theres like a million cosplayers id like to match their faces to their boad names!

It was good at AJ though because I did get to do that. :D !

peacecraft
08-15-2002, 07:01 PM
Well, I went early, and there weren't really any cosplayers hanging around yet, however, I was getting pretty sick (it turned out to be the flu) and I ended up going home before I was able to meet anyone. :( On top of that I ended up spending the next several days unable to get out of bed.

Well maybe I'll make it to the next one in better health.

Aoshi Shinomori
08-16-2002, 02:33 AM
Did u knew who i was? heh well im usually nice and i like to meet new people so if u see me, u can come up and say hi or i can say hi to you and see how you are doing. yeah i wish we could carry like our screen names so we can know who is who. ahhh.. I love Rinoa.. Rinoa is one of my favorite characters.. shes so pretty..

yeah i felt ill too when i was at AJ. i dunno if it was butterflys in my stomache or what.

L to the 3rd
08-16-2002, 03:06 AM
eye poking umbrella? :o

*ish shy*

Aoshi Shinomori
08-16-2002, 12:39 PM
hey your not shy are u? hmm.. eye poking umbrella.. yeah almost poked me in my eye but i dodge real quick before it did.. grr