PDA

View Full Version : Anime USA! (Virginia)

jamuko
02-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Hello, sorry I'm new, but some people at Katsucon alerted me to the coolness of this site. ^^ Anyway, is anyone planning to go to Anime USA? It's not until November, and it's kinda small, but it's my favorite con. ^^ It's in northern Virginia somewhere... Alexandria, maybe? I'll check. Ya, I just wanted to see if anyone here is going or has gone before... thank nyu! ^^

*edit: Okay, it's in Tyson's corner. The website is http://www.animeusa.org , if you want more info.

Sami
02-20-2003, 09:41 AM
I went last year, and I had a blast! ^^ It's such a small con that you get to relax and not worry about having to be 5739 places at once, and you can hang out and chat with people.. definitely recommended. ^____^ I'll be there this year too, hopefully for Friday and Saturday, or maybe just Saturday depending on work..

Kellie
02-20-2003, 10:33 AM
I'll be there! Hopefully all weekend since I only got to go for one day last year.

Rosiel
02-20-2003, 10:34 AM
I'll probably be there too, as it is a stone's throw away from where I live. =)

jamuko
02-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Kewl! ^-^ I've been to the past three of them, so ya... you do weird stuff in the middle of the night when everyone's just sitting around... lol, does anyone else know about Gourd Man and the Newtype subscription card tower from last year? ^^;;

And who were you people cosplaying as? I might have met you and not even know it... ^^;; I was Leon (lab coat, kitty ears) last year. The year before that I was Sakura, with my friends who were Tomoyo, Syaoran, and Yue. ^-^

Sami
02-20-2003, 11:33 AM
At the last AnimeUSA I was Kingdom Hearts Squall.. it was very ghetto and the belts just bothered me to no end, but there are pictures of it in my costume database. ^^;

Rosiel
02-20-2003, 11:34 AM
> At the last AnimeUSA I was Kingdom Hearts Squall..

I was Schuldig on Friday, Rosiel shortly (no wings) on Saturday and Ramirez (Skies of Arcadia - think shiny metal shoes) for the cosplay.

And that's where I met Sami and Kellie, too. =)

jamuko
02-20-2003, 11:44 AM
Rosiel, I remember you as Ramirez! ^-^ That costume was awesome! I remember when I was watching the cosplay with my friends... we made some comment about how your hair looked so cool. ^^

arisuchan
02-20-2003, 01:20 PM
I'm very much looking forward to Anime USA this year *^^* Last year was my first time and I had so much fun! The only costume that anyone might remember me would probably be my Sara costume from Angel Sanctuary. I wore it in the cosplay. Jibrille and I are planning to book a room sometime in the near future. We have to sit down and plan all of our cons for this year yet!

CrimsonDroplets
09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm coming to Anime USA as either Rena Ryuugu or Ren Kagamine, not sure yet, but I hope I get to meet all of you. Everyone sounds so nice. ^_^

Aer
09-24-2009, 08:22 PM
wtf this thread is from 2003!